Love By Death Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No we have people for that. I will not let you die, you deserve the crown."

"Who will give up their life for someone they don't know."

"I will." Said the guard

"What?" Jonathan said looking up at him

"When she came past me she looked at me, she smiled and whispered thank you. I will give my life for you two to be together."

"No I won't allow it. There is no one else who can do what you two do. I can't, you two will be training more soon enough."

"Ally, do you know of anyone?"

"What about the giver?"

Stefan and Jonathan both looked at one another. "We don't have time to contact him."

"No need. I live in this wing. What can I do you for?"

"The new Queen needs blood."

"Very well." The Giver when in and everyone waited. Three hours later the giver came out. They could all tell he was drained.

"Feed." Jonathan said without questions. The give just looked at him and bit into his arm. After a few minutes he pulled away and the color returned to him. "Well?"

"She is sleeping. She will remain sleeping till you say to wake her. It is recommended that you wait three nights."

"Can I go see her?"

"That's for the doctor to say."

"Stefan go tell mom and dad they are to remain in power till Melody is well. They will and better understand."

"I'll be back my love." He kissed Ally and went to the old Queen and King."

"You need to sleep yourself."

"I'll be headed there in a moment. Answer me this, what made you think a full human could stand the change?"

"She's not a full human. She has our blood mixed in with hers. She just didn't know it. When she woke up, she bit someone without knowing the rules. When we bit her we didn't want overwhelm her. We didn't expect her to wake up so soon." Ally answered with an attitude

"Are you her sister or something?" asked the giver

"I don't think I am but I know we are connected somehow." Ally answered.

"Very well, Squire my debt is repaid."

"King."

"I'm sorry did you just say King?"

"Yes. It became official yesterday."

"Well then King. My debt has been paid. I will see you around."

"Bye."

The Giver walked away. When he was out of site "Want to explain?" Ally asked quietly

"He's our youngest."

"You said there were only five of you. That would make six."

"There are a few things you will never know. The answer to your question is one of them."

"As you wish."

Soon Stefan returned and sat down next to them. "Well?"

"Three days of sleep for her. You two go get back to normal. I will stay here. I can't leave her." He looked in to see her just lying there in the bed, not knowing what was happening around him.

"I'm not leaving."

"I'm staying here."

"You two have jobs to do."

"And so do you brother. Ally you sleep. I will be right here. She will not be without watch."

"No you two take sleep. I'll take first watch."

"This is not a debate. You two sleep. I will wake you when I can't stay awake anymore."

"Very well."

Ally and Stefan slept sitting up. After a few hours Stefan woke up and saw Jonathan had not moved an inch. His eyes were heavy but he remained a visual on Melody.

"She hasn't moved once. She breathes but she hasn't moved."

"She won't move. She is sleeping. They have her strapped down just to be safe. Sleep now or I'll make you sleep."

"Very well." Stefan helped Jonathan to his seat and he closed his eyes.

Stefan kept one hand on Jonathan's shoulder to keep him sitting up. Every movement Stefan made Jonathan would dart up then go back to sleep Soon Ally awoke and joined Stefan at the window.

"What do you think happened?" Ally asked as she hugged him

"Someone doesn't want out new Queen around for long. Only person right now is that servant that resides in the other room." Stefan said with an attitude and not looking at Ally

"Who should go check on him?" Ally asked with a small grin

"You. I've got him and her. If I move and knows about this I'm not sure what will happen." Stefan said this time looking at her

"I'll be back. Should I kill him?" Ally asked getting all giddy

"That's not your choice, and you know that." Stefan said in her ear

"I'll see you later then." She kissed him and then disappeared around the corner

Stefan looked at Jonathan who was still sleeping. Melody just laid there. Anyone who tried to walk into her room, had to show ID, and cause for going in. they were all watched closely. No one was allowed to have their backs to the window. Soon Jonathan awoke and joined his brother.

"Any change" Jonathan asked

"Here is the last fourteen hours that I have been awake. No one had their back to me. I watched everything. From what one doc says she is improving. Others say it will take a bit."

"Come on Melody pull through. Please. I can't lose you."

"Go in and tell her yourself. She can have visitors now. That most critical time is over with." The main doctor said.

"No one comes in unless I say." Jonathan and Stefan both said to the guards.

Both guards nodded.

Meanwhile Ally was walking all over trying to find where they had Willfred. No one was much help. She would look in every room and soon she found him.

"Time to wake up and give me all the details." When Willfred didn't wake up she felt his pulse, still beating, she then took his and felt him stir. "Good you can move. Now open your eyes for you will talk or it will be more than a bite you will be recovering from."

Willfred opened his eyes and found Ally holding his hand. "Captain Ally what are you doing here?"

"Wondering why Melody had to have a transfusion? Wondering why you let her bite you? Wondering why I have to keep you alive?"

"Because I didn't give the orders, and she is asking to see you." Jonathan said as Ally looked up.

"I'm going right now. I assure you I just held his hand."

"I saw the whole thing. Now go." Ally left the room and ran to Melody. "Now answer her questions."

"You're not King Jonathan." Willfred said

"You're correct I'm not. I'm the youngest. And you know what that means." He said as he put something in the IV. Willfred didn't have a chance to answer when his eyes closed. "I'll gave you ten minutes and you will die. No one will know how you betrayed your new Queen and King. For I will never tell them."

The youngest walked out of the room and turned he soon found Ally waiting outside. "You said she wanted to see me. You took that kill away from me."

"You can't be blamed for not listening. Just tell them the youngest helped out again."

"What is the payment?

"I'll be InTouch."

"No one gets kidnaped, or hurt, the four of us are left alone. Also considering I listen to you without questions back there, consider that payment in full."

"The Master does have a good one. I will honor all of those." He turned and walked away.

Ally looked back and saw that Jonathan and Stefan were both looking at her. She motioned to the door and they both nodded.

"Care to explain?" Stefan asked

"Later on. Not in here. How is she doing?" Ally said as she walked to the bed

"Still no change."

"Have you tried kissing her?"

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Come on now they've tried everything else. Why not see if true love's kiss works."

"You're crazy." He bent over and kissed her on the lips. Stefan and Ally both gasped when Melody's hand moved. Jonathan stood back up and waited. Nothing. "I told you you're crazy." Soon Jonathan felt something on his hand. He looked down and saw Melody reaching out a finger. He took it and Stefan got him a seat.

Melody didn't open her eyes but her breathing got deeper and she looked more at peace.

"Come on Melody, we all want you to wake up." Ally said as she rubbed her leg.

"I think it time you two leave. I want to be alone with her." Jonathan said still looking at her.

Without a word Stefan and Ally walked out. They both sat on a bench. Stefan was the first to speak. "So tell me what was going on with the Giver and you?"

"I'm sorry honey, you will have to ask him for my payment is made."

"You paid him with your silence?"

"Yes I did."

"Very well. Don't tell Jonathan that.

"She can tell you. I'm ok with that. Were still even."

"So now tell me."

"I went into see Willfred, He was just about to talk when I was told she wanted to see me. I came here as quick as I could. Soon he walked around corner we said a few things got the terms worked out and well here we are."

"You didn't? Did you?"

"No she didn't. May we talk?"

Stefan got up and followed the Giver over to the counter. "Willfred woke her up too soon. He made her feed off of him. He was looking for a way to die. He only acted like he cared. So I helped him out. It is on me not her. She is not to be punished. Nor am I for I am saving the Queen and King."

"Agreed. Now what will happen to him?"

"A small sedative that will slow all progress. He's actually being burned now. There was no need to cause alarm but I would have a replacement for him soon. She will be waking up in about two hours. Her food is all ready to do and I have others to go see."

"Thank you brother."

"You're welcome. Brother."

"One more question and I want to tell them. Will she be able to carry children?"

"It's hard to tell right now. I wouldn't have her try for at least a year."

"Very well. Thanks again."

They both parted ways. Stefan returned to Ally and looked at Jonathan. Jonathan then came out of the room. "Well what did he have to say?"

"Willfred is dead and burned, and he is responsible for this. Also you need to wait a year before you try to have children. Also there is no debt with our brother."

"Fine. I can't keep watching her like this. What is going to happen if she doesn't wake up?"

"I will take her place. And we will stand side by side." Ally said with a straight face.

"Before I make a move answer me this. Did you plan to have her killed?"

"No My King. I would never do that to anyone. I am doing what any loyal hand maiden would do. Step up when the time calls for it."

"Very well. I want you two out of my site. Right now I can't stand to look at either of you." Jonathan went back into the room. Ally and Stefan looked at one another and then left as well. Ally wanted to look back but knew she better not. Stefan held her tight as they walked.

In the room Melody lay there and Jonathan just sat there holding her hand. He didn't know what to say then soon he just began to speak.

"My dearest Melody, Life is not over, not for us and not for you. You are my world and I will join you soon if you were to leave me. We are now beating as one. Please pull through this. I'm sorry you had to go through this. I'm sorry if I forced you do to something you didn't want to do. Please my dear you have to understand, my life is yours. When you wake up you will be in control. I will no longer tell you want to do. Please wake up." Tears were falling and hitting her hand. He brushed her hair out of her face and she stirred. "Melody dear are you waking up?"

Melody stirred again and he called for a doctor. When the doctor came in "She stirred a bit when I brushed her hair. Is she waking up?"

"She still has two more days. Or she will die."

"Very well."

"Here you need sleep as well. The guards are outside and will not let anyone in. Drink. Sleep and wake up refreshed." The doctor left the glass on the table and walked out.

Jonathan got up and followed him only to stop at the guards. "I'm locking this door. No one in, no one out. Only exception to opening is if she is dying. Understood?"

Both guards nodded and Jonathan closed the door and latched it shut. He then went and laid next to Melody. He took the glass and drank it. He held her in her arms tight.

After a few hours, Jonathan awoke to find Melody looking at him. "What are you doing up?"

"I woke up. What happened? Why are you holding me so tight?"

"Sorry." Jonathan got down off the bed and held her hand as he sat down. "What do you remember?"

"You three bit me, I was then woken up and told I had to feed and was given something red to drink. I drank it and then felt funny. I woke up in here."

"Willfred fed you what may have been poison blood. He tried to kill you. He's taken care of. Now I'm going to tell the doctor you're awake. Sit tight."

Jonathan got up and unlocked the door. The guards both looked at him and got out of his way. "Doctor she's awake. You." Pointing to one guard "Go get Stefan and Ally. NOW!"

The guard took off running as the Doctor came in. "How are you feeling My Queen?"

"Well rested. Can I go now?"

"No I want you to stay here one more day. Get your strength back."

"She will. We both will." Jonathan answered for her.

"Very well. My Queen there are a few things I do need to tell you. Please understand we did all we could to help you. However we would recommend that you wait a year or two before trying to have children. Don't punish anyone if you are going to draw blood. That would let out your inner demon and we don't that to happen. Also your two confidences are the only other two whom you can truly trust. My King you may have told them to go home, but they stayed outside all night. They didn't leave. I'll leave you two alone. If you're tired sleep."

"When can I go home?"

"Tomorrow."

Melody smiled and nodded to the doctor and then looked at Jonathan. He just had tears in his eyes. "I'm going to be ok Jonathan."

"You have no idea how close I was to loosing you."

"You would never have lost me. I would never leave you." She looked out the window and saw Ally and Stefan standing there. She waved them in.

"How are you feeling?"

"Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine and yes I do, I want you three to listen to me. If I do go before you three, you all must carry on. You all must not turn on one another. I would say we all go on the same day but I don't think that will happen."

"We will make it happen." Ally said with a smile.

"We will just make sure our children are old enough to understand what is going to happen." Jonathan said as he stared into her eyes.

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too."

After another day in the hospital Melody was released. They went home and she was welcomed back with a large party and full reign over the kingdom. The old Queen and King bowed out and left without another word to anyone. It has been rumored that they are in a small cottage just enjoying their lives.

After three years Melody and Jonathan welcomed three children two boys named Daniel and Alexander, and a girl named Piper. Two years after that they welcomed another boy named Lucas and his twin sister Zoey. The two of them raised their kids with happiness Joy.

Ally and Stefan were also blessed to welcome three kids of their own, Nichole, Brandon, and Victoria. They were so happy together.

When the kids were older they noticed that Melody was ageing fast and wondered what was happening. The four adults sat all the kids down and explained the entire situation. When they were done the kids all had tears, they didn't want to see their mother and aunt pass away. Melody had prepared and told them not to worry for she would not be far.

One morning Jonathan woke up and rolled over to find Melody still sleeping. He kissed her shoulder and felt that she was cold. He took her pulse and didn't feel anything. He rang for everyone to come. Everyone ran in, they all stopped as they saw her just lay there. All of them feel crying. Ally stood and walked over to her. She brushed her hair out of her face.

"You will forever be in our hearts. Farewell My Queen."

When the doctor came in he carefully got her in place. Jonathan just watched as she was taken away. Stefan held onto him in case he broke down. Once word got around that the Queen had died the whole kingdom stopped working. Everyone came outside to pay their respects.

Jonathan insisted she be buried and not burned for she was human first. As she was laid to rest Jonathan spoke his last letter to her.

"My dearest Melody. 25 years you have given me love, attitude, children, hope, life, and loyalty. You showed me how to handle most situations with grace and ease. I will forever be grateful. I only hope our children can one day make you proud. I am stepping down as King as of this moment. I know we talked about it and so we have Named as your new King our oldest Daniel and your new Queen Victoria. For those two will forever be together as one. I will join you in time my dear. With all my love. Jonathan"

Everyone was in tears and bowed when he walked back to his seat. Daniel and Victoria both took his hands and thanked him. For it was not a battle to be won. It was birth right alone.

Jonathan, Stefan and Ally went on another five years after Melody's passing. One day they all looked at their kids and smiled. They turned around and walked into the distance never to be seen or heard from again.