Meretrix Augusta

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As if I would have. She teased my nipples with her fingers and kissed me again. We pleasured eachother then, drinking from one another's chalice like we had traveled through the desert. Once we had climaxed she rose and, not bothering to clothe herself, strode into the palace. I followed her example and trailed her as a servant should.

It was like stepping into another world. After being a street walker so long, to suddenly be dwelling in the luxury of the royal palace was an incredible change. The empress took a special interest in me and we became very close, I actually did very little in the way of serving. I soon discovered that Messalina was more wonderfully promiscuous than I could ever have anticipated.

She neglected many of her duties as empress, leaving them to other authorities. She also had children whom she rarely saw, just a means of securing her position. Instead she was obsessed with the way of harlotry. When not in the public eye we both wore little and she seemed to survive the politics and intrigues of Rome by trading her body for favours. Every day I would follow her as she went to this high priest's, that senator's or this noble's estate where she inevitably ended up sleeping with them. Often she wandered the palace naked, a train of prostitutes serving as attendants following her.

Yet as weeks passed I was to learn swiftly that, although Lilitu, she still held on to a vicious sense of ambition that was bred into all roman nobles. Never was this made more clearer to me than when she dealt with the consul Asiaticus.

"Dear consul, I am so grateful you took the time to see me." My empress sat beside the water fountain and admired the famed Gardens of Lucullus hungrily. She wore a sheer gown that hid little, as she intended. I remained free of such constrictions. Messalina claimed I was a slave that caught her eye and could not bear such beauty to be covered. Whilst Messalina's attire was considered scandalous, my nakedness was simply natural to my rank.

"The pleasure is all mine my dear." Asiaticus seated himself at the bench beside her. Most men would steal glances at her breasts, but Asiaticus kept his firmly on Messalina's eyes. Inwardly I sighed. Despite our many gifts of seduction there were always some who resisted us, who simply refused to face their true selves. I thought it a shame, for although getting on in years he was not that unhandsome. "What can I do for you?"

We had just come after 'debating' with the ambassador of Gaul. A debate that left us both wanting more and a content ambassador promising higher income. Hearing of Asiaticus' revamped pleasure gardens Messalina chose this as the next destination.

"Well, sweet consul. It is hard being an empress, and as I am sure you have heard I have needs that takes many a man to fulfill." Smiling she pulled up the thin dress and opened her thighs, "Would you be so kind as to help contribute to my demands, a happy empress is a happy emperor, after all."

I could not help but wince as she did this. Did she not see that he could not be seduced? That he was too locked away in his arrogance and delusion of self righteousness to understand his true nature? I could only watch helplessly when Asiaticus awkwardly declined, leading Messalina into a fit of screeching fury. She stormed away, me following in tow. Whilst most servants would have kept quiet, I dared speak to her in her current temper. We were both the only ones of our kind we knew so I figured she would never harm me, "There are always a few we cannot reach, Messalina." I was the only one she allowed to address her by name.

"Yes, and they are a danger to us!" She stopped and spun to face me on the marble steps leaving the garden, "Those we cannot reach will always fear and hate us, will always seek to destroy us."

I shrugged, "I guess that is why we are such secretive creatures. It cannot be helped." I saw it was the wrong answer. The ambitions she had been reared to possess as a noble still remained with her, it was something she had yet to let go of, "No, those who oppose us must be crushed. I will allow no obstacle to my path." Her path as Lilitu or as empress, I thought but did not say, "He is a consul is he not, and a popular one if my clients are to be believed. What can you do?"

At this, Messalina's took on a mischievous smile, even when angry and conniving she was beautiful, "Remember that uptight bitch Poppaea Sabina?"

I did. Just the thought of her made me angry. An utter hypocrite. Whilst she had secret lovers she acted as though she was above the empress in reputation. She was one of those women who convinced themselves they were content to be no more than high class livestock. Raised to be subjugated by men and to obey their whims, to act as they demand and spawn their brats, ignoring the adulteries they committed on the side. Such short-sighted fools infuriated me. I nodded to Messalina who grinned, "She will be the key."

3: My Sister

I witnessed the Emperor Claudius soon after. Messalina suffered semi-acceptable clothing for the occasion and she gave a tearful account of how she had discovered Asiaticus' adulterous relationship with Sabina. The emperor was a stuttering, oafish looking man who acted as such, but I saw through the charade and saw his fear to act on the news. It was his adviser Senator Rufus, no doubt realising there was a fortune to be had, that convinced him to act and sentence Asiaticus to death.

Messalina confiscated the gardens for herself. She gleefully sent Sabina an offer, either she could accept exile, or become a famosa, a courtesan of high caliber. "I gave her an excellent offer." Messalina said bitterly as she read Sabina's reply, "She would have been a whore of the highest order in this city. Pampered and wealthy and spoilt for men to choose from."

I did not need to ask what Sabina's decision was. "When is Asiaticus to be executed?" Messalina tutted, "Wretch did the 'honourable' thing an opened his veins. Suicide." "Suicide." I echoed, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Whilst this city applauded disgraced aristocrats who did the 'honourable' thing such a thought was vile to Messalina and I. To live was to experience new sensation, to choose death was to lose that. It went against what we were as Lilitu. Sleeping with Messalina at night, I learned he was not the first noble who refused her and met a nasty end. Her own step father was one such unfortunate soul, as such her mother refused to speak with her.

I suddenly felt weary of this city, of the palace, of its intrigues. It had been a few months now. My loins ached with need, I yearned to be back in the streets again, working as diabolares, caring for nothing but the next phallus. Somehow being fucked by filthy lowlives for two grimy coins felt more honest and clean than pleasuring these primped and slimy children playing at being men. My thighs grew slick at the thought of the drunken beggars out there who could be in me as we spoke.

Messalina noticed my arousal at once. "Forgive me sister." I flushed with emotion for her, both hurt and elated. That she saw me as a sister touched me, but to me she was much more than that. I noticed how I was becoming more enamoured of her the more I followed her. Since my awakening I had always been enflamed, but watching the way she moved so gracefully set me alight like no other. To one such as I it was poetry the way she worked on her clients, satisfying them utterly. On the occasions when she prostituted me to an official I strove to reach her level. With the emperor usually away on business, we fucked together and slept together on the days we did sleep, in eachother's arms. I relished those moments more than any other.

She rose and embraced me, "It must be hard enduring the political life, filled with the cares of mortals, when you should be living as Lilitu, satisfying our simple yet complex tastes." She kissed me.

"We both should be living as Lilitu. Let us descend to the streets together, we can fuck and feed all night and return come the morn."

Messalina kissed me again and took me to the balcony. I briefly noted the starry sky, a cold uncaring vista, and took in the twinkling stars of the city torches instead. She pointed to a building in the distance, "You see that?" When I nodded she continued, "That is my lupanar, one of many I own, in fact."

I blinked in surprise and regarded her, "Should the empress own such things? It could ruin you if it is discovered."

She chuckled, "Messalina the empress does not own it, I have various alias'. Go there, tell them Lycisca sent you and do not return until morning. I have to appease my husband tonight anyway. I think you will find the place to your liking." Although I did not wish to leave her, my need drove me to obey. I made for the lupanar she had indicated.

It was like no other. I knew at once that it had been designed to be more like a temple than a brothel. The thick incense, the figurettes of the mysterious deity, they all reminded me of the makeshift temple I had created at my first home. Messalina was a strict mistress who expected the girls there to share the same appetites as her. As such many would not stay long, unable to keep up with her demands. As a result, over time her brothel gathered the most shameless and sex-obsessed workers in the city, giving them a notoriety and fame that had many flocking to them. I indulged in things there that other lupanars would never have allowed. None of them were Lilitu, however, they were crazed, broken things that had all of our lust but none of our will. Whilst I would have preferred to be free on the streets, it still felt good to be on a mat opening my legs to all again. I was free to give my usual charge and took many that night.

When I returned, before the sun crested the horizon, Messalina was there waiting for me where we pleasured one another again. Of late I espied traces of white cosmetics on her skin yet said nothing. Feeling better than I had in a long time and not wishing to kill the mood I said nothing still. As she pressed her sex against mine I described the pleasures of her brothel I had worked at just earlier, still cum drunk and lustful. Idly, I suggested we sneak out the palace and work as diabolares together. It was a fantasy of mine. I was utterly enchanted by her and I longed for a time when Messalina and I could flee the restrictions of Rome and travel the world together, whoring ourselves from land to land. She gave me that smile of hers but gave no answer to this.

"Sister. Try this, it is magnificent." Messalina held out a small, wax sealed jar. It was morning, I had just returned from working at the brothel, still aflame as usual, and more so now that I was back in the presence of my empress.

I took the jar as she supped from her own, letting the sticky fluid dance over her tongue. I knew well what it was, for I was with her when the Egyptian ambassador, hearing rumour of her depravity, offered the gift. As I opened mine Messalina gave a throaty sound of approval before swallowing. "Exquisite, I have never tasted better."

I smiled and sniffed the jar, the scent setting my thighs damp again. I took the fluid and let it flow over my palette. The empress considered herself quite the connoisseur of semen. This was supposedly semen taken from a man in Egypt whose seed had healing properties, increasing virility and fertility. Apparently his phallus is so huge that it would kill any woman to sleep with him. Of course, Messalina ordered the ambassador to send this man to break her at once, in the meantime she appreciated the gift. Whilst the taste of semen thrilled me and rejuvenated me, unlike Messalina I could rarely tell the difference. Now was no exception, "Delightful, but I prefer taking mine from the source."

She tutted and sealed the box that held another four jars. Then she rose from the dresser and embraced me, fingers working their way into my vulva. We were always naked these days, only when Messalina had to make a public appearance did she deign to conceal herself, and even then only just.

What of her husband the Emperor Claudius? At first, when required to be with him, Messalina would don her respectable robes and give the appearance of the doting wife and chaste empress. As time wore on, however, and her reputation grew more and more infamous she would appear at his side wearing less and less, until everyone but apparently he knew her for what she was.

Yet I believe the emperor was well aware of her antics. I think Claudius the man was excited by her ways and appreciated her skill in the bedroom. Claudius the emperor, however, would be unable to condone such behaviour and would have to punish her severely. Caught between desire and demand, he did what he had always done in difficult situations, played the dumb fool and pretended to be blind to it.

We spent the morning pleasuring eachother until she rose, "There shall be plenty more cock to drink from tonight dear sister. I have to attend to my husband today, meet me here when the sun has fully set tonight. It is time I showed you my greatest secret." With a wink, she then left me there, wondering.

Suddenly free all day, I returned to the lupanar. Life as Lilitu is one long orgy, my body never quenched of desire. I so wanted to stay in the streets hunting for clients. Every moment I was not being used was a torment for me. The only thing in my life that I cherished more than harlotry was Messalina. As such, I returned promptly after dusk.

The guards were well accustomed to me, most knew me intimately, and let me through. Once I reached Messalina's room I was greeted by numerous copae bustling around a figure. Seeing me they stepped away to reveal Messalina, only not as I knew her. Her luscious dark hair was tucked away under a blonde wig and her olive skin was powdered to alabaster. In Rome blonde women were usually cheap prostitutes, having traveled from the north to give their services. Seeing Messalina become as such made me want to have her all the more. Her new look positively dripped with depravity and dark delights, "You look beautiful." I breathed.

She moved to me with that sinuous grace and kissed me, her touch setting me alight again, "I am Lycisca, a pleasure to meet you." I wanted to touch her, to take her there and then but I dared not ruin her cosmetics. She moved to the door and offered an arm to me, "Shall we?"

We left the palace and walked the street hand in hand. I sensed Messalina's joy and it lifted my spirits also, for tonight she was not empress and there was no empire to worry about. Tonight we were simple whores looking for clients, Lilitu in our hunting ground. As we walked, meeting the eyes of wanderers who regarded us hungrily I asked, "How long have you been doing this?"

Messalina, or Lycisca, winked at a drunken man that gawked at her, "Years. Like you sister this is what I am." She sighed, "This is what I was meant to be. Not a prize for some oaf. Not ruler of some corrupt and hypocritical nation. I am Lilitu, I am a whore, not a cunnus like those 'virtuous' women but something truer, something more base."

Our conversations often came to this. We were well aware of what we are, but we did not fully understand why were like this. Whilst true to ourselves we struggled to fully understand ourselves. I squeezed her hand slightly, "Why return? Let's leave this place, become Lycisca forever."

Messalina shook her head sadly, then looked up, "Ah, here we are."

We approached a lupanar, already open and busy, various women displaying their wares outside. I felt slight disappointment. I had thought we would work as diabolares tonight, walking the alleys and working in corners for no more than two coins. I frowned as we drew closer, "This is not one of yours."

"I never work at my own brothels, too risky." She breathed quicker as we drew near, her excitement was growing, "Come, I'll talk Estris into letting us share a room."

When we entered I could tell from the poor state of repair that only the cheapest harlots came here. I took comfort from the fact that none of them would be registered and felt my adoration of Messalina grow, for she chose to be prostibulae rather than meretices. She could easily have been a pampered courtesan under that alias but like me she was not satisfied by such lifestyles. Her need was raw like mine, agonising and ecstatic at the same time. The owner greeted Lycisca with warm familiarity and readily agreed to her sharing a room with me. It seemed Lycisca was popular and much welcomed by brothel owners.

When we entered the small room with the stained and filthy mat on the floor my loins burned. The sight of such mats always gave me the urge to lay on them and open my legs. Looking at Messalina she felt the same. Together we lay upon it, clasped hands and spread ourselves. It was not long before men were pulled by our aura and the first customers entered.

Admittedly, Lycisca got more attention than me, not that I did not have plenty to cater to. There was hardly a gap between each, as soon as one left another would enter, ready to thrust into us. Of course, being whores we did not give ourselves until we were offered meager coin. It never ceased to excite me, opening my legs for pittance like the cheap harlot I am. To be violated and defiled made me feel more alive than any play or arena. None of it thrilled me more, however, than to see Messalina's joy. She had all the wealth she could ever want, yet she would trade it all to sell herself for a few obols. I could only watch in envy and admiration as she reached heights of ecstasy and perversity that I struggled to inspire men to do to me. The powder on her body became smeared, her wig shifted to let her natural hair tumble out. Lost in rapture of her lust, she was beyond the point of caring if she was discovered or not. All that mattered was the next phallus, its addictive gift, and the pleasures it brings.

All too soon, the brothel closed and we were forced out. Using our earnings we paid Estris and made our way back arm in arm, laughing and joking. We stank of that familiar odour of sweat and semen, our loins still burning for more. Messalina laughed and tossed her small pouch of earnings in the gutter, liking the idea I did the same. We returned to the palace and fucked like animals for the rest of the night until we finally exhausted ourselves and lay in eachother's arms once more, falling to decadent dreams.

Nearly every night after we did this. As the sun set the debased and beautiful Empress Messalina would transform into the beautiful and debased prostibulae Lycisca. We would go to various lowly lupercal and take as many clients as we could, our vulvas forever demanding more, taking cock in every orifice and feeding from the seed they gave. Eventually we would be turfed out. The more seed a Lilitu took in one period the more she became what I can only call cum-drunk (not in the same sense as you mortals!). Whilst others stumbled home drunk on wine we stumbled home drunk on semen. Any earnings we made we would throw to the side for the beggars to fight over. That we got to be Lilitu that night was payment enough.

4: My Beloved

"Beloved..." Messalina drew the word out, "I had one of my whores do some research into our nature. Tell me, when did you realise you were Lilitu?"

I stirred, staying in her arms on the mat I was now so familiar and fond of. At some point we had gone from being sisters to true lovers, and we could not be happier. We had been together about a year now and never before did she ask me about my awakening. I sensed it was a private thing and did not press about hers. But now that we were so close, it felt right to tell her how I grew to become the way I am. She listened without interruption, then without askance from me described her own.