Moving On: Alexia Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Levin faced the other men. "Are you two in agreement with Jerald?"

The other two spoke. "Jerald is right. For decades we have not had any conflict, but if something does happen, do we have wolves that are ready for battle. Our men have become stagnated and are growing week. I'll admit that what we do seem cruel, but at some point those men fight back. They stand up for themselves. If you don't believe me, ask them if they ever fought back." Larry argued.

"This guy Kwame is different. He is a criminal, a rapist. If one of our pack members had done to female what he did to Alexia, would we get a slap on the wrist, hell no? He came here, cried, said sorry, and we are supposed to act like he did nothing wrong?" Chris huffed, "he stole months from her. She hid from us because she didn't want us to know what happened. When we found out, I wanted to find this guy and kill him. Then he shows up here, with his Alpha no less." Chris began to pace. "I know you declared a challenge. Deacon and Declan beat his ass, but for me that was not enough. He got off too easily. He needs to be punished."

Kwame arrived outside the alphas office. He heard everything and he truly understood how the men felt. He knocked and entered. The three men glared at him. He stopped and faced the alpha. "Alpha Lakota, Alpha Levin, they are right. I committed a horrible act and I should be punished. I will take whatever punishment you all deem fit, but know this Alexia and Keon are my life. I love them and I will do whatever it takes to protect them.

If it takes the three of you beating me within an inch of my life to satisfy your need for vengeance, then fine. I just ask that you spare my life. If you kill me, Alpha Lakota, I ask that my mate and child return to Jackson. I want my son raised with my people if I cannot be here." Kwame was tired. This had to end nd it needed to end now.

"You think we won't. Do you know what rape does to a woman? Something des inside of her, and she can't trust. Alexia forgave you, because she loves you, but if you were not her mate and fates had nit deemed it's, would she have been as trusting of someone else."

Kwame froze. Jerald was right. He took something from his Alexia and he had no way of ever giving it back. He was not in control of his actions, but he was responsible at some point, he could have left. He chose to stay and that was his failing.

Levin spoke. "Kwame is not to blame. He was not in control of himself, but when he realized what happened, eh stepped up. Jerald, you know this. I think what has you so angry is something that we all know was not your fault. I understand the need for vengeance, but Kwame is not the one that hurt you. The man that hurt Carol will pay. I promise you. He will, but attacking pack members is not what we need from you."

Levin looked at Lakota. "I must agree; you are right. We need to make sure our men are stronger and ready for battle, but targeting the ones yu think are weak is not the way to go. I want to make a proposal, Jerald. I want you, Chris, and Larry to start training our men. Teach them to fight. Prepare them for any challenges we may face, but you must remember that we are one. We are pack. We're family.

Kwame was silent. These three men plagued him every day, and the alphas were giving them the right to train pack members. Lakota faced Kwame and smiled. "Kwame, don't feel left out. We will need an equal number of trainers for this new post. You will join these three as you develop the defense squad. You will help select the young men and women that will be a part of the group, and help train them. At the end, the alphas will determine the newest members of the squad."

Kwame wanted to protest when Jerald laughed, "Perfect, I' love a chance to learn what you know. You, Kwame Jackson is one tough cookie. We could never beat your ass one on one and the closet we came was attacking you together. If you can teach our kids to fight like you, our pack will be unstoppable. Welcome aboard."

Chris and Larry agreed. Kwame was still wary. "What about the things you said earlier? I know you're still ticked off."

Jerald sighed, "Rape is wrong, son. But I know you've paid for your crimes. Besides, if I keep fucking with you Boaz is coming for me, and even I know better than to piss Boaz off. Just help protect our pack. I'm calling a truce, and as of right now, your debt is paid. Jerald stood and extended his hand. Deal?" He reached out.

Kwame was hesitant, but he shook his hand and everyone relaxed. Kwame was not completely positive that the animosity was over, but he'd give the three men a chance.

Levin summed everything up. "Jerald, you called a truce. I will be watching and if anything else occurs and we meet again, it won't be friendly."

The big man nodded as Alpha Lakota dismissed them

"You think it's over?" Levin asked.

"Jerald is a man of his word. If he has declared a truce, it's over." Lakota explained.

Kwame and the three men returned to work. At lunch, Jerald invited him to join them. Everyone was shocked. At lunch, they discussed how to start recruiting defense members.

That night when Kwame arrived at home, Alexia had already heard rumors about the outcome of the alpha meeting. Kwame explained what the new post meant to him. Alexia hugged him. "I'm so proud of you. You could have filed all kinds of complaints and they would have been justified. You, my love, are a true warrior."

"Alexia, I love you. Thank you for believing in me and giving me a chance." Kwame whispered.

"My love, anytime, anytime." Alexia replied with a kiss.

Several months later

Alexia and Kwame arrived at the Valedemore's. Lacey and Randall were already at the hospital and Alexis prayed she was not too late. The family traveled to the hospital to welcome the newest members.

Upon entering Lacey's room, Alexia noticed that Kwame looked a little green.

"Are you OK?" she asked. Kwame nodded. He would never admit to her how frightening this was for him. The last time he was in this predicament, his own child was being born. Lacey was glad to see her friends, but she was a bit busy giving birth.

With each contraction, she screamed and Randalll became even more pale. After a few hours passed, it was time and everyone had to leave out except the father and Lacey ased that her Aunt stay. Alexia and Kwame waited outside of the door. Kwame almost passed out when they heard wahr=t sounded like a guy crying out. He knew what randall was feeling.

Dermic, who was worried abut Lacey could not help but tease the yung wolf. A nurse asked them t move to a small waiting room. Soon, Francine joined them, all excited and boasting about the twins. After Framcine came out, a war-weary Randall came out. He was pale, nervous, and at a loss for words. He sat. Dermic walked over. "Are you ok?"

"Dermic, I'm fine. I'm a dad. I'm a dad. Lacey is amazing. Anything that woman wants is hers." He vowed.

"Hush, don't' let the women hear you, they'll tell her." Dermic teased.

In an uncharacterisc move, Dermic wrapped his arms around Randall and hugged. "Thank you for giving her the one thing she wanted most."

Randall was speechless.

As soon as she was ready, Alexia went into Lacey's room. The twins were perfect. They looked angelic. Randallem and Reilly were exact replicas of their dad. Lacey was instantly smitten, and Alexia knew exactly how she felt.

Soon, the new mom and babies needed rest and everyone except her husband had to leave. They weren't alone for long because soon after their families had gone, they had an unexpected visitor appear.

A glorious light filled the room. Lacey froze, but Randallem bowed immediately.

"Stand, Randallem. You have done well my son. I am so proud of you. Your sons are a testament of the good you have done, and will honor for generations to come. Bless you my son." Then he faced Lacey. "Lacey, I want you to know that I have always been with you. Even when you felt alone, I was there. The monster that harmed you has paid dearly for his transgression. You have no need to fear anyone else, child. You are blessed. Randallem and Lacey, live and be blessed." He the touched the babies and for a second they glowed. Lacey was awed. The creator of all had just descended into her room. The maker of all anointed her children and blessed her family. He acknowledged them. He vanished and both parents were still speechless.

Lacey thought, "Wait, Randallem? He called you Randallem. Is that your name?"

Randall smiled, "Yes that is my name, but only he had the right to reveal it. When your uncle chose that name for our son, I knew I had my father's blessing. Tonight he came and gave me that blessing from his own lips. I am humbled."

*****

"Are you OK?" Kwame asked.

Things at Gaines had improved greatly. They had recruited twenty wolves to train as defenders. After dealing and working with Chris, Larry, and Jerald, Kwame was now an important member in the Gaines pack. He was greatly respected.

"Kwame, you almost fainted tonight." Alexia teased.

Kwame laughed. "No I did not. I was fine." He stated defensively.

Alexia hugged her mate. "OK, we'll see. When we have our next pup, I expect yu to stay alert the whole time."

"Wait, Alexia are you?" Kwame asked. Another pup would be wonderful.

"No, not yet, but soon. I want another baby. Besides, Mom and Dad are working on a little brother for me and I can spoil him for a while, but as soon as Keon is more independent, I want a little girl." Alexia added.

Kwame smiled, "I'll do my best, but if it's a boy you have to take what I can give you."

Alexia laughed, "A daughter, Kwame. You need to figure out how to make that happen. But until then, let's practice." And practice they did.

*****

EPILOGUE

What are you doing? Lexi asked her mate as she lay in their bed completely sated. Since the change, her mate was insatiable. He was so insatiable that a month after the change, Lexi became pregnant again. Bo was nervous decades ago when Alexia was born, but being a wolf, he relaxed and simply enjoyed this pregnancy with his mate. Two months ago, in the privacy of their own home, Bo was with her as she gave birth to their son, Boaz Thomson, Jr.. Now, Junior was growing like a weed. Bo once again spent as much time with him as he could. Lexi already knew where her mate was. She didn't even have to wait for his answer. In the nursery their two month old son lay awake cooing at his Dad . He needs to sleep, Bo. Put him down and come to bed.

Later woman, I'm teaching my son. He has a lot to learn and the first thing is to not drool all over himself.. Bo decreed. Junior cooed, and his mother laughed, but his grip on his father finger did not lessen. Bo was amazed that after all these years he was a father once more. Lexi went through labor and delivery without a problem. Years before when their daughter was born, they both knew that Alexia would be an only child, now since becoming a wolf, they were blessed and their small family grew. Alexia was not phased; she spoiled her baby brother as well as her own son, Keon. Keon was a great older nephew, and wanted to hold his baby uncle all of the time.

Becoming a wolf was second nature to Bo and Lexi. It was as if they had finally joined their family completely. They were truly home now. Junior dozed and Bo needed to run. He loved being free, and his wolf enjoyed being let free.

"Go, I've got Junior." Zishua chuffed, and within seconds, the huge dark wolf bounded outside. Bo ran, wild and free His heart raced, blood pumped freely as he took in the fresh clan air. He wished Hira could have joined him, but she had to stay with their son. Soon, he tired and rested. Bo leaned against a tree and admired the amazing colors of the Louisiana night sky. He would never grow tired of witnessing this majesty.

He looked around and realized where he was. He was standing where his story began. Decades ago, he met a young girl and stood in front of her to protect her. They became a family, then their little sister joined them. The three of them survived and now they were truly family. Zishua chuffed, and Bo laughed. He was still Boaz Thompson, tough kid that grew up in the streets, but thanks to his family, especially his Lexi he was so much more. Bo turned to leave when a sound caught his attention. He froze. Another young girl was being mistreated. Zishua was cautious, but he knew his human would intervene. Bo did, the huge wolf ran forward, scaring the assailant off. He went to the girl and she got up. She hugged the wolf, and as soon as someone called to her, the wolf ran away.

Zishua understood now. Margaret and Tia were more than just family to this man. They were a key part of his life. The two soon returned home where Lexi and Bo Jr. were fast asleep.

Thank you Bo for showing me. I understand better now. They are ours to keep safe and I promise you we will, Zishua vowed.

Bo smiled and simply replied They are my everything. I made them a promise years ago, and I intend to keep it. Thank you, Zishua, for helping me keep my word. The two went in to join their mate.

*****

"Alexia, you need to take a day off. You work too hard and the kids need you to stay home with them for once." Kwame stated, this time he was serious. When Alexi greed to have a second child, and he promised that he'd step up so she could pursue her research, he thought it would be easy. However, his son and daughter were a handful. Keon at five was a serious prankster and his target was his baby sister, Kiya. Not to make Kiya seem weak, the little girl had an arsenal at her fingertips. One cry and every male in the pack seemed to descend upon him. She knew it and used her weapon strategically.

"Babe, I'm almost done. In a few weeks, I promise to take a day. Are the kids really that hard to handle?" Alexia asked, confused. When she was home, both children were perfect little angels.

Kwame looked up. Keon had his mom fooled. Kiya knew how to play sweet and innocent. Those two had him looking like a raving lunatic.

"Babe, I have to go. I'll call later, ok." Alexia promised as she dashed off to the university. Kwame had to get busy. Keon and Kiya had to get to daycare and he had to report to his construction job.

"Da da! Da da!" Kiya called.

Like a true manservant, Kwame went running. The little girl stood in her crib, grinning as her Dad ran in. "Princess, what is it?"

Kiya gurgled and Kwame laughed. Like clockwork, Keon ran in and his little sister reached for him. Kwame lifted his little girl and called his son and the three went to prepare for the day.

At the lab, Alexia felt guilty. When she gave birth to Keon, she practically stopped working. She was there for his every step, but poor Kiya rarely saw her. She needed some time off. Contacting the resource department, Alexia took the next two weeks off. She was spending time with her family.

That night, as she lay beside her exhausted mate, Alexia took control. She worshipped Kwame's sturdy built frame. Kwame loved hen his mate was this amorous and he simply lay back and enjoyed her machinations. Soon, Kwame yelled as he reached his completion. Alexia chuckled. "Guess what. I took some time off. Guess whose home for two weeks?"

Kwame smiled, "Yes! It's about time. I've missed my woman."

Alexia laughed as her mate rolled over, pinning her beneath him. He spent the rest of the night giving her a preview of what to expect each night for the next two weeks.

The next morning, Kwame sat back and gave Alexia the pleasure of wrangling a rambunctious toddler and a demanding little diva. To his annoyance, the kids did not pull any of their usual antics with their mom.

*****

Randal worked. Dermic still gave him a hard time, not because he disliked him. He had a great deal of respect for the former angel, but he had to keep him on his toes. His strenuous chastising had gotten so bad that even his daughter and her new husband questioned him on their last visit. Vivian pointed out that he wasn't nearly as hard on her husband and he was her dad. He seemed bent on breaking Randall.

Dermic sighed and took a moment. He realized that maybe they were right, yet, Randal never disrespected him in any way. He looked at his niece, and smiled. After the lies Katrina told, he had more blood work done and the test came back showing that Lacey was definitely his kin. His brother was without a doubt her father, and he realized what he was doing. He, in his own twisted way, wanted to prove that this man, this guy could take care of her. Dermic could finally admit that Randall was an honorable man and Lacey was indeed lucky. He could and he needed to stand down.

One day, Dermic had to travel and he invited Randall along. Randall really did not want to go, but out of respect for the hierarchy, he agreed to accompany him. What surprised Dermic was the fact that Randall never argued, however, at this point, Lacey spoke out. At the family meeting to discuss the trip, the young woman could not hold her tongue and lashed out at her uncle and his unfair targeting of her husband.

Everyone froze, even Francine. However, Francine wore a small smile. It was about time Lacey spoke out in defense of her husband. She loved her Uncle Dermic because he raised her, and she never wanted to disrespect him, but Randall did not deserve to be picked on. Francine smiled, her husband, just like the Ivanov men, always saw their women as needing protection, but his overprotectiveness of Lacey was borderline insane. The room hushed. No one would ever dare to challenge Dermic. Randall moved and gathered his wife, apologizing profusely.

"Let her go, Randall. Allow Lacey to speak." Dermic demanded, pride welling up inside of him. This young woman was amazing. She'd survived so much, and now she finally stood her ground. Secretly, this was what he was waiting for.

"Uncle Dermic, I love you, but you need to stop. Randal has done everything you've asked, but this is too much. What do you have against him?" Lacey asked.

Dermic took a deep breath. "Everyone, excuse us for a moment. Lacey, Randall, come with me."

Everyone filed out except Francine. She joined her mate. "Randal, I do owe you an apology. Lacey is right; I have been extra hard on you, and I was wrong. You have gone above and beyond to prove your loyalty to my family and I have no reason to doubt you. I've watched you with your family. Lacey is the luckiest young woman on this planet because she has you and your son, Randallem and Reilly are two amazing little boys." Randall smiled. Truthfully, he missed seeing his grandkids and having the twins around simply brightened his day.

Francine smiled. "So now, will you stop being so overbearing, love."

Dermic sighed, "Yes, no more crazy uncle. Randal, will you please accompany me though. Lacey, I promise this is not a scheme. We can visit Natalia and her husband, and stop by DJ and Sasha's home. I need to see my grandkids." Dermic smiled and winked. Lacey relaxed and Randall held her close.

Lacey sighed and hugged her uncle. No matter what happened, she thanked the Gods for her cantankerous old uncle, but he needed to give her husband a break.

*****

The heavens above opened up and favor fell down on the mere creatures below. A host of angels fanned out. You see, even though Randall decided to become mortal, he still was destined to be a part of the immortal plane. The creator of all looked at all of his creations, from the oldest to the youngest and smiled. This was good. The vampire boys would lead a great charge, but they would not be alone. Members of the wolf clans would join them. Events were already being set in place for the great challenges to come. The sons of Randallem and the grandchildren of Akeemo all possessed a great charge.