Maturing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harry was about to shower ready to go out when Jess called.

"I'm sorry to do this at such late notice but I have to cancel dinner with you this evening."

Ah he thought not all that disappointed. She had received a better offer.

"Daddy has called an emergency meeting of directors and I have to attend."

He said that was fine and some other time then and she just sighed and said sorry.

Gee that woman needed lessons on verbalizing.

He called Natalie.

"Hi what are you doing?"

"I'm in the bath shaving."

"What pussy?"

She giggled and said she was shaving her legs.

He knew she clipped around her vulva.

"I'm at a loose end. Jess has been called in to the office for a meeting."

She replied calmly, "I'm not sure I like being a backstop."

"Well please yourself. I'll see you Monday."

"Wait I'm sorry and it was I who told you to back off some weeks ago. Why don't you come round here? My roommates are going to a club. Come within the next hour and we can all have a drink together."

"Okay. Don't cut yourself. I don't go near pussy if I see blood."

Natalie said scathingly, "God Harry. You can be so disgusting at times."

"Sorry."

She said saying sorry was unacceptable.

"Dear Nat. Please accept my apologies. I reverted to gutter humor that was way out from being acceptable to decent people."

"Oooh, that's a fulsome apology I can accept. Thank you Harry."

Tina and Maria, who were lovers, were both plump and good looking and greeted Harry warming and Maria said, "We're glad you have reappeared. Natalie hasn't had a decent date since she was last with you. She mopes about you."

Harry glanced at Natalie and she was studying the ceiling.

He grinned and looked back at her just as she looked at him. Her blush was huge.

After sex on the sofa Natalie returned from the bathroom to find Harry had made coffee and they sat talking until they were rested enough to go our for a meal.

Over dinner she said she was thinking of returning home where she could assist her father to run his big general store.

"But you can't, I need you here."

She smiled and said family ties came ahead of a guy who wanted nothing more than someone to have sex with.

Harry had no answer to that and sighed and said he'd miss her.

"Really?"

"Yes really. I'm beginning to feel you are becoming part of my life."

At that it was Natalie who appeared to have no answer.

"Really?" he said. To cover her confusion she kissed Harry and told him to get ready to go to dinner.

* * *

Next morning the CEO called a full meeting and chairman Geoffrey Jenkins announced that the company had signed a heads of agreement document to merge with Legwear United Corporation.

"We need to this to ensure our survival in a very competitive market place," he said. "United is a company about 20% larger in turnover than us but is not very profitable. It will be merged into our operation here. I regret to say a number of people in both companies will be left without jobs but to ease the pain we will first ask personnel in both companies to offer to take voluntary redundancy. Those whose resignation offers are accepted will receive an incentive payment above entitlements of $5000 per worker or $12,000 per manager."

Natalie said to Harry as they left the meeting she would resign and return home.

"I'm staying unless they fire me," he said. "I want you to stay."

She looked stunned and didn't reply.

Later Harry was called to Geoffrey Jenkins' office.

"Well Harry I guess this merger has come as a bit of a shock?"

"Yes indeed," Harry smiled, expecting to be offered a more senior position in the expanded operation.

"I'm afraid we have to let you go Harry. Once the merger takes place next week we'll have more managers than we know what to do with. You'll get your $12,000 incentive payment when you hand in your resignation."

"I'll leave this evening."

"Thank you Harry. That's all."

As he prepared to leave an hour early that evening Harry told the girls he'd been fired. They were shocked and wept as he kissed them all and Natalie hugged him the hardest.

Jess wasn't in her office so he couldn't say goodbye to her. He went to HR to sign off and picked up his brown envelop and left.

Two hours later Natalie arrived. He'd thought she would, wanting to comfort him in bed.

They didn't make the bedroom. In fact they fell to the floor as he kicked the door closed.

"Fuck Legs R Better in Stockings," Natalie said as she straightened the tops of her hold-ups and laughed when Harry said he just had.

"God you are so rude."

At the restaurant she toasted Harry when their drinks arrived.

"Here's to us. What do you intend doing?"

"I'll move on."

"To where?"

"Dunno."

Natalie smiled and said good. "Then come home with me and let's find our future. I resigned before leaving this evening and received my incentive payment. I'm going home and want you with me."

Harry looked into her green eyes and said gravely, "That's an offer I cannot refuse Nat. I feel we have a great future together because we think beyond fucking."

"Oooh. Are we maturing?"

THE END