Moving On: Alexia Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She slept, and he watched her. He was satisfied. His wolf was sated. As he held his Lexi, he felt them. He felt the members of his new, yet not new, family connecting with him. Then he felt his baby girl. She was content as was his grandson. He reached and found Kwame resting, but ever so watchful.

Probing some more, he reached out to his alpha. Welcome, Bo. It's about time. We can talk tomorrow. Levin sent. Bo sighed as he waited for Lexi to wake. She was definitely resting, and he was ready to love her again. He decided to help her wake back up after all. Besides, didn't he promise her that after tonight, she'd know who her "king" was really?

The next morning, Alexia awoke to her father greeting her. Daddy, wait, you changed? she squealed, waking Kwame.

Yes, love and I want to assure you that your mother and I are fine. There is no need to worry about us anymore. Now, rest, and tell my new son I want to talk to him later this morning. He sent her a shaft of love.

"Daddy went through the change. He's a wolf now. I need to go over there." She explained moving quickly when Kwame caught her hand.

"Babe, let's see them at breakfast." He whispered.

"But Kwame, I never thought... He did it. He's going to be OK. Momma is so happy, I can feel her. My dad is a Were now." Alexia said in awe. Unbeknownst to her, tears streamed down her cheeks. Kwame wiped them away, and held her close. He kissed her brow, soothing her. Her body trembled, but he knew the turmoil she'd put herself though. She worried about her parents, especially her father's rejection of her mom. But she hid it. Every day, she prayed that Bo would come around, accept the change and last night he did. Her parents were going to be ok now. Her family was finally going to be whole. " I need to see them." Alexia insisted.

"Babe, I'm happy for your mom. I know this is something that she has wanted for a while now, but let's give them time. Besides, today we have plans right? Let's join your parents at breakfast, and then we go and check out some apartments." Kwame added, kissing Alexia hoping to distract her.

Alexia sighed. "I know you think I'm overreacting, but you were born a wolf, I wasn't. for years, all I wanted to be was like my cousins, to have my parents live a long time, and now, they will be with us for a long time. I'm so happy." She sobbed.

Kwame did not say anything more. He simply held her close and smiled. He was truly happy for Bo and Ms. Lexi. Then Alexia sighed. "Daddy said he wanted to talk to you after breakfast."

Kwame froze. Mr. Bo promised him a butt kicking. He wondered if the older wolf planned to keep that promise.

The next morning, Lexi and Bo arrived at breakfast. Upon entering the dining room, they were greeted and welcomed completely into the pack. Alpha Lakota, Alpha Levin, Madam Alpha Margaret, and Madam Alpha Reina sat smiling. This was the moment they'd been waiting for. They stood as the newest members of Gaines approached. Breaking protocol, Lakota and Levin rushed to hug and greet their newest member. Reina sent to Margaret, I told you so. I said he'd be a wolf by morning. Margaret laughed and everyone shared in their joy.

*****

Alexia and Kwame went out to look at apartments. They were lovely but one particular one really caught her attention.

It was close to Wildwood, so the alphas would approve. It had spare bedrooms, so Deacon could stay over. Plus it was near the university, and Alexia would not have a long commute to work. Keon would go the daycare at Wildwood as well as school at the compound until he was old enough to control his animal.

They decided to take the apartment and Alexia was ecstatic. She and Kwame would finally have their own place. They held each other a moment as the paper work was finalized and thanked Luna that they found each other.

Some much was happening, but Alexia had one more thing she had to do. Her friend Lacey was visiting and expecting her first baby. This baby was truly a miracle because Lacey was not supposed to be able to have children. She wanted to hurry back to Wildwood to await the arrival of her friend. Soon, they returned and informed the Alphas that they would be moving into their new apartment soon.

"Alexia, you have a call." One of the thetas interrupted.

Alexia excused herself and was happy to hear from Lacey. Lacey would not be able to vanish in, but if her alpha approved, she could come see her. Alexia agreed immediately and quickly sent her request to madam Alphas Margaret and Reina. She asked that Keon be allowed to go with them. The female alphas agreed, but arrangements had to be made.

Dermic called and assured the wolves that Alexia, Kwame, and the baby would be protected. So, this weekend, the small family unit was going to see their friends.

Kwame continued to work. And although most accepted him, some still harbored resentments. Kwame wondered what could he do to erase the stain that brought him into this pack. Each day, he worked five times harder that the others. Deacon stuck by his side as did a few other wolves, but some always found a way to take a dig or swipe at him.

Each night, Kwame came home masking his bond to hide his pain from Alexia and at first, she accepted this. Then one day, she came home early and was going to see her mother when she overheard what the wolves were saying about her and Kwame.. She was silent and just listened. On the surface, it appeared that he was accepted by the pack, but the reality was most of Gaines still despised him. Her heart broke and subconsciously, she called out to him. Kwame responded, and he knew that somehow she'd learned some of what was going on. Love, it's ok. It'll take time, but I will win them over.

Alexia sighed, I can talk to Uncle Lakota.

Kwame replied, No, he can't force them to accept me. I must earn their trust and respect. It will happen. Give it time.

OK, but don't hide from me. Maybe I can help. Alexia sent with a huge wave of love.

Kwame went about his day as usual. Deacon asked him about the visit to the Valdemore's and wanted to know if he needed him to tag along. Kwame smiled and said, if it was Ok with the alphas and the vampires, it was ok with him. Arrangements were made, and the small group headed to see their friends. Keon slept most of the trip and Deacon and Kwame talked. Alexia was excited about seeing her friend. Soon they arrived at the Valdemore estate. Lacey rushed out to greet her friend and everyone was escorted to their rooms.

Lacey asked a million questions and Alexia answered as best she could. Keon was spoiled, Dermic and Randall took great pleasure in caring for the young cub, Dermic teased that Randall needed to practice, and Kwame watched them carefully but did not mind the break.

"Lacey, it's beautiful here. I love this house. It's perfect for you and Randall. How are you really,, though? I know what you said, but is everything really OK?" Alexia asked. For a vampire to be restricted from vanishing, things had to be serious.

Lacey frowned. The doctor did not share everything with Randall and her uncle. She asked her not to, but Alexia was her best friend, and she knew she could trust her. "Alexia, when I went to the doctor, the last ultrasound showed an abnormality with the baby. She drew blood, and I'm waiting for the results. I asked her to call me and not Randall. He's worried enough and Uncle Dermic is awfully hard on him. She said it might be nothing, but what if something is wrong with my baby? That demon, he might have damaged me more than they thought and that could be putting my baby under duress. I hate thinking like this, but I'm scared.

Alexia froze. "When will she call?" She asked.

Lacey whispered, "Today. Soon I hope."

Alexi sighed, "Then, I'm not leaving. You're stuck with me. We wait together."

Lacey relaxed and hugged her best friend. She knew everything would be ok now. Alexia was here.

"Enough about me, my Godson has grown so much. He's so big now." Lacey observed.

Alexia smiled. Keon was her heart. She never missed an opportunity to talk about her baby. "Yes, and he's really smart. Kwame spoils him though. Daddy is always offering to keep him. Sometimes, I have to sneak in a few snuggles with my baby."

Lacey laughed. "We've come a long way from the last year. I'm glad. I just wish..."

"Lacey, think about it this way. If things were different, I wouldn't have my mate and wonderful son, and Randall would still be in the friend zone. Things happen for a reason but it's your reaction that determines the overall outcome." Alexia explained.

Lacey sighed. Her friend was right. "Now, how is Randall treating you?" Alexia asked. Lacey smiled so brightly that Alexia did not need an explanantion.

As the two ladies visited, Francine stopped by. Lacey loved her aunt to pieces, and was genuinely happy to spend time with her and Alexia. Tonight, Vivian, Jonathan, and several friends were joining them tonight. She and Randall agreed that tonight they would reveal the baby's gender and name. She prayed that the doctor did not have bad news. Soon the phone rang, and Lacey froze. "Answer it." Alexia whispered.

Lacey walked out of the room. Alexia and Francine sat waiting. Ten minutes later, Lacey returned all smiles and excited.

"Lacey, what did the doctor say?" Alexia asked concerned.

Francine held her breath. She was not aware that something might be wrong. "She heard an echo and during my ultra sound. She said she'd suspected this, but it's so rare. It's a second baby. I'm having twins. I'm having two babies." Lacey gasped. "I need to tell Randall. We need a second name." She blurted. Alexia laughed.

Francine was relieved, then she smiled. Twins she sent to Dermic who was stunned. "Randal, go home. I think Lacey might need you." Dermic ordered.

Randall went straight to his wife. She shared the news and he was over joyed. Love we need names. Randallem Laurent and what will we name his brother?

Love, do you have a name in mind? Lacey asked.

Randal paused. He had an idea, and he prayed it was acceptable.Reilly Jaden Braxton.

Lacey smiled, Perfect, tonight, we will reveal their names. Randall nodded.

Francine and Alexia shared a look and joined the new parents in their joy.

Lacey was so excited that that night at dinner, she could hardly contain herself. Everyone ate, and talked. Keon grew cranky and his mom put him to bed. As Alexia returned, Lacey and Randall stood.

"Family, Lacey and I want to thank you for everything you've done for us." Randall started.

Dermic frowned. What was this angel up to? If he thought to leave with Lacey and the baby, he would be disabused of that thought post haste.

Uncle Dermic, please listen. Lacey sent.

Dermic relaxed. Randall finished. "Tonight we invite you all to share in our joy. Today, Lacey and I learned that we are expecting twins." Everyone erupted in choruses of congratulations.

"Wait, we are doubly blessed because they are boys. We want to share their names. One will be named Randallem Laurent Braxton and our other son will be named Reilly Jaden Braxton." Dermic gasped. How could Lacey or the angel know about his youngest brother. He was a youngling when Reilly was taken from them and he remembered going out with Laurent to make the culprit pay. The events surrounding his brother's death led him to encountering the Ivanovs. His heart ached at the memory of his brother and that was one of the things that drove him to protect what was left of his family. Lacey, Randall, and now Randallem and Reilly were his to protect. No one would harm a hair on his head.

Francine noticed Dermic's strange reaction to the babies' names. Randall was always aware. My brother's name was Reilly. How did you know? Dermic asked Randall.

Randall replied, I had no clue, but I am honored for my son to bear his name. Dermic nodded.

Francine looked at her mate. She knew that the names would be significant for him. Alexia and Lacey, along with Vivian and the other ladies were excited and talking over each other. Jonathan and Randall and Kwame were ensconced in conversation. Francine hugged her mate and asked was he ok. Dermic held his wife. He was fine. Especially now. He received a call from the lab and as he suspected, the blood work from earlier was wrong. She's my niece, Francine. The lab sent me the results of our blood work. There is no doubt that Laurent is Lacey's father.

Francine hugged him so tightly. Now at last Katrina no longer had any hold on any of them. Lacey was finally free.

*****

Alexia visited for a few more days and then they returned to Wildwood. As they returned home, Alexia thought of the past year. Last year she was working on a cure for dementia and had actually found promising research and a treatment. She was attacked and had conceived her son. She smiled when she realized her rapist was her mate and now they were finally together and she could not be happier.

She thought about the changes she'd seen in her friends, Lacey and Randall. Twins, they were having twins. She made Lacey promise to call her when she was ready to have them She wanted to be there. Then she looked at her cousin, deacon he missed his brother. Deacon and Declan were never really separated.

"Deacon, have you talked to Declan since we came here?" Alexia asked.

Deacon smiled, "I check on him every day and he's doing fine. Evangeline's mom, she is something serious"

Kwame laughed, "Ms. Bertha is no joke. Evangeline is her baby girl. Your brother has his work cut out for him. No guy is good enough for Evangeline."

Alexia shoved Kwame. "Declan is perfect. Hopefully her mom will realize it soon." The rest of the trip home was uneventful and soon they arrived back home.

Alexia and Kwame moved into the new apartment. Everything seemed to be going well. Lexi and Bo stopped by to visit and loved spending time with Keon. Alexia blushed when she realized how much more amorous her parents had become. She and Kwame were often very affectionate as well, but witnessing her parents' new obsession with each other made her happy.

"Kwame, what's wrong?" Alexia asked one night after finally getting Keon to rest.

Kwame sighed. "Nothing, I'm just tired. I'll be to bed in a few."

Alexia stopped. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired." Kwame fibbed. He actually still hurt. Today when he got finished working a few of the guys decided to jump him. He held his own, but the odds evened out when Deacon and Know arrived. Knox already reported the attack to the alpha and Alpha Lakota told him to come see him the next day.

"Kwame, what happened?" Alexis asked knowing once again he was masking.

"I have to meet with the alpha in the morning. Some of the guys took things a bit too far. Knox and Deacon helped squash everything and I'm fine. Now, woman, go rest." He teased.

Alexia stopped. "I'm meeting him with you. I've had enough of this."

Kwame froze. "No, Alexia, let me handle this. I appreciate the fact you want to fight for me. I love that you want to protect me, but these men see me as enemy number one. I must handle this myself and that starts with meeting with the Alphas. " Kwame took a deep breath. "If push comes to shove, would you consider relocating to Jackson?"

Alexia froze. Her research was just a taking off. She loved being here with her parents especially since dad made the change. Then she thought about her mate and what he needed. Kwame never asked for anything. When there was a need, he was the first wolf to volunteer. He even spent time helping with repairs when maintenance fell behind. Still he worked full ten and twelve hour days. Yet, certain members of the pack still attacked him. This was wrong.

"We can move to Jackson. I'd rather go there than to stay here with the pack constantly attacking you. Kwame, I go where you go. If you want to stay here, then here is where we will stay. I love you. I trust you. I'm with you 100 percent, and no one will ever come between us." Alexia whispered.

Kwame stopped and pulled his mate into his arms. He loved this woman. He would do anything for her. He would deal with the pack. The happiness of his mate and child trumped his own comfort. He thought of home. Alpha Alphonso faced impossible odds and he survived. He was raised by a strong woman that would tell him to stand for what he believed. His mate was a woman that believed in him even when he doubted himself. He would meet with the Alpha and tell the truth. He would not cower, and if it came to blows, he'd defend his family and their right to be here. Gaines was home now, not Jackson. He was not running away. He was home.

"Alexia, I need you." Kwame whispered.

Alexia sighed, "I'm yours." The young couple retired for the night and loved each other until the early hours of the morning.

*****

Lakota and Levin talked. They had some wayward members to deal with. Both men were not blind to how Kwame was being targeted. They were waiting for the young wolf to come to him. Levin was actually impressed, he never gave in. He didn't come running. As a matter of fact, Knox one of the betas, reported this attack only because he knew Kwame would not say anything.

Lakota would talk with Kwame in the morning, and then all of the wolves involved would also join them.

"Is this really about the rape?" Levin asked.

Lakota paused. Gaines pack members were very protective of their women. Kwame violate Alexia, but she forgave him and they were mated now. He hoped that this was simple misplaced anger. Levin stopped and waited. He had to say it. "He's black. Do you think he's being targeted because of his race?" He asked once again.

"No, we don't think like that. Bo, Lexi, and Alexia are black. We have Native Americans, Latin Americans, and even Asian Americans in our pack. Race has never been an issue." Lakota replied, emphatically.

Levin was embarrassed. He went mute.

"I can see why you would think that. So much is happening and it's easy to go there, but Levin is that really what you believe?" Lakota asked.

Levin paused, "No, but it had to be asked."

Lakota nodded. "Let's talk with all of them and see what can be done. Kwame is a member of Gaines and we will not allow this to continue within our family. We will deal with this. Hopefully after tomorrow, the males will taper their aggression and leave him alone." Lakota replied.

He realized that if this continued, Kwame would request permission to leave, and he did not blame him. However, he did not want to lose his newest pack member to Jackson. He was at home here at Wildwood.

The next morning, the alphas, all four alphas called a meeting. At the top of the agenda was discrimination and targeting other pack members. Lakota was surprised to learn that Kwame was not the only member targeted by this group. The three men were summoned to his office immediately.

Lakota and Levin met with three pack members. They were surprised because these four men were extremely protective of the pack. To learn that they targeted males they considered weak was a problem for the two alphas.

"Jerald, I need you to explain what you three are doing? Levin asked. He could tell from the posture of all three men that Jerald was the ring leader. The other two men seemed to submit to the much older wolf.

Jerald faced his alpha head on and told the truth. "I'm beta. It's my job to protect the pack. When you met your mate Alpha, we thought you'd naturally take over as aloha, but you didn't. Somehow our pck has four alphas. No pack needs four alphas. If you look at other packs, they have two leaders, an Alpha and his mate. The way you two have messed up our pack we have members that a normal alpha pair would have abandoned by now. Since you two aren't toughening them up, we decided to do it."