Lonely Woman on Dante's Peak

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"God, then the city must be devastated."

"Well perhaps not. That depression is really quite low and remember the city has its seawalls. Oh, duck down and bring up all the batteries. The kitchen radio works on batteries and some in dad's collection may fit."

They sat eating yogurt and drinking bottled water, listening to the emergency radio station.

The reports of damage and loss of life made grim listening. An estimated thirty surfers who'd defied the warnings to evacuate to higher ground had lost their lives, asleep in their tents, when the storm-driven tidal surge swept over the supposedly protective sand hills. The seawalls fronting the city center had worked as planned, deflecting the force of the incoming water upwards, leaving the city center suffering only wind damage and flooding. Some of the damage to stores closest to the seawalls was caused by pleasure boats being swept over the wall and across the street to land through plate glass windows or crashing into doorways and ends of dividing walls between buildings.

"It is a scene of devastation and damage will go into the tens of millions of dollars," intoned the newsreader. "The harbormaster reports seventy percent of craft in the marine are probably insurance write-offs. According to Captain James Briscoe what saved the city but what was bad news for the surfers who drowned was the angle the tidal surge came in, hitting the town wharf first which absorbed a great deal of its pressure. Buildings on the wharf were swept away but the wharf itself appears relatively undamaged. The subsequent rain deluge has caused water damage to premises and dwellings with wind damage to roofs, flooded streets and an unknown number of people have probably died, caught up in mudslides."

"It's very bad but could have been worse," said Alan.

The newsreader continued with the verbal portrayal of damage. "Roads all over the region have left individuals and indeed whole communities isolated and Army and Air Force personnel in helicopters have already begun checking out these victims but landing only if people require urgent hospitalization. In the meantime residents are urged not to return to the city until the all clear is given. Power and telephone services are out as are water supplies to some areas and raw sewage is contaminating buildings and streets, being carried along by stormwater."

"It's a real mess," Katherine sighed.

Alan said that was true but it fell well short of the potential devastation that had seemed likely.

He returned the grill outside and lit it, asking Katherine to fetch a pot of water. "We need coffee."

Later they watched a helicopter hovering over farm houses below and then begin heading towards them. Alan grabbed Katherine by the hand and said they needed to go outside.

"But we're nude."

"Grab a rug," Alan laughed, pulling on a pair of shorts he took from a suitcase where he'd dumped it by the front door. He also had a shirt on by the time the chopper arrived. Katherine hurried out wearing a robe.

A guy sitting at the open doorway shouted through a speaker, "Hi, Sergeant Dick Willis speaking. Please listen and do what I say. Are there only two of you down there? If it's yes take two steps forward. If it's no take two big steps backwards."

Katherine and Alan stepped forward.

"Right, if you require medical assistance take two big steps forward. If everything is okay and you believe you can survive without assistance for another three days then take two steps backwards."

They both stepped backwards.

"Good, now wave confirming everything is okay and you don't need help."

They waved furiously and the sergeant waved to them. The helicopter banked and flew down the valley, probably allowing observers to note the problems with the access road.

Katherine locked the front door and removed her robe and then looked at Alan.

Alan asked, "What?"

"Let's live in the nude. You have a lean body, not the disgusting mass of fat many guys your age have."

"Why nude -- most women look more provocative to men with some clothes on."

"Do they really? Are you sure about that?"

"Yes I am."

"Well in that case find your underpants and I'll wear a demi-bra and a short skirt that has a high split and no knickers. How about that?"

"Sounds perfect to me."

"And you have permission to fuck me whenever you wish."

"Sounds perfect to me... far better than marriage."

"God Alan, you are almost funny at times. I'm taking a real liking to you."

After lunch Katherine and Alan dressed and negotiated the rugged terrain down the peak until the reached the fields and from there it was an easy walk including wading above their knees through the new saltwater lake, to the Hutchinson's farmhouse.

Mary Hutchinson ran out and kissed Katherine. "Oh we are so glad you are okay. We thought the violent wind last night might have demolished your house. We awoke this morning and saw it standing, appearing unmarked. I suppose you access road is out?"

"Yes. Hi Dave," Katherine said, as Mary's husband emerged. Introductions were made.

"We were hoping you guys had phone contact with the outside world."

"No but I have CB radio contact," Dave said. "What can I do for you?"

Dave handed Alan a beer and poured wine for the women. He made contact with a CB operator a guy who undertook to call Katherine's parents at her aunt's home and then call Clara advising that Katherine and David had come through the drama unscathed. Alan had gone to Catherine, taking supplies in case access was cut, which it had and had stayed with her. The house appeared to have suffered little damage.

Mary noticed Alan staring at her and smiling asked what, probably thinking if Alan needed to stare at a pair of great breasts why bother with her when he had Katherine to gaze at.

"Mary, please excuse the intrusion but as a new friend may I advise you to get that mole at the base of your neck, just before the start of you cleavage, looked at by your doctor?"

Dave grinned and Mary looked a little offended until Katherine said quietly, "Alan is a very eminent physician."

"Oh really?" Mary said in the way many women do in matters concerning health and medicine. She walked over to the window and said, "Please take a closer look Alan. Dave won't object."

"I don't wish interfere... you are another doctor's patient."

"Now just get over here and examine it Alan, don't be a naughty boy. Get him your magnifiying glass from the study Dave."

A careful examination followed.

"Well?"

"Hmmmm."

"Alan, please behave."

"Please consult your doctor."

"Very well, but what is it?"

"Based on pure observation I would suggest you have it remove. In time it could, emphasis on 'could;, become a threat to your health. Has it change recently?"

"Yes, it has grown and become darker."

"Tell you doctor that. He may decide a biopsy is the next step."

"Is that okay?"

"Certainly and if I'm right he'll sent you to day surgery to have it removed. Based on my casual observation, you have nothing to fear but just begin the process in the next week or two Mary. It's impossible to be too early with possible threats."

"Would you like to examine the rest of my body?"

"Um no thank you Mary but another beer would go down nicely. May I say you have great skin."

"You mean for mey age."

"No Mary, you have great skin. Obviously you use moisturers to protect against excessive hydration which catches out many rural women who work in the open."

"Damn right she does doc. Mary spends a small fortune on stuff in tubes, bottles and spray cans to spread all over her."

"And as a result Dave, your wife has probably the finest skin I've seen seen on a rural woman."

Dave look fondly at Mary. "Well you know I have to bitch about something love. I spend more on a vet bills than you spend at the pharmacy. And you know I do like stroking your skin."

Mary blushed hugely. "Look, you two guys; get off my case."

Alan laughed and said, "How is your stock after the storm Dave?"

"We'd driven them into a big field behind a hill between them and the sea so most came through it okay. A couple broke legs running around in fear during the electrical storm so we had to shoot them this morning."

"That's tough."

"That's ranching. Oh, I was meaning to ask, what's your relationship with Katherine Alan?"

The women fell silent.

"I've know her since a little after her birth. Her dad and I grew up together and went to the same med school. We have been family friends ever since. Is there a problem about that?"

"No, not really. I was just interested, that's all."

"It must be worrying you Dave to have brought it up. If you must know, we are not related. Because of the threat of the storm and knowing she was alone I came over and stayed with her last night. We worked out the safest place to be would be in the cellar, despite that talk about a 70ft rogue wave. And I'd add Katherine went to sleep last night in my arms."

"And I would expect nothing less," Mary said hotly. "God Dave, what's gotten into you?"

"Nothing. I was just interested, that's all. In the same circumstances I would have done the same."

Katherine asked quietly, "Considering my age and body would you have felt that as being a bothisome duty Dave?"

"Oh Alan, you lucky guy' what a duty," Dave laughed, ending the tension.

"Dave will talk. All my neighbours will know," Katherine said, as they climbed the slope to the house, timing to arrive before nightfall. Alan was lugging a spare gas lamp and bottle Dave had handed him. Katherine was carrying two tins of Mary's baking.

"Does it really matter?"

"It may get back to my parents and mom is bound to tell Clara."

"I repeat, does it really matter?"

"It will if I become pregnant."

"Then go away for a couple of months and return pregnant. People would think one and one make... and won't be sure of the answer."

"Well, I keep pretty much to myself and I know dad will stick by me and probably call you a slimy jerk and then sigh and say, "Oh well, if its yours I don't really mind."

"And your mom?"

"Who knows. If it went beyond simply suspicion you might be the father she may try to ripped off your balls or she may cry. Never have I been much good at predicting my mother's reactions to anything. So what about your family?"

"Well actually I believe the realization will grow slowly, no one wanting to believe it until the time comes when other options run out. The big problem is Clara. She's feel humiliated, betrayed and will divorce me."

"Oh god."

"Don't worry. I thought about that last night and didn't expect to die. Your request to make you pregnant was just one of the greatest things anyone had asked me and I decided to try my best and do that before my brain became clouded by lust."

"Oooh, you came to me in lust?"

"Yes indeed. I desired to fill you until sperm came out of your ears and nostrils."

"God Alan, you are making my think you are the sexiest man alive."

"Be careful -- it's only an illusion," Alan laughed.

As they stopped on the hillside for a breather, Alan murmered, "You are the most desirable woman I've ever thought of fucking Katherine. Am I still presented with further opportunities?"

Katherine looked at him in awe and then sighed, "Yes my darling man. Until you drive away from here."

A fallen tree lay over the garage roof but when they checked inside they found nothing amiss. They walked to the edge of the cliff and found below them a couple of big rocks had been dislodged and lay semi-exposed in a fresh built-up of sand. Katherine pointed out severe erosion of the clay cliffs to the south and they saw the spot where probably a big wall of seawater had breached the lower-level cliff and sped inland for form that temporary lake.

Once inside Alan returned to the exterior carrying a reel of sticking plaster and a roll of wide sellotape and covered the big cracks in the two panes facing out to sea, making them waterproof. He re-rentered the house and locked the front door, grinning when he turned and saw the line of Katherine's discarded clothes. He stripped off and heard her call, "I'm on the diningroom table. Mommy feels like having pussy licked darling."

During the next two days they played cards, read, drank wine and chatted. Katherine was most interested to learn about infant care.

Alan said soothingly, "You are wishing for something with me that's unlikely to happen. Women of your age sometimes take months and months to get pregant despite best efforts."

"It's okay. I'm entitled to wish. But if you must know I have this feeling I'm very receptive to your sperm. Let's go up to my bedroom. This time we shall lay side-be-side. With your length I'll have no trouble keeping you in and working towards timing with your pumping climax.

Next day, shortly after 8am, they heard the noise of a machine approaching. It was a roadgrader with a front blade as well, driven by a cheerful corporal from the Army Corps of Engineers. Katherine pulled on a robe and ran out and greeted the guy and after he turned the grader around and stepped out of the machine she kissed him and invited him in for coffee. By then Alan was dressed and was making pancakes for the guy.

"Your father is a good cook," remarked the corporal and he appeared to have difficultly understanding his hostess when she said, "Yes, and in bed as well."

The corporal said to drive with care and to give him twenty minutes to get down to the crossroads. He'd cleared through the toe of a big slip across the road and cleared completely away two small ones and fortunately there were no washouts.

An hour later Katherine was dabbing her eyes, helping Alan to load his car.

"I'll never forget you coming to my aid in more senses that one," she said. "You are the kindest of men."

"Try telling Clara that," he grinned.

Alan kissed Katherine lovingly and got into his car."Well, let's see what the future brings," he said, driving off, Katherine waving, holding back tears and thought she must go straight away and paint stormy scenes. But no, when settling into her studio she sketched Alan's head and shoulders as she remembered him and would labor over the painting, doing it in oils.

That evening Katherine switched on her cell phone to find it was connected again. She found five messages from her mother and called.

"Hi, where are you?"

"Home, I've called you six times in the past hour, willing you to answer."

"Five."

"Excuse me?"

"There were five messages from you."

"Five or six, what does it matter? Alan is staying with us. He said he stayed the night of the storm with you."

God, what a sneak Alan was, Katherine grinned. He hadn't told her mother he'd also stayed and screwed her another two days and nights. Oh, and this morning. He must have reached her parent's home and unpacked not long before they arrived.

"Yes, and wasn't he a darling. God, if it hadn't been for him I would have died."

"What did you two do?" her mother asked, voice pregnant with suspicion.

"Oh, a bit of this and that. First we had to batten down. Then I got the house plans out for him and he worked out the cellar was the best place to shelter."

"I see."

"I took the blow-up mattress down and he slept with me."

Katherine thought how dumb, they should have made sure their stories matched. Now her mother would know Alan was a liar, probably saying he stood on guard all night, going without sleep.

"Slept with you?"

Her mom's voice crackled with tension.

"I was scared, terrified. I went to sleep in his arms."

"Oh my poor darling. That's how Alan described it. Thank god he was there to comfort you."

"Yes, I was a very lucky girl, luckier that you might imagine. After receiving a message you were safe I called Clara and she... well you won't believe what she thought you two might be doing. "

Oh god, Katherine thought, close to panick. She had to turn her mom's mind off that.

"Well we weren't on the beach making sandcastles mom, I'm telling you. Have you any idea what a 70ft wave would have done to my house?"

"No, how high is your house above the beach."

"Fifty feet."

"Oh god, you two could have drowned, caught in the cellar, or crushed had you stayed in the house proper. You both must have been terrified."

"Well Civil Defense rejected the concept of a 70ft wave. That helped but as you know Civil Defense is not always accurate in reading upcoming storm threats."

"How right you are darling. I'm so delighted you are safe. I really must give him something lovely."

Ah, the chance to get her mom's mind right off what Alan may have done to Katherine.

"Offer him sex mom. From what I understand he's on a ration with Clara."

Her mom forgot to pretend to be upset by such an audacious comment. "Are you telling me Clara's sex drive is drooping? Clara used to be the horniest young woman in our gang."

"Were you horny as a young woman mom?"

"Compared with Clara I was the most reluctant near-virgin around. Now where were we?"

"I was suggesting you take Alan to bed."

Eva giggled. "It's a thought darling but people our age are too far over the hill to engage in casual sex."

"What are you like in bed mom?"

"Ah darling, the garden was messed up by the ferocious wind and the garage roof leaked in a couple of places but otherwise our property came through okay and your aunt is coming along nicely. God I should have been talking sex with her rather than with you. Perhaps I shouldn't say this but Ellie was a huge goer when she was young."

"A huge goer? What's that mom?"

Hearing Eva draw in breath to begin an elaborate description, watered-down from the truth, Katherine knew any conversation about Alan and her was now past its use-by date.

CHAPTER 3

Dr Magness faced Katherine, looking slightly uncomfortable. She said, "Bad news I'm afraid dear. You are pregnant."

Katherine struggled to conceal her joy. One of Alan's wriggling little sperms had got through. Oh joy! She waited for her doctor to say more.

"Um, I doubt that this is an imaculate conception dear. May I ask was the suspected father in good health to your knowledge."

"Yes, very good health. An older guy... um... married."

"Oh dear."

"It's fine. I shall pretend it's an imaculate conception and if anyone rejects that I'll tell them it's none of their fucking business."

"Good for you dear. Now I'll set up a schedule for you of tests and pre-natal classes etcetera."

"Carol, please. Just the essentials and only the essentials. I do want a healthy baby so the focus must be on that. I don't smoke and from today I'll stop drinking alcohol and eating various nasties that could upset my baby farther along the line. My immediate neighbour worked for many years as a maternity nurse in the city hospital before being promoted into a bigger job."

"Who are you referring to dear?"

"Mary Hutchinson."

"Oh glory be. She was an absolute stunner as a nurse and retired as assistant director of nursing. Mary will be a perfect midwife for you. Shall I call her?"

"Um may I suggest I get her to talk to you. I'll have to breach my request to Mary very carefully, in the absense of a father, if you know what I mean?"

"Oh yes dear. How wicked of me to rush you into recruiting her. Now here is a list of highly recommended websites for you to read up on pregnancy and birthing. Your own mom will be a big help, er, when you break the news and she comes to terms with it."

* * *

Two days later Katherine sat in a bar at their local service center with Mary Hutchinson, Mary surprised Katherine was only drinking tonic water.

"What, are you getting me almost drunk before asking something?"

Katherine laughed and said, "Who me?" Mary eyed her closely and ordered another wine. She gulped it down and said, "Well mission accomplished. Shoot young woman."