Mia Mine Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ok, thanks for everything Doc," said Mindy as she slowly started to try to get herself so she could swing her legs over the side of the bed. "Your clothes are over there in the closet, and your friend can help you get dressed," were his final instructions said over his shoulder as he walked briskly out of her 'room'.

"So friend, are you going to help me get dressed?"

Jonathan's face turned twenty shades of red, "Sure, I can help, I guess." He walked over to the where her clothes were and brought them over to her. "I will wait outside the curtain while you dress."

Mindy liked his shyness and especially his genuine concern for her. Even through the fog of the medication her trusted sixth sense told her he was a keeper. She was glad she didn't have to dress in front of him, for she didn't know him well enough to know how he would react to seeing her penis. She didn't know he had overheard the EMT's remark, so already knew she was transgendered. She did struggle with getting her the special thong she used to 'pack' herself. The huge bandage on her right hand made it very tough. She was able to hook one strap of the thong over her thumb and stretch it enough to climb in, but holding it in place and packing herself with her left hand seemed very awkward and difficult. She was able to finally get that done, and her panties put on over the thong. But she knew she would never be able to do her bra and tight shorts. She slipped her bra on to at least cover her breasts as much as she could.

"Jonathan, do you think you could come in and give me a hand?"

"Sure" said Jonathan as he slipped the curtain open, to be shocked at seeing Mindy standing there in panties and her bare back exposed to him.

"I cant do my bra or put on these tight shorts with my hand all wrapped up like this."

Jonathan walked over to her and meekly picked up the bra straps and tried to do the clasps. He gave himself a little sardonic laugh as he fumbled with it, thinking of his dad's favorite movie, "Animal House", when Pinto was trying to undo Clorette's bra and saying 'I think it's locked or something'. He was finally able to 'lock' her bra and she turned around and handed him her shorts. She leaned back against the bed and lifted her left foot up. Jonathan bent down to slip the left foot into her shorts, not missing how much he enjoyed being so close to this lovely, semi-dressed woman. As her left foot was put into the shorts, she put it down and raised her right and he slowly slipped her shorts over her right foot. She stood straight up again and Jonathan started to raise her shorts up, having a bit of a tough time from in front (with his face basically in her crotch), he stood up and turned her around so he could reach around and pull them up from behind. They were so tight that he actually had to struggle a bit and Mindy was excited and happy to feel his hardness as he bumped himself into her ass to pull her shorts up and over hers.

"Thank you Jonathan, hope you enjoyed the view."

"Sorry, your shorts are so tight, I don't see how you do it even without bandages."

"Well, a girl has to show off her assets to get anywhere on the streets." Mindy wished she hadn't said that even before the last word was out of her mouth.

"Well, from what I can see of your 'assets' you must do very well," said Jonathan trying to be cavalier about her profession.

"That's all about to change though," Mindy said quickly.

"Really? How so?"

"I contacted a foundation that is set up to help girls like me, and they told me I could come over. They supposedly can help with getting me going on education and work and all sorts of stuff."

"Sounds great! When do you start?"

"I was supposed to start tomorrow morning."

₪> * * <₪

Mia awoke to the wonderful smell of David's coffee wafting up the stairway into the master bedroom. She languished a minute in the wonderful feeling there. It was still quite early, so dark outside, but she could still see some of the lights across the channel they lived near. The lights' reflections shimmered in the water's movement with the changing of the tides. It was so much fun to watch the water, especially its movement during tidal changes. Sometimes it looked more like a river as the water was funneled in a venturi effect from the vast Puget Sound into this relatively narrow inlet.

She couldn't wait any longer and was just about to get up to get a cup of coffee when one appeared in front of her. She sighed and thanked the Universe once again for the way they had been able to meet each other. She knew some would call it coincidence, but she knew better.

She reached up for the cup David had brought and gave him a loving smile. His return smile melted her as it often did, and she just let herself lay back into the pillows he had puffed up against the headboard and took a sip of the wonderful coffee.

"A girl could actually get spoiled with such treatment," she cooed.

"This girl should be and will always be spoiled."

David walked around to his side of the bed, set his mug down on his nightstand so he could lay down next to Mia, and then took his cup, so they could share this coffee time together.

"So big day today honey, are you sure you are ready?"

"As ready as I am going to get. What ferry are we going to catch?"

"We are shooting for the Seven-ten".

Mia had been talking to the counselor and the nurse at the foundation, and both had recommended a surgeon in Seattle and she had also checked with her doctor in San Francisco who had heard wonderful things about him, so this morning was going to be her first appointment with him. She liked that David was taking the day off to be with her. It meant a lot, and she just really wanted him to be a part of this whole process. She knew the first appointment was more of an information gathering session, but it was still the first step in completing her transformation into womanhood.

"Thank you so much for going with me today, it really means a lot."

"I wouldn't miss it for anything, this is a big step, and I feel honored you want to share it with me."

They reached over and kissed, a long, slow, tender kiss. Mia finally sighed and moved away.

"I am going to have to get dressed if we are going to catch that ferry."

They both got up and went into the large master bathroom, with sinks and mirrors for each of them, and a very large walk in closet at the end of the bathroom. It made dressing quite easy, at least for David. He just took the first thing he found and put it on and looked great in it. Mia always gave him a bad time, as she walked around, looking at all her clothes and shoes trying to decide what to wear.

"You know honey, the end result of your intensive search always has the same ending. Whatever you finally decide to wear looks fantastic on you, and makes you look beautiful, since you are already beautiful to begin with."

Mia groaned at his over simplified commentary concerning the trials and tribulations of her fashion decisions.

They finally made it into the car and started on the short drive to the ferry terminal. As they neared the ferry dock, they could see the cars coming off from Seattle. As usual, there weren't very many, but one red mustang seemed to have a little problem. It pulled over to the side and a young woman got out of the passenger side door and walked behind the car moving her hands briskly over her lap area, as if brushing something off. As their headlights illuminated her, she looked up at their car for a moment. Mia looked at her and commented, "She looks like a young transgendered girl to me, I wonder if she is the one mom was talking about coming over this morning. But she looks like she's been in a prize fight or something, look at all those cuts, bruises, and bandages. I wonder what happened."

"A very lovely girl," David managed as they drove by.

₪> * * <₪

Jonathan waited for Mindy to fill out all the forms to check out of the ER. As always, it seemed as if an entire forest had been ravaged to fill the paper needs for one simple check out. It gave him a little more time to enjoy her beauty, but also to go over all that had transpired from that night. He wondered at his feelings, and where they were headed. He had stopped, because that's what people are supposed to do when they see someone in need. He knew he certainly could have gotten back into his car and driven away once they had Mindy loaded in the EMT truck. But that thought had never crossed his mind. There was something about this transgendered girl that had caught his fancy. He couldn't really explain it to himself, but he figured he was enjoying being with her and taking care of her. She had a wonderful aura about her that almost sparkled with a hint of an inner joy that he would like to see more of.

Finished with the mountainous paperwork, Mindy walked over to Jonathan. "A penny for your thoughts," she said smiling at his glazed eyed, lost in thought look.

"You can have them for free, I was wondering if you would let me take you home. I don't know where or how you'd get there, but I would feel better knowing I got you home safely."

"That is so kind of you, thank you Jonathan, but to be honest, I really don't have a home per se right now. Do you think you could drop me off at the ferry terminal so I can make it over to that foundation I was telling you about?"

"Better than that, how about I drive us on, and drive you to this foundation to make sure you get there safe and sound. I don't like just dropping you off and having you be alone on that hour long ferry ride. I could get us some coffee and muffins while we are in line at the little stands by the holding area."

"Really!? Oh Jonathan, that would be so wonderful! What about your job?"

"I will call in sick, I have about a year's worth of sick time, since I never get sick"

"That would be so wonderful of you."

Jonathan helped Mindy into his car and they began the short drive down to the ferry terminal. As they began the trip down from Pill Hill, the area where a lot of the hospitals and doctors offices are located, Jonathan asked Mindy how she was feeling. Mindy was still a bit under the 'high' of the pain pills they had given her at the hospital and was leaning her head against the window looking up into the cityscape at night, in the rain.

She came to a little bit more and noticed they were in the part of downtown where the main streets met at an angle. "Why do the streets bend like that right here in the middle of town."

Jonathan laughed, "Funny you should ask that. Just the other night I Googled that question. It seems during the early development time of the city there were two main property owners and this was the property line. One thought the streets should follow the shoreline and the other thought they should run true north and south/ east and west. So they built their streets the way they wanted and met here at the property line, at an angle."

"Wow, ok Mr. Historyman, that was cool, is it really true?"

"I am pretty sure it was a reliable source."

"Cool, do you ever imagine what it must have been like here during those times? I know one of the girls told me that one of these streets was where the term 'skid road' came from because they slid the logs down the hill to the water for the ships to take them to the lumber mills. The people that didn't have much money had to live by this dangerous area with logs flying down the hill."

"Well, there you go, we both share an interest in history, that's a good start."

They pulled into the ferry terminal, Jonathan paid at the window for car/driver and one passenger.

He saw they had a few minutes before they would have to load on the ferry. "You want a cup of coffee and a muffin or something to eat?"

"God a cup of coffee and blueberry muffin would be wonderful right about now."

"Ok, there is a little stand over there, imagine a coffee stand in the Seattle ferry terminal holding area, go figure."

Mindy laughed heartily at his little joke and Jonathan got out, making sure to lock Mindy in and went and got their coffee and muffins. He had bought muffins there before and knew they were amazing. He walked back to the car and could see the ferry docking. He got in the car and handed Mindy her coffee first. Then he pulled out a couple of large napkins from the bag. "You'll need these for the muffins," he winked.

Mindy gasped when he pulled the first muffin from the bag and handed it to her.

"It's huge! I've never seen a muffin like this!"

"Wait till you taste it," Jonathan was too late as Mindy had already covered most of her mouth with muffin crumbs from her first bite.

He smiled; she looked so cute, so small, holding this treasured muffin with crumbs all over her face. He reached over and lightly wiped them away with one of his napkins.

They decided to stay in the car for the fifty-five minute ferry ride. They had a good time talking, telling tales of their earlier lives, both coming to Seattle from the Midwest.

As the ferry landed and they were pulling up the main street towards town Mindy screamed for Jonathan to pull over as she had spilled coffee all over her lap. Jonathan looked for a place to pull over. As soon as he stopped Mindy jumped out of the car, running behind the back of the car, jumping up and down and brushing herself with her napkins wildly.

She noticed a woman in a car passing by who was looking at her. Mindy recognized her from one of the pictures as Mia, the head of the foundation. Their glances met and held for that split second of a driving car passing a stopped car.

Mindy got back into the car and told Jonathan.

"Looks like a good sign to me."

"Accept I am going to show up at their door with a huge coffee stain on my lap!"

"I have a feeling they will be able to get past that."

Jonathan followed the directions to the foundation house. They pulled up in front. There was a moment of awkward silence. Mindy finally broke it with her question, "Will you go in with me? Just to be there in case it isn't what they say it is?"

"Certainly, I'd be glad to."

They walked to the front door. It was so beautiful, an old oak door with carved designs and a semi-circle window on the top. There was an old fashioned knocker too, a brass one, so Mindy used it to knock on the door.

A few seconds later the door swung open and an older woman, with a beauty and a youthful look, greeted them and when she smiled both Jonathan and Mindy knew they were in the right place.

"You must be Mindy! I am Christine. Mia called me from the ferry saying she thought she had seen you. I am so very happy you made it. Oh! Pardon my manners, please both of you, come in.

The house was wonderful; so much of the older material had been refurbished or replaced with like material. There was a very homey feeling inside.

Mindy turned to Christine, "What in the world does the name mean, and how do you say it?"

"ERAEW is pronounced however you want. We have sort of settled on "Err I" with the 'w' silent, like the p(ee) in swimming as David likes to say. David is Mia's soon to be husband and he has a really dry and sometimes quite strange sense of humor, but you will learn to like him."

"I like him already," Jonathan said, "he sounds like my dad."

"So back to my story as to what it means. Mia got her name mixing up the letters for I Am. So she thought she would name her foundation We Are. So it became that backwards."

"Cool" said Mindy, "and by the way, this is my friend, Good Samaritan, and the man who just saved my life, Jonathan."