Living with a Double-Edged Sword

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And then, I met you. I'm glad I let you in. I love you, Syd. You're my forever-girl."

She could barely get out, "I love you too," with the tears in her eyes, she kissed him with the hope of pouring her soul out to him. This was the kiss that promised him a lifetime of love and happiness. She'd be there for him, through thick and thin. No matter what they faced, they'd face it together. She was his forever-girl, after all.

—-

Epilogue

Ray took over Nancy's two years later and took to it with a vigor unbeknownst to those around him. Nancy was happy that she could finally "rest," as she called it, and went on a very long and appreciated vacation. Syd became an Occupational Therapist's Assistant and was very happy with helping the people she came into contact with. The happy couple finally married a year after Ray took over Nancy's and welcomed the newest member of their family, Beatrice. She was lovingly called Bee and/or Bean as she adorably couldn't pronounce her own name.

And, now that she was two years old, she truly had her Daddy wrapped around her itty-bitty finger. She called Syd Nana and/or Nanny in place of Nanay. Syd was confident that her little one would get there one day, if not soon. That was the one thing she'd wanted; she loved how Ray called his mother Nanay, and she couldn't wait for her little Bean to call her that too. At least she could say Lola (Grandma in Tagalog). Her Lola loved her granddaughter very much.

For her grandparents on Syd's side, she called them Mammy and Pappy. And Nancy of all people took her role as her godmother very serious. It was as if she doted on Beatrice more than her parents did at times. She was happy to be a part of it all and loved her goddaughter with every fiber of her being; she especially loved it when her Bean called her, "Nan" just like her father did.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, little one?"

With her arms stretched out as far as they could go, she yelled, "I lub you this much!!"

His little Bean had grown so much in just two years and he teared up at that. Syd was watching and loved how their "little one" had that quizzical look again as Daddy was getting emotional, like always. So she barged right in, and tickled Bee's sides. "Well, what about Nanay? You love your Nanay right?"

After the giggles had subsided, their little Bean looked at her Nanay and said, "Ob core! (Of course) I lub you too Nanny!"

This time it was Ray who smirked as he saw his loving and beautiful wife tear up. He couldn't blame her though. Beatrice was too damn adorable.

*****

If you've reached this point, I thank you. This is my third story and whether you liked it or not, I'd love to know what you thought about it! Your feedback is always appreciated. Also, I'm sorry if there are any errors; that's on me, since I don't have an editor. Please, have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

-tb