All Comments on 'My Story'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 506 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

I am saddened by the story but it expressed something true and honest. Did he ruin his marriage? Sorta. But not really. Is it someone’s fault for not finding the reserve of patience and love in their heart to get over an insult? So, maybe he oversaw the eulogy, but he didn’t cause the death. He only recognized it.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 days ago

good story. pretty sad that neither could move on.

had a few spelling errors that tripped my eyes up but nobody's perfect. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Well written but sad. Have to agree her first question when he got back form his hometown, was basically a reconciliation killer. For a woman who he later said was contrite, penitent, and utterly willing to anything to make it work, she certainly said some stupid things. Also while many aggrieved spouses will say in anger "don't tell me sorry", you better believe they notice the absence of it and that is a reconciliation killer. Of course the asshole being the bio dad is heart tending, not to mention her total abandon as a wild f$ck. But almost more glaring is her total lack of any explanation fir the second day / night. After all these years she has no explanation? That belies her saying Robert Paulson wasn't that good. She went back a second line and in all these years never cane up with an explanation, if even a painful one. While he went our of his way to hurt her emotionally and was incapable of forgiveness, she did pretty much everything possible to screw up a reconciliation by some of things she said or did not say. She probably liked it rough and the unredticted sexual activities, was still pissed at her husband, and thought no one would ever know. It is understandable, though dishonorable, why she never confessed. Had she done so early on, he would have left her. Period. But the post discovery phase was just handled poorly by her. Probably because while 15 years had passed, she did not recognize that what was buried and settled fir her in the past, and she had even rewritten her time with the lounge lizard in her mind as being nothing special and meaningless in the face of their marriage and life together, and not even good sex (revisionist history perhaps or just recognitiin of the newness and appeal of rough, uninhibited sex with a stranger, not the man or any skills on his part; all speculation), but it was all brand new to him and ripped his heart out, tearing apart their happy memories of their time together. Whatever her lack of sensitivity was astounding. Suspect it was the time gap and lack of empathy on her part. But yeah her first question if how he found our, was strike one, strike two, foul ball, and incoming 95 moh fast ball, high and tight. Talk about getting any post discovery repair to their marriage off to a hideous start. Was insulting and completely insensitive. The standard thing woukd be "How are you doing?", "I am so sorry.", or "What can I do to fix our marriage?" None of that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Excellent story. I enjoyed how you laid it out. And how your emotions led you to a conclusion. Life a bitch, sometimes !

tjreadertjreader4 days ago

Excellent story well told. Five stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 days ago

Read again. Great story though if I was going to leave it would have been much sooner. As to his business, he didn’t own a business. He owned his job. Owning a business means you can leave for a year and it continues to make money.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous