Mating Rituals Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They approached the altar where Karen and Frank stood next to each other, sharing loving sideways glances as the priest began the service. It moved swiftly, the vows were said, they were pronounced husband and wife and before Cherie knew it, her best friend was married. Then she was holding her corsage as Karen signed the register and then she signed as a witness. She was then walking out of the church alongside Al and behind the happy married couple. It seemed to be such a long and involved preparation for such a short but apparently important formality. Not for the first time Cherie wondered if marriage was really worth it.

The happy couple and Cherie and Al were driven away to a beautiful stream and forest area for photographs, then, after sipping glasses of champagne, they were driven to the reception where they entered and were escorted to the top table. The food was delicious, wine was superb and speeches were kept mercifully short and as non-offensive as wedding speeches can be in this day and age. Then the dance band arrived and Frank led Karen onto the floor for the first waltz. After a short time the music stopped, the couple parted, Karen walked to Al and led him onto the floor while Frank took Cherie in his arms. The music started and Cherie found herself being whisked across the floor by Frank, who she realized was an excellent dancer. They moved as one, his body pressed against hers so closely that she could feel his hard cock against her crotch.

"Even though I'm married, I love you darling. Feel how sexy you make me when you're pressed against my body," he whispered into Cherie's ear.

"Ooohhh, you naughty boy," Cherie chided jokingly, "And you a married man. Whatever will your wife think?"

"She'd probably expect it, and more, judging by what she told me of last night."

Cherie felt her face flush. "Yes, that was fun."

The music stopped and she knew she was expected to dance with Karen's father, which she did. He was nowhere near as competent as Frank and held her at arms' length, making it that much more difficult go move fluidly. However, after that her duties for the day were nearly finished and she was free to dance with whoever she chose, or whoever chose her. She turned to look for someone and almost ran headlong into Al, who asked if she would dance with him.

"Of course, darling," she replied, flushing again as she realized she had used the endearment for the first time with Al. He appeared not to notice. Al also was an excellent dancer and together they enjoyed several more of the older dances before the band increased the tempo for the younger set, but not before Cherie felt Al's hard cock pressing reassuringly into her crotch. Al and Cherie retired to their seats and sat away from the band so they could talk while Cherie tried to work out a plan to ensure their future together, or at least to give themselves a chance to fall in love.

The old folks began departing around 9pm, after which the party started in earnest. Cherie found she was a popular dance partner and would no sooner finish one bracket with a young guy than another would lead her onto the floor. She didn't have the chance to dance again with Al nor to talk a great deal to him. Was this how their budding romance was to end, she wondered.

At 11pm Karen and Frank departed amidst much revelry and ribald comments. Before they left they thanked Cherie and Al for their assistance and also thanked Cherie for house sitting for them. Karen threw her corsage and, even though she threw it directly towards Cherie, a tall skinny girl plucked it from the air before it reached her. Then they were gone to the bridal suite of the best hotel in town before flying south tomorrow afternoon. After waving goodbye, and wondering if she would ever be a bride, Cherie turned to look for Al but he was nowhere to be seen. After a short time she also quietly departed and returned to Frank and Karen's deserted house, where she slept in the big bed – alone.

The next week went by quietly and slowly. Cherie had time to relax, to read and to just take some time for herself. She tried to contact Al but he didn't return her calls. Each evening she spent time in the playroom on the Sybian, about the best way to spend time here alone, she found. Eventually the week alone was over and Karen and Frank arrived home relaxed, happy, sun-bronzed and married. Although they both told her that being married made no difference to their relationship with Cherie, she felt uncomfortable about sleeping in their bed on their first night back so slept in a guest bedroom.

"I'm going home," she told Karen at breakfast the next morning, "I've spent an extra week away and I really feel a bit homesick. So I plan to leave this afternoon and drive half way tonight then the remainder tomorrow."

Karen and Frank were upset that she was leaving so soon but understood her viewpoint and thanked her for everything she had done to assist with the wedding and keeping the house safe.

"Well, that was a pleasure. Thank you both for the love and love-making and the fun we had in the playroom. I'll have to come visit you in future and we can do that some more."

"Yes, please do that, any time, there's always a bed here for you, your own or share ours."

Cherie walked to her room, head down, tears trickling from the corners of her eyes. She felt sorry for herself, a strange emotion that she couldn't quite put her finger on. What had happened that made her feel so – what? Sad? Uncertain? Lonely! That was it, she was lonely. She realized how much store she had placed on continuing a relationship with Al, but seemingly to no avail. She reached her room and began putting her clothes and belongings into her case. She picked up her cellphone and noticed there was a text – from Al. She felt her heart beat faster, then sink once more. He'd probably just forgotten something or had something unimportant to tell her. She opened the text and read:

'Darling Cherie – I can call you darling because that's what you called me. I've been trying to get you out of my mind but find I cannot. I hope you're still staying with Frank and Karen and get this before you leave. I went home but couldn't get you out of my thoughts, so I've returned and would very much like to see you again. Please contact me so we can meet for a coffee or something. If you do not wish to see me again, I'll understand. You have your life and I have mine. I had hoped they may combine, but perhaps that is not to be. I'll look forward to your reply. Al xx'

Cherie's heart leapt, her pulse racing. He wanted to meet her, wanted to go out with her maybe, perhaps even marry her. She quickly wiped the last thought from her mind; far too soon to think those sorts of things. She pressed 'Reply' and stared at the screen, wondering what to write; unsure even now whether to accept or decline his offer.

'Al, thanks for your text. It really took me by surprise.' she began, then stopped. Should she use 'darling' or would that simply encourage him? Did she feel that he was her darling? What to say next? She thought of her past boyfriends and fiancé once again, thought of the love she had felt and the losses she had suffered; the highs and lows. Were the highs worth the lows? Was the possibility of another high worth the possibility of another low? Could she live without another high? Could she stand another low? What to do; what to do? She sat on her bed and thought. Finally she picked up her phone again . . ..

To be continued