Mid-Life Crisis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No I'm too embarrassed. She's text me a few times but I haven't replied."

"Just talk to her. She might be just as embarrassed as you."

"Do you think?"

"Maybe. There's really only one way to find out."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right."

When I got home that evening I made dinner for the family. I was just getting it out of the oven when Diana walked in wearing her gym clothes.

"How'd it go?" I asked.

"Fine. You were right. I was worried about nothing. It was like it never happened."

I thought that was the end of it until the following Sunday when we were having a lazy morning lounging in bed. The children had taken off early to go the local swimming club carnival. I was catching up on the Sunday papers on my tablet and Diana was reading a book. I heard her close the book and put in on the bedside table before she rolled towards me.

"Do you want a blow job?" She asked.

Something about the way she said it irritated me. It wasn't sexy, more like she was asking if I wanted a cup of coffee or my shirt ironed.

"Di, you don't have to ask all the time. Anyway it's not about what I want it's about what we want. There's no need to force it, sex is always better when it's spontaneous."

Diana was quiet for a moment and I went back to my reading.

"Do you ever want to call me names and spank me?"

"No dear." I fell back on my standard reply.

"But you did that to Cindy. You got really worked up. You've never been that animated with me." I could tell she was getting angry with me.

"I'm in trouble because I don't beat and abuse you?"

"Don't be silly you know what I mean." Diana snapped.

"Alright," I felt my own anger rise as I put my tablet down before rolling towards Diana while pulling back the covers exposing my body. "Suck my cock you fucking whore."

"Fuck you arsehole!"

Diana stormed away and slammed the bedroom door. It took a couple of days to cool that fight down. Once we'd calmed down we sat down at the kitchen table and went back over everything that had happened on my birthday night. We worked through each other's questions and confronted our apprehensions and jealousy.

It was three weeks before I felt we were past it all. Life returned to normal without niggling doubts dragging up our threesome experience. Until that Friday afternoon. I was enjoying a beer after finishing work early when Diana came home from her fitness class. She got some cold water out of the fridge and sat down beside me. We exchanged news from our days then came the invitation.

"Cindy's invited us over for a BBQ tomorrow evening."

I stiffened in my seat but didn't say anything.

"Don't worry. Cindy and I are doing that relay for life charity run with a group of people from the gym. It finishes about five and her place is just around the corner. We'll go straight there after to have a shower and she asked if you wanted to come over as well and have dinner."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes."

"Do you think that's a good idea," I replied trying to keep my tone jovial.

"We'll be fine. She's got a partner you know. It's not as if she going to want a repeat performance." Diana said with a laugh.

"Are you sure?" I cautioned.

"Come on Jim. It's not like we are the Beckhams or something. Cindy did what she did as a favour."

I let it go. I didn't want to rehash it all over again. Saturday afternoon I made a lasagna for the kids dinner then got ready. I got to Cindy's at five thirty. I sat in the car for five minutes before I got out and went to the door. I pressed the doorbell but couldn't hear anything happen so I knocked as well. I was about to knock again when I heard movement behind the door then it swung open. Cindy was standing in the doorway wearing a skimpy sports bra and a tiny pair of panties.

"You're a bit overdressed aren't you?" She asked in a serious tone.

I was taken aback.

"It's a BBQ dinner isn't it?" I spluttered.

"Oh Jim, you know your just a piece of meat to me." Cindy said in a sexy voice.

Just then another voice came from behind her.

"Leave the guy alone Cindy and go and get some clothes on." A man appeared and slapped Cindy on the arse as she retreated. "I'm Steve, you must be Jim." He said extending his hand.

I shook it and then he waved me inside. "Come out the back. I've just cleaned the hot plate and I'm about to put the steaks on." We walked down a hallway, through a kitchen and out into a smallish backyard. "There's beers in the fridge over there, grab me one while you're there."

The refrigerator as well stocked with a wide range of alcohol. I quickly glanced back to see which brand Steve was drinking then grabbed two of them. As I went back towards him I found myself checking him out. He looked very normal, just your average Joe. I admonished myself, why wouldn't he look normal? It's not as if people with alternate lifestyles have two heads.

I passed him his drink as he put the last steak in the sizzling hot plate. He was slightly taller than me and wiry. On top of his head sat a mop of curly dark hair that constantly dipped down into his eyes so he had to push it back. A boyish face with a hook nose completed the package. After enquiring about how I liked my steak cooked our conversation drifted through the usual getting-to-know-you phrases. Work followed by family then onto sport. Steve was easy to get along with and my anxiety about any consequences from what happened between Diana, Cindy and me virtually disappeared.

Steve had the steaks off the heat resting when Diana came outside drying her hair. She was wearing a loose fitting lightweight skirt, and a tight white top that accentuated her breasts. She said hello to Steve then came and gave me a kiss before sitting down next to me. Cindy carried out a large salad bowl and placed it in the centre of the table before returning to the house to get some bread.

We ate and drank and talked for hours. The sun had well and truly set before we were chased inside by a horde of mosquitoes in search of some blood. As I'd pushed my chair back to stand up there had been a loud crash as I knocked over the stockpile of empty bottles stacked next to me. Everybody laughed and Steve told me to leave them and he'd clean up in the morning. Inside I pulled out my phone to call for a cab but Cindy took it off me.

"The night is still young Jimmy. I feel like dancing." She said disconnecting my call and tossing it on the coffee table.

"Great idea Cin." Diana chimed in.

I have never been much good at dancing. It seemed to be a dark art to me. I would watch other people sway and move to a beat and think, that's not that hard. However if I was drunk enough to get up in a dance floor it was never a pretty sight. Much to my relief it appeared Steve had a similar aversion to shaking his booty so we sat on the lounge with another drink. The girls nagged us briefly before they gave up and danced together. Steve and I watched making the occasional lewd comment before returning to our latest discussion on politics.

"So what's a girl got to do to get some attention around here?" Diana slurred. "Do we have to turn into Donald and Hilary?"

"Why don't you show us your tits?" I retorted.

This was definitely a case of my mouth being in gear well before my brain. There was a momentary look between the girls and then the tops came off.

"Are you two lazy arses going to join us now or do we have to please ourselves." Cindy said as she slipped behind Diana as she swayed to the music and cupped her breasts.

"I think I can manage that." Steve replied jumping up and taking Cindy's place behind Diana.

She ground herself back against him as he continued where Cindy had left off groping my wife's swaying tits. I was frozen in my seat. Watching my wife being manhandled and her enthusiastic response. Steve was nuzzling her shoulder as he fondled her while Diana had one hand on his hip and the other reached back and pulled his head tighter into the nape of her neck. Cindy grabbed my hand and dragged me to my feet.

"I'm feeling left out here Jim. Why don't we pick up where we left off the other night."

I was a bit like a zombie as she pulled me into an embrace and spun me around so I couldn't see Diana and Steve anymore. Her lips were on mine and soon after her tongue forced its way inside. The music was still going so I couldn't hear what was going on behind me. By the time I'd manipulated Cindy back around my wife and her partner had gone.

"Come on," Cindy said as she led me drunkenly towards the hallway. "I need to feel that big cock inside me again."

We went past a closed door and I'm sure I heard my wife groaning behind it. I stopped but Cindy tugged me further along until we came to an open door. She flicked on the light revealing a queen-sized bed and pushed me inside. I stumbled but found my feet before I fell over. Then the room went black as the light went out again and Cindy virtually crashed tackled me onto the bed. I rolled into my back which allowed Cindy access to my pants. Before I knew it my cock was out and Cindy was sucking it like dope fiend hitting his first bong in the morning.

"Oh yeah," she gasped coming up for air. "It's even better than I remembered."

Cindy's head dropped again as she nibbled, licked and teased my cock head before going deep again. It felt great but I was distracted. My thoughts were with my wife. Had this been the plan all along? When had my wife become a swinger? Had she always been? Wasn't she satisfied with me? Cindy noticed my preoccupation and stopped her bobbing to reassure me.

"Hey, earth to Jim. She going to be fine, Steve's a considerate man."

"Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better."

Cindy moved up so she was lying next to me.

"I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm ninety-nine percent sure this isn't going to happen and if it does I doubt it is ever going to happen again."

"Yeah, well I'm going to make sure it doesn't ever happen." I rolled to the side to get up but Cindy pulled me back with strength that surprised me.

"Do that and you'll only make it worse." She hissed fiercely.

"How do you know?"

"I'm a swinger Jim. I know swingers and trust me Diana isn't one."

"It's seems she's doing a very good impression of one." I countered.

"You've got to see things from Diana's point of view. I think for the first time in her life she feels comfortable in her body, even desirable. She's getting compliments at work and at the gym. A couple of guys and even a girl in the sauna the other day have made a pass at her."

"You're doing a great job of arguing your case." I said sarcastically.

"She turned one guy down flat and threatened to report him for sexual harassment and I don't think she even realized what the other two were trying to imply. She's very naive but curious. If you rush in there and make a scene Diana will do what you want her too but she will always wonder what she's missing. I say again, trust me Jim. Your wife is not a swinger."

"And yet she organized a threesome for my birthday and is at this very moment fucking your partner." I argued.

"Hang on, you can't blame her for the birthday thing. That was all me. I've lusted after your wife for a while. She really does have stupendous tits. Then, when she mentioned your appendage I was keen to meet you too."

"She told you about my dick?" I was incredulous.

"Sort of. We were shopping and I held up the tray pack of thin sausages and said, look Di eight Steve's. I thought she'd blush but instead she picked up a pack of thick ones and said, four Jim's. I laughed and then she blushed."

"Does it really make that much difference?"

"Variety is the spice of life."

"You still haven't prosecuted your argument. Even if I take your word that you created the birthday surprise then, by omission, it means Diana had everything to do with tonight's festivities." I could feel my anger rising. "So she's keen to see if variety is the spice of life, but how do I know that it hasn't been her plan all along."

"Are you really that blind? Didn't you notice how frayed around the edges she's been the past three weeks?" Cindy raised her voice.

"If she's so upset why the fuck is she on her back with Steve now?"

"She's doing it for you dumb-arse."

"Bullshit, she's trying to be like her slutty friend."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Now for your information she thinks that if she doesn't loosen up then you'll get bored with her."

"I told her I don't want this shit."

"She doesn't believe you. She watched you go apeshit on me and thinks you won't be satisfied with plain vanilla after that."

I was on my way to understanding it now.

"But I can't do those things to her. I respect her to much." I was feeling helpless.

Cindy pressed close to me.

"Trust me Jim. This will work out for you. I knew when I walked out of that hotel room on your birthday that you two weren't capable of living the lifestyle. Even though you'd both had the wildest sex of your lives you were both lying there like stunned mullets. Usually when I give that sort of performance the other participants demand an encore."

"You've got a high opinion of yourself don't you?"

"You know it's true. Your eyes were nearly spinning in their sockets when you came the other night." Cindy giggled and it was infectious.

"So what do I do?" I asked.

"Just lie back and relax."

"That's what got me into this mess." I said but I did as she suggested.

Cindy stayed beside me. She popped my cock back inside my underwear and zipped me up. Then she unbuttoned my shirt so her fingers could lightly scratch the hairs on my chest. The door to the room opened and light spilled in from the hallway. Diana silhouette appeared and I could see she had her clothes back on.

"Are you two finished?" She asked in a high pitched voice on the verge of cracking.

"Finished? We never even got started!" Cindy blurted. "Your old man's been pining for you the whole time."

"Ditto," Steve's voice came from behind Diana.

Cindy started pushed me off the bed.

"Go on, go to her and take her home. Steve? Get your arse in here I need to get laid."

It felt a bit like one of those prisoner exchanges you see in the movies as Steve and I passed each other going in different directions. He gave me a nod and a smile and then I moved to my wife. I took her hand and led her out the door to the car. Neither of us was right to drive but we stayed out there while we waited for the cab I called.

"I'm sorry darling," Diana said as we held each other. " I couldn't do it."

"What made you think I wanted you too?" I asked kissing her forehead.

"The way you were with Cindy the other night."

"I thought we'd been through this. The other night was the other night, a one off. I can't do those things with you."

"What if I asked you too?"

"Diana, are you telling me you want me to call you a slut and a whore? To slap your arse till it's red and fuck your face until you gag on your own saliva?" She didn't reply so I took that as a no. "I love and respect you too much. Maybe we will get a little crazy now and again but we'll do it together without the help of outsiders. How does that sound?"

"It sounds like I married the right man." Diana said holding me tight.

The taxi arrived and we headed for home.