My Married Friend's Son

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And, boy did Raylan shine. He played out his options with the Mets, improving every year. When he was eligible, he signed a monster contract with the Giants, who were happy to have MLB's first openly gay player as its starting shortstop and leadoff hitter. Raylan was a sensation in San Francisco, and he earned every dime the Giants threw at him.

We saw him all the time. We went to his wedding (although we were not fans of his husband, a banker from New York who rubbed almost everyone but Raylan the wrong way). We went to his son's baptism. And to his daughter's.

Raylan retired from baseball at 35, ultimately the victim of a ruptured disk in his neck that limited him physically and placed him at risk if he continued to try to play. He moved immediately into broadcasting, and he is now the beautiful face of Sunday Night Baseball. Much as he was for the Mets, he's a sensation, gliding into the booth as if he had been born there.

*****

Trick is now 37. I am now 62. His career (mostly as a fourth outfielder) is winding down. It's been remarkably average. But, it's been fun. He has made more money than we'll ever need.

It has not always worked between us. I had a hard time keeping my mind open, and Trick was not one to be fenced in. He was discreet, but his discretion was for baseball's sake, not mine.

We took breaks from each other, usually at my request. We returned to each other, also usually at my request.

Trick's parents reached out to him after awhile. When he told them they had to have a relationship with me if they were to have one with him, they balked. It was obviously their loss, as Trick was a wonder as a human being. Except for the one area that kept recurring, he was the most selfless, other-centered person I had ever met. It had kept him in the major leagues, as he was always referred to as a "perfect teammate." He was a locker room All-Star.

We don't know where we will write our next chapter. Trick wants a family and to go to New York to be near Raylan and to try his luck at singing. I think I am too old for a family and too tame for New York. I want to go someplace warm and go gently into that good night, whenever that may be.

Trick will probably win. He almost always does with me.