All Comments on 'Lost in the Snow'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 231 Comments
Mayhem55Mayhem5520 days ago

OMG, LMAO....The last extra ending - too funny. Every loving wives cliche on display, LOL. LOVE IT!

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 month ago

It is funny but I get where she is coming from; at least initially. He gets to say he was wrong but she was super wrong. Oh well. They are both messed up, but life finds a way. They want to be together, but the ex is always in the way. And she is always there. If one can accept the premise that the memory of someone can be as powerful and real as an actual corporeal someone, Rachel’s attitude can make some (and I mean “some”)sense. How would it feel, as a thought experiment, to take the other woman with you and your spouse to be to the same hotel, confusing your spouse to be with the name of the other woman? Or having the other woman in bed with you as you make love to your spouse to be? Damn uncomfortable…

.

It doesn’t condone what Rachel did, but the guy was too clueless, hiding behind the shield of , “Well, I can’t just forget her!” It would have been an interesting story to have him finally understand the damage he had done to her, on his own, and apologize to her. .. And still walk away!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What Rachael did to him in the beginning was utterly psychotic and evil. Not just cheating and betrayal but public humiliation and degradation. But it was like she became a different person entirely. She went from an unforgivable, evil, horrid, villainous bitch to a gentle, loving, domestic, soulmate. I think maybe she earned the reconciliation through years of penance and suffering. She remained celibate and was forced to watch the man she loved have another child with, and marry, another woman. Still, her life only consisted of watching him. She then shows up at his lowest, a time when he is unable to cope with his wife's death and being a single father, and becomes his rock without begging him to take her back. Kind of selfless. It was cute when she realized he'd fallen back in love with her.

dinotail2023dinotail2023about 2 months ago

Alternate ending was a total waste of time..........almost ruined the whole story......still 5 stars, but the alternate just left a bad taste.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Stev seems to be operating within the ‘Cagivagurl’ universe whereby the cheating female can do no wrong and making the male an inconsiderate asshole.

lujon2019lujon20193 months ago

the cuck took the whore back, where was the revenge?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stopped reading early on. No-one in a new, let alone long enough relationship to get married, will still be calling his new fiance by his ex-wifes name. That was just to pathetic for me to swallow.

1*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

ROTFLMAO….The alternate ending was so stupid I couldn’t help but laugh…like an old Get Smart episode. Cheers!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice4 months ago

A reconciliation story, in my opinion, has to show the offending party demonstrating a lot of remorse, by actions, and not just words. I have to admit in the first couple pages I was ready to quit the story as I thought this was going to be a quick reunion with Rachel, and then he catches her cheating again. Didn't turn out that way and I am glad. I felt this story did record enough events to make reconciliation believable. Certainly, not everyone would reconcile after the initial events. However, when children are thrown into the equation, that becomes an important variable. The way this story was written, Rachel comes back into the picture mainly for the sake of the child (at least that appeared to be what Alex was looking for). People living together with shared goals, and that have a romantic history together, well that made their reconciliation believable. I rarely like reconciliation stories, not b/c I am against reconciliation, but b/c they seem hard to believe in most stories. This story pulled it off.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Alternative ending was completely unneeded. Yes, she treated her him like crap, but her remaining celibate while he went on to marry another woman and have a child with her, in my mind, made up for her idiocy. It felt like an earned raac.

xhunter4uxhunter4u5 months ago

The protagonist is a complete putz and allowing Rachel back into his life proves it. He's beyond annoying. Why would he tell anyone where he was going when he left the apartment he shared with her? And Rachel is completely whacked. I couldn't get past page 2.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Crazy. Fun to read but wow just crazy. Rachel had no business marrying the MC in the beginning. He was a twit who couldn't get over his first wife Julie. Fair some guys can't. But his recreations and constantly calling Rachel as Julie was just clueless. Since it bothered Rachel so much, she just needed to escape. But instead she decided to teach him a lesson and hurt him out of jealousy.

Her deliberate cheating and public humiliation and her "It is decided" statement despite not sleeping with the asshole again after the first night, was just so over the top psychotic in terms of retribution that she burned out the MC's love for her. And why not? She showed her true colors. Again she had no business marrying the MC because she was capable of inflicting such pain in a jealous rage. She is the type who if she believes she had evidence of her husband cheating, she would organize a gangbang and show it to him out of revenge. They would have been divorced soon after the wedding even if she didn't nuke her marriage that weekend when snowbound.

Ironically her path through hell and purgatory before reconciliation was also quite profound. She certainly changed and suffered a lot. In that sense it was not a RAAC. She paid a ton of cost.

But so what. No self respecting man would ever let her just hang around him in SF. He coukd have easily cut her off at the knees with "I refuse to spend any time with. I am glad I didn't marry you. You showed your true colors and you can never compete with my Julie. She never would have done what you did so cruelly. Persist in stalking me and I will either disappear or get a restraining order served on you." And just slam the door shut. The nearly 6-8 months or so of him letting her hang around is just unbelievable.

As an aside she clearly premeditated things once he kept mentioning Julie. For example therr is no way she and Danny so precisely ignore the MC in that restaurant without her bringing him in on her plan. Despite that she then went to the next step to his room and made out with him. It was them seeing the MC and pointing at him that ratcheted up the betrayal as she then decided to f$ck Danny in front of him, knowing the MC would follow him. Then she played her cruel card with the "It is decided" statement, and got burned herself when he fled before the main storm hit.

She was psychotic, ruthless, and execrable. On the contrary before that fsteful weekend, he was just a milksop and a depressed jerk. While her transformation was quite well done, it is not believable that the MC ever lets her get close to him again. Period.

So no realistic path from the beginning to the end (not thr hilarious alternative ending to catch skimmers). But hey it is fiction.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Lol the superfluous over the top alternate ending was done on purpose as a joke / trick on skimmers. Was hilarious because parts if it parodied other authors on this site with there various trademark quips or symbols.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Could have done without the super over the top alternate ending. It wasn't even an alternate ending, seeing as it had zero ties to the actual story. Yes, I read the entire story, which is why I know more than a skimmer that it has nothing to do with the original other than the names of the MC's. It would have been better if you had tied Rachel into Anna's death, making her appear as a psycho stage 5 clinger.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Only a simp would ever marry the cheating Rachel! As for Anne, anyone=e with a brain wound call the police if they should an unconscious person on their doorstep. They would never bring them into their house. That how use get sued for abuse!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Oh the commenters who know exactly how the characters should have thought, felt, and acted, and how the whole story should have been written very differently! Please, please, please stop lamenting and start to write your own stories.

Thanks, stev2244, for giving me a nice couple of hours well entertained!

Hugo999Hugo9996 months ago

I enjoy your reconciliation stories .... I assume the alternative ending was a tribute to all the BTB stories with a wronged ex navy seal husband. Seems to be a lot of ex military in the literotica stories. Thx again

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD49 months ago

DId it never occur to Alex that Rachel had a very strong motive to killing Annie? Seriously, a overdose so large it seems like suicide! When would Annie have the time having to take care of Mel for this double life? Remember Rachel was willing to wait the rest of her life to get Alex back. Also, 2 years after Mel's birth would have been long enough time to set up the murder. Hell she could have got Annie back on drugs.

Just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Crazy but entertaining story. Rachel was too immature and consumed by jealousy unable to compete with the ghost of Julie. She had no business marrying Alex. And for his part Alex was an insensitive prick before the horrible weekend. He was so lost in the memory of his dead wife that he had no business being in a serious relationship. She should have refused the proposal. She took her time as it was. She coukd have canceled their wedding. Told him she was breaking up with him. They were engaged not married. Clearly she wasn't cut out for a guy who was a walking wound of grief over his dead wife. He never went to therapy. Krpt calling her Julie at inopportune or even devastating times. He coukd have spun thr re-enactments as ways to overwrite the memories to make new ones. But he was an idiot. All of that being said, he did not deserve her outsized and execrable over-reaction. If memory serves she only screwed the guy the one night when she knew Alex would be watching. But of course by then she had burned all bridges. Then her delivery about staying with Danny to teach him a lesson. Her stuff moved out and that it was decided. Why he didn't confront her then, shows him to be a milksop. Of course He only stayed for another day, trapped by the storm. The torture he went through those two days woukd caused PTSD. He didged a bullet. He knew Julie woukd have never done that to him. He should have tossed that grenade into their dialog. So fine they split. Yes she feels guilty and realizes she majorly screwed up and gets the once over from her parents. But then things get really crazy. Just because he has no love or feelings for Rachel anymore, why let her hang out with you. While lead her on with false hope. Just cut her off at the knees. Get nasty if need to. big eith her in SF made no sense. She killed his love for her. Her obsession was obviously driven by guilt and then love. But so what? How coukd he ever trust her again. Sure after Annie death she proves herself and is utterly devoted to him and Rachel. But how does it even get to that point? No clue why Annie starts hooking again. Can see the suicide with H. That is bad stuff. Heroin is just plain evil. So while the ending was one part and the beginning the crucible for their dead relationship. How was it possible for then to connect in the middle? That strains incredulity and, even with the nasty prenuptial contract, why wohkd he even want to hang with her. Giving her hope. Then Annie arrives. She loses him to Annie. Who turns out to be someone he really never understood and she offs her self. When he is desperate, Rachel moves back in and helps tremendously. She is now devoted to him. Doesn't care about Julie, who he never mentions nowadays and is much more mature. But so what? Ignoring the deus ex machina of Annie's drug overdose, why would he have anything to do with her in the middle, short of her stalking him back and forth to work? That made no sense. Like the author but this MC went from agrreived party to a wuss who got tossed around in the storm of life. Meh. Rachel turns a huge corner but 999 out of 1000 relationships with similar overtones, they never remotely reconnect.

NitpicNitpic12 months ago
Not

Rachel should not have agreed to marry him in the first place as the arrogant twat was obviously still in love with his wife Also Rachel's hotel actions are perfectly understandable.How come his wife suddenly disappears after his move to San Francisco.?

gomer63gomer63about 1 year ago

Too many coincidences... What I would have preferred seeing is that Rachel actually killed Annie, or enabled it in some way, which seems more than likely considering she has been stalking the MC. Then she shows up to "help" him in his hour of despair. I could see her weasel her way back into his good graces. She mentioned the gym and said she's get to that later... I think that she made contacts there to get the drugs to do in Annie, and/or had a main squeeze who she wooed to get the deed done. I can also see her either being blackmailed by her gym squeeze to put out or else, but in the end, after having some big reveal, after a small wedding and everything, he had taken the document from "Carl" and signed it and submitted it, then after it all, he dumps her, finds true love with the lady detective who broke it and Rachel goes to jail. She gets nothing from the divorce due to the prenup and everyone else lives happily ever after.... Just what I would have rather seen. I still think Rachel offed Annie.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 year ago

Have you ever written a story without a wimp MC?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So - was Julies death really an accident?

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

Liked the first story better 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"I feel like I'm half drifting, half pushed around, but always stumbling through my life without having my own will."

That says everything that needs to be said. I won't comment on the alternative ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Alternate ending is hilarious. However this is probably the most nonsensical of the author's RAACs (though Losing Kathy is close and also the porn movie starlet one). It isn't just that she fucked the guy Danny, but it was how she premeditated it all. Was kind of like a February Sucks vibe without the cosmic sex, but the scene in the hotel room the next morning would obliterate all reconciliation. That is like Linda telling Jim in February Sucks that she is spending three more days with Marc the Asshole. I also found the dialog in this story very one directional. When in person, and in a heated argument or upset, not everyone listens fully until the other completes and gives enough time for example to Rachel to say her parting shot "It has been decided..." and leave the room without the MC saying more than "No." Wtf? Very nonsense confrontational MC. Glad he ran away and burned the wedding. But afterwards everything is neutral. He let's her hang around and doesn't move on with his life. There is no significant discussion of what she did except she took things too far and they "got of hand". She publicly humiliated him, made out with Danny on front of him in his room and the dining hall, fucked him all night (supposedly once, whatever), and then delivered her shock ultimatum. Supposedly to teach him a "lesson". While her motive is twisted and peculiar given her animosity of hearing about his ex wife so often, and maybe less distasteful of Kathy in the author's Losing Kathy, her delivery was stunning. The in your face disrespect, the PDAs, making out with Danny while seeing her fiance watch, fucking Danny (which while they did not expect to get seen or any photos, btw that never got used, she knew he would know she spent the night, and with her ultimatum wanted him to think it would for three more days. She went insane. The author didn't mine any of the emotional ore deposits that he laid in her betrayal. Did he tell Rachel, he saw them sucking and fucking and can't fet the images out of his head? Did he tell her that he used to love her as much as Julia, but she clearly never loved him as much as Julia did because Julia would never do that to him? That he would rather hold onto his memory of Julia than waste a moment thinking about their doomed relationship? The lust goes on an on. But the author disregarded all of those things, to set up Rachel as the trust devoted, repentant sinner, but then added Annie, the pregnancy, the withdrawal from heroin, their brief "illusionary" marriage and Annie's death. Now the stage is set for Rachel to step up. And she does. And yes she is devoted, and loving, and trustworthy again as she made all sorts of sacrifices for the MC and his daughter, after waiting alone in the shadows, observing for TWO YEARS (not to mention the more than a year, working on him pre-Annie and then during the latter part of the pregnancy). The point is that with an MC with any backbone or emotions, they would NEVER get to that point because things would have been said or dealt with that would make Rachel give up or be driven away. None of those emotional "crops" were harvested. Zero. Just all papered over by crazy events (sex with a hooker and junkie without a condom?, Annie going back to hooking and H without hubby's knowledge for two years, then suicide...). Of all the RAACs of this author, this comes off maybe the worst (Kathy is maybe worse in Losing Kathy because her motive is more shallow but somehow her delivery is less treacherous, though close call between them), and hence the crazy chain of life events that toss the MC around. I would have a heck of an easier time forgiving Ashley in My Wife Became a Groupie or the nutjob in the porn movie (tough to be sure) or even the fiancee in the 64th man (crazy I know). But Rachel is so execrable early on and in your face with her betrayal, that her horse should never have gotten out of the starting gate. What a twisted story and unwarranted RAAC. Still four stars for the creativity and of course the hilarious alternate ending fake out.

JustSomeWordsJustSomeWordsabout 1 year ago

I was going to give you a 4.5 but the alternate ending pushed it up to a 5!

sneakoneoutsneakoneoutover 1 year ago

The intro stated ‘ Warning: this is a story about imperfect people’. That is exactly how it was. Overall a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very little reality. Anyone can make up nonsense.

LokikatLokikatover 1 year ago

You grt a “5 star” just for the alternative ending! Lol.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

I gave the original story a 5, but it really needs a supplementary bonus of another 5 for that hilarious alternate ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I just love your style, all of it. Dark, humouros, and over the top--sometimes a little bit, sometimes totally, always entertaining. Who cares for reality checking, anyway? Thank you for making me smile so much with your stories. I hope you can find it in you to take up writing and publishing at Lit again.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I had read this before and it was entertaining and I had completely forgotten the ending. As I was reading I was waiting for a twist in the plot. I imagined that Rachel had given Annie the overdose that killed her to get her out of the way. What do you think? good story. Not into the RAAC thing though, especially after what she did. I would have walked away and never looked back. I did exactly that when my ex (wife at the time) said she just wanted to go out there and look around, but if it didn't work out, could she come back? I mean, what goes on in the head of some women?

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Obviously Rachel killed Annie. 4/5

Nato_

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

I read the whole story, not just the ending :-)

It was too much for me. 2 days to punish the husband? Waiting for 2 years in the gym? Husband doesn't know his wife leaving the baby alone? Husband doesn't know how to handle the baby after two years? The baby wasn't harmed by addicted mother untill the half of the pregnancy?

As I said just too much.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

The alternate ending is a bit crazy. The first ending is alright, but... well, I hoped he wouldn't take Rachel back. I mean, wtf, she cucked him hard, humiliated him in public, etc. She's crazy.

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

I enjoyed both of the endings.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Anonymous said: "At least he forgot about Julie."

Best comment ever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At least he forgot about Julie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ALEX IS A PUSSYWHIPPED WEAK WIMPY CUCK, LIKE THE WRITER!!

CUCK UPLOADED THE PHOTOS YET DIDN'T SEND IT OUT TO THE GUEST LIST!!

PATHETIC

CUCK WRITER CUCK STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuck a doodle dooo

One star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To the previous- Of course Rachel overdosed Annie.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

The author seems to have written a story about an idiot without a spine, a woman without a soul, and a drugged out prostitute? What's not to like? Sorry. The lead character makes one horrific mistake after another. It was painful to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Raise your hand if you think it was psycho Rachel who managed to reintroduce Annie to heroin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’ve read all of your stuff, even this one at least once previously, and I still couldn’t remember if Rachel had given Anna the hot load or not. Many of your tales are deliciously dark and I very much appreciate your writing.

~Enkidu

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

A real cuckold comedy. Rarely laughed more! Everything down to the drug scene was there to find a way to hook up an idiot with a slut. The questions remain the same. Why would a normal woman want to be with an idiot who can't let go of the past and why would a man want to be with a slut who publicly humiliated him? The answer remains simple: because the author loves cuckolding!!! 1*!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just a cuck fantasy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I absolutely love the alternate ending. I laughed, I almost cried. Seriously hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really, really liked it. Enough to love it. So I gave it my high 5. I don't think the "alternate ending" was really necessary, and for me at least, it kind of spoiled what was a very good, sweet, mood. A number of the comments suggested the possibility that Rachel may have engineered Annie's overdose, and I did wonder about that myself as I read it. But I choose to suspend disbelief here, and just accept that whatever caused whatever happened to have happened, that it was all for the best. When stev2244 nails it, he fucking nails it! And if he didn't point it out, I'd never know or think that his native tongue was a foreign one. Randi gave this story her 5 of approval. So I consider my 5 to be in good company.

QM

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Interesting story, some say the hooker kind of messed up the story and most didn't like the reconciliation.

I was leaning toward an ending where Rachel was responsible for the drug overdose to get him back, but still a good story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

i'm telling you guys, steve2244 has a whore fetish. every one of his stories, she's a whore that turns in to unbelievable RAAC/WACC

MaverickXMaverickXover 2 years ago

4 stars from me. I liked it, it was a bit outlandish. I understand him still loving his dead wife but there's just no possible way he could have built a strong enough relationship with Rachel to Marry her while being so in love with Julie that he constantly called Rachel yhe wrong name the entire time. It just doesn't make sense, but as we're in the land of Literotica I can let it slide to enjoy the story. I guess what Rachel did makes sense but realistically the relationship should never have and could never have gotten that far anyway. The whole part with the random hooker out of left field felt like a weird episode of twilight zone or something, I feel like that should have been cut from the story, you could have made a normal woman for him to fall in love with and write her out just the same. Just off the top of my head all 3 main characters become good friends and the new wife ends up with cancer and brings the 2 of them back together for after her death, that's just off the top of my head and is sounding Box Office lmao. The Prostitute just feels so out of place. I feel like He was WAY too okay with the amount of random/weird stuff happening at that time. I do like Reconciliation stories and the ending was good enough to overshadow the rest.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Ignorant x 10,000..

I knew it would end in RAAC bullshit once he let the slut in the door...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The price of reconciliation must be her betrayal and destruction of her lover. He would simply tell her, "You must hurt your lover more severely and more permanently than the two of you hurt me. When you can provide me a news article that details his tragic, life-altering accident, his imprisonment and bankruptcy or his experiencing some other catastrophic misfortune, I will consider taking you back. How you cause such an event to occur is not my concern. Until you have accomplished this, I want nothing to do with you."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Disagree

Disagree,with most comments.He is a first class arsehole,okay he should still remember his dead wife,but not constantly mention her.Choosing the hotel and the same table was just crass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ridiculous, he shouldn't have reconciled with Rachel, doesn't matter how "sorry" she was... What she did was unforgiveable humiliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

meh re the story, fun reading the comments

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

blackrandl1958 perfectly described this story as "absurd." Be warned and don't waste your time reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

crap author. -10 stars. nuff said.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
After several read through, I can’t help but feel...

...Rachel had something to do with Anna’s OD.

Anna was doing pretty well for several years, gaining strength of character from Alex’s ministrations, and maternal feelings with Mel. Then, seemingly out of the blue, she goes to the bad part of town and buys and takes a massive OD amount of heroin. And Rachel is right there to pick up the parts... how convenient.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This story is so stupid, the author should remove it from the list! First, no one with a brain would have associated with Rachel after he watched her screw Carl. The front door wouldn’t even have been opened to tell Rachel to leave, she would just be ignored. If anyone found a dirty street person who had broken into their house on the floor, they would have called the police! Alex placing Anna in the spare bed is STUPID! Trying to stop a drug addict from using drugs is always a lost cause. Marrying Rachel was stupid! The entire story is stupid!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic wimpy cuckold boy .

One star

SaltporkdocSaltporkdocabout 3 years ago

What a dumb ass!

The extra ending is even dumber!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

I gotta say I loved it. Every absurd twist, every subtle humor, I even laughed out loud once. The "alternative ending" was delicious and there was romance, pathos and the English actually didn't suck. Great job, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a bunch of cucky garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

4* only for the alternate ending. The main story is shit. Should have included the photos of her cheating when sending out the cancellation notices. Don’t move to SF CA, not allowed to protect yourself there. If she still looks for you even after sending the photos to everyone, then get a restraining order. When she violates that, shoot her.

LotusblumeLotusblumeabout 3 years ago

You forgot to mention besides being a Navy Seal with professional karate skills that he also suddenly was a multi-billionair with a 18 inch cock.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Hoeology with a minor in dope fiendology cannot make a homemaker. In other words dont try and turn a hoe into a housewife, she belongs to the streets!!!

Why does the author have such a love affairs with hoes and hoeing?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Bone dry stupid!

Alex was a tool. Rachel was a dipshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Unh Unh

The guy was seriously stupid and totally insensitive and Rachel started out seriously stupid and vicious too. Good plot but a poor story. No comparison to the"Hermit". Full marks for Rachel's tenacity but was what she craved and finally got, worth it?!! Alex came across as an incompetent ass, always confused, shocked, unsure and stumbling through his emotional life.3*s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow!

With either ending, this has to be the stupidest story I've ever read here.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

As I read through your stories, this is one of the better ones so far. I cold say this or that about what a character would/should do, but all your character's actions were consistent with who you presented to us readers, so I applaud it. I did not "Julie" never came up again after the bad weekend, so our hero learned something there as well. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Rachel killed Anna. Think about it-Two years clean, in love and happily raising her baby and suddenly she intentionally does a massive OD? Rachel admitted that she was watching them the whole time, she definitely knew Anna's schedule... That's messed up, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Poor guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ALT ending was hilarious and...

must have incorporated 90% of the LW BTB cliches.

But, more seriously, it is hard to imagine a credible reconciliation after what Rachel did, but this one works, which surprises me. There's a level of repentance written into the character "Rachel" that's extraordinary. The "Anna" subplot was enormously creative. This was very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not My Kind of Story

I read the first two pages and just skimmed the rest. Neither of the two main characters in this are worth framing a story around. And Alex is the more damaged of the two. Alex had no business being engaged to anyone, much less married again. He’s obviously still in love with a dead first wife and until he gets past that he’s no good for any woman. And Rachel’s an idiot, screwing some chump just to get back at Alex for being pathetic. Like I said, two freakin losers who definitely need to lose each other. And the ‘alternative’ ending was so ridiculous it was like the story jumped the track into an ‘alternative’ universe. I wouldn’t even think about rating this story.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Just Stupid

Lost interest on first page💩

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WORST!

This has to be the most stupid story on the internet!

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Rachel should be institutionalised.

There's stupid, and then there's batshit crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rachel the murderer.

I anticipated Rachel killed Annie. Seemed so likely based on the cop's remark. I guess you were going there, but decided to redeem Rachel.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
either ending would work

there both unfucking believable

bigguy323bigguy323almost 4 years ago

Ending two was slightly better.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 4 years ago
Love the humor

Mr. Stev, I enjoyed your story. The phrase "I decided to tackle this problem with a proven tactic called procrastination" got a good chuckle. The alternate bogus ending is a hoot. Thanks for the hard work, creativity and humor.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago

Back for a reread.

That blatant leap at the end just leaves to big of a gap. Like Grand Canyon sized.

See the cops statement for reference.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

I just reread and enjoyed this story, but it left me a little confused. Were the lack of ninjas because you didn't include them or because I didn't notice them due to their skill sets?

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 4 years ago
Well

Got to the end of page 2 and skipped to the end.

This gets the fag cuck shit score.

She cheated on him BEFORE the fekin wedding.......to teach him a lesson.

It would take a lobotomy for any man to take her back.

Hence the score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sudden

His constant references to Julie cause Rachel to over react ,but not without some justification,so he dumps her.Moves to Frisco and Julie is never ever mentioned again,why?.He castigates Rachel for her one night stand,then marries a prostitute what an hypocrite and he doesn't know she is still pulling tricks what a loser.He should be grateful Rachel still loved him and stepped in to sort things out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
CRAP!!

Do you enjoy writing stories about stupid males who think with their little heads rather than their big ones? He takes in a total stranger, goes to sleep with her in the next room, wakes in the middle of the night to her sucking and fucking him and doesn't stop her? Have you never heard of murder, robbery, blackmail or STDs? Why do so many of you authors depict your Male characters as becoming totally brain dead when offered sex?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I like this best of your stories. Has a RAAC, but it is earned, because the characters change in a way that it is good for them both before they get back together. If he had forgiven her immediately, he would not have established himself as someone deserving respect, and she wouldn't have matured enough for marriage.

peter944peter944over 4 years ago
Very well done

I've read most of these stories as well as much of the genre here on LW. I very few times has an author managed to create a story of such betrayal and end it with a reconciliation afterwards that truely seems to come together. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Here's the question....

The author is really asking if there can be any redemption after a hideous betrayal (the betrayal in this story brings to mind The Bridge and other stories). My answer is generally "Hell no." And I think the author wrote a thoroughly despicable Rachel. But...what about true repentance....not the shallow stuff that you see in what turn out to be RAAC stories, but true, demonstrated, no-kidding repentance? Rachel was initially an stupid, immature girl. The author writes her as maturing after she has the temper tantrum that destroys her life. I can see that happening in some cases. More important, the author makes it a process that stretches out over years and that involves serious sacrifices and the demonstration of selflessness. I think Stev2244 succeeded in doing something very difficult. I'm sure there are quibbles to raise about the writing, but I think the author accomplished what he set out to do....showing that there can be redemption and genuine reconciliation through deep repentance.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Sad

This was like getting a cut on your foot and then having that cut get infected then losing the foot. Lol. A slow, torturous read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A couple of thoughts

When she said "Alex, just give me a chance to prove myself to you..."

The correct response would have been: "You already have. You have proven yourself to be a slut."

At least that is my opinion.

And what is this obsession with letting your emotions be the only factor in deciding who to spend your life with? Shouldn't facts, experience, and logic play SOME role, when making life changing decisions?

If you were having an operation, would you be OK with the surgeon just going by their gut feeling, or might you prefer if they used facts, experience, and logic to try to keep you healthy?

Bad relationships commonly hurt people, some worse than others, so why is it so popular to select them with so little care?

I thought the main character seemed very immature, and so did Rachel. Their whole relationship, including the infidelity, was dominated by lack of impulse control and proper communication. A lot like a relationship between a couple of teenagers. That no one even thought so seek help in dealing with heavy drug addiction is just further proof of their immaturity, and was a certain death sentence for Anna. She might have died anyway, but lack of proper care made it certain.

I thought it was a fairly well written story, although some of the plot elements seem old and tired from being recycled by the same author, and some of the character traits and motivations made the story less than believable.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Hehe

All the second ending needed was her to catch the clap. Trying to help....lol. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Funny alternative ending, nice touch.

Straight out of the saddletramp playbook.

I have to admit, though... in the original story, I was waiting to find out that Rachel had given Annie the overdose to clear her own path. She was obviously that batshit crazy.

4 stars for the original script, plus one for the end.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 5 years ago
Knocking

I love some of the narrative tricks you use, like the interspersed “knock” sequence. Of course the guy is a clueless dolt, and the fanatical pursuit by his ex-fiancé is perhaps a bridge too far. Still, if you look past some of the weirdly improbable plot elements, it’s a fun read. I favor non-BTB stories, so kudos for putting up with all the dumped butt-hurt guys who troll this site and flame reconciliation stories.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessalmost 5 years ago
The fake second ending

Apart from the husband being a Navy Seal, you are one of the biggest perpetrators of every cliche you tried to make fun of. If it was criticism I'm laughing at you, if it was parody I'm not laughing at all. Apart from mentioning mustangs and him being a Navy Seal, you do some or all of that shit in every story you write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
to the anon below me

It's very likely she killed his wife. And not directly. Just a few nasty words, or a few old photos of her whoring days. All she has to do it wave her past in front of this ex-junkie and present her with an easy way out.

There's also a chance she relapsed on her own. I'd say 50/50. Rachael went nuts before, and quitting her job to move close to her ex in a dumpy apartment to win him back. Even going so far as to immediately offer adopting Mel. Rachael might be that desperate.

It's very much a coin toss if she was pathetically patient or a conniving manipulator. I know junkies with hard pasts. It doesn't take much manipulation to make them spiral into relapse. A few toxic people is all it takes in their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It’s rather obvious

Rachel killed Anne

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous