All Comments on 'Monogamy: It's Complicated Ch. 02'

by AmateurBard

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
At least...

At least they talked about it, he brought to the open all his thoughts and feelings...Let's us see where this is going...3* for now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
just waiting

for round 2 in the comment section, will it be the same contenders or will we have new people this round

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This is rather sloooooow.....

I understand the need to build a foundation for a story but if you are going to parse out one page at a time? That makes it sloooooow going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Should have been published in gay fag area

# 1

jshsalvjshsalvabout 7 years ago
Too drawn out

I am actually enjoying the story so far, but I think you need to start moving it on a bit and start to put some serious substance to it. This one page at a time will take till August to find anything out. Aside from my impatience, which I'm sure others are thinking, I think you are doing an Okay job. Please move it along though.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
Not enough

If you're going to publish a story in chapters, each chapter should advance the plot. This chapter is merely a continuation of the first. We didn't learn much of anything about these characters that we didn't know already, aside from the husband's fantasy (which was revealed through Chapter One's story tags.)

It's a fine story so far, but it's tedious to read it in such short snippets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: anonymous-just waiting

Doesn't say much for the author when a reader is waiting to be entertained in the comment section. Just strengthens my belief that often the public feedback is more interesting reading than the actual story.

I wouldn't expect too much anon, the word "monogamy" was kicked to death in chapter one. lol

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
@ Anony

98.7% of all statistics that anonymous people cite in the Loving Wives section of this website are completely pulled out of their asses. You can look it up.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
@ the other Anony

Thanks for letting us know which stories you're not reading. We truly do care.

(And thanks for taking the time to write a comment on a story you didn't read! That's helpful!)

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Missed possibilities ; Author chooses characters with rich background in historic Era , but then sticks to wannabe swinger script

I'm a history buff ! AmateurBard has chosen to make lead character a cop in late 60's-70s, imbue him with Vietnam combat experience as copter pilot. Then mine NOTHING of the fantastic potential that background could enrich the story . So far the husband is an inept shmuck , no different from civilian square. No reference to revolutionary sexual changes of that Era - it's really disappointing.

Read some James Michener, John Updike to find how these literary masters incorporate historic happenings into their story. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bad idea

Swinging is for people that can't commit. Once you start, you may as well file the divorce papers. And doesn't swinging make for a lovely story at parties and family gatherings? Something to be proud of? Oh wait! Swingers never talk about what they're doing with others. That's because they're ashamed of their activities. Lousy story. Poorly told.

Bogey3Bogey3about 7 years ago
Nice progression in story

Nicely written, perspectives of both husband and wife. Looking forward to your next step. Ignore the naysayers.

AmateurBardAmateurBardabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks again.

I really appreciate the comments from Bogey3 and others about making the story flow much faster. I'm just learning about how much it takes to fill a LT page. Chapter 3 is already submitted, but I'll reformat the balance of the chapters. Also, to our history buff, if I published a Michner length novel like "Hawaii" on LT, I seriously doubt that anyone would read it. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to read my story and make helpful comments. To those who say it's just shit, don't bother with chapter 3 and beyond because it won't get any better. AmateurBard

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
@ AmateurBard ( respectfully )

Of course writing JM epic length story would be folly. My point is you are using literally nothing out of husband's past as Nam Copter pilot and current job as cop in turbulent 70's Era . Case in point : you TELL not SHOW about the wife ridealong during his patrol and say basically she was impressed how he handled himself under high stress circumstances and with difficult people. Zero specifics .

Why bother to tease the character background and choose uncommon setting if it's ALL ABOUT getting reticent wife to start strutting her stuff for other guys ?The husband is literally NO DIFFERENT so far from all the other wannabe swinger and cucks in typical story. This guy has been thru some shit overseas, probably had some fine oriental whore .

To be a cop , he should be streetwise - but your character is fumbling and bumbling like some guy fresh out of a freaking monastery. That's the basis of my discontent. You are not getting into the soul and essence of your character with his varied history. It's straight cliché so far and I'm sorry to say that . Do you know ANYTHING about the 70's, cops , helicopters or Nam ?

Why input these factors and then leave them dormant in story ? Your husband needs to STEP UP as a man who wants to actualize his fantasies and he shouldn't be so clueless. When you do that , you will have stepped up away from average Literotica shmuck author. It will be a grind . I'm honestly hoping for the best.Fingers crossed.

SigintSigintabout 7 years ago
Literotica Is What It Is

It's a great place for "roughing out" plotlines. Trying out stories. From here you can sell your piece to a publisher, take your money, invest in research & development, let alone hire an editor to help you flesh it out. All while working your day job.

So those that have a problem with you not being Walter Mosley, can always get a refund on what you charged them.

Have fun with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: swingerjoe-other anony

Thanks for reading our comments. Seems you do care. I'm not going to read this, since you seem to favor it so much. Tells me all I need to know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You're welcome swingerjoe

Just wanted you to know not all of us read Swinging/Willing Cuckold stories. Now that you know, don't you feel much better? Enjoy the story. Now you can go home and look forward to the cream pie your wife has gathered for you. Isn't that what swingers do, gather cream pies from your neighbors? Excuse me, if I'm wrong. Just trying to gather some statistics.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 7 years ago
AmateurBard

Lordslamdog gave you the two best, direct, and helpful comments you will ever get, and you contemptuously blew him off as a "history buff". You put all the historical details in your story and then left them like turds on a billiard table. His comments were gold if you have the wit and heart to mine them.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 04/11/17 Re: "Bad idea"

Excellent point! Do swingers actually talk about their life style (besides anonymous comments on Literotica!)?

Because if they don't, why not? They seem so proud of it otherwise, get all offended when we say that their lifestyle is wrong.

Mom, Dad, sorry we can't make Easter dinner, our swinger group is having an orgy!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
@ sbrooks

It seems like we've had this conversation before, but I guess you need a reminder. When you get together with your friends and family, do you tell them all what you like or don't like in bed? Maybe you have a particular fetish for feet or panties or assplay? Do you brag to your pastor about how your wife can take your entire cock in her mouth and tongue your balls at the same time? Do you discuss your sexual fantasies with your next door neighbors, your son's little league coach, or your daughter?

No? Why not?

Of course, you know the answer already.

Now, please, can we not repeat this conversation a month from now?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@swingerjoe

At the risk of irritating you, if you equate a desire to swap partners with the couple down the street with how well my wife can deep throat than your right, we should probably table this discussion because we are not only on different planets but are from different universes.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
@ sbrooks, Part Two

I guess you still don't get it. Let me try to explain why your question is so ridiculous even more explicitly.

I can only assume/hope that you don't discuss any aspect of your sex life with your friends and family. It's not polite to discuss sex, religion, or politics in mixed company, right? So why on earth would I discuss swinging with non-swingers? It's a completely foolish question to ask. I'd be willing to bet that you haven't told any of your friends that you write erotic fiction. Why not? Are you ashamed of it? Or is it just none of their damned business?

Not only is it impolite, but given the complete and utter ignorance of swinging by non-swingers, why would I subject myself to absurd comments like the one you made about a "swinging group that organizes orgies." It doesn't work like that, dude. Frankly, you make yourself look foolish with comments like that.

Similarly, I'm sure your friends and family would be appalled to know that you write for this site. Why share that aspect of your life with them, only so that they could look down their noses at you and judge you?

Hopefully that clears it up. Now if we could only dispense with the "98% of swingers get divorced" myth, then we could really make some progress!

luedonluedonabout 7 years ago
SB & Joe, Please

Please stop arguing at cross purposes.

SBrooks, you said "Do swingers actually talk about their life style? Because if they don't, why not? They seem so proud of it otherwise, get all offended when we say that their lifestyle is wrong."

Yes, they may be proud of it in an anonymous forum like Literotica LW, but they still have to live a life in the real world where the majority of people would not agree with that form of behaviour. Thus they don't talk about it openly. They think it's 'right', others think it's 'wrong', and discussing it will only lead to unnecessary difficulties.

SwingerJoe, you challenged SB with "When you get together with your friends and family, do you tell them all what you like or don't like in bed?" and then went on to list a few things which many might describe as fetishes. It didn't exactly invite SB to engage constructively in the discussion.

I seem to recall that both of you in earlier comments to stories have said that people are entitled to live their own lives as they wish so long as no harm is done to others. Within that framework, everybody is entitled to express an opinion.

The only thing that's 'wrong' is saying 'what's right for me is also right for you'.

Damn. I think I've just done it.

Lue

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
Monogamy . . .

. . . "I think people are more complicated than that." That's the essence of the story so far. While I enjoy the sex scene descriptions as much as the next guy, the real fascination with erotic stories, at least for me, is how people process the mental aspects of sexual stimulus.

We got a gloss over of why Bill is excited by the concept of wife sharing; something in his younger days about how his mother and father acted. The Amateur Bard gave us a little deeper into the small town roots foundation for Marcie's reaction. Both rested heads on pillow after a hot sex session and a tempting follow on in-bed-conversation and went to sleep.

I would guess there will be dreams of other sex partners, curiosity, and will-she, should-I before waking to face the next chapter. This is still a story worth following.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
If not facts then . . .

. . . at least informed speculation. This from a Wiki article on Extramarital Sex:

American researcher Alfred Kinsey found in his 1950-era studies that 50% of American males and 26% of females had extramarital sex. [2] Depending on studies, it was estimated that 26–50% of men and 21–38% of women,[3] or 22.7% of men and 11.6% of women had extramarital sex.[4] Other authors say that between 20% and 25% of Americans had sex with someone other than their spouse.[5] Durex's Global Sex Survey has found that 44% of adults worldwide have had one-night extramarital sex and 22% have had an affair.[6] According to a 2004 United States survey,[7] 16% of married partners have had extramarital sex, nearly twice as many men as women, while an additional 30% have fantasized about extramarital sex. There were also studies that have shown rates of extramarital sex as low as 2.5%.[3]

The range of number as to how many couple have extramarital sex runs from a low of 2.5% to a high of half of married men and a quarter of married women. To my mind this puts a best guess of 12 to 15 percent overall. That seems to be well above the trivial number that some suggest but well less than everybody is doing it with someone else so why not me.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
More "Facts" on Swinging and Swingers

The link below is from Psychology Today and is by a Psychology professor. It appears to be a powerpoint type slide show converted to text and it has some very good graphical representations of prevalence and attitudes toward swinging including statistics. According to this series stability in marriages among swinger is a bit higher than might be expected. The people involved are also a bit older than portrayed in mst of the erotic fiction here and elsewhere.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/sites/default/files/attachments/134956/presentation8.pdf

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What it boils down to

Is that A bard just wants to suck a dick

AmateurBardAmateurBardabout 7 years agoAuthor
Apology to Lordslamdawgg

You were right and I casually blew off your very good suggestions for improving my writing. For this I apologize and I'll try to do better in the future. You were also right that the time of Bill and Marcie was one of great conflict: politically, socially and morally. I should have taken the time to build on how those forces shaped the characters and brought them to make the decisions they did. Thanks for your well-meaning advice. AmateurBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Chuck story line, marriage is about trust and commitment ,sleep around end of marriage

If you want to spread your wings stays single. This story is leading to a sad ending. This author is only writing about the end of love and commitment .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

more cuck shit.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Wife sharing, and cuckold. The acts of a mentally challenged man.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous