All Comments on 'Loss to Love Ch. 09'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Depressing much?

Although this is my least favorite chapter just because it's so depressing- it goes to show just how good of a writer you are. You have gotten us hooked on this story, attached to the characters, and just over flowing with happiness at the idea of nick and Drew together. And you've done this sis

Well that now that you've done this it's left me really sad and a little upset. Can't wait to see how they fix this! You're awesome thanks for writing, you're such an inspiration!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Break up for nothing??????? waste of time.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Drew is an ASSHOLE whole deserves to be alone. You lost this reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I am 25 years with my man. now look at this shit

This is not the way nice people are. gay or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
trust

I trusted you. I don't read to suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

:( almost made me cry

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
BS

Breaking up with someone for reason that you're afraid you'll lose him is total BS...

I like your story but its getting twilight-ish. Please save this man, it has lot of potential.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why?!

Um, what the fuck?! Tell me this will all be resolved in the next chapter! Drew is thinking way too hard and he'll just ruin his life if he "decides to be straight". Even though his father wants that, maybe he'll actually be the voice of reason. Drew needs to get straightened out, but he doesn't have to be straight for that. But the next chapter better be better. I'm too invested in this story to have it end horribly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ok, ok

11 Chapter.... so no panic.... but still: nnnnngggghhh! my day is like shit.

HeifelHeifelover 9 years ago

Nooooo!! I think our boy Drew is loosing it. His mother's death is finally catching up with him. Ofcourse he's scared. I would be too. But he needs to realise his life isn't going to get better without love. I hope he will come around. Maybe Dean should come by for a visit and set him straight. But then again if Nick chooses to give up on Drew, when he knows it is because Drew's scared, then they are not as "stabile" as I would have thaught...

Looking forward till next chap ;-)

avidreadravidreadrover 9 years ago

I read this excuse for breaking up with someone all the time but never in real life. It's a lousy bogus excuse and needs to be outlawed from all fiction. There are more realistic excuses that could be used,

musicfreakmusicfreakover 9 years agoAuthor
Holy shit

Wow imagine my surprise when I log in while on vacation and see the explosion in my comments. This is my first story with a rating below 4.0 so I guess you guys really hate this. Oh well.

Well I feel the need to defend myself a little here. I know that the idea of breaking up over this is might feel stupid to some of you. Sure it may be so, but you also have to remember that Drew has been through a lot of shit after the loss of his mom. That fear of losing people you love is not something I take lightly myself. This is also drew's first relationship which in itself is already scary. So I think his fears are warranted, stupid yes but warranted. He is young after all and that's what people do when they're young, make mistakes.

Also for those of you who make it seem like this is the end, no it's not. There is still a couple of chapters left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I love this--

also--there's not much sweeter than seeing 2 guys kiss--

ok, if that ruined my admiration of your writing, I'm sorry--

was not my intent

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Teenagers

I think those who are critical might need to remember what it was like when they were teenagers/in high school. Drew's lack of emotional maturity makes sense to me, especially when you take into account his mom's death and his father. Did I like it? No. Do I hope they'll get back together? Yes. (Please!)

As far as constructive criticism, I guess I would have liked to see some of his internal dialogue regarding his feelings about hurting the person he had just realized he loved. My first thought reading was, "What if something happens to Nick and he dies thinking Drew doesn't love him? Wouldn't that be worse?" but maybe that wouldn't occur to Drew, or hasn't occurred to him yet.

EroticChocolateEroticChocolateover 9 years ago

Awwwww now why would he go and do some shit like that when things were going good for him he gets his first boyfriend and everything. I think Nick won't give up on him no matter how much he push him away.

dramatardramatarover 9 years ago

Well I'm really surprised by some comments. I was surprised more when Nick and Drew got together so fast and I was just thinking that this can't be it so break up (which was pain to read) was genius. I think also there was no other way they would ever had breaked up when I think back to the story. Looking forward to next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So sad!

I love this story, however, this chapter was a little depressing. For everyone posting nasty comments - remember this is a story, not real life. Looking forward to the next chapter!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
exact

It's a story. So there is no need to give us shit like life does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Now I'm sad.

So very sad.

jackfrost626jackfrost626over 9 years ago
not cool

So not cool making a grown man cry like a little school girl !!!!

More drama , more surprises , more everything we need more !!!!!

I can't wait till the next one !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please......

You can bring Drew and Nick back together, and have Drew explain carefully and fully what's going on with him. From the character you've constructed of Nick, I think he would be very supportive and understanding. I agree with an earlier comment that these two guys have potential, and their love seems genuine. They can weather this storm and get back together, stronger than ever. Nick needs to realize that Drew has to talk it out, and Drew needs to realize Nick truly loves him deeply. Let them spend time together talking, really talking and feeling on a deep level. They can make it work! Please bring them back together in the subsequent chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
heartbroken

Can't wait to the next chapter. Please let Drew have a change of heart

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Casey 1988

If Nick and Drew end up committing suicide, then it will be like the cliche stories where there same sex love was not excepted by one of the families and the one whose family it is either commits suicide or they break up with significant other, then the significant other commits suicide. If that is the way this story will go then I will be disappointed not because it is a non happy ending but because you took the easy way out of writing a story and basically used the non happy endings that were the only possibility in same sex stories prior to the late 1980's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

You have done a great job with the display of emotions. Each thought and feel was explained in such a way, i felt them as my own. Beautiful writting. Please keep writting more and more.

PeachyWifePeachyWifeover 9 years ago
Had me until now

I was really liking the natural way the story was playing out (besides all the gay dudes popping up everywhere where before Drew knew of zero), until this chapter. Drew being such a 'guy' all along and then turning into a cliched 'love is too hard waaaa guy'.

I do like the story though and will follow it until the end. I just hope it will not turn out to be just another write by number story. Originality is the key.

DomXianDomXianover 9 years ago
One of my favorite chapters

From what I've read from your series The New Kid, I find this series following the same pattern, although I both like it's sweetness, this chapter has got to be the most heartbreaking and real. And I like it because of that. My boyfriend is one of those guys that's openly gay but been through a lot and he's so much like Drew in the aspect of pushing away the ones he love in fear of losing them when things get serious. And I could really relate to this because me and Nick have so much in common as well - being a sports guy, hopelessly sappy in a way but likes to tease the hell out of my crush. Though I came out the same way as Corey from the other story. Anyway, good work, man! Finished everything you posted and I hope to see more from you!

Petef52Petef52about 9 years ago
Capturing teenage fears, worries and.......

You really are inside our hero's mind...reminds me how bad (and good) it was over 4 decades ago.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

This chapter isn't working - the breakup is far too contrived - even from a teenage perspective, it makes no sense.

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
Bravo!

MusicFreak, I must confess that when reading this chapter I was so moved that I could not possibly have foreseen the backlash you received! Shit people, hostile much???

I'm with you mfreak on my Drew would react the way he did. Frankly, when my one true love died after battling numerous deadly illnesses over far too many years of suffering... Well, let's just say I get the whole drawing back thing. I had absolutely no one else nor do I still and as awful as some might find the idea and difficult to understand, pulling back is a very real psychological action many exercise to survive events that are so devastating that there are no words, thoughts, etc. which can bring comfort.

Is this a sad chapter? Yes but guess what all you nah-sayers, life is harsh sometimes. Do you really want to read only stories that keep your heads in the clouds of lah-lah land? Damn, anyone trying to hang on to some semblance of sanity in this life needs a good cry sometimes. Enough of the Beaver Cleaver Fantasy Family myths... life is NOT like that!

In case it's not already obvious, I am not only annoyed but disgusted by some of the harsh comments on this lovely little story. The big thing I don't understand is why, given the world in which we live and traumas and challenges we all must face throughout our lives, that anyone would find it necessary to pass such harsh judgments and lever unnecessary hateful criticisms. Absolutely NONE of that is productive!

So MusicFreak, you just keep up the good work. - I hope you're still writing and if it's on a different site, I'd appreciate a private message advising such.

Meanwhile, I wish you well and will thank you in advance for understanding my intolerance of bullies.

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago

No Drew , no!

If your father doesn't love you for who you are, then he's not good enough to be your dad... Yes Nick will die, we all do, but we only get one shot at this buddy, get back into the game, enjoy what you have today, tomorrow and the day after will take care of itself:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hated this not because it was sad, not because Drew is young and full of fear and makes mistakes, but because of these indisputable facts:

1. He is not alone - everyone he’s loved haven’t left. Dean is still his friend, still giving him sage advice and support. And Nick was right by his side.

2. He chose a 100% probability that he loses Nick by his actions instead of courageously facing the SLIM possibility that Nick may die so young. That’s an illogically stupid choice.

3. Drew faced the actual death of his loving mom much more bravely and courageously than he’s facing the fictional “possible death” of Nick

4. He broke up in the cruelest possible way, playing on what he knew were Nick’s vulnerabilities (his guilt), lying directly to his face, using his words as torturous weapons to tear Nick’s heart out to get the outcome Drew “wanted.” And he was completely aware of what he was doing all the way along and still saw it through. One who intentionally hurts someone they love so deeply deserves a special type of hell.

5. Even if Drew tries to reconcile, he can’t take back his words, his purposeful cruelty. What’s done is done. Drew bullied Nick with that break-up in a brutal way that Nick NEVER did to Drew. He tainted their love in a way that can’t be undone, even though Nick will likely forgive him it can never be the same.

This decision shows Nick is a much better man and caring partner than Drew is capable of being. Really ruined the lead character of this story.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Anonymous below is an anonymous fool. Love this. I'm dnsontn: First name Dan, from the South, live in Nashville TN. Anonymous comments rile me and nothing Anonymous, below, beneath, lines up with my reading of this novel

justanotherspectatorjustanotherspectatorover 2 years ago

I guess every important events feels like the end of the world for a teenager ay? I love your stories and understand how you came up with this but still, Drew is a bit out of character for me in this chapter.

CasualnagaCasualnagaover 2 years ago

Terror is a supremely powerful emotion. The fear of what will happen is subtly corrosive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Even some grown-ups choose to rather not love than risk loosing. Or try not to loving while they actually do.

Heartbraking, anyway.

CocoPop1CocoPop1almost 2 years ago

I feel bad for Drew as his behaviour and extreme thought process reflects signs of poor mental health. I don’t think he handled the death of his mother properly and that really showed in this chapter especially with his overwhelming desire to mend his relationship with his father. I’m not saying he didn’t wanted to before but those feeling may have been intensified by the obvious lack of a parental figure in his life. I mean his mother’s presence in the house has been highlighted by the author (I think more emphasis would have been nice tho). I have a friend with OCD and she sometimes goes through periods like this where she’ll be stuck in her thoughts so much that reaches a conclusion that makes no logical sense to a third party but because she’s spent so much time fixated on the issue, it’s harder convince her that her thought process is flawed. She’s has a good support system and often realises this a few days later when she can view things from a new perspective instead of making decisions while her emotions are high. We’ve had fights where she’s gone too far pushing people away because she’s overthought certain situations. I just hope Nick can forgive Drew. I mean I know it stings to hear some of things that were said but I want to see them end up together. And Drew needs to go to therapy and see a psychologist, maybe a psychiatrist too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous