All Comments on 'Mercy Date'

by fgmntfmgnshn

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 11 years ago
Interesting

Well-conceived and written, but I'm honestly not sympathetic to Kylie. She falls in love with Barrett, but as far as I can tell she doesn't actually grow up. *shrug* In any case, it was a good read. Bravo! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
style 5 stars

I loved how the story was written. The main charecter was very dissapointing thought she was just a selfish bitch. AW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A romance

has to have a reason why one person becomes attracted to another.

In this story, I don't see that. The communications just isn't there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
By passedd it twice.

In doing my daily survey of the latest stories, I by passed this one twice. Shame on me. I am so glad I went back and read it as it is one of the best reads I have had in a while. Keep up the good work. John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I think this story was well written, but Kylie was such an unsympathetic selfish bitch that I didn't want Barrett to end up with her - he deserved better than that nasty foulmouthed twunt.

islandqtislandqtabout 11 years ago
nice guy

not so nice girl. I wish something else would have happened to her to help her realize that she is a fake bitch but it was still a good story. I just don't completely believe her transformation. and yes he can do waaaay better.

gravyruggravyrugabout 11 years ago
The end was a bit too Hollywood

What with the eternal declarations of love and all. Up till then it was a pretty decent story, a good reversal of the mercy date scenario. Oh, and the stalking, and home invasion, and unasked-for sexual assault (even if he did actually want it, that wasn't a good way to go about things). Give Kylie a bit more time to grow up and learn how to be a good person before the hot sex and eternal love, and this could turn into a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I don't usually...

I don't usually read romantic stories written from the female perspective, but this one was exceptional. Good job. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
its too hollywo0d

And the shes a materialistic bitc

And by the way what da fuck man 'w0nderfuj t0night?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wonderful

Write another one with a similar plotline but different characters in a different setting/place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Like Barrett..

...but i hate girls like Kylie.

Cool story and I have met many girls like Kylie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bitch alert!

Can you say shallow and self centered? Why would he want a girl like her?

rohit7785rohit7785over 9 years ago
nice :)

nice story...

But certainly not one of best...

Gal was pretty immature... Like her mum said...

And somehow... I found that the story ended too quickly... however... Way better than i can write.. EVER... As i simply cant write.. ;)

Thanks for a good story :

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just No

I'd say it was too unbelievable, but I didn't even want to believe. She's a shallow skank and her 'transformation' was lame. If he loved her he had to be a complete idiot and he'll deserve the crap he lives with until he catches her cheating on him with five or six of his coworkers and finds out the divorce laws in his state suck...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Good story keep it going

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
he's a nice guy

why would he want to be with her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

i get it , dude has lived next door to her for most of his life.

i guess the Author could have played that up a little more than was done.

but it was spelled out clearly .. he has been taking thier trash out since he was a little kid , been clearing thier drive & sidewalk & mowing thier lawn since he was old enough to do it ... it should be obvious that he was not doing it for money ... but because he has a crush on K. since he was little.

cliche but true .. love is blind

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
okay

barrett singing that corny song to kylie's ear was weird and awkward, made barrett seem like a creep and a weirdo. the rest was okay. should've have ditched singing to ear though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
anyone can change

Kylie is a bitch but hey anyone can change. have you ever seen the show beauty and the geek its a good show

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Sloppy but predictable ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
As a true geek, this was my kind of story!

Why this never happened to me although I’ve always thought it would in high school, I will never know. Excellent geek story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kylie the Twat!

Barrett deserved a lot better than the selfish,self centered twat Kylie! She obviously had screwed lots of guys and she was even out of high school.Plus she she seemed adept at a 2nd language,profanity. Considering that Barrett was smart,ambitious,well-mannered,and respected by people who matter,I found it hard to believe that he'd fall for the uncouth Kylie. Simply put,she was a scheming turd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hmmm

Right up to the last minute she’s manipulating him, and he falls for it? She screws him and essentially says, “ Ok, you fucked me, are you going to dump Natalie?” Hell no! Crawl back out the window, bitch!

DeerhunterdwDeerhunterdwover 2 years ago

It’s close to being great it needs a rewrite with a little more depth to make this perfect. I just wish this story was a little longer seemed a little rushed.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Romantic as heck.

10/10!!!!!

siddy4usiddy4ualmost 2 years ago

Why is the teen protagonist in literotica romance stories always such a fucking simp?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It doesn't feel right.

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 year ago

Story was good but it seemed to be rushed. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So Kylie is crazy, and her mom is way too hands on with her meddling, but this was still a good read. My only complaint about the story is that it was so short. The character growth felt rushed, which makes Kylie's 180 feel less like emotional growth and more like her just being super horny and manipulative while going in for the kill. Very nice quick read, but I'd love to have seen this stretched out across the entire summer break, a slow burn that finally comes to a head at the end of the summer as they go to college together. Still, that aside, very good read, just wish there was more of it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

well written, especially from Kylie's bitchy persona. Just hard to believe someone like Barret would fall for her.

KnightofmindKnightofmind8 months ago

Kylie is an unsympathetic childish character who exhibits no personal growth beyond an appreciation of being treated kindly, reverently and with class. She doesn't deserve Barret and though he may love her as she is now? She will one day cheat on him. Barret should hold out for someone with character.

shadrachtshadracht7 months ago

Good to great buildup, although Kylie remains a vapid and shallow person throughout - continuing to play her games without just being open and honest. The biggest drawback was just the ending felt very rushed. Just suddenly it was done.

anchorman021anchorman02117 days ago

Barrett is a great guy that Kylie doesn't deserve ... so, future chapters would be needed to expand on her growth or to prove her shallow personality ... the depiction of Barrett as a class guy was on point

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous