Moving On

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once they arrive, an omega took their things to their rooms. Lakota had Margaret placed in his room, because he refused to sleep without her next to him.

Lakota had the omegas to serve his guest dinner at his home and expressed to them they were welcomed as long as they wished to stay. Margaret was a bit tired, and he offered to show her to her quarters. Lakota led her to his room. She knew it was his before he even made it there.

She turned to face him. "Lakota, thank you for allowing me refuge here, but I need you to understand that I need time. We need to talk and then you can decide if I'm the woman you really want."

He stroked her cheek and whispered. "I already know, and yes you will sleep here. I'll sleep in another room. Rest love." He kissed her forehead and bid her good night. An Omega went in to help her dress if she needed assistance. Lakota went to his office and had an Omega to prepare the empty bedroom next to his mate for the next few nights.

Margaret awoke the next morning and called her office. She explained to Natasha that she was on medical leave and would be out a few days.

Julianne was up early. She decided to stay for a few days until after her mother's doctor visit. Depending on what the doctor said, shed contact the Alphas and ask that her mother be allowed to stay with her and BJ. She was not leaving her mother alone I the city.

Lakota was up early and checked on Margaret. She got up and realized she did not have any clothes. She'd ask Julianne to go get something from the house. As she was searching for her phone, a young girl came in carrying two outfits. They were nice, her size and all.

Margaret dressed and Lakota escorted her to the dining room in his home. Julianne hugged her as soon as she entered, inquiring about her health. Margaret assured her that she felt a lot better. BJ faced Lakota and asked permission to say a few days until after his mother-in-law had a follow up with her doctor. Lakota knew what BJ and his wife were thinking, and under normal circumstances he would agree. But Margaret was his, and he would not allow her to leave and go to Loess falls.

"As I said last night, you are welcomed as long as you wish to stay." He responded. BJ heard the unspoken words and submitted as was proper.

"Momma, let's eat breakfast and then I'll call and check on the children, alright." Julianne said. As she and her mother headed to the dining room where the Omegas had brought over food for them, BJ took a moment to speak with the Alpha. "Alpha Gaines, she is her mother. To lose her would destroy my mate. I don't know what happened, but I know she's been hurting a long time. When we leave, I would like for Margaret to come with us for a few weeks at least."

Lakota listened and decided to answer honestly. "BJ, you are honorable, a good husband, and a good son. I can understand why you feel this way. However, I need time with her. I cannot let her go. I know had I been a better mate, I could have gotten to her before she became ill. I will make this up to her. I can't decide what she will do, but I ask that you and her daughter let her stay here and give us a chance to figure out our relationship."

Margaret and Julianne were eating breakfast when BJ and Lakota entered. Lakota quickly moved to Margaret's side, and scented her. She still had a light stench of illness, but it no longer permeated her skin. "Lakota, I am fine. I think I'll go back to my home today. I really appreciate you letting us stay last night."

Julianne stiffened. If her mother insisted, she'd go with her, but if she did not stay at Wildwood she would have to come with them to Loess falls. She would not leave her on her own. Lakota spoke, "Margaret, you can return home if you would like. I cannot make you stay here, but I think you should, because if something else goes wrong, someone will be here to help you." Margaret started to argue, when Julianne spoke, "Momma. Can we stay here for a few days? I mean at least until you go back to your doctor." Margaret looked at her daughter, and realized how scary this was for her. "OK, we can stay. Besides it's almost like being at a resort." She hugged her daughter and they laughed. Silently, Lakota breathe a sigh of relief.

He had to report to his office, so he bid his guest a good day as he fought the urge to kiss his mate. As he went to his office, he smiled. Last night with her in his bed was the first time he actually rested in years. He would make sure she had no worries, and when she went back to the doctor, they would talk about the future. He decided to work from home, and as he was working Margaret walked in

"Lakota, can we talk? I mean if you can spare a minute." Margaret spoke quietly.

Lakota was happy to see her. "Yes, Margaret, please sit." He offered.

"Julianne is calling to check on the kids, and then she and BJ re gathering some things from my house for me. I wanted to thank you for helping me. You di-" he silenced her.

"I am the reason you became ill. You reached out to me and I was being an ass. It will not happen again." Then he took and a breath, and added, "we need to talk."

"But can we talk when we get time alone. Levin and Reina will be home soon and with BJ and Julianne here, I would rather..." she hesitated

"OK, as soon as you're cleared. We'll go to my family cabin, and take a few days." He then pulled her close and kissed her temple. Margaret hugged him back.

"Ok, but just because I'm not 100% right now, don't think I'll let you run over me." She replied.

Lakota smiled, His mate would be fine. All he had to do now was convince her to accept him and spend the rest of her life letting him pamper her.

"I'm calling the office to check in. What time will Reina and Levin be here with LJ?" she asked. "We need to make sure they have food, and their room is prepped for them. As well as make sure Reina knows we are available to help with the baby." Margaret smiled. "I remember when Celia brought Benny home. She was so possessive, but now I know it's a wolf thing. When Julianne brought Nevaeh and Heaven home, I was so glad to be there." Margaret realized she was making plans in someone else's home. Embarrassed, she blushed, "I'm sorry Lakota. I've overstepped my boundaries. I'm sure you staff has everything in hand. I just felt like I could help. It's the least I can do. I just want to be prepared for their arrival." Lakota sat smiling. She was definitely his Alpha Bitch, and he needed to convince her of that fact.

*****

Julianne and BJ were riding to her mother's home. Julianne was silent. Jules, your Mom is fine. She's just stressed out. After she sees her doctor, we can talk and decide what to do next. If she needs to, she can come home with us.

"BJ, if she had been alone, she could have had a stroke. They didn't tell me Daddy was sick, because he was trying to protect me. Knowing mother, she has been feeling ill long before now, and it caught up with her." She took a breath and BJ knew she was crying. His heart broke, but he knew Lakota would want her with him. "He won't let her leave and be with us. She's his mate. I can't stay here because we have to go home to our children. The kids are fine, but Marisol is terrified we won't come back. I miss them BJ, but I can't be there and here too."

Pulling into her mother's yard, BJ got out and held his mate. As he held her, Margaret's neighbors came out fearing the worst. He assured them she was fine, but staying with a friend until she was better. They were grateful and told Julianne, they would watch her house for her. Jules thanked the elderly couple and they hugged her.

Then Mrs. Paul went inside to help Julianne gather her mother's things. BJ sat with her husband on the porch. He and the gentleman talked. "I was so happy for my friend Oscar when he brought his bride home. Most people thought he was crazy for marrying a girl that much younger than him. He was old enough to be her father. They fit you know and that girl loved him. Miriam took her under her wings and thought her the basics. She learned quickly. To hear she's ill, ... Well I hope she will be alright. Will you keep us posted?" he asked. BJ nodded.

Julianne was collecting her mother's underwear when, Miriam stopped her and addressed her. "Julianne, your mom will be fine. Ok, sweetheart, don't worry."

Soon the two women had packed enough clothes for the next two days. Miriam hugged Jules and told her she'd better stop by and see them before going back to Texas.

BJ drove back to Wildwood, holding Julianne's hand. He knew what he needed to do and once they were back, he and Julianne would talk. When they arrive they learned that Margaret was prepping for Reina's arrival with the new pup. She was right in her element, and Jules was relieved. She joined in and the whole pack was excited and deferred to her Mom as Alpha Madam. Her Mom didn't realize that they accepted her in the role.

She smiled, and was content. Her mother's mate was an Alpha. As soon as they mated, the wolf gene would heal her and she'd be around a long time. BJ, Mom is awesome. She will be a wonderful Alpha Bitch. The people love her. BJ was sitting with Lakota when he laughed.

"Well, it seems my mate approves of your mating with her mother Alpha Gaines." BJ spoke freely to the older wolf.

Lakota nodded, "Now I have to convince her mother. Any suggestions?" he asked

BJ looked pensive for a moment, "My mom always said, be true. That sage advice has helped me my entire life. You simply tell her the truth, but you need to make sure you listen to what she says. Besides, we haven't been to a mating ceremony in a while, and Malcolm and Kyra are taking too long. So we are looking forward to coming back and bringing the kids."

The mood changed and became very solemn, BJ froze .He needed to ask, but hated the thought of leaving Loess Falls. However, Julianne was his whole world as were his children. If she needed to move here and be close to her Mom, then they were relocating. His Mom and sisters were fine. They were well protected. He had to focus on what his mate needed.

Lakota knew what he wanted to ask before he even spoke. "BJ, I love you and Julianne to death, but I can't let you join my pack."

BJ was floored. "What? Why not?" He didn't understand.

Lakota took a deep breath. "You are protected in Texas. No vampire will touch your pack. My pack has no such agreement, and you, Jules, and the kids would be vulnerable. I won't allow that. Don't take this the wrong way. You are a strong Beta, and if it weren't for your other family members, I'd let you join in a heartbeat, but I can't put you or my pack in danger."

Surprisingly, BJ understood. But he also knew that the vampires would protect that pack just because they were family as well. His wife's mother afforded that protection. He then realized that Alpha Gaines had no idea.

BJ smiled and nodded, "Well Alpha, how often can we visit?" he asked.

Lakota laughed. "As often as she pops in on you."

*****

Later that evening, Reina and Levin came home. The couple went straight to their quarters. Margaret's plans worked perfectly. After Reina and Levin settled in, Reina made an observation of her soon to be sister in law.

"Margaret has been here one day, and the house is running like clockwork. I'm impressed." She observed. Levin was holding LJ, admiring his son.

"Yes, she's always been bossy. Even, when she married my best friend, she would always organize things for every situation." He chuckled.

Reina watched her mate closely. When he mentioned his friend, there was a subtle change in tune. It was common knowledge that Margaret's husband, Oscar Kent, loved her to distraction, but what was he not saying.

"She needs to tell Lakota the truth. Once she does, they can work through the rest." He added finally, as he placed his son in his mother's arms. A knock interrupted them as two Omegas came in to help tend to their Madam Alpha.

As the Omegas, took the baby and dressed him. They help Reina bathe and change as well. Levin sat waiting on them to finish. When they were done, he told Reina some not so happy news. "I have to go to the office tomorrow. I think they will try to use this to get her removed as CEO of the company."

"What? That's her company. They can't do that." She argued.

Levin sighed, "If she's perceived as sick, they will. I'm going to make sure they don't. I may have to ask Julianne to go with me. One of them needs to be there to block the vote."

Levin explained to her how Margaret ended up taking control of the company. Oscar died, leaving the company in his daughter's care. These two men, Lee and Lakes, decided to carry out a coup, and take control of the company from her. Julianne was working seven days a week to hold on to the company and the men treated her horribly.

Margaret got a phone call one day from Julianne's assistant who was in tears. That's when she decided to fight. She called him. He was living in Florida trying to get over a nasty divorce. Margaret was like a sister to him. And to hear what these people were doing made him see red. He came home and he and Margaret took control of the company and prevented the takeover.

Now that she was ill, he feared someone else might try a seize control.

Reina was furious on Margaret's behalf. "Levin, do you need me to do anything?" she asked.

"No Love, I can take care of this. We just need to make sure two of the majority shareholders are there. I just hope they didn't have a meeting today and vote, because neither of us was there to block it." He added.

"Take them to court, and sue. Under the Federal Medical Leave Act, a vote in her absence would be unconstitutional. I can get my legal team on it." Reina stated. No one would run over Margaret. She liked that woman and considered her a sister.

Levin laughed, "I love you Reina. But right now I want you to focus on healing and caring for our son. I can handle things at Kent's."

Reina was sleepy and LJ was already napping. He took his son and placed him in his bassinet. He then kissed her forehead, and went in search of his niece. Margaret, Jules, and BJ were talking and Lakota was laughing with them.

*****

Sticking his head in, he spoke and Julianne quickly hugged her uncle. BJ congratulated him, and everyone asked about Reina and LJ. He assured them she was fine. They talked and Levin informed them he was going to the office the next day. Margaret was about to say she'd go with him, when he spoke. "Margaret, you are on medical leave. I do need Jules to go in, just in case." he stated. Julianne agreed, immediately, but Margaret was truly concerned. She remembered how her baby had been treated before and she would not sit there and give them another shot at her.

Julianne smile, "Momma, I'll be fine. Uncle Levin, what time do you need me to be ready?" she asked.

Levin answered, "Can you be ready around seven? I want to get there early. I'll see if Reina can let you have one of her suits; you two are about the same size." He added.

Julianne nodded. BJ held here close, but he understood that she needed to do this. "Love, do you want me to come with you. If anyone upsets you..." he stopped.

Jules chuckled, "Are you going to beat up all the guys in the office, honey?" she asked teasing.

"Yes, I will take on the whole group to keep you safe." BJ stated holding her close.

"BJ, she will be fine. No one will mess with my niece." Levin assured him.

They talked a little longer and soon everyone was ready for bed. Lakota walked Margaret to his room, and found he didn't want to leave her. Even to sleep in the room next door. Margaret looked at the handsome man before her, and her heart raced. "Lakota, you can let go of my hand now." She whispered.

Lakota smiled, and kissed her knuckles. "Did you rest well, last night?" he asked.

"Surprisingly, I slept well. Your bed is amazing. I almost hate to leave it." She joked.

Lakota's wolf growled, "You never have to." He pulled her into his embrace and she did not resist.

"Lakota, we need to talk." Margaret whispered.

"No, we don't. We need each other." He lifted her and carried her to his bed. He placed her on the bed and joined her. He kissed his mate. She tasted divine. Lakota fought with his wolf that demanded he mate with her right now.

Margaret was so hot. She'd never wanted a man as much as she wanted him. Her need for him scared her. She knew she'd give in, but she could not go back to what she was. He had to understand.

"Lakota, wait. I can't." she whispered. He was obviously frustrated, but Margaret needed to explain. "I want you. I won't deny that, but I need you to know some things about me. It might change the way you feel, and I'm afraid to tell you."

Lakota was interested. "I'm not leaving, and we can talk now. Tell me."

Margaret looked at the man that could break her and took a deep breath. "Lakota, promise me you will listen to the whole story."

Lakota inhaled her scent, and he could tell that she was having an issue. He spoke, "Margaret, we can talk about whatever it is now or later. But I need you to know that the past is the past and you are my future. Nothing that happened back then matters with me.

Margaret took a deep breath, and relaxed in his embrace. For the first time since before she lost Oscar, she felt safe, protected. She smiled and then whispered, "Will you stay with me for a while Lakota? I don't mean to lead you on, but I feel safe with you."

"Of course, love. I won't leave. OK." He promised.

"OK, let me change. I'll be right back." She whispered.

She took out her nightdress and went into the bathroom to change. Lakota took a moment and stripped down to his boxers. Margaret walked back in and he scented her arousal instantly. However, he would not take advantage of her. So he climbed into his bed, and she joined him. He held her close as she lay on his chest. She kissed his pectoral and his heart pounded. "Sleep love. I'll be here."

Margaret snuggled close and soon drifted off. Lakota lay next to her, holding her, fighting the desire to simply wake her and love her the way he needed to.

*****

The next morning, Levin and Julianne reported to the office. Everyone was happy to see Julianne. Many people welcomed her back. She stopped by her old office and saw her friend Natalie. Natalie was so happy and she congratulated her on her new twins, and wanted to catch up.

Levin waited as the two women visited. Then he wanted to remind her that they needed to meet with the other executives. Then he and Julianne went to the conference room. They wanted to discuss the error Margaret made and Levin was ready. Julianne wasn't sure what happened, but since she'd become a wolf she was bolder now.

"Levin, Julianne. We're glad you are here." Board member Clark Watson spoke. Out of all five members, he was the most outspoken when defending Margaret.

The board wanted to vote the day before to try and oust her, but Watson stood his ground. He was relieved when Levin walked in and had Margaret's daughter with her.

"How is Margaret, by the way?" he asked, clearly concerned.

"Momma is fine. She just needs to rest a few days." Julianne explained. "Now it has come to me that you are all concerned about an unscheduled meeting Momma had with a client, am I right?" she asked.

The board launched into their complaint. Julianne and Levin listened. They could not admit the action was personal, so they decided to remind the group of who really held the power in the company.

"Let me ask you something. If Daddy was here and he did this, would you be up in arms about it?" she asked quietly.

The men looked around the room, and only one spoke. "I would because if Mr. Gaines files a complaint it affects everyone here."