All Comments on 'Making an Honest Woman Ch. 01'

by wendylicker

Sort by:
  • 278 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Where as I hate a lot of stuff on this website and reading about delusional wife's that think they have a right to fornicate and try and drag their husband's down to their level, it has not cooccurred here. She was extremely stupid to say she was going out and listening to her husband, but she paid for it so far. What she was doing was putting her gilt onto the husband. My now ex-wife did the when when she was involved with an idiot. She was arguing that I was having an affair when it was her. According to her Boss I made the company move as he refused to undertake a proper investigation of why one of his employees pursued her by visiting my house. She worked part time. I made a spurious complaint to the local council and when they looked up their records the company have not registered itself or something. Never hack me off.

Madeira1076Madeira10768 months ago

This is really good writing. You don't go on tangents and trust your reader to follow. The biggest difference between writers is, the writers that can put together a coherent paragraph, and writers that don't trust their audience to follow.

Good job so far lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He IS blameless!!! If she wasn’t happy with their sex life, then she needs to talk with her husband, and work on it together. Instead she chose to fuck another man!

Why is he leaving?!? She should go live elsewhere, especially if she truly wants to show remorse. Also, he’s sending the wrong message to his daughters by telling them not to blame her. If she isn’t punished, then the girls will grow up to be sluts too!

ZK

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Hubby starts his story by asking his wayward wife to be honest, stating that if she’s not there was no chance to avoid the end of the marriage. I’ll say that bit again, if she refuses to confess the marriage is over, low and behold she refuses. Husband files for divorce? At least kicks her out? No no no a mere couple of paragraphs later counselling is agreed to…really?

I suppose if Tolstoy can create a hesitant, vacillating, weak and ineffectual character like Karenin it would be churlish to criticise modern day authors for attempting to copy greatness. But sadly this character is a poor facsimile.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

2 stars - this story does not meet the accepted rules for a RAAC, so I am looking forward to a divorce in the next chapter. However, there are the girls to think about and it will take a lot of finesse to work out an acceptable arrangement - probably joint parenting. MC needs to seriously think about having an affair of his own to match the SLUT's affair. That will give her the 'in your face' feelings he was confronted with.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

She effed around for months. So it is perfectly n or Al to agree to sleep together, to exchange pleasantries such as I love you, and of course avoid the truth with family and avoid placing the blame where it belongs.. yeh , normal for willing cucks

hbroderhbroderalmost 2 years ago

I urge readers to read all four parts before passing judgment.

The MC may seem overwhelmed and indecisive in this Part 1, but that's just a setup for his evolution through Parts 2, 3 & 4. Spoiler alert: this is not an RAAC.

Along the way, we read Lit's best distillation of savvy counselors' insights: not only about husband and wife, but also regarding the impact of marital strife on children.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

3 1/2 stars, couple of good points but always the cheater saying they will make it up to the victim or cheated upon spouce

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cliche ridden plot and character development that is technically well executed. The husband that moves from resolute to irresolute. Check. Dishonest "blame spreading" (having a "dad bod" and "vanilla sex" have absolutely no moral importance and certainly can't justify, excuse, or mitigate sluttery). Check. An arrogant, unrepentant slut who instantly transforms into a weepy, contrite little girl as soon as she realizes the game is up and there will be consequences. Check. The bullshit counselor trope as the "sophisticated" way to get the husband to cuckout. Check. There are more, but there's no point in belaboring the obvious.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

So far...he gave her the last chance to come clean...and she didn't take it,continued to lie and try to make her sex date. So now that he's being so kind and giving her more chances is frustrating. She is irredeemable

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 years ago

This is a really well done LW story. Looking forward to next chapter.

Thank you! 5 stars.

mJack

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

A superlative work in this genre. Well written characters, and sufficient love to make the cheating as painful as possible. I’ll hope the author writes many more LW stories about cheating, her insights are unusually deep and satisfyingly woven into the tale. 5 ⭐️s.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

This is a really well written tale so far. I see others have taken umbrage at the husband character's statement that he was also to blame to his daughters. I disagree with them, they miss the point. He has made clear he understands he had let their sex become vanilla, and he also felt bad about his "dad bod." But, more importantly, he is written as a very smart character who wants his children not to become alienated from their mother. His large heart is on display in that choice, and the author's decision to have him take some responsibility made sense for the character as written. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“Both of you girls should know that I am not blameless; “

.

In an otherwise well written and plotted story….THAT line made me wretch! WTF?! How is it HIS fault that Ellen had a several months long affair?

.

Sigh…..this is looking to be cuck city if THAT little jewel is any kind of fore warning.

.

3 strong ***. For now.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

He takes the blame?????

Give me a break.

Fuck, sometimes authors on this site make me sick, you Wendylicker are one of them.

Only a woman would write this tripe. You have NO idea what men think.

1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking lawyers...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is extremely well written. With some minor annoyances aside, is a pleasure to read about intelligent, substantive characters. The mc is maintaining his position rather well and the children are portrayed realistically. I will eschew this opportunity to rewrite parts of your story and demand that subsequent chapters are written in a certain way (too late for that!). I recognize your true, honest, and well taken "political" comment as a brilliant stratagem to dissuade the truth-denying element from reading the next few chapters. That way your score will go up! It is interesting to note that both the bleeding hearts and the red meaters agree that politics should not be present in LW stories. They don't have any problem at all with running down that other conversational taboo: religion. That is, of course, because politics IS their religion and, therefore, the current asshat IS their god. Let's apply a common LW cliché: "Get over it".

Thank you very much for this refreshing effort.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Arlene Dahl? "Fucking bitch"? Really? Why her? She seems pretty classy to me. Why not a real fucking bitch like Elizabeth Taylor? Arlene is still alive, you know. Born in 1925 and still with us. Hope she takes exception to your distasteful presumption. You may respond to this comment with an apology.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story

5 stars. Brilliant incorporation of the political comment for the worst president in history. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Tripe

Typical liberal bullshit. The only ass clown is the author who can not resist maligning the only president this century to care about the country instead of the political machine. But you can not see past the media bias. And only a condecending ass would think americans do not know Outback is just another advertising gimmick

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So far a really good story. Caught the first few comments from the usual trolls that inhabit this website. Such a bunch of shitheads. They don't recognise a good story when they read it, assuming they can read which I doubt.

I love the exploration of the aftermath of a wife's infidelity and it's effect on the family.

I hope the visits to the therapist continue the story in the same vein. It's refreshing to read an infidelity story that marries how I imagine this sort of situation would go in real life. At the moment I do have sympathy for Ellen although she doesn't really deserve it. It's going to be interesting to discover why she cheated and what Rob gave her that was missing from her husband.

So far her expressions of love for her husband seem to belie that she felt there was anything missing in her marriage.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

-1 star for the simp saying it was his fault she cheated and you not telling how

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You don't love a cheating slut it lowers you

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Classic LW's tale of woe nicely done.

Enjoyable first chapter of 4. The wife confronted with her infidelity and harshly denies it until presented with the hard facts. Those facts are like a bomb going off in a cafe. They severely wound the husband and hurt the children. Looking forward to reading the next chapters. 5 stars.

EzrollinEzrollinover 3 years ago

Some of the comments border on infantile...judge the story on how it's written and not whether it's the "way" you would have written it. This installment well very well written though I'm sure it doesn't appeal to the "I want to wank it now crowd." I do enjoy eroticism but with a build up after all this is Literotica. I was going to give this chapter four stars but will give it five to counter some of the spiteful scores I'm sure were given. I do hope your political views have changed in light of what has occurred since 2018.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

right, its his fault the slut cheated on him

one star for that drivel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hilarious

There is no more superstitious fool than a "social sciences"/humanities academic. With this he guarantees he will be spending time with a feminized/feminist charlatan:

"OK," I said. "You find three names, and I'll choose one. No clergy; graduate degree in psychology or social work only." Psychology! The Queen of the "irreproducible results" sciences. Social work? A degree for people not smart enough to get an education degree.

As commenters have noted, HE beginns the ridiculous feminist "blame-spreading" begins before they even hit the counselor. Our MC is a feminized male. Very few men ever appear in the pages of LW, just weak, pathetic simulacra.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The MC is a moron let’s hope toughens up or this is going to be a crap series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My gods some of you are indignant...

Her crimes were definitely greater and yes she definitely fucked up by A. Not talking to her husband and B. Cheating. That does not mean he didn't contribute to the situation by letting the marriage get stale. Admitting that doesnt mean he deserved to be cheated on. Reconciliation is going to be pretty damned difficult anyway considering this was no one off fling.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Oh come on author, why do you make the cheating wife the victim and the husband the cause of her cheating. You make him a wussy wimp. That is just bullshit.

If the shoe was on the other foot the wife would’ve kicked to the curb in a blink and that is the Gods honest truth. See it happen plenty of times.

But you authors have to live this lie, heaven knows why?

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
This is the story of an overly reasonable man.

He's too controlled, too detached.

The only thing I can put that down to, is that he could not have been very invested in the relationship with his wife.

They are already half way to reconciliation, but in my book there would have to be extremely compelling circumstances for that. I don't see that here. So far, at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Typical story written by a female writer ....

The Slut wife cheated and betrayed her husband & the delusional author wants to lay blame on the "innocent" husband! Pathetic start which is obviously headed for RAAC/CUCK ending! Oh .... and before the "cheating WHORE wife Apologist" rush to defend Ellen answer this simple question .... "WHO lied, betrayed their wedding vows and fucked someone who was NOT their spouse???"

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

After reading eighteen months worth of comments I wanted to read this again. Comments pretty split with sbrooks103x leading the forces of good and light against Lue and SJ and the dark forces of evil. RR was standing by laughing at everyone. I'm with Mr. Brooks, as I have no sympathy, empathy, or any good wishes for cheaters. Damn them all, now and for eternity.

HenwynHenwynabout 5 years ago

Did anyone catch the quote from Hanna Arendt in the author's bio? Anyway, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Under educated American.

Just to let you know your comments about undereducated sucks. It makes you sound like a snob. I never go to outback because I know the scam. Apparently your supperior intellect does not allow you to differentiate between reality and fantasy. I guess I am speaking for the 280,000,000 that could not afford the $100,000 of dollars it cost to get an education. That does not. Ean you are smarter just because you read a few more books. It's the lesser educated American that made the world what it is. I am one of the lesser educated Americans that you refer to. So on the behalf of all of us under educated Americans that read your stories GO FUCK YOURSELF. I DID GIVE YOUR STORY A 5 STAR. Maybe if I was better educated I would have given it a 1 star for all the errors. Keep writing, but please be careful you nose is not hit by the ceiling fan. Peace,Love a d Happiness

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Powerful

Story. Cant wait to read more.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I'd like to see another story from this author

The first submission can be a bruising experience. Not just in the comments, but from one's own expectations. Writing a multi-chapter story on the fly is a daunting task. I've not yet done that. Reaching for the stars is admirable. If you don't succeed, try again. You'll get closer and closer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes, but he'is not in this story, is he?

Not everything is about him.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 6 years ago
IMO

Trump’s an asshole.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 6 years ago
I disagree

Maybe he wasn’t blameless in gaining a few pounds. But he was blameless in his wife’s decision to become a cheater and an unrepentant liar. He initially seemed to grow a pair, and then have them cut off again by the theatrics if wife. She was given a chance to tell the truth and blew it right off. Pack the suitcases and send her on her way. AMF

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
2nd time through.

Damn, this author can write great dialog. Simply brillant. Total respect. *****

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
:)

liked it second time reading to catch up for the next 2 ch. to be analytical thot the husband to be very cool headed for all them emotions running thro his brain, but anyone can poke holes in every story. very easy to read and very enjoyable

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 6 years ago
I have just one question?

why does then husband have any blame? When a man cheats, he's just a dog. when a woman cheats, everyone asks what did he do? I told a female friend of mine to look at "Unfaithful" with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. Tell me what the husband did wrong? Even the wife said nothing. so why does a husband have to take some of the blame when a wife cheats? I mean, she had the perfect life, stay at home mom, rich attentive husband and everything she could ask for, and somehow that's still not enough.

ilimitadoilimitadoabout 6 years ago
5* (again)

In prep for reading second part, I peeked at the comments. Wow. So I reread the story and liked it as much or more than the first time. One short paragraph about political things...sparks so many ugly comments. Interesting to me. In my past I was an elected official at the local level for two offices. Great experience and I recommend it to all! I am not a T supporter and felt the short comments were accurate and a very small part of the story. BUT the 'offense' taken by those who where upset...was alarming. Rodney King said long time ago in California..."Why can't we all get along?" Let's try.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4* Potential maybe

But I can't believe this piss-ant said all that bad shit about Obuma, even if its true.

cpetecpeteabout 6 years ago
Well done

nicely thought out and thoroughly fleshed out circumstances and dialogue. A real life type confrontation

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Impressive.

And not just the story,

but the comments too, lol.

Good writing, fine plot

and, to me, realistic.

Well done writer!

Top ratings from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
"Brain Dead Wives?"

Some accuse these stories of having brain dead wives.

While most here would agree that she was incredibly foolish/naive/dense to not pick up on what her husband obviously knew and wanted her to cop to, to call her "brain dead" is going a little far!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 6 years ago
political comments?

He is a professor at a US university.

There is at least a 99.9% chance that he is a liberal (most don't hire anyone but liberals).

What are the odds that a liberal will say anything but bad about a Republican President?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
it was a good read till the political shit, stopped, comments, have a nice day.

xxxxxx

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Awesome

start.

Though a liberal college professor who's anal about cooking and cleaning might be very difficult to NOT cheat on. ;)

ilimitadoilimitadoabout 6 years ago
4* Great for a rookie!

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get a Editor. You do not need one! Nope!!

I liked the story. Well written and everything I can say about writing, grammar and such...is very positive. So yes, screw the editor idea.

Keep on writing!

Crusader235Crusader235about 6 years ago
Hmm

Hmm, good interesting story but, I don't know why you had to bring the beautiful actress, Arlene Dahl, into the mess, and make her a roboshark. Looking forward to the next chapters.

dc64dc64about 6 years ago
Excellent story so far

Well paced, realistic (unlike a lot of the stories on here). Plot is building and characters are being fleshed out.

Who cares about the politics ( only you yanks are obsessed about politics !!) and in particular all the anon trumpies - pathetic bunch who have low iq and small *****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Esther Perel in Literotica

Quite an interesting story in that it captures many of the elements of current discussion by Esther Perel wrt relationships and infidelity. If interested find Ms. Perel's TED talk on "Rethinking Infidelity".

Of interest is the back and forth with the lead character and the psychologists. Perhaps lacking is a bit more of the mindset of Ellen. So far the theoretical basis has been laid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What A Wimp!

No wonder she cheated on him! It will be interesting to see if he can hold on to his balls for three more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It started pretty good, and jumped into the toilet at the end.

"Both of you girls should know that I am not blameless; your mother had reasons for what she did, which we are NOT going to go into, and I insist that you not hold this against her."

is white-knighting at its foulest. If ONE person chooses to cheat, without expressing dissatisfaction, then the other spouse IS, in fact, blameless. ONE person chose to deceive. ONE person chose to cheat. ONE person chose to lie. ONE person fucked up.

What the fuck is he trying to teach his kids with that kind of shit? That if you rob a liquor store, it's not 100% your fault? If you cheat on your taxes, blame someone else?

Granted, you don't have to drag your spouse through the mud in front of the kids, but this kind of lie to your children will NOT serve them well later in life.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Politics

Just spinning through the comment prior to reading chapter 2, when a thought occurred to me: We often see complaints about "cardboard" characters. Then, when a character is fleshed out, with real life opinions, the author gets blasted!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

"Both of you girls should know that I am not blameless; your mother had reasons for what she did, which we are NOT going to go into, and I insist that you not hold this against her."

Oh, FFS...according to their mother, her reasons were that she needed someone different. I guess you can blame him for being himself, instead of someone different, but he is who she chose to marry and have a family with, and promised to be faithful to.

likeboblikebobabout 6 years ago

Cross this one off, way too long of a wait for more parts.

oldnotdead47oldnotdead47about 6 years ago
I should know by now

Never read Part 1 of a story until all the parts are posted. Promises of frequent installments are rarely kept, especially when the author tells us that the writing is still in progress. I am NOT blaming the author. We should all know this by now. Good writing takes time and this was written well. Hopefully we'll see the remainder soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
more please !!

checking every morning..please don't make the wait too long !.....TY..stlcris

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 6 years ago
I agree: it is a good start.

No wimp cucky, no RAAC, no BTB.

I’m kinda hoping for some decent closure.

Btw, how DID he find out exactly?

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 6 years ago

Though he hasn't actually said that he forgives her, so the whole bit feels misplaced.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 6 years ago
discrepancy

It's a bit weird your distinction between the wordings of forgives me and has forgiven me, when they mean the same in context.

Your distinction would make more sense, if 'will forgive' and 'has forgiven' was juxtaposed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good start

A good start , definitely thought provoking .

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
That's OK, SB

I accept the LW use of 'consequences' as being narrower than the dictionary definition, as I also accept the LW use of 'cuckold' as narrower than the way my dictionary defines it.

And BTB is a narrower sub-grouping again -- I'd never heard the term until I discovered Literotica and the Loving Wives commentariat. It's the vengeful and violent end of consequences.

Lue

Ps; Joe, just keep your eye scanning that eastern horizon.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@luedon

Thank you for referring to the "consequences crowd," rather than "BTB."

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
@ luedon

You may as well predict that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
A prediction

Not about the story, but about the readership.

The score for this opening episode is running at 4.33 and the comments (those that are actually about the story) have been generally favourable. But nothing much has been initiated as yet, other than the discovery and first reactions to the wife's infidelity.

When the husband actually does initiate something, a sizeable proportion of the commentariat will most probably be unhappy with his actions. If he acquiesces during counselling to some form of reconciliation, that will alienate the consequences crowd. If he continues with separation through to divorce or some form of retribution on the wife and the man who led her astray, that will alienate the reconciliation crowd.

If WendyLickers second chapter proves me wrong, it will be a most considerable feather in his cap.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really good writing

I don't usually come here for my fiction reading. You sir have a gift I enjoyed the story for the pure well written craft that you put into it. I'm looking forward to the rest of it. You're talented. You need to be somewhere other than here. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow.

This husband is in CONTROL. No tears, no drunken binge and no blind rage to work out. I am surprised that he caved so quickly to counselling though but then he's understandably just treading water and trying not to drown in the chaotic seas he's been plunged into. It was also surprising that the wife so quickly accepted the blame in front of the kids but doesn't come across honestly so much as just sounding like she's saying the right things. I think (given the title) that was what you wanted to accomplish.

Congrats and thanks for a good opening and enjoyable read. 4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@SJ Apologies

Since you have SEEMED to be consistently arguing against stories where a cheater was punished, I mistakenly thought that you believed that they shouldn't be.

My mistake.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
@ sbrooks

Please don’t put words in my mouth. I have NEVER advocated for cheating. I’ve never written a story where a cheater got away with it. I’ve never commented that cheating is a good thing. Stop projecting your biases onto me, please and thank you.

My problem with “consequences” stories is that they’re incredibly dull and predictable. It’s a “dog bites man” news story. Cheaters are SUPPOSED to be punished in some way. Any time anything happens in a story that is supposed to happen, it’s predictable and boring. What on earth is the point?

Case in point: a new story was posted today about a wife having sex with her husband. It’s a cute little scene. Well-written. Nothing wrong with it. But what’s the point? Wives are supposed to have sex with their husbands! The number one rule of Loving Wives should be: extramarital sex or the temptation of extramarital sex.

Extramarital sex is exciting because it’s taboo. You aren’t supposed to have sex outside of your marriage. That’s what makes it interesting and exciting and dangerous.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
@Sbrooks

I’ve published a couple of stories in which the husband doesn’t find out about the wife’s one-night stand, and a lot of people didn’t care for those at all. Then I added a sequel where the guy who screwed the wife got assaulted and seriously, permanently injured, though I never specified that it was the husband from the story who made the attack, and a lot of readers liked it.

Another sequel has the wife usingwhat she learned in her one nighter to improve Hersey life with her husband; that got better responses, but a lot of people were still unhappy that she ‘got away with it.’

I do try for variety, though I don’t think I could write a good BTBitch story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: Morality

I agree with you! I also read these stories to be entertained.

Because I disapprove of adultery, and want those who commit to pay some sort of consequence (in most cases), I and those like me are derided by lue and others as some sort of "morality brigade" who are out of line reading stories in a category, then being angry at the characters who commit adultery.

I answer by saying that I like watching Law and Order, SVU, knowing that there will be people committing heinous crimes, who I will be angry at. I don't think that anyone would tell me that if rape and other forms of sexual assault bother me that I shouldn't watch the show! The entertainment value for me, and I'm sure most of the fans, is how the crime is set-up, and how the crime is solved and the criminal prosecuted.

Similarly, my entertainment in LW is derived from how the (usually) wife tries to pull off her affair, how her husband finds out about it, and how he deals with it.

I believe that for lue and her crowd, the entertainment is found in the fun of the illicit sex, and are upset when the poor wife, who was "only looking for some fun," is chastised by my group.

So you see the inherent conflict in that we are simply looking for different things in these stories.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Between Lue and SB:

I’ll admit to not understanding the morality complaints, when these stories are in a category devoted to adultery by wives. LW stories seem to have the widest readership of any section here (judging reader views of my stories in here, romance and EC), so writing here is definitely writing to the audience.

For me, I want to be entertained by these stories, and I’m very entertained by the comments. I just don’t take these stories all that seriously. I’ll admit to having taken some comments too seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Looking forward to Chapter Two

Don't know what your score is, and I don't care. You sure have scored highly with the number of comments. Congratulations!

I am curious to see where you go with this.

Totally swept past your political injections. Third read through -- oh, there they are! Strikes me as good literary story ornamentation. Disturbing to see how quickly the thin skinned Trump people get their panties in a bunch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The only smart comment so far by the resident windbags is

People are free to like what they want - FFS, some people voted 5* and even favorited illiterate nonsense by Huecuck2 and others like him; however, it doesn't mean it is any good.

As for politics, it is no surprise that many of those same voters also voted for the orange shitgibbon, and are now crying about the political opinions of this protagonist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Chapter II Please!

A very promising first chapter from a debuting author who writes rather well.

Does Ellen deserve a second chance? Personally, I would say no. The husband gave her chance after chance to come clean, she threw it back in his face, and when she was found out, the first thing out her mouth was ‘how did you find out?’ The thing is, the trust is gone. Even as a reader, I cannot tell whether Ellen is genuinely repentant, or just trying to ride out the storm.

Realistically, they would divorce. But then of course, there are the young daughters to consider.

Eagerly anticipating Chapter II.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@luedon

I would hope that it's obvious that simply talking with another man is okay, as long as it's JUST talking, not planning a rendezvous!

I don't see any problems with lunch, again, as long as it's JUST lunch, not a prelude to something else.

As to a boyfriend, I still see no particular problem, though I would expect hubby to be told about it. There ARE other factors to consider. Is this an ex who broke up with her, that she has maybe carrying a torch for? Is it an ex that SHE dumped, who is maybe trying to get her back? Once again, is it JUST lunch or something more?

I simply can't see a grey area with cheating. By it's very name, it's wrong. Can a teacher ever accept a student cheating on an exam? IF there is a "good" reason to have sex outside the marriage, then there should be no reason to hide the sex, i.e. cheat! So, yes, even if a wife (or husband) has a "good" reason for their cheating, I still see it as wrong. To repeat myself, a spouse should be able to say, because you have done "X," I feel that I have a right to have sex outside our marriage. If they feel that they can't do that, then they need to find another way to deal with their issue.

To use a common LW situation, the wife who "needs" more sex than her husband can provide. Now, she can be honest and explain that to her husband, and get his permission to take lovers, and not cheat. Probably not likely. She can encourage her husband to use more oral sex, fingers and toys to give her multiple orgasms prior to intercourse. She can masturbate and use toys on herself.

If all else fails, and she MUST have more intercourse than her husband can provide, she can go back to option one. If hubby agrees, great! If not, then she asks for a divorce! He asks why. Well, you won't let me have lovers, and I won't cheat on you, so we must part.

To cheat is the classic "have her cake and eat it too." She wants the comfort and security of a marriage without making the fidelity commitment that a marriage requires.

Your "freedom" to not ask permission to fuck whomever you want was lost when you said your wedding vows. Note, if you and your spouse have different vows, then all bets are off, but again, in that situation it's NOT cheating!

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Ah dear, SB, we could both regret it.

And the bystanders may regret it even more.

I don't disagree with what you say in your comment. The problem with this type of discussion is that we speak in absolutes where the situations are much much more complex and nuanced.

I am probably more extreme than Joe in my starting point. Freedom to me means not having to ask permission to do something. As well as that, I always prefer to know the reasons why somebody took a course of action before making a judgement about that action. Even when I consider an action to be wrong, I believe there's a better chance of corrective action if we understand the reasons.

On the other hand, I don't like seeing people hurt and I understand that what one person may see as OK another may see as betrayal. 'Cheating' is defined through the eyes of the cheated upon.

Should a wife ask a husband's permission before she talks with another man? If she wants to have lunch with him? What about if he's an ex-boyfriend? What about if she wants to go to bed with him? Is there a line below which it's not cheating and above which it is? Could there be reasons which make each one OK sometimes but not others?

Rightly or wrongly, I see you as making moral decisions regardless of the reasons. You come across to me in your comments as having a black and white view of morality where I see no black, no white, only a wide range of colours.

Lue

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@luedon Comments

I KNOW I'm going to regret this, but I can't let some of your comments go unanswered.

"There is no doubt that a wife or husband who secretly commits adultery in the clear expectation that his or her spouse will be hurt by the infidelity has done wrong." - Is there any way for a husband or wife to secretly commit adultery and NOT have a clear expectation that the spouse will be hurt? Any HALFWAY sane person KNOWS that their spouse will be hurt by the infidelity!

"Joe comes from a standpoint that accepts people having a range of models they call a marriage and that's OK." - Actually, I DON'T have a different standpoint! I have no issue with couples who choose TOGETHER to have some form of alternative relationship. My issue is with one party, and in the LW world it is usually the wife, deciding for themselves that they are going to alter the model. I happen to believe this is cheating and is wrong, and you and Joe consistently try to defend it as "just another model."

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 6 years ago
Political issue?

The author used a situation where the husband was totally despondent with his wife's cheating and was reading the morning paper;

"We didn't talk anymore after that. When the coffee was ready, I took a cup into my office (what had been the spare bedroom) and drank it, reading the morning's news. Not much was really new; the president was still an unhinged assclown, and his party was still blithely providing political cover for his indiscretions, while figuring out ever more astonishing ways to further enrich the .01%."

Whats wrong with that situation in real life? We have a president working on his third divorce and he has willingly admitted to his cheating life style on television so whats political about that - it's just him? Sorry I just can't resist the Trumpets defense of that scumbag.

LostriderLostriderabout 6 years ago
Good start

Not a bad start good character build up. You’ve got a good pace going. A couple of typos but not bad keep it going. Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I agree about the political BS remarks

Just shows the state of our so called higher education institution and the garbage they are filling our young people heads with. Stick to your story. Forget the rest of it

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Hmm... I'm thinking a better *final* comment for him would have been...

"If you say so... but I do love you."

I'd only leave the part where he says he loves her in because HE does...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
drop it

The socialist overtones are unneeded. Sure this is a story about a screwed up Democrat couple, but you need not bring in the politics - unless you are just looking for another method of turning readers against you. Remember, half of the people who read this voted for good "ol' orange hair" over the proven liar and cheat hippocrit that your party pushed to the front of the stage over the communist underdog (who should have won the primary - if it wasn't fixed).

Besides, you have plenty of opportunities to provoke the readership in the unrealistic way you "raise their children" (in the story, not that you could actually do any parenting with all your socialist committees and such; Besides, doesn't the community raise the children? so why bring them into the story at all?).

just more BS, surprised she doesn't get an abortion to add the political soapbox for that lagerhead.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
Don't do that

Don't say this is your last chance thing and don't follow up with it. That already sets an annoying tone for the story. Now everyone knows this is will be RAAC, so like someone else already mentioned you will have an uphill battle in the comments for this story. Make the reconciliation worthy and I'm sure this is will be a great series. This already looks like a pretty good story so far.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 6 years ago
Not seeing the “political” in this story

Great start. I’m a conservative curmudgeon, nothing in the story is out of line politically, imho. People finding political everywhere is tiresome.

rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 6 years ago
I'm a little late to the party here...

But for a first effort in LW you're doing very well. The plot and dialogue is very good. A great start!

I do agree with the recent comment about leaving politics out of your story. Really doesn't add to the plot line and polarizes your readers. If I was editing that's probably the first thing I would comment on. And then the change in the feel of the initial confrontation dialogue to something not quite as serious as what came before and after. Didn't really fit.

And almost 200 comments (no, I didn't read them) in a coupla days! Some of the established writers don't get a tenth of that attention!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Inserting politics

As much as people love to insert their politics, it's always a bad idea, especially in a story told from the first person perspective. It's viewed as the author's politics (which, frankly, it probably is) and then it colors the perception of the entire story.

Did Dan deserve it? Well, given his likely pretentious and intentionally ignorant nature? Yes, he did. So does Ellen. And of course, neither do. That's the stupidity of even asking.

The story reads like so many other "I accept responsibility because I'm a progressive man." stories and that's a tired road. Of course, so is the 'burn that whore!' road. You write what you want.

But by inserting politics, you alienate a significant number of your readers for no reason; the cracks about the president and his party and helping the .01%, while they could apply to any president and their party, will seem to apply (and perhaps appropriately) to the current president, but they don't serve the story in any way, other than to make half your readers dislike Dan. Next time I recommend leaving them out unless they're 1) particularly necessary for that story or 2) particularly necessary to that character, neither of which is true in this story. Just cut out the excess of unnecessary crap. It doesn't make the character feel fleshed out; in fact it made this character feel like he lost a dimension.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
profile

Fill it in. For description in stories is one thing but blanks on profile says a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

First she knew she was caught when he told her not to go out or the marriage was over and if she didn’t realize it than she is just plain dumb because they supposedly loved each in a great marriage. Two she calls the guy and based on that conversation in front of hubby showed that they spoke about there marriages and the asked if she’s ok . What was he going to be her knight and come save her. Third she only want to save her marriage because now she’s caught other wise she could care less about her hubby and family. This dick was away from his family and found the perfect cheating pig to fuck eveywhich way possible. Fourth she says she doesn’t want people to know which is a lie she gets caught on right there because he calls her on the friend knowing and her sister and the other girl who she was supposedly going out with would also have to know Incase he started asking them questions. Lastly of what I’m remembering is after their daughter revealed the text and what it said would’ve been the cherry on top knowing she read that . He’s way to calm and to me it’s obvious that they will stay married but I hope I’m wrong. It may be childish but the guys wife would definitely have all and any I’ve had on the affair. He would have to suffer just as bad as I was . I’m way to jealous and stubborn to stay married to her and counciling would just piss me off more with all the details and excuses coming out . He’s already taking blame that he never should because there is no excuse. What he put weight on or they only had the same old sex. Well she should’ve got creative if she felt like cheating. Her husband would’ve enjoyed it and it would only trigger more new sex but instead she chose another cheating scumbag and of course it’s exciting different and new. I’m sure her husband would’ve enjoyed a younger tighter bigger tits and tight pussy for a couple of months. Every time she lied or snuck around to fuck homage took away from her kids and hubby and there is no one in the world who could come up with a excuse that is acceptable. The guy texted her are you getting away from hubby and kids because he wants more of her sweet pussy and her teen daughter had to read that. Some examples she set for her girls. I would’ve called off going to counseling right there, no chance after that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

why no repercussions for male involved-at least inform his wife

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

GREAT STUFF VERY ENJOYABLE,LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE CHAPTERS,UNFORTUNATELY YOUR NEVER GOING TO SATISFY ALL COMMENTERS SOME JUST AINT HAPPY UNLESS YOU BTB RATHER THAN HAVING A REALISTIC APPROACH OR ALTERNATIVELY HAVING ELEPHANTINE COCKS ENTERING THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY...JUST5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent

Very impressed. Great story that gets to the real nub of broken trust and betrayal and the realisation of what really matters in a relationship. Can’t wait for the rest of the story.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 6 years ago
Good Start

Some one spoke of DQS. Please don't drag this or any other story out like he does. It took like 2.3 years to get the last book of WWWM out to us to read and he is no were near the end.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@SystemShock

Your ID doesn't accept feedback.

Could you please send me a address where I can contact you?

Thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@SJ Re: Challenges

Re: non-brainless BTB: You brought up BTB, then decided to expand the discussion to ALL cheating wives (a common tactic of yours, BTW!). Yes, not all cheating wives are brainless, but MOST cheating wives subjected to BTB at least ACT brainless! Case in point, RG's "The Bridge," which wasn't actually BTB by the way! The wife in question certainly wasn't brainless, but she had to have taken leave of her senses to treat her husband the way she did. It's been a long while since I read DQS, but if my memory isn't failing me, (a definite possibility!) his stories were rarely BTB. Again, many disagree on just what is a BTB. I've seen stories where the husband simply divorced his wife with a 50-50 split, and the story was called BTB in many comments.

Re: Cuck - I'm sorry, that example you gave ISN'T cuck, at least as most here would define it.

Joe, either you are doing your usual schtick, or you're making the mistake that less experienced readers make re: RAAC and Reconciliation.

The whole point of RAAC is the "At Any Cost" piece. The wife DOESN'T "grovel and beg!" In a RAAC, the cheating wife (OR husband!), is welcomed back into the spouse's loving arms while doing nothing to earn/deserve the reconciliation. Of COURSE there is cheating in ANY reconciliation, RAAC or not. My point about "mature adults" was in response to your challenge to have a RAAC with mature adults discussing things in a rational manner, and my point was if they were that kind of couple the cheating wouldn't have happened! They would have TALKED about those "valid reasons" you mentioned; and you're RIGHT it WOULD be a boring story! But you can't have it both ways! They can't be not mature enough to discuss the problems BEFORE cheating, then suddenly blossom into mature adults.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous