M and M Coltsfoot - Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maria Frances was lenient in one respect in their new home, the clothing they wore. She quickly adopted Rayne Allen's favored at home casual attire, a pair of boxer shorts and simple, sleeveless, man's undershirt. She asked to borrow a set of his one evening and they went shopping to get several sets of her own the next day. When they finished studying, they were properly dressed for what was often the next item on Maria Frances's agenda, make-out time followed by serious loving in bed.

The two week period was productive for both young students. They did well in their exams, all A's and B's, they had a lot of fun together with very good sex thrown in, they managed one Saturday night of dancing, and they got their Christmas shopping done. Maria Frances managed to pull off her special surprise gift for Rayne Allen without too much tip off. She sent a pair of his old work boots to San Angelo's best bootmaker, a Texican named Hernandez, and had a custom fitted pair of dress boots made as Rayne Allen's gift.

When Rayne Allen opened his gift Christmas morning, he yipped and then immediately tried the new boots on for fit. Miss Marlena was the first to compliment his gift.

"Gracious Son, those boots are special; they make you look two inches taller just wearing them. They are dancing boots for sure."

Miss Marlena got a warm Christmas kiss from her son for her praise. Rayne Allen spent half an hour on the phone thanking Maria Frances.

* * * - - * * *

As Rayne Allen was helping his mother with clean up chores following their mid-day holiday feast his father called him to the telephone. "Sounds like a pretty young lady on the phone askin' if we have a Rayne Allen livin' here. I think that's you son."

Rayne Allen spoke with Sue Beth. They thanked one another for their gifts and decided to get together tomorrow to plan for the remainder of their winter break time off from school routine. Conversation between the long time couple was friendly, but it would never be considered warm and emotional. As he hung up the phone and returned to the kitchen to see if Miss Marlena needed more help the impact of his conversation with Sue Beth enveloped Rayne Allen.

Last summer we talked about a formal engagement ceremony to start our senior year together. It's now Christmas, halfway there on the calendar, and Sue Beth and I are drifting further apart rather than coming closer together. Hell fire, we were closer in the fifth grade than we are now. I am darned sure not going to be looking to buy any engagement ring soon. The way I feel right now I don't think I care.

"Momma, do you need any more help in here?"

"No son, I am almost finished with the clean up. You can go visit Sue Beth if that is what you are asking."

"I think I will saddle my horse and do a little riding around the pastures. That will give both of us some exercise and fresh air."

Miss Marlena took note of her son's dejected look and voice but said nothing. She could guess the turmoil weaving through his mind. This year of dating others, both he and Sue Beth, was not going well at all. So far it hasn't impacted his grades, his new girlfriend is good for him in that respect, but my son is lost in a fog about the one girl he thought he would be with forever. He will get past this one way or another, alone, possibly with this Maria Frances girl, or maybe Sue Beth Poteet will come back to him.

"Rayne Allen!"

"Yes Ma'am."

"After you get settled back at school next semester why don't you bring your new girlfriend Maria Frances to visit for a weekend. I would like to meet her. You can wear your new boots to take her dancing at the Stomp on Saturday night and take her to church on Sunday."

"Yes Ma'am," Rayne Allen replied with no enthusiasm in his voice.

* * * - - * * *

"Good morning Sue Beth Poteet and Merry Christmas to you"

"Merry Christmas to you too, Miss Marlena."

"Did all of your family come home for the holidays? Mary Beth must have had a full load on her shoulders but I'll bet she had a smile too."

"Yes, both April Beth and May Beth came with their husbands. May Beth also brought her baby but she is still in her tummy."

Miss Marlena laughed. "She must be about ready to have that child and make your momma a grandmother."

Sue Beth was about to respond when their conversation was interrupted by Rayne Allen shuffling into the kitchen drawn by feminine voices. Her smile broadened, she reached for her boyfriend, pulled him close and kissed his cheek. Sue Beth gave greeting with her eyes, a squeeze and her smile. Rayne Allen returned the smile, accepted the arm around waist hug, but his body carriage lacked something. His love and enthusiasm for being with the girl he had loved for so long was restrained. Miss Malena noticed, so did Sue Beth.

Rayne Allen Coltsfoot and Sue Beth Poteet spent significant amounts of time together during their Christmas break from school. They drove to their favorite park and walked around their lake holding hands. The Stomp dance hall hosted them twice as they visited with friends, line danced, two-stepped and even danced a complex schottische a few times. Once they went to a movie. The couple talked about past experiences, future desires, school work and goals.

Two subjects seemed to shrink into background. Rayne Allen never mentioned his relationship with Maria Frances nor did he wear the boots that were his Christmas gift while with Sue Beth. Likewise his girlfriend never mentioned her hot date with Derek Jones and how much that hunky basketball player had rocked her sensual world the few hours they spent romping on and around that motel bed on the Old Odessa Highway.

For all of their dating and dancing, all of their talking, hand holding, hugs and even kisses there was one activity that escaped them. Sue Beth and Rayne Allen did not make love over the Christmas break even one time. The gulf brought on by their year of dating others was still as wide at the end of December as it had been in August when their school year began. The young couple still had five months and a spring break of tension they must endure individually before they could really become a couple once again.

The engagement ring Sue Beth wanted to wear remained on far horizon.