Moving On

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Margaret cried; she never thought she'd be so happy again. But this man, Lakota, filled the missing part of her soul. Oscar, I will always love you, but I can move on now. She thought. Lakota gently squeezed her hand, and smiled. Margaret felt a light breeze caress her cheek, and she knew Oscar could rest now. She was content. She could not articulate how happy she was in that moment. But she didn't have to because she and her new mate shared the joy within their bond, a bond that strengthened by their love.

The next day, Margaret returned to her doctor, and Dr. Smith was amazed at how much she had improved. She told her to take breaks and not allow her job to stress her out. Margaret returned to the office where she was welcomed back with open arms. She went to each executive board member in her office and apologized for her mistake. The men no longer cared they were just glad she was alright.

It was her assistant that noticed the ring. Within minutes the news of her engagement traveled like wildfire. Soon everyone was trying to guess who the lucky groom was. Becky knew, and of course, more news spread. Lakota stopped by and their suspicions were confirmed. Everyone was happy for Margaret, and congratulated the both of them.

Julianne and BJ had returned home and were greeted by their family and kids. She missed her children so much and now her mother would be fine. Julianne looked at her mate and her children and thanked Luna for blessing her with such a great family.

A month or so after they mated Reina and Lakota had to decide what to do with the pack. A pack could not have four Alphas, or could it? The twin Alphas met with their mates because they had not reached a decision. Levin and Margaret sat quietly and listened to their mates argue. Levin was holding his son, and gently kissed his head. He smiled at his friend Margaret and smiled. In a few months his son would have a new cousin.

Finally the twins could not agree, when Levin spoke. "Baby, I don't want to be Alpha."

Margaret added in, "Me either."

Lakota and Reina looked at them. "WHAT?" they demanded.

Margaret spoke, "Reina you have been Alpha Madam for this pack for centuries, and I think you should stay Alpha Madam." Reina started to speak when Levin spoke.

"And Lakota, do you really want me to run this pack? Honestly." He exhaled. "Margaret and I talked and we decided you need to keep your positions. We can be your support, but you two need to remain the leaders."

Lakota nodded, "We can present this to the pack, and see what they think?" Reina agreed. The next day, the Alphas called a breakfast meeting. The mood was solemn. Then Reina stood and read the proposal their mates made. The pack loved it, and it was agreed, Lakota and Reina would stay in charge as pack Alphas.

Margaret and Levin took their positions slightly behind the pack Alphas showing their support. Margaret and Levin went to her office, and Reina and Lakota went to work as well. Levin had to speak to Lakota, so he drove over to see him.

"Hey, Levin, is everything OK?" Lakota asked. He loved his brother-in-law, but he rarely visited home from work.

"Everything is fine. I just wanted to congratulate you and ask if Margaret knows yet." Levin replied.

Lakota was confused, "Levin what are you talking about?" he asked.

Levin realized he had no clue. He smiled, "If I'm not mistaken, Margaret is carrying a pup." Lakota was shocked and then he smiled. "Are you sure? How do you know?" Lakota asked, his heart racing in excitement.

Levin smiled, "She has two scents and I can hear a second heartbeat when she's near me. You've been so stressed over this Alpha business, you just didn't catch it."

Lakota buzzed his assistant and told her that he would be out. Within minutes he was at Kent Distributing and walking into his wife's office. Lakota kissed her and looked stunned. "Lakota, what is it?" All she felt was extreme joy in their mate bond.

"Baby, we're pregnant. We're having a pup." He whispered. Margaret was shocked, but she recalled being a little nauseated and tired. Lakota dropped to his knees and pressed his ear to her, tears rolled down his cheeks as he listened to his child's heartbeat.

Margaret was stunned, "Lakota, wait. How do you know? Are you sure?" she stammered. Tears of joy rolled down her cheeks. She never thought she'd be blessed with another child. However, thanks to this incredible man, she would soon have another little one of her own to cherish.

"Baby, I can hear his heartbeat, so sure, so strong. I can scent his presence, and he is so strong. I know we will a healthy child." He answered awed, thanking Luna once again.

"The baby is a boy. You keep saying he." Margaret observed, as Lakota stood and wrapped her tightly into his embrace.

"I'm not sure. It could be a daughter. But either way, I am the happiest wolf alive right now." Lakota explained. Then Margaret held him so tightly, and he never wanted to let her go. He would never restrict her, but he would always protect his family.His family, a family he'd waited over one hundred years to have.

Margaret kneeled in front of her mate and said words that meant the world to him. "I love you, Lakota. Thank you for giving me a second chance to live."

He hugged her then and vowed to never let go.

Epilogue

Seven months later, Julianne, BJ, and the kids came to visit from Loess Falls. Blaine and Celia came with them. The kids fit right in and Reina loved holding Heaven and Nevaeh. LJ was crawling and the little girls were toddlers. He spent most of his time trying to keep up with them.

Margaret went into labor and her whole family camped out at the medical center. Julianne was worried because her mother was older and she prayed there were no complications. Lakota stayed in delivery with his mate and four hours later, he held his daughter in his arms. The baby was small. The healer was a bit concerned, but she seemed healthy.

To Lakota, his little girl was simply perfection. Then Margret started hurting once more and to everyone's surprise, especially the healer, a little boy was born next. She never saw the second baby. Lakota was beside himself. His son and daughter were the two most perfect being ever created.

Lakota looked at his mate, and sent, What are their names?

Love, I want you to name them, Margaret sent.

He looked at his son and named him Jayden, and he then looked at his little girl and named her Kayla. Margaret was awed by him and the love that shone from him for these two new beings they had been blessed with. Soon everything was tidied up, and the family came in. Julianne was giddy at the sight of her new brother and sister. She was so happy for her mother, and she thanked Luna again for blessing her family.

Soon Lakota wanted time with his family and everyone left. He sat beside Margaret's bed, and thanked her for trusting him. They kissed and both basked in the peace and contentment that surrounded them.

"Baby, whatever happened to Tia and Bo?" Lakota asked. For some reason, he thought of those two people that had such an impact on his mate's life.

"You know, I've often wondered about them. When Oscar and I married, I was ashamed of my past, and they walked away because they felt I deserved to be free of that history. Overtime, I blocked a lot of that time and sadly, I never saw either of them again. I wish I could find them and reconnect. I wonder if they know Oscar is gone." Margaret sighed as she dozed.

Her words gave Lakota purpose. Tia, Bo, you are a part of this family. I will find you and bring you back to her. he vowed.

Sleepily Margaret replied, Thank you for that. I love you Lakota. Content that her true family would someday return, and she'd never push them away again.

THE END

We are still not done. Cantar's story is next. But then I will take a break, because I have to get ready to go back to work. Don't despair, I'll keep writing. Please vote and comment. THANKS

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers