All Comments on 'Murder Mystery Weekend Pt. 06'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
jay_pearcejay_pearceabout 8 years ago
A well spun yarn!

This was a well thought out and well written piece of work and I could hardly stand it waiting for each new chapter. I hope that you keep writing and I look forward to reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

great story. just wished the epilogue was longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great writer!

Fell in love with your storytelling on the bridge club. This story was another fantastic addition to your, hopefully, growing body of work. Thank you. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank You Very Much

Another excellent story. Very well done.

mysteryman196mysteryman196about 8 years ago
Excellent!

Really enjoyed this story! I do wish the buildup to Colin & Teresa getting back together was a bit more drawn out. I related to the story quite well, as I have partaken in a couple of Murder Mystery nights, and could picture the cottage as well, though I admittedly was replacing some of the scenes with my own cottage. The epilogue was a bit brief, but I suppose it provided some closure as well. Overall, well done. 5 * from me.

bosombuddiesbosombuddiesabout 8 years ago
Great story

Loved the murder mystery setting, really made proceedings more fun than usual for a story like this.

charlie48charlie48about 8 years ago
Excellent story

I look forward to your next, this was a wonderful roller coaster with twists on every turn except one. Thanks again

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandabout 8 years ago
Truely wonderful!

You did a great job with this story. Loved it.

It's funny, I remember see the name of this story popping up and thinking that it sounded like an interesting read. However I kept passing it by not noticing Your name underneath. Had I connected the dots faster, I would have read this much sooner.

Easily better than The Bridge Club, and that was pretty damn good too!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
alright

I liked the story overall, the creativity and the effort to pull off a whodunit in an erotica was commendable. One thing I'm not really on point was how the relationship between Colin and Teresa developed. I didn't feel the spark between them, only Colin's frequent comments on her Mona Lisa smile and his compliments on her intellect showed his attraction to her. I know Teresa was supposed to lurk in the shadows and let Colin sow his oats and have some sort of epiphany but she was not really projecting anything more than platonic and supportive emotions to him. It would have been better if she showed some sort of jealousy, some subtle acts of being hurt that he was sleeping with other women, but there was nothing. I think they would have been better as best friends and Colin pursued Lena and ended up with her.

Wang4Wang4almost 8 years ago
Superior Effort

This was even better than your bridge weekend.

Great imagination required to develop a storyline like this one. Thank you for that!! Might have developed a few of the characters a bit more but that may also have lengthened the story excessively..

Thank you for sharing your excellent story telling.

Ed

sithonsithonalmost 8 years ago
Very good.

I love the nice touch of having Leo being unable to tell Ee how he feels.

Very realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jeepers

You are really a good writer. l am duly impressed. And looking forward eagerly to your next tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
another awesome read!

very well crafted - thanks for this and I hope to see more from you soon

goodwritingfangoodwritingfanabout 7 years ago
Teresa and Colin

I loved their relationship. Very good writing

fafhrd09fafhrd09over 6 years ago
Bravo!

Nicely crafted!

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTalmost 5 years ago
It took me a long time to read this one

After the disaster that was the bridge club (from my point of view) I was afraid to read this one. The titles of the chapters made me expect something else.

I have to admit that I didn't like the premise of the relationship, this "you should go fuck other people so you can come back to me a more mature man" thing doesn't quite jell right with me, but I'll just chalk it up to different outlooks on life.

I really liked the storyline, the murder mystery club setting was really well accomplished, and I was really hoping Ben would get some longer lasting comeuppance (alas, it was not to be).

All in all, pretty well crafted, apart from the main romance.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 4 years ago
5 stars

If only it had a huge orgy while everyone going at it. That would have been nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Premise

I also did not like the premise. She encouraged him to sleep with other women in the same house she was in. Knowing that he did so, she did not want him to wear a condom the next time they were together. Crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you for a wonderful story. 5 stars, of course.

I did have a lot of fun, really. BUT - I don't like the second main character, Teresa, at all. She says it herself: She's a manipulative woman. Makes me shudder. And unfortunately that has me questioning the main character, Colin, too. So - artfully written, very entertaining story, but the main characters are unrelatable for me. It's like a building I admire for its audacious construction, but would not dream of living in it.

notbatmannotbatmanalmost 3 years ago

This is SO GOOD. You really do a fantastic job with characters and realism between their personalities and interactions.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

I don't know why people are quibbling about not liking the characters. With eleven characters if they they were all cute and cuddly there would be no interplay worth mentioning between them and it would be BORING! This was a clever and well crafted piece of writing and well worth the the money you paid - just be grateful.

PtmcPilotPtmcPilotover 2 years ago

What a fabulous story!!!!

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Marvellous story, loved it. Straight into my favourites.

Must read some more of your works

5/5

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingover 1 year agoAuthor

I can't believe that it's been six years since I wrote this. It was fun to write. I completely understand the negative reactions to Theresa; it's difficult to present strong women, and I probably didn't do a very good job in that respect. I was trying to channel a kinder, gentler type of 'Dangerous Liaisons' relationship. He had a lot of growing up to do before they could be together.

I still have a lot of room to improve, but this isn't bad for a second effort.

cleareyedguycleareyedguyover 1 year ago

Terrific story. It’s a challenge to cook up a fresh plot line and so many distinct personalities. I didn’t care about all of them equally, but when would that ever be true? Fwiw, strong female characters—like Theresa—tend to prompt negative reactions among literoticians, so I’d take those criticisms with a grain of salt. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You are the consummate story teller. From first page to last, you hold the reader in the palm of your hand. Your genius is that you are not writing stories that are just a carrier for sex, you are telling tales that hold our interest and the sex they contain is just natural and not "in your face". Keep writing, please.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

and next Teresa will dump her ToyBoy for an "real Men", someone who play cold to her and is dating other "optional" women and don't put her on an pedestal. Really? Going back to an manipulative bitch that broke your heart bcs the men loved her? He should have dumped that bitch for the next women who appreciated his love. Beside this - great storyline, well written... of cause, the story seemes an little unrealistic at some points but it's still imaginative and fun to read. Thank you and be well

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories