All Comments on 'Love & Disrespect: Early Release'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Temerious wife gets the smarts too soon in this otherwise top echelon story ?

The author really did great job in defining his characters and giving them meaty , tangible issues to deal with in the story from start to finish. The emotionally toxic SIL wasn't evil , but was toxic to herself and the narrator's marriage. Great job was done as evasion of truths were presented to Greek chorus of the sisters' parents.

Was the narrator a bit too saintly and stay too level headed as he sifted thru the inflammatory accusations leveled at him? I think so . No way does an outsider get to present their case in such a straightforward fashion to family's initially biased against him without a counselor, judge or firearm to mediate thru the antagonism ( superb, sarky depictions of verbal sniping by Maggie riveting up the tension)..

I think Shelly 's turnaround came too quickly as well. That night her antics were a straight and vicious power play to assume control of her marriage. To throw herself so soon at disaffected husband's feet beggared belief. Shelly needed a year of counseling at least to realize her folly

Those virulent objections aside - I saw evidence of much savvy, hard work by author. The arc of the story was too compelling and too well constructed to be awarded less then five stars. My qualms lie in the compressed time frames from beginning to end- that disqualifies it for Hall of Fame in my eyes, but not a high score.

Full marks * * * * *

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
The wife is a whiny little crybaby.

Who the fucks wants a woman like that? Every paragraph with her in it has her bawling/crying/sobbing/screaming/yelling/weeping blah blah blah. FFS, you screwed up, now either fix it or move the fuck on, but stop with the goddamn crying.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
Even though he warned us in the beginning...

I wasn't too crazy about the end. That didn't deter me, however, from giving this 5 stars. I thought the writing was excellent and the story content was believable.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Hmmm...

Tough tale to read. Makes you think too hard. He worked to save the marriage at first then she fought just as hard to reclaim the love which she almost destroyed. Another chapter would tell us if it was a success. As for the sister, I just felt bad. Yes she gave bad advice but she was going through hell herself. With counseling she'll be fine. Please consider a sequel.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago

Good story about marriage, and people learning to be married. Great points: possibilities v. probabilities, hurting each other is part of marriage to a minor degree, color from a woman and form from a man makes a marriage. She made a great case, her words were right on the money but they don't balance out her actions and previous words. Back to probabilities: she has a proven track record of contempt for her marriage and her husband. She may not have cheated, but she walked along the edge and had the mindset that would allow her to cheat. While I would not say with certainty that she would cheat in the future, I would give her 50/50 odds of relapsing into her disrespectful behavior. 50/50 odds means that a marriage to her is not an investment, it is a gamble. Only a fool would gamble with his life.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Very Old Testament

Stories with stern righteous men and weeping piteous women don't do it for me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

@LordSlamdawgg - I might normally agree with you regarding the speed of her turnaround, but this IS a flash story, there's not a lot of time!

As far as possibilities go, ANYBODY he meets may betray his trust, there are no guarantees in life. If anything, she seen the results of her actions, she'll probably be more thinking about how her actions affect him.

I know this is just a flash story, but some back story on just what he was saying/doing that was so CONTROLLING would go a long way to seeing how reasonable or unreasonable her feelings were.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
A good story well written and easy to read...

A good story well written and easy to read...Even if they still had a lot to work and clear, the ending was clear. 4*

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
LIFE AND LOVE IS FINE

except for those weakening moments, TK U MLJ LV NV

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Well-written and (mostly) credible story

This story is thought-provoking and well written. I think starting over in a new place does give this couple a chance - her family was indeed toxic. I am not sure that the wife's penitence is realistic - makes for a good story, but IRL it would still be hubby's fault. Hence the "mostly" modifier of credible. Five stars for sure.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
5* story it was realistic, too

Some people might not like that but, oh, well. Can't please everyone!

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Wasn't too impressed with anyone

in this story. Hubby had a bit of "too laid back" in his actions and even when he put his foot down he evidently wasn't very convincing. If he had been, wifey wouldn't have shown up on his doorstep. And even her explanation was a bit "in your face". She was sorry she had disappointed him and hurt him and she was sorry she wasn't the wife he wanted but by God, he wasn't the perfect husband for her either. Really? She's trying to reconcile here and she goes part way back to the disrespectful tone he left her over. I don't think she learned anything, I think she and her sister had been such conniving bitches during High School and College that no one would have anything to do with them except the guys on the bar parking lot. No, he would be making a mistake to capitulate that quickly. He hadn't found anyone yet, so what. Takes time. He needs to push his balls back out of his stomach and get on with his life. Without that evil family dragging him down to Hell again.

Sorry Beast, didn't like it much. No attack on you or your writing ability, top notch as always. Subject matter and disposition thereof, not so much. But it's only an opinion. Please continue to write. You and Randi are getting to be the only ones with fresh takes on what of necessity is the same old subject matter.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
another good one

What can I say. Five stars.

This series are so good.They make you belive like it is normal,real life.

Keep it up.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Another scene from the therapist's couch

Whenever I read a story like this, it reaffirms to me how lucky I am that I can't relate in any way. I supppse that if my wife ever cheated on me, a story like this would be my ultimate fantasy. I would want her to be completely ashamed and sorry for what she did. I would want to humiliate her and anyone else who wronged me. I would want our marital difficulties to be completely her fault. I would think of her as a foolish, selfish bitch. These are the common elements in all "divorce porn" stories.

Another common element I've noticed is that the relationship between husband and wife is more like a relationship between father and teenaged daughter. Juxtapose the two and it's difficult to tell the difference:

"Young lady, you were out late past your curfew, and I don't like the friends you hang out with. Either you stop disobeying me or you will be punished." (Said in a calm, stern, and firm manner.)

"Screw you, Dad! You don't own me! I can hang out with whoever I want!"

"That's it. Go to your room without supper. You're grounded for a month."

"But the prom is next week!"

"I said a month, young lady. You mess with the bull, you get the horns."

"Oh, Daddy, I'm so, so sorry! Please, I'm begging you! I'll never misbehave again."

SMH.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 7 years ago
Should Be

Required reading for every single guy contemplating marriage...good job...

TwopullTwopullover 7 years ago

Extremely verbose. And almost life a man's equation, some of the monologs

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 7 years ago
Well...

Remarkably good. Five easy stars.

I loved the reasoned response by the husband, the crux of the problem (siding with someone other then your husband/wife and then attacking your spouse) and his choice to leave.

I loved even more, her response. That she chose him over her family. This is the correct emotional response in an adults life. We move from the home of our youth to creating our own home. That becomes our center. It is an emotional immaturity that causes us to hold on to those old ties at the expense of you new world (our new spouse).

Her reasoning for fighting for the marriage was equally compelling. We all screw up, sometimes horribly. It is our willingness to keep fighting for our marriage, to grow and correct those flaws that have so hurt our partners, that makes a long term marriage work.

You expressed these things with crisp dialog that flowed, was never clunky and was always believable. Your characters were sympathetic (even the toxic sister) and I as a reader really wanted them to get better. Flawed characters (and they all were flawed in some way or another, that's being human) are often hard to root for, but you made it easy. That's a testament to your writing skill.

Thank you for sharing your work with us!

deeptroubledeeptroubleover 7 years ago
Her effort made it for me

I like many types of LW stories, sometimes RAAC and other times BTB. To me it depends on the characters whether one type of outcome is deserved over another. I didn't expect it, but in this story the potential reconciliation matched the characters development throughout the short story. But in the end her impassioned plea and potential solution made the story plausible and enjoyable, with an appropriate (potential) reconciliation. Well done!

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
There's a missing part of the narrative.

I don't accept that all her parents had to say to her was what the author shared.

This is the missing part of the narrative here.

Her parents would have had to sit down - first together, and then with her and discuss the topic of marriage, fidelity, commitment, and what is trustworthiness, and what it was not. That discussion should have included a nearly blow-by-blow review of the dispute in their marriage, ad holding the actions, words, and attitudes up against the standard they laid out.

That discussion would have laid bare the points from where her attitude and words (as influenced by her wounded sister, no doubt) had led her to break her husband's trust in her faithfulness (even prior to the "alleged affair night"). His trust was broken far sooner than that (it takes that to happen to even hire the P.I. in the first place).

Aside from this lacking, but very important, touchpoint in the story, I easily gave this a 5* score as the rest of the dialog and narrative were nearly perfect in all particulars.

Danger09Danger09over 7 years ago
Huge BTB fanatic .... But...

Every once in a while I appreciate a nice reconciliation story.. She didn't cheat... So not bad..

gldngolfergldngolferover 7 years ago
BTB or Reconcile?

BTB (bitch or bastard) or reconciliation (not RAAC) is based on a number of things.

The behavior could be so severe that burning is the only choice. RAAC in my view is never a choice. But when there is true remorse and an offer to change behavior, then trying to reconcile is possible, if both parties want it.

I know after 28 years of marriage both my wife and I have hurt each other. Just like the author said, it goes with the territory. Both of us has hurt the other terribly that has had lasting ramifications. But we've worked through it.

This story warranted an attempted reconciliation. It wasn't RAAC and rightfully so.

Top marks for this story. Very real showing real consequences for poor choices and behavior.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Five stars.

naughtyinsilknaughtyinsilkover 7 years ago
five stars and deservedly so

This story certainly deserves five stars, well written and honest, and as a divorcee myself, something that made me reconsider my own past and pain. <3

wieliczkawieliczkaover 7 years ago
Great (series of) Storys

Comments above were totally on the mark. It was wonderful for a flash. I do hope that you treat us with a wronged female lead, instead of only wronged male leads.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 7 years ago
You are simply one of the best

DFW you simply are one of the best at BTB and reconciliation stories. Thank you for these. I hope everybody who reads them truly understands what your saying. It does take two to make a marriage and it only takes one to destroy one. Excellent as usual.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
very thoughtful and

more realistic than comfortable. But that's what life requires of us. As they both said, making a marriage work isn't easy.

Thanks for the well written treatise. I will be thinking about this one for a while.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago

While a bit speech filled, the beats and points worked for me.

ken philipsken philipsover 7 years ago
What a self centred ego ridden Arsehole

She should have fucked the dipshit off pronto!!!!!!!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 7 years ago
Questions and answers

Do you love me? Yes. Do you believe I love you? Yes. Do you think I'll cheat? No. All of that was true before and it made absolutely no difference. You have probably heard the line about the definition of insanity being doing the same thing over again but expecting different results. The question they ought to be asking is whether they have the same definition of love. Evidence indicates otherwise.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Brilliant!

The level of thought behind this story is incredible. For a non cheating story,this tale brings readable non boring detail to a marriage without the need for cuckolding for interest. There is enough point and counterpoint to warrant a first class story. This is not porn, but true discourse in human relationships. five stars

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago
Not what I was expecting but...

An insightful story. It was not what I was expecting but was so well written it held my interest. Trust is a fragile thing and once broken can probably never be regained. I'm sure some rated this story "lower" because of lack of erotica but I'm going to give it five stars to raise the average. Well done !

jimh67jimh67over 7 years ago
He was right the first night

After they have a couple of kids and he's trapped she'll get pissed at him again and actually cheat on him to "teach him a lesson." Then he'll realize how stupid he was to think that the vindictive bitch part of her fundamental nature was gone.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"you need to know that you bring structure and focus to mine" - Yes, and it was that "structure" that she and Maggie derided as "controlling"!

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Most Women Will Like This; I Don't

It is written well enough. But content wise it leaves a lot to be desired. Will she cheat on him again? Absolutely. Is it worth it to try to save the marriage? No. Tears do not make up for betrayal, selfishness, and lack of trust. Promises based on a foundation of lies are of no value. Three stars. Oh, and for the record, marriage counselors are today's equivalent of ambulance chasers.

Bo47Bo47over 7 years ago
Wake Up Call

That would be a good title for this story. Did she need one, obviously, "forsaking all others" is not just all other male or female companions, father, mother, sister, brother, all others become second class resident aliens compared to the spousal relation. Children are a class of their own. So she lied during the marriage contract ceremony. My 2 cents worth is a solution to their trust issues that's been presented here in lit. elsewhere; divorce, prenuptial, remarry. It answers a lot of questions. Do you love me, well how much? Do you trust me, well how little and how much?

Can someone have a learning experience? Epiphany to coin a word should be in Shelly's lexicon.

I'm sure we all know that people are not black or white, we are all various shades of grey, and that in constantly shifting patterns. I am certainly not in a position to throw stones. Are you? Be honest, now.

By the way, DFW, a job well done is its own reward. You are rich, my friend.

WiserbyageWiserbyageover 7 years ago
Super Story

To nancychapman17, if she does cheat, then divorce her. Don't attempt to "preordaine" the outcome. By the way, nice tits. Been to a wet T-shirt contest?😠😠

Alfonso435Alfonso435over 7 years ago
What a great idea for a story.

Well that was a really enjoyable story, great story line well written, and most enjoyable of all a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
MAYBE A BIT MORE REALISTIC THAN MOST

Yeah, I could see a woman trying something like this, not realizing that she was playing with a live 500lb bomb. The crap that most of these other writers put out about women hungrily looking to fuck every dick in town just doesn't ring true for the true nature of women. Women are about emotional attachment rather than simply sex. Those other writers make it very obvious that the story is man generated because guys just want to fuck with no real attachment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, nicely written, wrong ending...

Once again I find myself agreeing with nancyharpman17; Shelly will indeed cheat on him, given enough time. I would argue she already has; maybe she didn't have a penis inserted inside her, but she behaved as a single woman in a club full of men. She disparaged and disrespected her husband over and over without guilt. She allowed other men to place their hands wherever they wanted on her body while dancing and enjoyed it - she wasn't trying to teach Todd a lesson in the beginning, she was just out having "fun". Her discussion with Todd at the end was sophistry, there wasn't much logic to it.

To use the analogy from the story: "Can a man be considered a thief when he's never actually stolen anything before, but only appeared to have, once?" The answer in the story was given as a No, but I respectfully disagree. If that same man has spent months learning to pick locks, defeat electronic keypads, and hack his way past corporate firewalls, then the answer cannot be No. I think the answer lies with his intentions; if not a thief, why learn how to be one? And now that he knows how to be a thief, what's his next move? Todd's answer as to whether or not he thought she would cheat should have been, "Unknown... but probable".

Shelly went out and partied like a single girl because she enjoyed it. Maybe she never would have done it on her own, but now that she's taken a bite of the forbidden fruit - can she leave it alone? I doubt it. Because of her sister's actions, she's now quite aware that other men are happy to take whatever she'll offer. She remembers it to be fun, even empowering, and I'm sure her sister enlightened her on how good it could be if she would take it all the way. That's what Shelly has in her head now, and those memories will remain there, teasing her, tempting her. Good luck to Todd, he's going to need it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Technically well written story - god awful ending.

This was like a scene from a real life train wreck. You just can't believe your eyes and ears as it is happening. My problem with the ending was that I don't think it was realistic. You chose the "Disney" ending. And that's fine. It played well. I just didn't like it because the character you gave Shelly wasn't capable of either, these actions, or these words. She's the classic spoiled princess and even the threat of ending her marriage wouldn't have changed her and caused her to leave her family. That was just too big a leap for her. So, well written, well done and all that kinda stuff. But to have him do anything but file the divorce papers and move on with his life - alone - was both improbable and unbelievable. Just my opinion. Thanks for the read.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
ONCE AGAIN THE TRUE LOVE BETWEEN THEM

was just to strong to be denied and killed \ TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Only 2 stories

Not much of a series if it only contains two stories. I enjoyed the two and was looking for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Need More To Finish This Properly

It will take a bit more to this finish this story that's on it's way to being a really good story already..just a bit more please.😜

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
Keep Writing

I am usually one of these blokes who say burn the bitch but I really enjoyed this story immensely, 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Oh yeah .& keep writing I enjoy ur work👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written but what an awful ending.

No doubt you can write an interesting story. This is a fictional story about imaginary people that don't exist. But they just piss me off! So I guess your writing has some affect, even if it's a negative one. I simply don't see how he takes her back. Too much water under the bridge and she's almost as broken as her sister. Their trust is broken. No amount of talking, begging or crying is going to change that. Horrible ending to have then reconcile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow! This was a really good story.

And then it all went to hell in the last half page when the dumbass took her back. If all the b.s. he spouted in their family meeting with the in-laws was true, the guy would have to be brain dead to take the bitch back. This one really disappointed me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WOW!

To summarize she didn't get fucked but fucked husband around, he thought she fucked then tried to fuck her off she fucken called back to him so fuck me they will end up fucking so she did get fucked after all? Did I miss anything?

Love you all! GREG.

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow!

I loved the story, especially the ending...

avidfaavidfaalmost 7 years ago
You have to learn

You have to learn how to be married. A lot of spoiled young women and indulgent young men have a lot to learn before their honeymoon becomes a marriage. A lot of stories here are of men who try too hard to go along to get along, and wind up chained to a shrew, and there are probably others where the eager-to-please wife winds up being a subservient mouse, so there are no obvious answers.

It's really not a surprise that there are like 7 stages to building a lasting marriage that have to happen after the wedding, but no one seems to know about them. This story did a nice job of describing one of the many paths that may eventually lead to a successful marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
You are a very talented writer.

Dialog is not easy to write. Yours really flows and feels real, as if it were taking place in front of me. To most of your dumbass critics who criticise the actions of fictional characters as if they were real, get a life ! It's not real ! These people don't exist ! It's written for entertainment purposes. Criticize the writing not the story line. I'm going to read a bunch more of your stories. If ther're half as good as this one, I'll love them. Thanks for sharing you're very creative mind with us. A-5 😊💕

AnAncientAnAncientover 6 years ago
Loved story, a few of my own reflections

I remarried after my first marriage - second marriage is ongoing, and has so far lasted 50% longer than the first (over 10 years). Deliberately not saying anything that could remotely identify me or women involved!

If I told you the selective truth about my first wife: I could paint a very damning picture of her - or I could draw a very sympathetic picture of her. I could truthfully talk about my part, and give very different impressions of myself. Even a 'totally' objective description would be interpreted one way or the other - depending on the biases &amp;amp; prejudices of the listener!

These stories are mostly the work of fiction - but from what I've read &amp;amp; been told directly, sometimes the reality would be considered made up (like the woman who shared her experience of being raped, and committed suicide soon after - won't say more, don't want the risk of inspiring copycat attacks).

I look for inspiration about relationships from these stories - after: discounting the intense drama, excessive sexual descriptive content (I skip over, not that I'm offended, I just don't enjoy it &amp;amp; find it off putting), super capable heroes with immense personal wealth, and pathological behaviours.

My favourites stories here are of main characters that have human weaknesses, yet have great love and respect for others (in general). I like sex to be more implied than explicit - I prefer insights into how characters feel and their motivations, than detailed descriptions of sexual acts and size of body parts.

So I really enjoyed this story!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Hmm, gave you a 4 on this one, Beast...

Your writing was impeccable as usual, but her "reasoning" at the end was fatuous - and he fell for it. Yeah, he probably knew how silly it all was and only agreed to go along because he appreciated her belated effort at trying to fix their marriage, but her head still ain't screwed on right. She's still thinking he's partially at fault for what happened, not as much as her maybe, but she's only willing to take part of the blame - still so much work to do to call that marriage saved.

Someone made the comment that we can't judge stories on the story line, but only on the writing. With all due respect, that's garbage. Every story ever written is judged on the story line, as that commenter calls it. All those stories we had to read in high school? Book reports? Were you allowed to sum it up with, "Well, the punctuation was correct, nothing misspelled, good sentence structure; he's a good writer"? Is "Moby Dick" known for it's lack of split infinitives and well developed prepositional phrases?

"Call me Ishmael." Holy cow, that opening line can still give me a goosebump or two. Yeah, it's great writing, but people only know it because it pulled them into a great story - a story they cannot forget, a story that resonates. You've never sat a table over coffee or a beer and argued about Grisham's or King's latest book? How about a movie? Did you like it because it was filmed well - or because it was a great story? The writing AND the story go hand-in-hand. The greatest writer in the world cannot save a bad story - just as the greatest actors and actresses cannot make a good movie out of a bad script. Writers will ALWAYS be judged on the story; the story is the only reason why people read.

Another commenter stated that you have to learn how to be married. I agree there are lots of things that have to be learned once married - but that wasn't her problem. She didn't need to learn that you shouldn't allow other men to fondle you - she learned that back when she was dating in high school. She didn't need to learn that the vows she uttered at the wedding ceremony actually meant something. She didn't need to learn that leaving your husband at home to go party at a club with her slut sister and a bunch of desperate men would lead to trouble. She knew what she was doing was wrong, but she did it anyway. Her husband and their marriage weren't priorities - so she chose to do what she wanted.

Still a good story Beast, but I say that about almost all of yours. Almost. :^)

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
3*'s Only

For a good story to be 4+*'s, it has to have a MUCH better ending to it. This one did not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To Wiserbyage from nancyharpman17

I have lived through what the characters in this story did. Danny trusted me and took me back. In less than a year I found his controlling me to be smothering me. We are no longer together. I began to pour out my heart to a coworker and eventually moved in with him. Since Danny and I were no longer married or even engaged, it was easy to just move out. As far as I know, he has not even dated anyone since I left. Oh, by the way, yes, I entered a few wet tee-shirt contests this past summer. But the picture you saw was taken after I was locked out of my house during a rainstorm and went to a neighbors house to get in from the chillingly cold rainstorm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well.

WELL WRITTEN,MOSTLY ENJOYABLE BUT A LITTLE BIT TO MILLS AND BOON FOR MY PERSONAL TASTE, 4*

gmann57gmann57over 6 years ago

I had to give you a 5, The husband wasnt a pussy like a lot of writers here tend to be. Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
really hated the ending

I liked the story until I started to see the ending coming.

I really, really hated this ending. After what happened, it would take a lot more an awful lot more, for me to be evenly remotely comfortable that there was going to be a lifetime worth of respect coming from this person. Taking her as a roommate, saying there is a strong possibility she could find her husband-seems out of the question.

I realize this is personal, but there's no way I could identify with the male character at the ending, so, unlike the case with many stories by this writer, I didn't enjoy this one.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Yeah

I've been as rough on you as I know how about most of your other stories I've read but this was actually damn good. Were I giving pre-marital counseling I'd have them read this, discuss it and then discuss it as if the male and female roles in this drama were reversed. Really damn good. Seems you write brilliant stuff or total shit but nothing in between. WTF?

I'm giving it a five. Outfuckingstanding.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Scratch that

except the part about this being brilliant. It's late, I'm tired and I missed a hand off. Thought I was reading Stev2244. Brain fart. My bad. Still all the compliments stand. This was just a tour de force short story. You put a number of these together and I think you could sell a bunch of books. If I've read a better story on here I don't recall it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4*'s

I liked that there was forgiveness in the end. They both deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I liked it..

Wasn't very exciting but reason and emotion prevailed and that damn tugged at my heart, so the many times in my life I tried to reason a reason to make things to work. That is why I gave a FIVE, really we want and need it to work out for the better some how.....bill

5ssssss

but damn it next time I want a BTB story okay????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@to wyserbyage from nancyhartman17 about nancy's hardmounds

Nancyhartman17 used anonymous to respond to comment about photo on her profile. Just click her name and you see her in thin soaked pink top the cold rain is evidenced by a certain reaction

Nice of her to give neighbors' that view and allow them to photograph the evident.

As for her Danny being controlling some guys don't like exhibitionist girlfriend's putting their breasts on permanent display for the world.

True, some guys do.

Most though would prefer it was somebody else's girl on display.

I would love to be in room when your future sons come home from school with copies. Good luck lecturing any daughters.

Myself, I enjoyed view. Not as much as guy in picture on upper left though...love that hot nerdy look

Who needs DDs

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Don’t like the guy’s attitude. He’s jealous, insecure, and childish. Who wants a stepford wife. I have been married 40 yrs and my wife and I have dissapointed each other and done things to make the other angry many times. That’s a marrige, we stayed tight cause we are and always have been in love with only each other. The rest is white noise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Timriv, did your wife let you off your leash again?

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 6 years ago
DFWBeast has become of of my top 4 favorite active LW authors

and THIS Story shows why.. It is fabulous in every way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@timriv

In all those 40 years, did you or your wife ever deliberately try to hurt each other by making the other believe that you or she had violated your marriage vows in such a manner?

Did either of you ever allude to having cheated on the other for the sole purpose of striking pain into the others heart of hearts, to strike at the basic trust that each married couple uses as the bedrock of your relationship? Somehow I truly doubt it as I doubt your marriage would have survived all this time.

This is what she let herself be manipulated into doing. However, manipulation aside at the end of the day the blame rests on her shoulders, and her shoulders alone in this matter. He was more than a bit anal, but as I see it he was staring down the barrel of a doomed marriage as she with little provocation would have kept upping the ante until she did cross a line that should never have been approached let alone crossed. As such he decided after that to cut bait and go!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@timriv

You're a troll or an idiot. No ones cares about your comments in any case. Stop embarassing yourself and shut the fuck up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@timriv

Turn your glasses around, your reading things backwards again...and again...and again.

I haven't yet figured out whether you really are an idiot or you say shit just because it pisses off people!

Either way, you are a moron!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yeah

it's true. timmy isn't too bright.

Story reads like real life. Got to give her a chance to win or fail but I suggest not getting her pregnant for some time.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Powerful.

And not just the story.

Some of the comments very pretty strong too.

For me the strongest comments came from sugna.

Saying their continued marriage was a gamble,

not an investment.

That was the feeling I got from this story.

For me this "Love and disrespect" story

was way better then the other one.

Strong, well written and believable.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An excellent and insightful observation ....

<<< It's probably closer to what your love was for me. >>>

Few people would have continued, extrapolated and presented the thought as you did. Beautifully done. For this alone, I have to rate this well thought out and presented story @ 5 stars.

You gave her another chance. Instinctively, I'd want to but I probably wouldn't. I guess I've been shit on too many times.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
excellent 5*

but she will do it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not Me

If it were me I believe I would file those divorce papers. I’m sure the girl is as sorry as can be , but is she sorry for what she did or sorry she got caught at it? Nope, once doubts about fidelity are introduced it’s just a steady downhill slide. There’s really no marriage left to try to revive. Cut your losses and move on.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
She was an idiot

But, unlike in too many other stories where the husbands sees what is going on and does nothing, this guy fought for his marriage BEFORE she went too far and actually fucked some guy, and she was days or weeks away from doing just that.

The divorce petition was the kick up the ass his spoiled wife desperately needed, and it forced her to finally grow up. His leaving showed her that they BOTH had to fight for the marriage. He finally made her see what a toxic influence her sister was. They will probably make it, but Shelly will have to cut her sister out of her life completely. Even if Marge gets help, she will always hate Todd, and will always be a divisive influence in their marriage.

Btw, why do 'Girl's Nights out' invariably involve other men? Why do they invariably involve going to bars with lots of single guys? Going out without your spouse, with single friends, dressed up to the max and getting drunk is begging for trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To the baseball theme

cuck cuck cuck cuck

cuck cuck cuck cuck

cuck cuck cuck cuck

cuck cuck cuck cuck

cu cu cu cu cu cuck

cuck

Funny thing about emotions, they are the one thing where subjective truth becomes objective reality

She made him think she cheated, therefore she in fact cheated

So fuck her

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it 5* worth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I don't think your character is a cuck but

Why do men think it is alright for a wife to go out dancing by themselves even if it is a girls night thing? Slow dancing is an intimate event even when out with your spouse and you trade off with friends. Allowing a wife repetitive "girls night out " knowing there will be contact dancing is a very cucky and dangerous thing to do. My wife tells me she would never disrespect me enough to do it. Are we weird?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nope, I pass.

it would take a hugh amount of positive returns to make a relationship worth that much work. Run away. Run far away now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good Story

How was Todd a cuckold? I thought he handled it pretty well. OK, the wife made a huge mistake, associating with and then being influenced by the elder sister to do such a stupid thing to her husband. She didn't cheat, she disrespected him - and how!! His response was great and the story developed very nicely. Well written. 5*s.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed this story, but would preferred it ending properly not part way through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE

// BELOW ARE THOUGHTS FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, OF WHICH SOME MIGHT BE WRONG.

I feel that Lirotica has plenty of plots with Western Culture as base, which is not a bad thing. I enjoy it. This was mentioned so that we can relate against the Eastern Culture.

Unlike in West, Eastern people are conservative in physical touches, especially intimate touch. Of course, the Western culture is what I believe is a Universal culture, and is followed by everyone all over the world, especially the 'rich' class.

What I want to say is that people (especially women) in the east are conserved about physical touches (excluding the friendly touches). Of course the women are not conservative, narrow minded or ignorant. It's just their culture.

** SO WHAT AM I TRYING TO SAY BY WRITING THIS LARGE COMMENT ?

Lirotica is full with stories where the wife is intimately touched (during a dance, or any other event) by other guy and the husband getting jealous, etc. Can we not tell that this might cause conflicts ? No one should be restricted, but everyone must understand the consequences.

PS : I DO NOT MEAN TO DISRESPECT ANY CULTURE. AFTER ALL, CULTURES ARE DIFFERENT ONLY BECAUSE OF DIFFERENCES IN HISTORY, TRADITION, GEOGRAPHY, ETC.

PPS : I AM REALLY A NICE GUY.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very good

Good story with a pretty good lesson. If you try too hard to ruin something, then you might succeed. Glad they worked through it.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 4 years ago
The Comments Give It Away

First of all, this was fantastic, even for you. You're on my favorites list for a reason but Todd's monologue is one of the best descriptions of how trust gets destroyed in a relationship that I've seen on this site. You could tell he sees the fall of the exact snowflake which would cause the avalanche.

But the title of this is more aimed at the commenters. If "music is the silence that comes between the notes" to paraphrase DeBussy then "stories are the thoughts that come between the words". I love the ending. It makes me work to fill in the gaps and see what I want to see as an ending. Hint: I'm optimistic for them.

Reading through the comments, the readers complaining about the ending are those looking at the words, not the thoughts between the words. They're unable to form their own opinions, and need their hands held all the way through. This is a shame, because you've laid out a very specific character who has an understandable and consistent thought process and placed him in a very specific circumstance. Your opinions on the ending are very clear. There's really only one possible ending. And it's alright; who gives a shit if it's sentimental?

You'll never make everyone happy, but for the sake of sanity, tune out the nuts and the lazy readers too hung up on the trees to see the forest.

It's also extremely clear that several people on this site do not understand what a cuckold is.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Will they make it? It takes hard work and joint effort

They seem to be willing to try

Enjoyed

Nice story

All participants need help

Will it work

jsch1947jsch1947about 4 years ago
Very well done

Great story. Thoughtful. Well written. You do reconciliation well. (And it's NOT easy)

(I recommend you read Ohio's House of Cards, you will appreciate it!!!)

I will continue enjoying your work.

Ignore the critics.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Iiked this story a lot.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Maybe??

She REALLY screwed the pooch with her deception; but she didn't technically cheat. I agree with giving her a probationary reconciliation. Any more shit and file the papers!!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again. Good story, but Maggie was one messed up lady. Getting Shelly away from her family will give them a good chance to make it.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Great Story

Brilliant, very original, I don't think I have ever read a story like it. Except Shelly never hit on the real issue. She only talked about unintentionally hurting the one you love. What she did to him was deliberate and personal . She used his love as a weapon. If he didn't love her then it wouldn't have affected him. Even though her sister came up with the idea she had to know how devastating it would be to his love for her. I'm not sure which is worse cheating or just making him think she did, just to hurt him. With cheating there can be contributing factors like she was drunk and was taken advantage of, blackmail, or the old standby "your husband cheated, you need to get even". Her intent for what she did was malicious where the intent for cheating is self gratification. Do you really want to be in a relationship with a person with a weapon like that and has shown she's not afraid to use it? Great Story Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was pretty brilliant really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sad little man

I honestly think that these two are so mismatched that disaster was inevitable. I’ve seen some pretty unlikely pairings in my day, some that have even made it, but I think these two were just in too deep from the outset.

They were both right, and both wrong. The whole meeting with the family was a bunch of passive aggressive nonsense and it’s true his wife hurt him badly however he should have just given her the papers, given a greatest hits 2 paragraph letter explaining why and get on a plane to Cali.

This will repeat in 2 to 3 years or it will be decades of misery.

Each needs to find a better match. Sometimes love isn’t enough.

Hubby is a neurotic hand wringer, wife a clueless self absorbed child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

I took My First ex Back Once .. Big Mistake as She thought that gave her the Greenlight to Cheat on Me . I paid the money to have a Sheriff serve her at Home . I wish I would have had a Video of her getting served .. Man was She Surprised

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Here’s a thought....

Ok. So she was sorry. REALLY sorry. But how about you allow the divorce to go through, and just date again? If they were meant to be, give it 5 years, and then talk about re- marriage. I think there were a lot of underlying issues. She felt controlled by him. It manifested itself in the situation with her sister, but it was there before. I don’t think, she was mature enough to get married. She probably was a narcissist as well. Once the “ all attention on me” wedding thing wore off, it was just two people, struggling to make it through life. Kids would exacerbate the situation. Being married, is like being on a team. If the pitcher does not give 100%, it does not matter what the catcher calls.... I believe sooner, not later, she would resent being away from her family. Maybe taking visits back home, with out him, and going back out with her sister. I think giving in to her to stay married, confirms her sense of entitlement. Not a good idea, in the long run.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I am on the fence

New comment on an old story.

Loved the story and I think this was original. Where I am confused is I don't really see where she addressed herself. She mentions parents, she admits she was wrong, she states her sister is getting help. But where does she say she is getting help? She let her sister manipulate her and she willingly hurt her husband. She talks about not being a cheater but what has she done in only a month to "cure" her attitude, anger, and mind.

He went to LA to start over but now she is there. If he files the papers how can he really be free of her? He will see her and see her date. Not sure how that will work out. If they live together, married or not, how is that a break?

I would say keep the divorce papers, move in, but DO NOT HAVE KIDS!!!!. Maybe they both grow up and see how it works out. Maybe they both realize they are in love but they are not meant be. She is immature and he is set in his beliefs. Neither is wrong in some way bit neither is right for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fighting for the marriage ...

is a term that is frequently thrown around, but I do not believe that it was ever intended to mean having to fight your marriage partner to "make them" keep their marriage vows.

But yes, that is a fight the offending partner should have been willing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A real wimp. She berated him like he has a small penis. Now he takes her again. What a Wimp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The wife let Strangers grab her Ass .. Yes I bet everyone here wants a wife like her

ctdansctdansabout 3 years ago

like others have said. Let the divorce go thorough so she feels the pain and really understand what she did. The if he wants, date her and see of they can start fresh. If not, stay divorced and after awhile she will figure out she is just a friend with benefits and feel used and move on.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
2019 Followers
Most of my stories fit in the &quot;Loving Wives&quot; category. Primarily they're &quot;cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation&quot; type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES