Milk is Life Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, you all settled in the abandoned town down the valley that's a little over twenty miles? And wait, you said colony?" Sydney asked puzzled.

"That's right. Our colony is as I said earlier, a gathering of survivors that decided to build our own society. Of course, we have rules and guidelines. We're humans, not savages. But yes, we settled there about six months ago, and some of our workers noticed the action that the reservoir, along with the lake was actively feeding water to your home. We did not shut it off only because if we found healthy people, we could possibly have you join us" Ply elaborated.

"That's interesting. I had found that town completely deserted over a year ago and followed that line to this trailer home and settled here. I would never have imagined there be a new society there now" Sydney pondered.

"Yes, it turns out that this trailer home was the former towns' getaway home for affairs, or as he had called it, his 'summer home'" Ply joked.

"We have that intel because of all of the old documents we found in the desk of the mayor's office in that old city hall building. He had the deed to property out here" Shuman added, talking openly for the first time.

"Well, I did end up having to bury what I assume was his dead decompositions when I found this place" Sydney hesitantly said with a minor disgusted face, trying to suppress the memory.

"Oh Jesus, wait so Mr. Alonso wasn't with you?" Ply asked.

"No, I was actually living and surviving alone in the Midland area before I came here" Alonso answered.

"Really? That's about two hours from this spot. I had a cousin that lived there, but never heard from him since the world went to shit" Shuman said.

"So, how'd you survive?" Officer Ply asked looking very seriously into Alonso's eyes.

"Well, I just scavenged and collected what I could find from the city and anyone who left behind their homes" Alonso answered.

"But, without any milk?" Ply asked almost instantly.

Sydney sat up, a little concerned now. Alonso felt her shift in his peripheral and slowly asked, "are you officers aware of the immunity?"

Officer Ply smiled from ear to ear and looked at Shuman before saying with a large sense of pride, "our colony is fully aware of the immunity and is a society completely active and avid on breast milk and breastfeeding. So, to answer your question Alonso, we do know about it and we'd assume you two also know considering that one, you are alive with her, and two... well, um..."

Sydney knew what she was about to say and stopped her by saying, "have you guys been spying on us?"

"No ma'am, well at least not really" Shuman said in attempt to calm the tension.

Ply elaborated softly, "we were going to approach to see the active receiving water source when we happened to have caught you both nursing underneath the tree, we are sorry to have watched, but the thing is, we are aware that the two of you are nursing partners, correct me if I'm wrong."

Ply and Shuman waited for the tension to escalate, but Sydney understood and said, "well we were outside in the open, so I guess I can't completely blame you."

Officer Ply smiled and nodded, and then turned back to Alonso and asked, "so before you met Ms. Sydney here, how did you manage to stay immune?"

Alonso was still shocked to hear that they had been observed during their intimacy but continued where he had left off with, "well, funny enough, and I hadn't realized this until I told Sydney about it, but I had come across a freezer in the basement of one of my neighbors' homes. Inside there were about 40, maybe more, frozen breast milk bags. I had thought at the time that they were some sort of homemade popsicles or something, but the Goodwins, the family that was there previously, had a daughter that had become a mother not too long before the disaster."

Officer Ply and Shuman both chuckled amongst themselves. "Well that is a really impressive find, it's almost as if you had found pounds of gold. You should consider yourself a really good tomb raider" Shuman said.

"Perhaps just lucky to be alive, and fortunate to have found Sydney" Alonso replied.

"I agree" said Officer Ply.

"Luckily, for the two of you, our colony is very focused on the conservation of the population, so milk is a very big priority. There's a lot of it, but we are always needing donors, volunteers, and not to mention, men. I brought Officer Shuman with me as a clue to anyone whom questions us about the colony. He's kind of my symbol of hope, if you will, to show that we have what you need to survive" she continued.

"I help enforce rules, keep people in line, and well as one of the few men in the colony I am also given the privilege to nurse from any of our donors and volunteers. I just haven't impregnated Officer Ply because we're not allowed to mate with our fellow officers so that jobs aren't on shortage" Shuman said with a crack of a joke at the end.

"Oh gosh, please shut up" Ply said, rolling her eyes.

"So, just curious, what would you say the ratio is of men to women?" Sydney asked.

"In honest numbers, I'd say there's probably one man to every thirty women. Most of our men work in construction, engineering, hunting, and in other positions, kind of like Shuman does. Oh, and we also do have a few of them as doctors, as we have way more women medicinal workers" Ply said.

"So, you do have a hospital?" Sydney asked wide-eyed.

"Yes, we do. It's really important that we have the best medical facilities since another big priority is reproduction, but on that topic, I have to warn you guys, we do believe in love, but we are a mostly open society. We are really supporting the final federal government radio page in an encouragement to make more babies; you guys did get that memo, right?" Ply went on.

Sydney nodded and then began, "I was in a really dark time when that was aired. I lost my husband at that time and had no chance of having a baby with him. My whole family got contaminated with the virus and died. I felt so much guilt that I ran away and came here. But, since Alonso found me, we accepted each other and of course without either one of us going with any sex for so long, we went at it. I suspect that I am carrying his child at the moment."

"So, you two aren't married, more of a hookup?" Shuman asked.

"Sort of, is this the kind of subject that you two were referring to as far as mentioning that your society is an open society?" Alonso asked, trying to get to the root of the topic.

Officer Ply nodded softly before saying, "Marriage is kind of an abandoned ideal in the society. It is accepted, but with so little men, and lots of lactating women and prospective women searching to lactate, it's easier for couples to be open to other partners or just participate without necessarily having any attachments. Of course, you'll make friends and will have preferred partnerships, so you wouldn't be forced to do anything you don't want to."

Sydney and Alonso looked at each other with concern. Maybe they weren't ready for that, or perhaps they felt they had rushed too fast in love to realize that maybe they would eventually find other people.

"What if I am pregnant though? I wouldn't imagine that I would like to share my body or Alonso with anyone else" Sydney said with a bit of cold defense.

"Well, like I said, you aren't forced to do anything. As a matter of fact, no woman is required to have sex with any other man aside from the one who's impregnated her if she doesn't desire it. The milk production is imminent and is guaranteed to grow, so it is a little bit on the priority and required to either donate, participate in public nursing, or both" Ply said, attempting to clear any tension.

"Alonso would also not be required to remain loyal to you if he does not desire that. Our society does encourage him to ask for consent when it comes to sex and will encourage him to essentially reproduce with any of our women in order to follow federal implemented law, and increase population numbers. We do keep track of who the men mate with, the offspring's information, and that way we're not coming across any incestual situations if that makes sense" Shuman added.

Sydney looked at the ground, a little concerned, a little disappointed, but certainly understanding the priorities of the situation as far as the circumstances were. Alonso did a little of the same but held her hand and waited for her response.

"We are living in different times now, and it's not like we were actually married..." Sydney began, sounding a little disappointed.

"We wouldn't live apart, would we?" Alonso asked.

Officer Ply smiled softly and shook her head before saying, "no one has any assigned housing or is required to live in any of the townhomes. If you two wanted to stay together in the same home, we can have that arranged for you."

The two kept looking into each other's eyes and thought about it deeply. Nothing seemed to be bad in this new society and they seemed to be very respectful of the two's connection if they wanted to remain together.

"The baby, if there is one, is going to need a healthy and safe birth, and if you are required to give milk, you'd be helping a lot of people, not just men" Ply said softly one last time before finalizing with the question, "So, what do you folks say? Will you join us in New Hope?"

"She's right, honey" Sydney said to Alonso. He nodded with her and took in the logic that a baby's survival would serve better with doctors than in a trailer home, with no medical supplies.

"Wonderful! As a representative and enforcement officer of New Hope, I'd like to welcome you to our colony" Officer Ply said while standing up and extending her hand again.

Sydney smiled and got up and shook it, the two women exchanged a brief hug before Shuman followed with a simple handshake to Alonso and a handshake and hug to Sydney.

"Would you like for us to help you pack?" Officer Ply asked. The two lovers nodded and began to walk around to gather items of high priority.

The two officers help gather some of the items selected and placed them in the suitcases that were in Sydney's closet. Ply and Shuman helped her gather most of her clothes while Alonso took what was already packed to the two trucks that both the lovers had.

Shuman gathered a few of Sydney's shirts to add to the suitcase that laid out in the bed. A few of the shirts were tangled together and Shuman managed to get them free from each other, originally caught by one of Sydney's bras. It was a red bra that seemed pretty titanic in his hands.

"Oh, sorry about that" Sydney said as she took the bra from his hands. She and Ply giggled at his reaction and as his cheeks turned red.

"No, I'm sorry about that ma'am" Shuman said softly.

"Yuck, call me Sydney, and it's quite all right. After all, you guys claimed that you saw everything from up the hill, right?" Sydney asked while trying to get comfortable with the new company.

"Yes, we actually did. And for the record, while we're not on duty, I'm Katy and he's Mack" Officer Ply said.

Sydney smiled knowing that these people weren't made of stone and actually had simple names.

"So, what did you all think?" She asked nonchalantly.

Officer Ply giggled and said, "perhaps he can answer that for you", as she pointed at Shuman jokingly.

"Well, Mack, what did you and Katy think? You guys got a free show, and if I'm going to be sharing milk with the whole colony, then you'll be getting used to seeing them around anyway" Sydney said only half-jokingly.

Officer Shuman turned beet red at this point and slowly mumbled, "they are very, um, nice, and er...large?"

He felt like he was about to explode with embarrassment, but he felt better seeing Sydney smile at him and saying, "thank you for your compliment."

The two girls smiled and continued to pack her clothes while Mack went to help Alonso. Alonso caught him at the step of the stairs and handed him back his firearm, as well as Katy's.

"Thanks" Mack said.

Alonso nodded and began to head in to grab a few more items before Mack turned and stopped him to say, "hey, just so you know, we were never planning on truly using the guns."

Alonso smiled and nodded before saying, "I kind of already knew that. Most people nowadays would probably raid a home without knocking on the door to begin with, so I totally knew you guys weren't here to start any trouble. I just hope that New Hope is as you and your partner describe."

Mack nodded and said, "I can assure you guys will be happy and at peace there. We don't just look at resident candidates as resources for milk and semen. We're always evaluating to see who can help establish a surviving colony, and don't just take anyone in."

"Good to know" Alonso said as he nodded.

The packing continued and soon enough, Alonso's Silverado and Sydney's Ram were fully loaded and ready for departure. The garden was harvested as a final farewell and the crops that made it to sprout were put in sacks and in the bed of the Silverado.

"This is it" Alonso said as he held Sydney while the two looked at the home one last time.

"This is for the best" Sydney stated as she turned and kissed Alonso.

The two got into their trucks, Katy joined in Sydney's truck and Mack into Alonso's.

The trucks roared to life and the two headed up the road that led up the hill to where they were supposedly, earlier, spied on.

Within a few minutes, they found the SUV that the two officers drove. It did have Police decals, but only kept the words 'Police, 9-1-1, and City of -', but instead of any decals, the old city's name was peeled away and 'New Hope' was spray painted on.

"Alright, so you guys will follow us into the valley and go east 20 miles. Sydney, you remember where it was, right?" Katy reassured.

Sydney nodded, and the two officers got out of the trucks and got into their own vehicle before beginning the journey.

*************

At long last, they horizon revealed the old town that seemed to be in further development. They had traveled down the hill and into the valley and the lake that supplied the town was to their left. It was a large lake that seemed completely turned around to Sydney.

She had been all alone the last time she was here, but never imagined that it would look revitalized. The SUV halted in front of what looked like a gate with several guards. Some of them were men, but most were women. They held AR-15s and spoke to the officers before they got out of their own car. Katy and Mack walked to both truck driver windows and informed Alonso and Sydney that the guards would take canine police dogs to sniff out any dangers.

"It's protocol, so don't sweat" Katy told them as they stood off to the side of the road with them. Mack was picked to help the dog handlers find anything suspicious, even though he knew there wouldn't be anything harmful.

After some time, and with a conclusive search, the head guard approached Alonso and Sydney and introduced herself as "Sargent Coleman."

She was a bit short, brunette with bright red lips, but her beauty was nothing to compare to her dedication to her duty.

Two other guards walked by them carrying the rifle case that they took out of the Silverado and the handguns that they had earlier in bags. "We'll be taking down your information, the information on your weapons, and this part is a non-negotiable, but your weapons will be processed into our armory-library. They will still be yours, but to check them out of the arsenal, you will have to submit a request form. It's for everyone's safety."

The two agreed and were finally allowed entrance as the gate barricade lifted and the doors opened. They climbed back into their trucks and followed Katy and Mack's SUV into the town. They were taken into the pretty busy looking town square where pedestrians stared at the two massive trucks that followed the squad car.

A few miles further into the square and they found a tall tower with a clock at the top of the decorative tower. It didn't seem functional, but it ironically stopped at 4:20.

The squad car parked along the sidewalk, followed by the two trucks. They all disembarked their vehicles and prepared to walk into the building with the clock above it. Alonso looked around and saw a few of the local citizens, mostly women smiling at them. A few of them lustfully setting eyes on him. The two continued to follow the police and were being given a very tiny, brief tour.

"So, we're next to our police department headquarters, but we're heading into city hall. Be aware, the staring is not meant to be rude. They just don't happen to see new people often, especially not new men" Katy said while giving Alonso a smile.

They went through the doors of the city hall structure and were greeted by a few more guards, some of them in the more familiar police uniform that Katy and Mack wore. They headed up a large set of marble stairs and down a hall after reaching the top. They reached the end of the hall, only to turn left again into an emptier hall. The previous one had many wooden doors on either side, but this one was all wall. It led to another set of stairs that took you further up, but in the opposite direction of the long hall. The third floor, it was.

These stairs led to one final set of double doors in which also had one more guard.

"Officers Ply and Shuman, here to present the Mayor with new residents" Ply stated to the guard. The guard was another blonde woman who was as silent as a British queen's guard. She disappeared behind one of the large doors briefly, until she herself opened the door with a small introduction.

"Folks, Mayor Angela Richardson" she let out, looking directly forward, adjacent from where they stood. The officers walked in first and the other two followed. Alonso grabbed Sydney's hand as they entered the very large office of Mayor Richardson.

The office had a very tall ceiling, mostly glass, but you could see the railings and the gears of the defunct clock. The floor was all marble tile, with paintings of the older, previous town and its former leaders on both walls.

On the very end of the office was a glass wall that faced and displayed the main town square. A brunette woman, dressed in business casual clothing waited for them on a square of leather couches that was established in the middle of the large room. The couches stood on top of a red carpet with a coffee table in the center of the square. She was beautiful, with perfectly placed makeup and wore a suit the color of cream. She seemed to be in her late thirties.

There was a mighty desk towards the back room, but she seemed to be more of a comforting host with the couches. The officers stood stiff and saluted.

Richardson smiled and said, "at ease Officers, please won't y'all have a seat?"

She had a thick southern accent. The officers sat on one couch to the right of the Mayor's.

Sydney and Alonso sat on the couch across the coffee table from the Mayor's. There was a teapot and a few cups on the table.

"Welcome, y'all. My name is Angela Richardson, mayor of New Hope. I hope we were easy to deal with at the gates. We take safety very seriously" She began.

"It sure was, thank you Mayor Richardson" Sydney said.

"Oh darling, please, call me Angela. Don't let this office or the guards fool you, I'm just one of the people as well. I just want to get to know our newest residents personally. I got word of your entry from the guards at the gate, so I had them prepare some tea to calm nerves, if you will" she said with a grin.

"Thank you, Angela, we really do appreciate that very much" Sydney said.

"Yes, thank you, Angela" Alonso followed as Sydney poured them each a cup. The officers followed Sydney's actions as they picked up the teapot and served themselves after her.