Monogamy: It's Complicated Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I knocked on the guest room door and told George that we were leaving for brunch in 30 minutes. When I got out of the shower, there stood Marcie applying her make-up. Her dress was rose colored with a square neckline and thin spaghetti straps. It fit her tightly on top and from her waist loosely fell over her hips to about 3" above her knees. The skirt was covered with large, multi-colored flowers. She finished the "Springtime Sunday morning" look with white thong sandals.

George came out carrying his valise and looking quite hungover. Marcie gave him a cup of coffee and told him to put the valise in his car because we'd go in our car. Like the night before, Marcie sat behind me and George rode shot-gun. As I expected, George turned so he could watch Marcie while she kept up the conversation. As I drove I noticed in the rear-view mirror that Marcie crossed her legs several times; but, unlike last night, the view was limited to glimpses of thigh normally associated with such movements.

We sat on the outdoor deck of the restaurant at a table overlooking the ocean. The morning was gloriously warm with a slight cooling breeze. Numerous sail boats, with brightly colored spinnakers, tacked back and forth not far from the beach. We were seated around a table with George and I on sides facing each other and Marcie seated on the side between us. The conversation was relaxed and again focused mostly on George telling his stories, some of which were somewhat ribald. Marcie was duly attentive to George, but her flirting was measured and minimal. As George's hangover subsided, he renewed his interest in Marcie and kept trying to capture her hand or arm as they talked. Each time she deftly avoided prolonged physical contact, apparently without injuring George's feelings. I could tell that George was hoping to repeat his time with Marcie later Sunday afternoon.

After brunch we returned home without Marcie coaxing George into the backseat. It was apparent that George was disappointed, but he did his best to turn the conversation to "sex" as we rode home. When we approached the house, George asked, somewhat eagerly, "Hey guys, what are we doing this afternoon?" It was obvious from his tone that he was hoping that Marcie would offer to take up where she left off the night before.

"Bill and I have some things to do around the house this afternoon and then we'll hit the hay early since tomorrow's a school day for me," Marcie responded without missing a beat.

When we all got out of the car, Marcie went up to George, raised up on her toes and kissed him on the lips. The kiss was more than "brotherly", but less than "passionate". She said, "I had a great time, George."

George started to embrace her, with one hand headed for her ass. Before he hit his target, Marcie, in her patented female move, twirled out of his grasp and returned to my side. Taking my hand she said, "We're glad that you came down this weekend. Be sure to give Dede our best and tell her to call me so we can catch up on things." She gave the word "things" just a little additional emphasis.

"Sure," George mumbled. "I really had a great time too," George added as he got into his car.

As he drove away Marcie smiled and said, "He'll never say a word about this weekend to Dede or anyone."

We both laughed as we walked into the house.

I took Marcie into my arms and said, "Did you really have a good time with George?"

"Definitely." She responded.

"What is this about us doing 'things' this afternoon?" I asked.

Breaking away and leading me through the front door, Marcie said, "Perhaps we can get in bed and you can tell me what you liked best about this weekend and I can tell you why I 'definitely' had a good time with George,"

I smiled and followed thinking, "This is definitely going to be a fun Sunday afternoon."

When Marcie got to the partially opened guest room door, she paused and asked, "Does the movie camera you installed in the guest room also record sound?"

"Yes," I replied in a questioning tone.

"Good," she said as she reached around the door and toggled the fan switch to off. Simultaneously, the strangely intense, rosy-red lights that illuminated the bed went black too.

Author's Note: I want to thank everyone who provided suggestions for improving my writing style. I intend to practice those in my next submission.

Without sparking a new debate on the meaning of "Monogamy", and regardless of the various definitions, my wife and I found that in the early 1970s religious leaders, social scientists and various pundits were forecasting that marriage was headed for extinction. The sexual revolution, facilitated by the "pill", was rocking the sex lives of women and, by extension men, as the entire concept of marital monogamy was examined like a specimen under a microscope. It was in this setting that young married couples had to find their individual comfort zone and identify their sexual relationship. This story was set in those times.

Some commentators to this story have opined that married swingers are destined for divorce because monogamy is absent in their marriage. I am glad to report that Bill and Marcie just celebrated their 40th anniversary and are happily headed for the next 40.

AmateurBard