More than Friends: Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I need to sit down."

Janice walked shakily to the couch and sat down heavily. She watched Edward get up and come sit near her on the couch, the ring still held between his fingers. She couldn't understand what was going on- one minute Edward was holding her, kissing her and then the next he was pushing her away and flashing a diamond engagement ring. She had so many questions she didn't know where to start.

Edward watched her obvious confusion. After all, as far as she knew he was still with her best friend. But he didn't want to say anything to her till he had heard how she felt about him. He put his arm around her waist and pulled her into his lap, forcing her to straddle his thighs and face him- he needed to face her and feel her in his arms.

He interlaced his fingers with hers on either side of her body and pressed his forehead against hers.

"Jan, do you care about me?"

"Yes, of course."

"Do you enjoy spending time with me?"

"Yes, always."

"I'm going to kiss you again, okay."

Without waiting for a response he captured her mouth with his and kissed her hard till he had her breathless and writhing on top of him before he pulled away again.

"Do you want me?" he asked while suggestively thrusting his hips against her and planting little kisses down her neck.

"Yes." she moaned.

"Then," he said, halting all movements till she looked into his eyes, "marry me."

Considering how well things had progressed so far, Edward was not ready for what happened next. Janice burst into tears and made to run away. He managed to wrap his arms around her, before she could, and pulled her to him. He stroked her back while cooing in her ear in an attempt to calm her.

Janice's emotions had been running a little high all evening. She couldn't comprehend why Edward was saying and doing the things he was when he was still involved with Yvonne, but her feelings for him were so strong that she felt completely overwhelmed by the situation.

"Eddie, I can't make sense of any of this but there's something I have to tell you." she said through her tears.

"I've loved you for so long that I can't even remember a time I wasn't in love with you. This'' sound like nonsense to you since you think we've only just met after all these years."

She began by telling him, how she started writing to him when Yvonne grew bored. She went on to tell him about everything that followed right up to the point where Yvonne asked her to continue to keep her secret.

"You had always been in love with Yves and here she was, telling me that she was falling for you. What was I supposed to do? I hadn't even figured out my own feelings for you till then. So, I just kept quiet and watched you two together."

"Christ Jan! I had a crush on Yves as a kid; I have not been in love with her. I wouldn't have ever gotten into a relationship with her if I knew it was you all along."

He saw she scared her with the way he just spoke but they needed to clear some things between them soon.

Janice pulled away from his embrace and looked him in the eye.

"The way you so easily jumped into a relationship with her as soon as you met her told me otherwise. If I was special to you, I was certain you would've spotted that Yves is nothing like the girl you used to share all your hopes and dreams with. You should've been able to recognize that I was exactly that girl, but you didn't."

She had him there. He'd also unwittingly played a role in making their lives miserable. The only silver lining was that at least now he knew that she loved him and wanted him and this wasn't just a one sided affair.

"Yves and I are no longer together. She told me about your secret earlier this week ... The funny thing is that even before she told me I was meaning to talk to her about how our relationship couldn't continue."

Janice looked at him confused.

"Even before ... Why?"

"Why? Because of you, you li'l minx. I've wanted you for so long but never acted on it because I didn't want to cheat on Yves- you know, the woman I thought I was supposed to be in love with. So while I was angry as hell when I first found out about all of this I was also greatly relieved."

"Relieved?"

"Yes, relieved because I can entertain all my dirty thoughts about you and still return to the arms of the woman I love without feeling guilty about it."

"You have dirty thoughts about me?" she asked him smiling.

"God, yes!" he groaned.

"Will you tell me?" she asked him shyly.

"Tell you? I have every intention of acting on them. Provided of course, you agree with the terms I offered you at the start."

"You really want to marry me? This isn't just a dream?"

He playfully pinched one of her nipples through her dress.

"Ow!"

"See, not a dream." he said, smiling mischievously.

"That hurt." she pouted.

"I can kiss it better, if you like." he said as he gently rubbed his thumb against the erect nub.

She hissed in response and found herself getting further aroused by the prospect of feeling his lips around her aching nipples. But there was still something left to discuss.

"But, what about Yves? She does really love you, you know."

"Yes, but she gets how I feel about you and she is being an adult about it ... I don't think tonight would've been possible if not for her meddling."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know the details exactly but she's responsible for Dara not showing up this evening and me turning up instead."

"Hmmm ... She called me earlier this evening. She said she was sorry for not being as good a friend to me as I've been to her. She told me that when I go out tonight I should just do whatever makes me happy."

"And what makes you happy?"

"You do. Being like this with you does. But being able to call you my husband will make me happiest."

"Are you saying that you're willing to be something more than friends?" he teased.

"I'm saying put that ring on my finger and kiss me already."

*****

Dear Readers,

Hope you enjoyed this story. I like the way it ends right now, but I have an idea for an epilogue. So somewhere down the line don't be surprised if I end up adding another chapter. Share your thoughts through your comments and feedback mails and if you've read the entire chapter, make sure to vote.

Subdued_Passion