All Comments on 'Moving On'

by outofshadows

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
I understand the need to present an ending to the original...

I understand the writer's need to present an ending to the original...This is a good story and a good ending, but both stories just let out something: I really don't belive (or at least don't want to believe) that any man would let his sons to be in contact with a junkie for some days much less 4 years. For the sake of his children he had to divorce and get custody. No judge would deny that. However I liked the story...4*

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Good Story

About a sensitive subject which I call the Big Shark;;;; There are always bigger fish in the pond..... and you really can not say that you are number 1 and this leaves you vulnerable like Pete.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Nice, but not likely

A nice story about personal growth and the ability to change. It is a great fantasy, but look around you, how many people are there out there that you can say have this ability and have used it? From my experience people only change when they have to change. In the case of a cheating wife, they are more likely to continue to justify than to change. Change takes strength, and character - two things that all cheaters lack. It also takes the ability to see yourself honestly, another thing foreign to a person that lies to themselves and those around them. Oh, and her giving a shit about her husbands happiness, not at all likely. Nice try.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

pretty good, but a bit unusual compared to what you generally see posted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
story? good. writing? not good.

i wanted to get engaged with this story and looked forward based on the set up. the problem was your style. you meandered and i found myself skipping ahead because so much seemed repetitive or not essential.

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
I thought this was a very unusual story

I mean that in a good way. It was a compelling look at personal growth and the challenges faced, met and conquered. Not just the usual. Very well written and edited. Congratulations on a fine piece of writing. Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pete was to much of a wimp to be a husband, as Betty will decide unless she wears the pants

2* your attempt did nothing for the story, going to be a rough life for the boys coming from such dysfunctional parents

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Interesting Story

Can't say that I cared for the writing style. Also mad at Pete for his cuck fantasy that apparently started the whole mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good story

Don't listen to the mindless haters. This is a good story. Yes it is a little disjointed, but your characters grew more in two pages than in most of the 10 page stories on this site. Great job, keep writing.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
Very original story

This was not the usual cheating and revenge or hotwife story we see here every day. It was creative and thoughtful and I liked it.

It was extremely well written, too. Trust me, I'm an English teacher. I wish my college literary magazine writers were this good. Thanks for the story and for using that big brain to entertain us. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
zzzz

long-winded apologetic wimpy crap. as expected from a pompous, boring author. *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
poor thing!

it's all that Evil seducer's fault!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@ blackrandl1958

yeah, well written. and supremely wordy.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
That was different

I guess one could look upon this as a caricature of people who allow their fantasy life fuck up their real ones until they're in ruins.

Kind of a modern day Greek tragedy .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Boring, indeed

You took an interesting premise and sucked the life out of it with unending explication. The only action and dialogue were truncated by her passing out. Please discuss with your editor(s) the concept of show vs. tell. I believe it would have helped this mess considerably. That said, thanks for putting forth the time and effort to entertain the faceless readers. It is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Negative comments

See all these negative anonymous comments? Whet we have here is a hater. Jilted lover? Spurned former editor? These are, obviously, all the same person. They are using an onion browser to make multiple anonymous comments, flaming on this story. It was a very good story, by the way. I gave it a five.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Well . . .

. . . it was a nicely and sensitively written epilogue, although a bit too wordy for my tastes. Thankfully, only two pages. Thanks for the effort. 4*

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
DOING WHATS WRONG

is usually blamed on selfishness, greed and covetnous actions, TK U MLJ LV NV

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
BEYOND STUPID ....waaaay beyond

Looking at this just from the aspect of a good story this is beyond wretched. It's so bad it's almost offensive. WHY the FUCK would anyone want to write a sequel / follow-up to the original story which was just a pile of unrealistic irrational crap?

The original story is a catastrophic failure because not only does the cunt whore wife take up with another man ... but Tyler (the other man ) uses information about the husband / wife marriage to cause extreme pain and cruelty to the husband.... and the wife said nothing.

The original story was not about the wife having a sexual urges that her hsuabdn cannot meet.

The original story was about a wife who went to WAR to crush her husband.

The original story is a catastrophic failure because is no possible rational reason why Pete... husband ... even after driving Tyler away ...would then decide to take the cunt whore wife back and attempt counseling and save the marriage.

likeboblikebobabout 7 years ago

Interesting, thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Difficult read

The story just didn't flow well. I constantly found myself going back and re-reading passages, trying to understand the points you tried to make or see the dots you tried to connect. While I appreciate the effort in trying to finish an unfinished story, this just didn't work for me. Jess's sense of entitlement and Pete's lack of a backbone made them unsympathetic characters and, in the end, I just didn't care what happened to either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks! You saved me from spending good money on a worthless story.

Timid self-doubting cowardly males like Pete are an embarrassment to civilization. Pete's entire life is one of reaction, regression, and good fortune at the kindness of strangers. If Jess still wanted him she would still have him. If Betty didn't want him he would stay single and useless unless some other kind woman showed pity on him. Pete is a blemish on the gene pool.

Just like Tyler. Although you can't blame Tyler for stupid vain cruel women who see him as an opportunity to trade up, at least regarding their sex lives. Tyler is just a different form of opiate, a drug that makes you feel incredible, as it saps the life out of your body and the virtue out of your soul. Don't blame the drug, blame the addict. If it wasn't the Tyler variant of this sickness, it would be some other beautiful well-hung seducer. Jess was primed, all she needed was that first injection, then she was hooked. In previous times Tyler would have been crippled or dead before he could wreak the havoc he bestowed, before the age of the SNAG (Sensitive New Age Guys). Tyler will eventually be paroled, early, and continue to seduce and destroy, until someone finally applies the appropriate insecticide. It can't be too soon.

But Jess's main mistake was not falling for Tyler, it was settling for Pete when she married him. Men like Pete have so little strength of character that they need it to be supported by women like Betty. Pete's cock was too small for Jess, and Jess's virtue was too inadequate for Pete's sexual perversion and temerity. When Pete suggested Jess seek pleasure from other men she should have horse laughed him, then scolded him for being such a stupid boy. She is correct in realizing that despite the love and affection, she never respected Pete. I suspect Betty only affectionately pities him.

Pete ends up with Betty. Let's hope Jess ends up with a man who can understand and respect her new self as much as he understands and respects his role as husband, not merely companion, or enabler. Jess doesn't need a man to let her fly free, she needs a man who will fly with her. I hope she finds him, and has the courage to embrace his strength and confidence.

Again, very thought provoking. Thank you for saving me from even considering reading the original story; gross. 50 Shades of Humiliation.

Thank you.

And thank you for allowing anonymous comments. That takes sand.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
This story was a bit of a conundrum.

Many comments declare it well written, and others say it was really poorly written. I was struck by how descriptive and precise the words were when I began the story. By the end, I was skimming along, picking a word here or there to get the gist. What that means to me is the words were very well chosen, the punctuation and spelling were near perfect, but something was missing. What was that?

Thinking back, I would say it lacked action, interaction, and reaction. It was very passive. The words were first rate. It was extremely good, technically. The problem was the words just didn't have much of a story to tell, try as they would. They battled for space and influence, often describing the same emotion several different ways when just one would have been enough. I see a rare talent here. The writer just needs to find a clear path and faster journey through the forest of big words.

I also freely admit that the writer may well be writing above the level of many of us readers. It could simply be that her talent exceeds our ability to appreciate it.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Ouch

Sad, dark and a little sweet at the end.

Not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well, confusing "kindness" with

"please lie, cheat, and stomp the shit out of me and I'm still going to take you back" is mostly the definition of "total wimp."

Technically well-written, but involving characters who were worthless. Like castle built on sand.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
Thank you.

That story worked really well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, different than the usuall .

You can write. To bad he was a wimp. Please keep writing. 5 for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Feeling and content

Well done, thank you.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
definitely dark

depressing also comes to mind. But it puts all the twists and turns to rest without a reconciliation.

I'm glad you took it upon yourself to bring the previous work to a conclusion and end it on a high note.

chytownchytownabout 7 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I enjoyed it

If I understand correctly the original story is for sale? And it's clearly a cuckold stroke story of the highest order, but it seems several commenters have read it. Did they buy it? Why, if they don't have a cuckolding fetish? I can understand hate-reading someone like Xleglover who puts out free material, but not forking over money just to raise my blood pressure. Especially Harryinvirginia, who I happen to like. Why buy this? I'm really curious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WTF was that pile of steaming shit

you can also eat my used condoms

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
REALISTIC, SAD. GOOD STORY

Good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Yawn inducing repetitive bullshit.

outofshadowsoutofshadowsabout 7 years agoAuthor
Response to Comments

Thank you to all readers who have taken the time to read and give feedback. Here's my response https://goo.gl/iAJyGn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
enjoyed it...

i generally like your storytelling.

my only issue... tried to find the source story for this...

no 'losing his wife' and KTMorrison has no published stories.

so do you have the url of where the original was (and would Laurel et al let it stay here as a comment if you did?!)

in any case, keep writing and submitting!

thanks, RA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
closure

have read the kt morrrison books, and felt no closure at the end. this story gave the closure that the original story should of had, great story , enjoyed it very much.

thanks

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Thank you for a powerful tale that brought some semblance of humanity into Jess.

A powerful tale of misdeeds, remorse, and if we can never really achieve redemption… at least a little forgiveness from ourselves.

I hate who she was. I respect who she is now trying (or at least appears to be trying) to become.

Thanks for your contributions. I appreciate the ambition in your tales.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2* Long Winded, Whiny Saga of Unlikeable Characters

Dear author: avoid bloviated wimpy writing. Did I hear violins?

Alternate Story: 5 years ago Pete and Mark and others defend their wives and home from Tyler. The scumbag suddenly disappears. The lying, cheating wives go weepy while unaware that Tyler was ventilated with lead and his carcass dumped into the sea wrapped in chains. The End.

Readers would have gotten a rush from that ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

messy boring wordy shit.

msocaltimemsocaltimeover 6 years ago
Well appreciated completion to the original

I have read the original story, I appreciate your take on this story. Well written, good detail, some of us appreciate this... Enjoyed reading this story completely, keep up your amazing talent. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It delved into her point of view

Gave some closure and was an improvement even if that is not saying much.

justwetwojustwetwoalmost 6 years ago
verbose

verbose and unnecessarily confusing. glad she learned something in the end. too bad about the miscarriage.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
nicely written 5*

but the writing is soiled by the 3 pieces of human filth that are the main characters.

will he offer betty up to all comers? as written, of course he will.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Superb Cuck Story

YOU ARE THE CUCKMEISTER WHEN CRAFTING STORIES ABOUT LOVERABLE WIMP GOOD GUY ONLY KNOWS HOW TO MAJE LOVE FORGOT HOW TO FUCK A WOMAN NEXT WIFE DOES THE SAME THING ONLY HE WON'T FIND OUT. SUOER BETA MALE STORIES. KEEP THEM CUMMING💩🖕🧚‍♂️ YOU FAN😎 THE BULL FUCKING YOUR GIRL.

FrankRedmontFrankRedmontabout 5 years ago
Excellent depiction of true remorse.

Heartbreaking. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sorry,

but any guy who has fantasies about watching his wife with another guy deserves what he gets. I won't score this since I didn't finish it.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good story

A good story about some messed up people. Hopefully Pete learned hard lesson about sharing his wife. Jess learned her lesson too late.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

another assnomeous comment, your piece of work hard to forget. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How rate decided on average.

Ok written just don't understand mindset of men who fantasize about being cuckold

I only want spouse who believes in one and done.

No flirting, hugging, kissing etc

All in

jtwheels

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

lol women are fucking dirtballs, no shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

i really really really really hate white knight husbands. they're practically complicit in their betrayal coz they're too stupid to let go of a dumb slut they happened to marry. Peter should've moved on immediately

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

You write well but I felt I read a 400 page novel. A little too bloated.

pummel187 clearly is a tiny dicked misogynist because guys like him are more likely to be dirtballs. Safe to say he voted for a grab em by the pussy pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An interesting situation. An author who's clearly left the site behind, and therefore almost certainly won't see these comments of mine. A sequel to a story that isn't available for free online - it's part of a book that can only be purchased. Luckily, outofshadows neatly summarized the backstory, so at least this reader, QuickMagazine, the as-yet-unregistered, was able to jump right in without wondering what had gone before. The 53 comments before mine were all over the board, and I must confess that I hadn't really taken to much of her output. In fact, the only one I'd saved to flash drive was an unsatisfactory sequel to a non-Lit SS06 story, since I'm a completist when it comes to the Stangster. Anyway, this particular story makes it two to the flash. There's depth here, and it's one sad tale. In fact, one could see someone else popping in to sequel this sequel, since the characters, though deeply flawed, are compelling enough that one wonders about their futures. Has Pete learned his lesson? So as to stay away from hotwifery and cuckoldry in his new marriage? And if he still leans that way, will Betty be strong (and normal) enough to put her foot down on such foolishness? And what will become of Jess? And where do their sons (Petey & Andy) live? Do they live with Jess, or with Pete & Betty? And which would be better? Lots of possibilities. Anyway, the score is 4. Must admit that my seal of approval was influenced by Randi's. If she likes it, that's good enough for me. Though tempered by what HDK had to say. So, that averages out to a 4.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It was very hard to understand what you were trying to achieve. You got lost in describing emotions and then returned to the action. It was quite confusing.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOd8 months ago

One of the best examples of 'Careful What You Wish for'.

I pity those humans who don't think about the consequences for what they do.

Then they cry over their choices.

Well maybe all of us are like that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous