Mike & Savy Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Later, I stood in front of Mike in the lobby of our hotel.

"I'm so happy she's here."

His voice was soft and kind, "I am, too. She should share this with us."

I pressed my face to his chest.

"Mike, I love you."

I pulled away so that I could look into his eyes and trace my fingers along his cheek.

"My husband..."

He bent down and kissed me, gently and with all of the love that existed between us.

"My wife... my Savy."

It was so hard to let him go, my only comfort being that the time before we would be married was now measured in hours.

How I slept, I have no idea.

I awoke into a blur.

As soon as I texted Mia and Maria to let them know I was awake, they were knocking on my door, demanding to come in. We immediately hugged and giggled.

It was finally here. My day. Our day.

The three of us went to the hotel's spa as planned and sat chatting and reminiscing as we were pampered to within an inch of melting into happy little puddles with manicures, pedicures, massages, and baths. My fingers and toes were painted, brightly red for Maryland, and the stylist used so little makeup that I couldn't even feel anything on my face, but when I turned to the mirror, I wondered if the beautiful woman who stared back at me was the same woman that Mike had always seen when he looked at me.

The hair stylist on staff begged me to let her do something with my hair, even offering her services for free. She said that she had never had a bride with such long and full hair, but I politely refused. On this day, of all days, I would wear my hair completely free for Mike.

After returning to my room, I had a few minutes to myself.

I stood on my balcony, listening to the ocean waves breaking on the beach under the magnificent sky. I breathed deeply, smelling the clean, salty air.

I think a part of me always knew that this is where I had to be in life. From the time I was brought into his home, Mike was my world. He had protected me and cared for me, always supportive, always there for me.

When I shed my awkward, girlish appearance, I finally had the courage to seek out his love. We spent a summer together and it was as if we had spent a lifetime together. Even before my mind knew what I wanted, my heart needed him.

I had kissed him. In a single moment, our lives changed. It wasn't even really a conscious decision, it had been my heart guiding me to the love of my life.

He didn't reject me. He wasn't angry at me. He returned my love and held me in his arms. My life, our lives, were forever better.

I heard a knock on the door and paused for one last breath before turning to answer.

Maria quietly stepped in, "It's time."

I pulled her to me and hugged her.

"Thank you, for everything. I wouldn't be who I am without you."

She whispered back, "Mahal kita, Ineng."

Minutes later, we were with Mia and driving south to Assateague. I rolled down my window and held my hand outside, changing the angles to let it flow through the wind. I had once felt so overwhelmed by life, consumed by loss and sadness, but now Mike had brought love to me and I felt like my hand, floating on invisible air currents that lifted me away from all that had weighed me down.

Gone were the fears, the worries, the trepidation. It was my wedding day and as I watched the ocean through my window, I was entirely focused on the present and the future.

Mia pulled her car into a parking lot and the three of us walked to the beach, where two tents stood, starkly white against the deep blue of the ocean and the crisp azure of the sky. We chatted and giggled, lost in anticipation of coming events.

Maria and Mia took my things into one tent, but I took a few moments for myself, wandering among the chairs on the sand. A trellis was placed in front of the chairs, forming a window to the ocean beyond. I smiled as I ran my fingers along the white roses woven into the structure. It was simple and beautiful. It was to be the most sacred place in my life, where I promised to spend my life with Mike and he would become my husband.

I walked further onto the beach, until my feet touched the moist sand where the strongest waves had broken and run uphill before sliding back to rejoin the ocean. Instead of the soft pools that my feet left behind in the dry sand behind me, my feet now left clearly defined imprints. A few strides later and I watched as cool water chased up the beach and flowed over my toes. I stood still and let the receding wave pull the sand out from under my feet.

I closed my eyes and felt the ocean, the sand, and the gentle breeze caress my skin. I breathed deeply and could feel my hand slide into his. My lips curled into a soft smile, before widening as my joy consumed me.

I took my moment and then turned and saw Mia and Maria waiting for me up the beach. Soon, I was inside my tent, preparing for Mike.

Maria stood behind me, brushing my hair. Mia dug around inside of her bag before moving to sit in front of me.

"Savannah, Maria and I both love you so much. We know this won't match your fingernails and toenails, but we wanted you to have something new and something blue for your wedding day."

She handed me a small beautifully wrapped box. I carefully removed the silver and white paper, then opened the box. Inside was an incredible sapphire pendant. I immediately set the box on the table next to me and stood to embrace both of them.

"You are both my incredible sisters. Thank you. I love you."

We talked and laughed as we took our time changing and getting ready, sharing memories, but also talking about the plans Mike and I had for the future. We knew that we couldn't move to the Eastern Shore as long as Mike worked at NASA and I was at Maryland, but maybe Annapolis would be close enough. Maria asked me if I would continue playing after I graduated. I hoped that I would. Max had told me that I could play in any concert hall in the world if I wanted and I could see myself standing in Vienna or Sydney, with Mike in the front row.

Eventually, we were ready and I could hear the voices of our guests outside. I stood before my sisters and bowed my head as Maria placed a wreath of baby's breath on my head.

She whispered to me, "You are perfect."

I had to quickly grab a tissue to dry my eyes.

Mia poked her head out of the tent and asked Sarabeth to come inside. She was a friend from several music classes and Mike and I had asked her to play for our wedding. After she came inside, holding her violin at her side, she thanked me for including her and complimented both myself and my dress. We had worked together on an arrangement for both the processional and recessional and she had impressed me with her dedication to ensuring it was perfect.

Again, Mia looked outside and I heard her briefly speaking with Jeff. She closed the opening and came to me.

"Are you ready?"

"Completely."

She smiled at me and she, Mia, and Sarabeth took their places. I stayed to the side, out of sight, as they tied open the flaps.

Sara beth stepped out and after a moment, I heard her beginning the arrangement we had created of "All of Me". She played beautifully, turning an already lovely piano ballad into a gorgeous classical love song.

Mia handed me my bouquet of white calla lilies and then stopped at the opening before stepping out into the fading sunlight. I couldn't help counting the beats in my head as she disappeared and Maria followed her, stepping lightly at the appropriate times.

I moved forward and breathed deeply, deliberately. One last time, I ran my fingers over my engagement ring. It would always be paired with my wedding band from now on.

A smile spread across my face and I stepped into the light.

Immediately, my eyes locked onto Mike. I had to catch my breath with every step, as I moved closer and closer to him.

He was unbelievably handsome. The sun behind me cast long shadows across our guests from the tents, but he stood bathed in the oranges and reds of the sunset, framed by the deepening blue of the sky behind him. He wore simple white linen pants, which flapped slowly in the breeze, and a wonderfully fitted red dress shirt, untucked and with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Like me, his feet were bare and sunk into the sand.

He looked so relaxed, but his eyes were completely focused on me and his broad smile invited me to him.

It took an eternity for me to reach him, but when I did, I handed my bouquet to Maria and he took my hand. His touch sent my heart pounding in my chest. I wanted to brush my fingers along the smooth skin of his cheek, trace the outline of his jaw, and pull him to me. His fingers gently caressed mine and and I took a small step closer to him, so that my arm could just barely press against his.

I was lost in his eyes, so blue in the fading light, as our ceremony began.

"Friends and family, thank you for coming today to celebrate in the marriage of Michael and Savannah."

My eyes briefly left Mike, just long enough to see mom sitting in the first row, before returning to focus on him, the love of my life.

"You have gathered here to share in their commitment to each other and to offer your love and support as they begin their lives together, as husband and wife."

My husband...

"Every person travels a unique path in life, seeking meaning and purpose, affection and companionship. Our path as are often filled with successes and failures, both of which create who we are as individuals and eventually contribute to who we become as partners."

We would have so many more successes in the future. Whatever successes lay ahead, we would achieve them together and none would be as important as pledging our lives to each other, building a family together.

"Michael's path has taken him from his home here on the Eastern Shore, to incredible successes in education, his career, and life. He has traveled across the ocean and into the farthest reaches of the universe inquiring into a deeper knowledge of the world around us and an understanding of the significance of life. He will continue exploring in the years and decades to come, yet he will always return home, to where his heart belongs, with Savannah."

I beamed at him, so proud of all that he was and would be.

"Savannah's path has carried her from the shy girl of her youth to the incredible woman that stands before you today. Her life has been defined by the interweaving of her love for science and her passion for music. She has achieved the highest honors in education and dazzled audiences with the enthusiasm for life that she expresses through her violin. Wherever she may go, to concert halls around the world or a laboratory here in Maryland, she will continue bringing together the elements of life that she loves, with Michael by her side."

I squeezed his hand.

I will always be by your side.

"For Michael and Savannah, their paths, as incredible as they have been apart, could only ever lead to each other and to the joining of their lives into a single path forward, together."

Forward, to careers, a home... family.

"In making this formal commitment, Michael and Savannah pledge to each other and to you that throughout friendship and faults ,companionship and struggle, their love will serve as a guiding influence, forever bringing them together, always on a single path."

I tried to hold back my tears as emotions flooded through me, most of all, my pure and unlimited love for Mike.

"And now, Michael and Savannah would like to make their vows to each other, for all here to witness."

I felt my lips trembling as I remembered the words I had written for Mike. I took his hands in mine and stared up into his eyes.

"Mike... my dear Mike. You are the love of my life and my inspiration. Every day I live is a day that I seek your love and friendship. Everything that we have been through has made us the people that we are today and I accept all of it without any reservation, because now I stand before you on our wedding day."

My lips began to fail me and my voice wavered. No, no... a little more, don't fall apart yet.

"I will always be by your side, providing you joy and comfort. I pledge to you my love and support, for every day of my life..."

I couldn't continue as I was completely overcome and I struggled to say the most important words in my life.

"I love you."

My eyes were blurry with tears and I squeezed them closed, feeling wetness running down my face. I felt Mike lift my hands and press his lips to my fingers. I opened my eyes and was immersed in my love for him.

Mike's voice was strong and clear.

"My wonderful Savy. You are absolutely everything to me and all that I need in the world. I live and die with your smile and your touch. I need you beside me for the rest of my life, as my best friend... my companion."

Oh, Mike...

"I am overwhelmed when I think about the ways that our relationship has changed over the years, all of the experiences that we have shared and the times when you rescued me from my absolute darkest moments. I was completely lost without you and I am so incredibly thankful that you have chosen to spend your life with me."

It was never a choice. I need you.

"The only thing that can possibly compare to my love for you is my admiration for the incredible person that you have become. I am in complete awe of all that you are, my perfect Savy. Every part of me strives to ensure that I never disappoint you, that I never let you down in any way."

His hands held mine steady.

" You are the love of my life. I pledge to you my love and support, for every day of my life. I will comfort you and cherish you, protect you and nurture you, always. On this day, I give my life to you. I love you."

I watched, through teary eyes, as his face showed pure love for me.

A voice, "May I have the rings?"

I was barely aware of anything other than Mike.

"These rings will serve as an abiding symbol of the love and union between Michael and Savannah."

I reached out and took his ring in my trembling fingers. His hand steadied mine as I slid his wedding band onto his finger. I watched as it passed over his knuckle to its final resting place.

I looked back down as I felt Mike place my ring on my finger. He carefully slid it until it rested against my engagement ring. My eyes moved back to his as more tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Savannah, do you take Michael to stand by your side from this day forward, as your lawfully wedded husband?"

I could barely whisper, "I do."

"Michael, do you take Savannah to stand by your side from this day forward, as your lawfully wedded wife?"

Despite the moisture in his eyes, his voice remained firm and sure.

"I do."

"I now pronounce you, in the eyes of all here and the State of Maryland, husband and wife."

I moved closer to him.

"You may..."

I heard nothing else.

My lips pressed to Mike's, my husband.

End of Chapter 12.