All Comments on 'My Story'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 506 Comments
Schwanze1Schwanze13 days ago

Read again. Great story though if I was going to leave it would have been much sooner. As to his business, he didn’t own a business. He owned his job. Owning a business means you can leave for a year and it continues to make money.

tjreadertjreader4 days ago

Excellent story well told. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Excellent story. I enjoyed how you laid it out. And how your emotions led you to a conclusion. Life a bitch, sometimes !

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Well written but sad. Have to agree her first question when he got back form his hometown, was basically a reconciliation killer. For a woman who he later said was contrite, penitent, and utterly willing to anything to make it work, she certainly said some stupid things. Also while many aggrieved spouses will say in anger "don't tell me sorry", you better believe they notice the absence of it and that is a reconciliation killer. Of course the asshole being the bio dad is heart tending, not to mention her total abandon as a wild f$ck. But almost more glaring is her total lack of any explanation fir the second day / night. After all these years she has no explanation? That belies her saying Robert Paulson wasn't that good. She went back a second line and in all these years never cane up with an explanation, if even a painful one. While he went our of his way to hurt her emotionally and was incapable of forgiveness, she did pretty much everything possible to screw up a reconciliation by some of things she said or did not say. She probably liked it rough and the unredticted sexual activities, was still pissed at her husband, and thought no one would ever know. It is understandable, though dishonorable, why she never confessed. Had she done so early on, he would have left her. Period. But the post discovery phase was just handled poorly by her. Probably because while 15 years had passed, she did not recognize that what was buried and settled fir her in the past, and she had even rewritten her time with the lounge lizard in her mind as being nothing special and meaningless in the face of their marriage and life together, and not even good sex (revisionist history perhaps or just recognitiin of the newness and appeal of rough, uninhibited sex with a stranger, not the man or any skills on his part; all speculation), but it was all brand new to him and ripped his heart out, tearing apart their happy memories of their time together. Whatever her lack of sensitivity was astounding. Suspect it was the time gap and lack of empathy on her part. But yeah her first question if how he found our, was strike one, strike two, foul ball, and incoming 95 moh fast ball, high and tight. Talk about getting any post discovery repair to their marriage off to a hideous start. Was insulting and completely insensitive. The standard thing woukd be "How are you doing?", "I am so sorry.", or "What can I do to fix our marriage?" None of that.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 days ago

good story. pretty sad that neither could move on.

had a few spelling errors that tripped my eyes up but nobody's perfect. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

I am saddened by the story but it expressed something true and honest. Did he ruin his marriage? Sorta. But not really. Is it someone’s fault for not finding the reserve of patience and love in their heart to get over an insult? So, maybe he oversaw the eulogy, but he didn’t cause the death. He only recognized it.

Helen1899Helen189920 days ago

Sadly more near the truth than most of the Living WIfe stories, which in the main safe highly fictional. Did I enjoy it, I doubt anyone could, but I appreciate how well written it was and gave it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Came off as depressingly real...

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 1 month ago

A 4 from me

Loved the part where there was no ex or miraculous meeting with a future partner that is so familiar in other LW stories.

To me the MC patently failed to get his head out of his arse!

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 months ago

Loved the story other than him blaming himself for the end of their marriage. In a way I guess its true, but it was the reaction to her betrayal. Unless ppl know what true betrayal is, then u don't have a leg to stand on when u criticize someone in his shoes.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Depressed me tremendously. And I wound up skimming a lot of it.

mariverzmariverz2 months ago

si obviamos la no hija biologica y la forma en que hace el descubrimiento....( muy buen, espero, recurso del autor) obviando lo anterior, esta historia es la mas realista que he leido en toda literotica

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

Sorry but this has to be one of the most boring stories I have read on this site. Its one long list of excuses for non confrontation and not making a decent life after a wifes infidelity. Its also a load of excuses for letting your family down by always being away. Altogether a pathetic family and no revenge against the bad guy.

SlithyToveSlithyTove3 months ago

Brilliantly brutal.

PondLife2023PondLife20233 months ago

Answer to his question: Yes one and done!

Seek out bastard child’s father, sue for cost of upbringing to that point.

Explain to bastard child why he was rejecting her, then kick her out!

Tell all those preaching forgiveness, to think like sensible people, realise who was the wronged party and punish the wrong doer!

ibuguseribuguser3 months ago

Well written. 5*.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months ago

A lovely, sad story. Thanks for posting. Your stories do, though, lack reconciliation. I accept that. Well, they're /your/ stories. You tell them your way, and I respect that. I think, though, that I'd like to re-read them with the reverse ending. Which, of course, isn't going to happen.

I wish you were still writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This long, boring piece of drivel has been stolen and put up on several YouTube channels. It’s not bad enough we have to suffer through it here, now it’s blasted all over YouTube

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Paternity fraud? Instant divorce. The emphasis on the lies appears to be a way that many authors try to signal some kind moral and intellectual sophistication...

as if the sex doesn't really matter. But the sex does matter. It is the basis for continued human existence, and that is why every advanced culture has emphasized the importance of confining sex and procreation within marriage, at least until the immoral and deviants gained cultural power to control institutions, media, and art to denigrate the importance of marriage, chastity, having children within wedlock, and self discipline. The result is cultural decline towards the standards of ghettos and Barrios, which brings economic and social disintegration and massive declines in fertility among those who should reproduce.

If we pretend the story is real life, Stacy and her accessories after the fact turned the MC into a slave. Had she been honest immediately after the adultery she might have had a chance for her marriage to survive. As it was, she was no victim. She victimized her husband in one of the most vicious ways possible.

hapmarriedhapmarried4 months ago

Really great writing. So many LW critics demand salve for their own real wounds that they miss the quality of the fictional storytelling. The characters live in the mind of the writer, who owes no apologies for what they do. You made me feel his emotions and weigh his options. I cannot ask more.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Two people cannot luve years under the same roof hating each other. Worst way to raise a family. Their kids and themselves would be much better off had they divorced. They were both cowards, afraid to face the truths of life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hated it

Ursus1932Ursus19325 months ago

This one is about a stupid fish (dunbass) cutting off his nose to spite his face. Anything lower than a single star?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hard. No winners, just pain.

What becomes of the brokenhearted?

Is that all there is?

gprevgprev6 months ago

The longest, drawn out 'drama's ', ever. I should have stopped after the 2nd paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Her fucking tne guy tne second night…combined with never really saying she was sorry, ended the marriage.

.

He was stupid to stay married to her for so long. For the kids? Nah…kids are smart. No way they were not negatively affected by the years long tension in that household. No way. For himself, for Stacy, and for the kids he should have divorced her soon after learning the entire story.

.

4 ****

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

Read this a bunch of times and still loved it. It's too bad he lived like that and yes, she did too but she deserved it as her penance.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Super well done. Incredibly realistic depiction. Good writing. Wish this author was more prolific here.

And can I say...the commenter Highbrow...just shut the fuck up. I think you protest too much. So much spewing against "femdom agitprop" all over the comments sections like it's some kind of obsession. I'm thinking some ex-wife had you caged with a dildo shoved up your ass daily. That's why you are on here railing against the world. Get a fucking life.

jopstorm1945jopstorm19458 months ago

Don't understand why Jacob did not divorce the slut as soon as he found out about the affair. Many with lies! Her part 1/5 his part 3/5.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I hate you. "For the sake of the children" is the biggest lie ever told. No matter how hard parents try, kids always know, and I can assure you that if you were really looking out for their best interests, you'd have divorced immediately instead of condemning them to a decade of living in a loveless home. Ive been in that situation, and I can promise you, even though I would have missed whichever parent lost custody of me, Id have much prefered growing up in as a child of divorce, than doing everything I could and finding every excuse to avoiding being in a broken home pretending it wasn't. I honestly cant tell if this story is autobiographical, or just really well written, but I'll give you the benefite of the doubt and say that Jacob is selfish for putting the children through that hell. If this is just a story, then congratualtions, its amazingly well written, but if its even in part based on truth, please please please, check with your children. Emotional trauma is a very real, as you no doubt know, but please look after your kids and grandkids to make sure they dont take make the same mistakes you did.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very well written and painful to read. Your skill as an author alone got a five from me. You're truly one of the best storytellers I've come across on this site..

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

DAMN. This story had 10 times as many words as it needed. WORDY!! Hell yea.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Don't worry. I can still hear you. Another wimp husband." Yup.

dwightersdwighters10 months ago

Interesting story. From my perspective, this appears to be closer to the actual truth for some, rather than the typical BTB/RAAC stories. It may not be as emtionally satisfying, but I can undrstand how some may react this way; muddle through until the children are 18 so as to remain an integral part of their lives and remain in a better position to nurture/protect them.

fredbrownfredbrown11 months ago

Depressing, sad, and certainly not what I wanted him to do, sadly tis not for the reader to rewrite the story so the husband has to trudge on thru his melancholy life.

Not sure if I am gruntled - or disgruntled, pick one I guess .......

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You made it painful for your readers. If that was your intention then you've done a perfect job. 4*

donjuan1954donjuan195411 months ago

Good read thanks. Hope you come back.

Pinto931Pinto93111 months ago

Sad story, he really had to either forgive her or move on for his own sake.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Unbearable grief for both of them. She trashed the love of her life for a lousy two nights of mediocre sex. He tortured both of them by persisting in a giant lie for "the sake of the children". As though the children couldn't feel the tension that they couldn't understand. It would have been far better to divorce her immediately rather than destroying what remained of both of their spirits and traumatizing their children. By the end it was too late for either of them to have a fresh start at a chance for a new, more satisfying life. So sad. Sounds like this might be a true story. I'd love to hear the childrens take on what it was like and how it scarred them. Intergenerational trauma.

LMJ

tinfoilhattinfoilhat12 months ago

Holy crap. I thought I had gone through the wringer in my life. This was the best depiction of a relationship turned into apathy I've ever read. I don't think I could take any more of this author's stories.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So he finds out that his mother wasn’t loyal to him. Unfortunately, he doesn’t know this until after she dies. I would have rage against my mom betraying me, and no way to resolve it. This would make my punishment against the slut, her mother, and her friend even more severe!

Let’s see, you don’t tell me the truth for years? Okay, you don’t need a tongue or vocal cords anymore. Remove your fingers so that you can’t use a keyboard to communicate. Remove your eyes so that they can’t setup a device similar to Stephen Hawking. Then deafness to leave them sealed, alone, with their thoughts!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Was quite stunning that she did not apologize wholeheartedly. She clearly loved him was remorseful but the lie had taken over her life and their marriage and she did itnfor what she thought was their survival. But wow no asking for forgiveness. No begging. Surreal when you see the dialog. Hard to imagine. And yeah no rationale for why repeating everything the second night and NO contraception? First night ok she was drunk. But second day / night? Wtf? Robert's testimony can be exaggerated or inflated. Whatever. Who knows. But she did many things with him she had not done first with her husband. She was irrational with anger and upset? How does that justify the second time? Seems to invalidate "he wasn't that good". It is crazy that she seems internally remorseful but has no real capability to apologize. Again surreal. Would wager that apologizing early and owning up to what she did early in their dialog when he got back might have swung things to reconciliation. Not this depressing abortion of a marriage that it mutated into.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wel written but ao depressing and so realistic. Wow.

BAnde53507BAnde53507about 1 year ago

Unbearably sad. Some of the best writing I’ve seen on Lit. Hope the author returns to writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

that was some depressing shit...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please don’t write anymore stories like this. If we wanted real life we would look in the mirror at our lives. LM

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Men can get very weak and lazy in their old age. They lose their fire and become easy prey for women who no longer care about them but are delighted to use and belittle them. Femdom agitprop welcomes another cuck. It’s been going on since the beginning of Time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would have divorced her slut ass as soon as I discovered that she had cheated. Period.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

Tan potente que me deprimió...5 estrellas por aquí.

Cómo nunca, hubiera querido un Btb contra Robert.

Fuera de eso, perfecto 💯

dirtyharry6971dirtyharry6971about 1 year ago

Maybe I missed it but you never said exactly what it was that convinced you that this guy was talking about your wife. I feel your predicament, but I don’t know why you would let what she did keep you from finding someone else, I know I didn’t even tho I stayed in the marriage too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I've read many stories on this site and the awful truth is that the love Jacob and Stacy shared was destroyed. of course, Jacob could have gone for the divorce. The usual would have happened with the children and money so the husband no wanting to lose his kids hopes he can forget. But again, the truth is and people can disagree with me, but no one forgets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Hmmmm. I don't know if I've read a more impactful story on this site. You can feel his frustration at his inability to forgive, for his own sake, so that he can move on with his life. In essence, he desends into hell on finding out about her infidelity and betrayal and doesn't ever emerge. Life is hell and then you die. Heart-rending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He should not have stayed with her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well written but very sad. Here the husband traps himself in a corrupted marriage after discovering his wife's betrayal. His wounds never healed. He blames it on the lies and all the years she lied. But objectively speaking, once too much time had set in, and especially when she knew he was not the biological father of her daughter (she knew at 3 months), of course she would lie. Who wouldn't? Sad but true. But let's call it what it really is. She took FOREVER to say she was sorry. Her attitude sucked. Yeah he set no conditions but she didn't do shit for penance other than letting him hate fuck her. She should have gone to therapy early and then realized how she hurt him and apologized way earlier. In fact instead of how did he find out, her first words when he got back should have been to desperately apologize. She probably really is sorry. She probably really did love him. But she didn't show it or communicate that for shit because for her it was many years ago. Except for him it just freaking happened. And let's call a spade a spade. She had a daughter by another man while cheating. If she had not gotten pregnant then they would not have divorced. This MC is not Old Testament or hard-core BTB. After that weekend when she betrayed him (went back a second night, so she compounds lies about the sex), they had many great years before the discovery. For most men divorcing in that scenario of one weekend of debauchery based on liquor, anger, and seduction, with all those great years of marriage and kids, would be akin to amputation of a limb. Not smart. Sure would need counseling and her to NOT have a shitty attitude about it but it should.be mendable. But she got pregnant. Period. The moral if this story. Use contraception when you commit adultery. Wtf?

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Excellent !

But sad.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

No sympathetic characters may be true to life, but it makes the reading a slog. Good writing doesn’t always make for good reading.

norcal62norcal62over 1 year ago

How in the devil could this have a score of 4.31? Not from my input and that of the several just below me. I concur with their assessments of the MC and the self-absorbed story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

What a depressing story. So sad that lives were thrown away by both the wife and husband. The only winner in this story seems to be Robert Paulson, he got two nights with a drunk whore and no child support to worry about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a pitiful character. Not one single quality. I wonder how he got a woman at all. His living all those years was a waste of oxygen.

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 1 year ago

Husband was pathetic! He wasted his families and his life for nothing but his own pathetic introflection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure how I got through this story. It was arduous at best,

I found the husband to be one of the most pathetic character, ever. Men just don't behave like he did. he was so cowardly and too indecisive. And then to continue to exist in the situation, brooding and stamping his feet , for years, made it impossible to have any respect for him. He behaved like a child, not a man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad and well written story. But once he knew the truth. Why would he stay? Why pile on for so many years? Start over. And yes why did the loving wife repeat all her bad decision a second night for supposedly mediocre sex. Dealbreaker. And worse why cheat without using protection? What is she 15 years old? Maybe if too drunk the first night, but again the second? Wtf?

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Oh I thought that this was so truthful, so many stories here drop on one side or the other but you kept it just on the edge, just as it is in real life, so hard to give up so much or stay and be unhappy, a real life choice.

I think a lot of men would stay and have a slut to use badly until she has to get out, or they do the other thing and just dump her and moan about the loss of the kids and money .

I liked this a lot from reading your stories I feel a woman has hurt you in the past and this is a good way for you to get over her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truly heart breaking. I sit here knowing how this man felt. There is no forgiving certainly no forgetting when it comes to the heart and mind!!! Just saying....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The staying with her makes no fucking sense.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

The mc should've left as soon as he found out.. Instead he became a prisoner and abuser which makes him worse. I loathe reconciliations and weak husbands but he still could've been a good father even divorced, which I don't understand ppl who think they need to stay together for that to happen

CindyTVCindyTVover 1 year ago

Well written and 5 Stars. Personally, learning that she knew her daughter was not his, and keeping it a secret with her mother and friend, would have been a deal breaker. If he had left at that point, he may have saved years of sadness and met someone to share his life with. His mistake was staying for the children and not finding a way to keep them in his life. Thanks for sharing.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐ Too much backfill and repeating the same shit over and over. Should have been a one page story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read another story of another writer with almost same plot but I liked what the husband did to his wife there. He asked his wife to arrange for a lump sum from the biological father to pay but never divorced the bitch for the sake of children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Maybe a 12. Brutal. Still living it. Maybe even worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She robbed him and herself of many years of possible happiness. She was so selfish she did not tell him of her infidelity which he had a right to know especially as her daughter was not his. Had they divorced due to adultery he may have got on and found happiness with another or at least by himself. The twins should never have been born. Sleeping adultery is never a good thing and when it comes to light adds worse misery than if it were new. A good story plot but I feel it should have been handled differently. Robert Paulson should have been ordered to pay back child support and the daughter informed of who her real father is because of possible medical issues, if nothing else, but I assume she would have had words with her mother for her daddy not being her real father. That was stolen from her. Had this occurred I feel the story may have had a more fulfilling ending especially for the husband the story was about.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Such a good story! I almost feel sorry for her, but there is no explanation of why she did it. Not cheating is so damn easy. You just remember that what you have has value. There is no statute of limitation on adultery.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

To forgive is to set a prisoner free

and discover that the prisoner was thee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Helen.

Hey dummy. You can't make someone love someone else.

And if the level of betrayal is at this level described here? That would gut a normal man. And when that happens? Love can just die. As in its gone. It doesn't exist anymore.

If it does not exist anymore...you can't make it reappear. It isn't an ego thing. It isn't a pride thing.

Just some human beings love so deeply and completely that when that love is betrayed?? It changes them. Immediately. This goes for men and women I've known in life.

And I can tell you...I'd rather be alone living a good life. And you CAN absolutely live a good and fulfilling life without being married. I'd rather be living that way than with a partner who can cheat and betray to that level and then lie to my face every single day for 13 years. What isn't that person capable of doing or lying about? Yeah...nope. That's a toxic person for my life. And I'm not gonna live with her.

What she did to her husband in this story is really actually the worst thing in the world a wife can do to her husband. The. Worst.

And anybody who says otherwise? Is full of horseshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Helen.

Hey dummy. You can't make someone love someone else.

And if the level of betrayal is at this level described here? That would gut a normal man. And when that happens? Love can just die. As in its gone. It doesn't exist anymore.

If it does not exist anymore...you can't make it reappear. It isn't an ego thing. It isn't a pride thing.

Just some human beings love so deeply and completely that when that love is betrayed?? It changes them. Immediately. This goes for men and women I've known in life.

And I can tell you...I'd rather be alone living a good life. And you CAN absolutely live a good and fulfilling life without being married. I'd rather be living that way than with a partner who can cheat and betray to that level and then lie to my face every single day for 13 years. What isn't that person capable of doing or lying about? Yeah...nope. That's a toxic person for my life. And I'm not gonna live with her.

What she did to her husband in this story is really actually the worst thing in the world a wife can do to her husband. The. Worst.

And anybody who says otherwise? Is full of horseshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

From the anon who commented "A disgusting man! Wants to have it all!! Useless"

You are a fucking moron. It's obvious you have never actually loved so deeply and been so absolutely trusting of a soul mate that when you find out he/she has betrayed you for no understandable reason...that it literally guts you. Turns your entire life into a complete and utterly lie.

When that happens? All you can do is stumble through life like a zombie. If kids are involved? You try and do the best you can for them.

That's it. I found this story to be incredibly realistic. Believable. Well written.

And this character isn't disgusting. He doesn't want to have it all. He'd prefer to simply have a wife who wasn't a shameless, lying cunt who cheated...not once...but 2 nights in a row. Went back for a 2nd night of fucking the stranger. Got impregnated by this other man. And then passed it off as his kid. Lying to him for more than a dozen years. Making him raise a bastard. The wife character is the very definition of a bitch of a wife.

She got exactly what she deserved. Exactly.

Actually she got better than what she deserved. He could have kicked her out. Used her infidelity...proof by DNA tests...to humiliate her in a divorce. Caused her children to hate her. Her family and friends to reject her.

As it was...she got a husband to at least assist in raising the kids. And in the end she got a nice golden parachute after the kids were gone and he divorced her.

She's rhe one that has to live with the shame. With the knowledge that she fucked up. His life. Her life. The intense connection and the deep love that they shared for the first 15 years of their marriage. She blew that up. Not him. He was simply the kind of man that once he found out? Once he knew? That knowledge changed him. He could not get past it. And no amount of counseling or honest discussion was going to be able to change his mind or his heart.

And she's the one who initiated the friends with benefits aspect to their relationship. He tried like hell to avoid her. When she threw herself at him...he justntrwated her like rhe whore she was. No love. No intimacy. No more affection. You don't love and cuddle a whore after you fuck the hell out of her. And that's what she was.

I think overall...this story is pretty close to describing a normal human reaction to this level of betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Apparently when hit by thr Martian Slut Ray the afflicted woman is no longer able to think about contraception or morning after pills. The paternity fraud killed their marriage. And why the second night? Wtf?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A disgusting man! Wants to have it all!! Useless

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Someone must have really hurt you in life. Your stories all featured depressed, lonely people who strove to remain that way, If any of your MC's had worked half as hard at fixing things they would have had better and happier lives. I feel sorry that you seem incapable of standing up and letting go of the pain. Hopefully your stories have shown you that you have chosen misery over forgiveness and happiness.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 2 years ago

This sad, but well written. excellent story is one of, if not the, best I have read, hear on Literotica. The author does not use any of the typical tropes one finds in LW stories nor do any of the characters go over board in their actions. It is a sad, heart tugging, tear wringing story that, at least for me, really gets to you. I really regret that Jidoka has not written anything in the past eight years. I hope all is well with the author and their loved ones. That it was a choice on Jidoka's part that caused the ending of their posting and not any unfortunate outside factor, that often plague RL, that caused the ceasing of their writings.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A grizzly story about a wayward wife who commits the ultimate betrayal by trying to hide pregnancy and someone else’s fathering of her baby. What a horrible situation for the husband. I can identify with this person 100% and yet he had to make some really difficult life choices and put his children first, which I admire. I don’t see him as a wimp or a wuss but instead I see him as a great man who stood by his kids first and foremost. I also agree with the way he treated his wife basically like she wasn’t even there . Hopefully he found love later in life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The wife royally screwed up. The second night was really, really bad, but she obviously worked to be a good wife afterwards. She calculated correctly that if he knew about the true nature of the paternity, then he would leave here. He did it years and years later. Why however does a cheating wife not demand their lover use a freaking condom or.make sure they were on the pill. Sheer idiocy. If the daughter had not been Robert's they would have not busted apart. Seriously, it is called contraception. Just because as husband and wife, you don't use it, doesn't mean you be stupid when getting strange penis. Their are a ton of options. Including a morning after pill. Wltf?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The paternity fraud is really hard to swallow. I suspect hearing the details from Robert was a bridge too far. Surprised though that given the time, that this couldn't have been a reconciliation, if even an unhappy one. Author went for the emotional jugular.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Where does Helen below get the idea that "Jacob" is written as a narcissist? He certainly isn't. It's a sad story, but if there was a narcissist, it was Stacy, at least for a brief time. The paternity fraud is unforgivable. A woman like Stacy would consider herself insanely lucky if her cuck stayed and raised the bastard's child. The "ego" comment below is just so much feminist flatulence. Stacy betrayed him profoundly over and over again and lied and lied and lied. Yeah, it was just a "grave mistake", but everybody makes a "mistake" or two like that - more feminist horseshit. A more insightful comment would have been that all of that essentially "killed" Jacob. What Helen below stupidly attributes to "ego" and a decision by Jacob really resulted from Stacy destroying something in him. Like cutting off an arm, what she destroyed wasn't going to come back. IRL, I'd say it's just too bad for the slut.

To paraphrase a certain commenter, "Oh how I hate women like that."

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

What a great author, nobody pulls my heart strings like you can do. The description of the love between Jacob and Stacey was so heart warming. How could any author write that, then destroy it and destroy my heart to. But how can a great author create an narcissist like Jacob, ok Stacey's behaviour was disgusting, a grave mistake but nobody goes through life without making one or two. Ok he stood by his children especially his princess who wasn't his. But why condemn himself and Stacey to see out their final years in misery, when without ever rekindling their relationship to what it was originally, they could have been friends ( they did enjoy each others company) with benefits, but he had to much of an ego to show any forgiveness, oh how i hate men like that.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 2 years ago

Do you think it would have hurt as badly if he hadn't heard about it from a loudmouthed braggart like Paulson?

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Sad sad story. One of the best emotional description I've read.

If she had come clean they might have a chance. Instead she was living a lie for so many years and when he found out it ruined their marriage. He just couldn't go past the lie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuck rubbish.

COYSCOYSalmost 2 years ago

Sad sad story

This is a sad but great story. Well written and very emotional. But I never got why she had the affair and why she went back the second night? To me the second night was the killer. No coming back from that. And why would she tell her friend and her mom? Was she bragging to them? I don’t like to be critical, but I wish we could get into the head of the wife to understand these things. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best writers on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for your intelligence. I’ll read and reread this many times.

DreddrasDreddrasabout 2 years ago

Allowed her husband to unknowingly raise another man's child, and didn't stop him from getting a vasectomy thus ensuring that he could not start again. Just despicable stuff. An uneasy cohabitation during the child rearing years was really all that could be expected in terms of reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Family would have to see and feel the disruptive behavior of dad etc

Better for them to just split

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

I can deal with reconciliation if and only if partner is truly sorry. This does not come off that way. She just wants forgiveness, without repentance..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very real touch of the reality of married life, nothing is simply black and white as much as we would all wish it was. The seven deadly "sins" dog our every daily move.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Is this story written by a woman?.

Affair kill the marriage not the other way around

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

Very intelligent writer. Just finished reading all your work here. High scores for all.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1*star for this piece of shit WIMP CUCK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WEAK WIMP OF A MAN. NO SELF RESPECT.

OBSESSION WITH A WOMANADE HIM BLIND. SHOULD HAVE GOT THE EVIDENCE AND PUBLICLY DISGRACED HER.

SLUTS COMES OUT SMELLING LIKE ROSES

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 2 years ago

She believed "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.", he believed "Eye for eye, tooth for tooth."

He is a very good writer.

She was right.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous