All Comments on 'My Story'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 501 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
if this is your story, I feel sorry for you

you lived your life as a little man, half of nothing, is nothing. That is how "YOU" let your life turn out. Why stay in a dead marriage, kids survive, life goes on. All he taught his kids where to stay with a slut in an unhappy life. Assets are fucking things, you can allways get more stuff. People invest, lose it all and try again. No one said life wasn't hard. But what I detest is some husband staying there for the kids. Why fuck up their lives and yours. Some how you feel making the sacrifice for the kids was for the best, and you would be right. But in the end all you taught them was to stay in a loveless marriage so you could keep your stuff. And even in the end you still lost because you still had to split the little stuff you had let with the whore anyway, while you raised her lovers child. You could have left as soon as you found out and saved yourself and kids the heart ache. But then again we make our own hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
fukyou huedog

why why people have to judge others ?? ah ?asshole

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
An illustration of the axiom, of how frequently, the happiest people are the ones with bad memories !

Thats how they forgive, the unforgivable, I suppose. I'm setting myself up to be called a wimp here, but this is a person unable to look at the big picture. He has a vibrant career, healthy kids who love him. The affair was grievous but it was one & done over one weekend. To let this incident color your outlook seems woefully shortsighted.

In the process of being alive for fifteen years, life is going to hand you a plate of shit & say "eat or else''. That's the deal. He had been shown love by this woman before and since then. He should have cleaned his plate. Tough but worthy story to read. I thank the author for his hard work.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Wow

This tale is very thought provoking. The conclusion I came to tells me the husband destroyed his life. If he would have divorced his wife and went after the biological father of his daughter he might have lived a happier life with someone else or he could just be alone but would have piece of mind. The betrayal was horrible because others new and never revealed to him. He screwed his own life.

Damn

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Story true to life!

Well written. Ignore Huedogg2 (know lover of wimps). Only suggestion would be some type of treatment of the "lover," If he is married, his wife should know. Hard spot is, of course, what it would do for the daughter that is truly loved as a daughter. Excellent story Jidoka.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
if you going to say fuck you anon

spell it right..........lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
2*

"In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me"

..... it was stacy that killed marriage !!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Wonderfully written. You developed the storyline with perfection. No need to question the husbands decisions, because he genuinely wrestled with them. These were not rash choices, but well reasoned and only come to after deep reflection. This sentence says it all: "In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me." But no matter what one would like to have seen, we cannot dismiss the pain and torture that this man went through. I cannot argue with his choice. Excellent work.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
I thought it well composed with proper verbage, yet......

This story wore me out mentally. I understand anger and I understand the desire to stay close to the ones we love(children), but I don't see where keeping one's self in agony for years did anyone a favor. Like Huedogg2, divorce the bitch and reward the bastard accordingly. Life goes on. Live it.

zed0zed0over 11 years ago
Unbelievably Depressing!

Poor little cuck boy unable to get on with his life, I'm sure all of the RACC pussy's will love this tripe.

What was it?

Ten? Twelve Years? In a loveless marriage, to a cheating skank?

Un-Fucking-believable!

In the real world, which I assume is what you were trying to emulate, divorce does not mean you never have see yours (or somebody else's) children ever again.

I can hear all the RACC wimps and little anony-mouses squeaking; "Gee zed0 why did you read it if you didn't like it?"

Well. . . . I couldn't read all four pages! I got disgusted then bored, so I skimmed to the end.

You need to put a wimp warning on this shit so I don't have to try and wade through four overly long pages of emasculation and some stupid bitches idea of what the perfect wimp would do.

Better luck next time, I might even give you a two!

So squeakums, squeakums, my little annony-mousey's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The story of So Many Mens Lives these Days: Deliberate Lies by the Wife regarding the "FATHER"

I loved this story- Jacobs dispair; his pain and emotional suffering; his thoughts; his fears all made his story REAL. What pissed me off was his incorrect thinking that HE killed his marriage. He was a victim. Stacey deliberately lied. She fucked away her marriage during those 2 days and she conveniently "made up" with her husband a few days later. Two weeks later she announced her pregnancy. This speaks volumes of a wayward fucked up person. Her actions were very deliberate and conniving. Her actions revealed her deliberate deceit. Her continuing silence and cover up meant that she thought that her secret was safe. After all her fucking did she then become the straight laced prim and proper wife? Hell NO. Her lover described her as the sluttiest slut; worst whore; kinkiest kinky he ever had. If she was all that how the hell did she then remain so prim and proper throughout her entire marriage??? This marriage was a lie: Staceys love was a lie. She blindsided him and she was a whore throughout her marriage (perhaps until she was caught). For a woman to love the wild, rough sex and then to pretend to be faithful? Doesn't cut it with me.

Good story but the writer erred in not being truthful about Staceys true character and her whorish ways throughout her marriage. Big mistake Jodika, big mistake. This was not credible.

Although I loved this story and would have voted 5 stars I am choosing not to vote at all. Why?

1. Jacob did not kill his marriage. Blaming himself doesn't warrant a voting

2. The writer erred in not revealing Staceys true self. Stacey was not a martyr even when the marriage was dead. She was not a victim. She was nothing more than a lieing cheating bitch who knowingly and purposefully decided to catch her husband unawares. She hoodwinked him with absolutely no remorse; no conscious and showed him no KINDNESS.

A beautiful heartwretching tale but the writer made a few unforgiving errors. Next time writer, please be true to the characters.

Beautiful and Real Tale of a life built on lies and deliberate deceit....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great!

Absorbing, suspenseful and realistic.

A very minor complaint-it needed more careful editing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
After more reflection

1. I thought it was brilliant how you had the husband pick up on her question about how he found out. Great attention to detail that made this feel so authentic.

2. Likewise, I am puzzled about her lack of an apology until well into counseling was not more developed. Your attention to detail in having him reflect on the print of the mountains, causing him to remember his mothers words, was not carried through after her apology. Why did it take her so long? The lack of exploration of this made her apology the lone unauthentic aspect of your story. She stays with him all those years, never s seems to date again, clearly she still loves him deeply and has been unable to forgive herself. Her behavior does not coincide with her inability to adequately apologize. Actually, I had just assumed she had apologized given your description of her behavior. I was surprised when he said she hadn't.

geopri71geopri71over 11 years ago
why continue

After the husband found out ,why didn't you either rant and rave ,then forget as you mentioned in the story with questions ,a list of what to do to to stay married : or sit down with the kids and tell them you are getting a divorce and make sure you stay in their lives.That would allow both of you to to get on with your lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
truely a rel life stry.

Sad, not all stories are fairy tales and have a happy ending.

Bill1104Bill1104over 11 years ago
Simply the best!

I imagine that there we be those who feel that the husbands very long and detailed explanation of why he stayed with his wife was tedious. I think it made the story. Faithful readers of the Loving Wife section fall into two categories: 1) Those who believe that all cheaters should be shot on sight and 2) Those who consider forgiveness under the right circumstances. If you carefully read this story, you will find that the husband’s chosen path was predictable and proper.

There are a few grammatical errors and misspellings that should have been cleaned up before submission.

This is the first story that I “favorited.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she was a whore

how can a woman really expect a man to love her after she cheats is beyond me. No one that cheats deserves anything honestly except a boot out the door. The fact the kids were not his alone is one thing but she told her friend and mother to she is nothing but a bitch and a whore. I would have kicked her out and moved she didn't love him and oh i just did it one weekend how can you truly ever trust a cheater again. Its easy you cant.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
The protagonist

made all the wrong decisions and in the end came to the wrong conclusions. He is the maker of his own misery and our society as a whole has a lot of the blame. We don't value confrontation in our society. It is better to avoid a situation than to deal with it. She cheated, got pregnant and passed out the child as his. Is there a great betrayal that a woman can make on a man? No there is not. What stupidity have we come to when we think we can be cold and stay with our spouse, and our children will not notice, and it will have no effect on them. Years of this behaviour will instil like attitudes in our children. Is a split family worse? I'm afraid not. By trying to avoid harming the children, all he ended up doing was harming them in a different way. People want to believe there is a grey area here. There isn't. You fuck around on your marriage and the marriage is over. Everything before becomes suspect and everything after is a lie. She knew what she did and she held it as a secret. Consequently, he became a meal ticket. The husband says it only happened the one time. Could someone please prove this? Well unfortunately, you can't prove that and that is the point. By not confronting the lie, he perpetuates it. Then at the end, he draws the logical wrong conclusion. That he killed his marriage. Sorry, your marriage ended when your wife fucked another man. You merely prolonged your own misery. Moreover, that makes you a typical idiot. I gave this ***** because the author painted a picture of just how not to handle this situation. Therefore, for all those people out there who may be going through a situation like this, confront divorce and move on. On the other hand, be miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome story telling...

I see both sides to the arguements... I am aware of the wanting of total distruction of the wife.. and/or her lover by some and the sticking to the wife for the rest of their lives.. But being honest in the real life more wronged husbands may have stuck it out. Further, I can imagine some husbands may have gone off the deep end and took lifes.. As we read and hear in the media... One of the best of a true life presentation of where a lot of live... FIVE STARS

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 11 years ago
Too Sad

Cheating hurts......consequences are to be expected, but forgiveness and reconciliation are possible.....that is a fact, not an opinion! So, the story is good, very well done, very good characterization, and just too sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Somehow

I can fully understand how he feels. It's that trust thing. And her keeping it secret from him and then telling her best friend and her mother but not him. He really should have told the daughter and really should have went after the guy and made him pay back child support etc. Why should he have to pay all those expenses for someone who was not his. The fucker should have hads to man up and pay for his fucking. So his ex wife still loves him . I figure he still loves her also. But yes I can understand losing what they lost. His fault for not forgiving. Maybe. hers for making that mistake then never telling him . I have to put most of the blame on her in this case. She deserves to live in the hell on earth she created. Him he should have just fucked Tricia and told her that's what he needed as therapy to get over his wife.Maybe even had a kid of his own out of wedlock. Except he was fixed. Nothing wrong with practice though is there. And the wife would still have been good for bj and assfucking

JusttooldJusttooldover 11 years ago
great

A very well written story. I think there were more feelings, both good, and sorrowful, from both of them. Those feelings were described in detail that is rarely seen on this site. Keep up the excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sorry i didnt agree with the story

her statement she was mad at him and went out and committed adultry with a man for a weekend doing things she would not do with her husband simply made her and unloyal, unfaithfuly cheating slut that risk both their lives having bareback sex. Then to pass someone else's bastard child off on him as his makes her lying whore wanting nothing more that his paycheck. Their whole marriage after that is simply one large lie. To stay with her even one night after she admitted the wrongs she had done was to accept them, a wrong action. She should have been divorced at the first. And to have anything at all to do with her mother and Tricia after all their years of deceit is a total betrayal of self. This story is a comedy of errors made by a man who isnt a man but a little boy afraid of his own shadow. I remarried at 55 and have two very fine children we are raising, you are only two old if you think you are to old, and as dumb as this man was he thinks it.

DrPopeDrPopeover 11 years ago
Very good ....

And very sad.....

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 11 years ago
So very well told...BUT

The husband tells us over and over again that he is not a wimp. What is obvious is that he is! He is a wimp, maybe not in the sense that most literotica readers use the word, but a wimp nevertheless. He is a wimp because not once after he learns the truth of his daughter's conception does he attempt to learn the why, the how or the wherefore of the truth. A person who prides himself on his listening skills demands written answers? A person so good at explaining how things are done never once tries to find out about how his wife's affair occurred? A man who ostensibly loved his wife never attempted to empathize with how she felt or why she needed to keep her secret? He is a wimp because all the story he tells really tells is how morose, sad, and pitiful HE feels. The only person he pities is himself. If one weekend is a betrayal, what are months of withholding a discovery?

This is a beautifully told story, well written and clearly expressed, but I am afraid that the author misses in himself the weakness of his main character's will to accept, understand and reconcile, to deal with his self-pity and to see the person he says he loves as a person..

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Loved Your Story

Riddled with raw emotion...good stuff.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
This story was a bit of a conundrum.

The basic plot line was very compelling. I could feel the guy's pain and indecision. She ruined the marriage, but he ruined his life with the decisions he made after finding out. The fact that she knew his daughter was not his and that she told her sister and mom was enough to really piss a guy off. Rather than get mad and get over it, or do soemthing about it, he wallowed in self pity. I can see it happening, but it sure ruined his life but good. The part I did not care for too much was the actual manner of telling the story. No dialogue. Paragraphs of un-needed words. It read like a manual at times, but with too many distractions and straying from the focus of the story. Why do so many writers feel the need to describe how the spouses met when it seldom has any bearing on the plot line? This had a very good plot, the characters were believable, but it was all very cold and almost robotic in the telling.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Very well written, but I am reminded of a saying "that we make our own hell" and that is what happened to his life and marriage. Sad that in the end she could never say she was sorry, but on the other hand we read so many stories where the wife apologizes over and over to no effect, so would it have really made any difference? If she had used the magic words would he have been able to get over it, I really doubt it. Two people who could not communicate in the end what each other really needed, so they both spend the rest of their life just living with no love and apparently little happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Decent, but disjointed

I liked the general flow of the story, but it was too much like Tom Bodett's 'Exploded' or the movie 'Memento', with all the jumping back and forth. It would probably be better written in a more linear fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

If you have to constantly keep telling your readers, I know you think I'm a wimp, but it wasn't like that, then you are definitely a fucking wimp! I mean you kept saying and it sounded like you were in hardcore denial! I mean you were definitely a wimp so you can stop wondering!

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
I thought this was really good

I didn't read it with an editor's eyes, but it seemed well-edited and it flowed well. I agree that it would have been more readable and 'real' if more dialogue was used. But, where it was used, it was very effective. One frequent commentor on dramatic/tragic LW stories often states that with cheating, everyone loses. That message comes across here. Very much like "Average Descent" in tone, but not a revenge story. Rather, a (mostly) realistic consequences-type story. A downer, but a well-done downer. I understood (and believed) the protag, even in his confusion, duplicity and inconsistency. That, to me, is a real achievement. I actually cared about him, his wife, and his marriage. Top scores for that.

Could it have been trimmed some? Sure. But, a little meandering gives context and fleshes out the characters and the marriage.

Unanswered questions, of course. She avoided some tough questions early on, couldn't answer some later. All those months of therapy, and no answers? I actually kind of get it, though-the protag saw it all as a collossal waste of time; he simply didn't care any longer.

I thought his musings on how his wife kept that secret for so long without it poisoning the marriage was valid: I had the same question myself. Thing is: she did it for 15 years. So, it almost worked for her, and him. Ironically, when found out, it was the years of lies that probably doomed the relatioship as much as anything.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Great Tragedy

Well written compelling read. 1TM is correct in pointing out that the kids went through hell too even if the couple tried to give them all the attention. The example of a loving couple suddenly changing from one day to another will always be in the back of their minds. HDK also is correct and I would like to support for the author to work on his dialogue... Five stars.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 11 years ago
It was a good story....

... but not what I expected when it started. By the end, I wished I hadn't clicked on it and started reading - because it wasn't my cuppa tea. However, I became interested in the character and had to read to the end to see how it came out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Wow dude you are a very complicated person! I'd say you are your own worst enemy! I think I'm almost as confused as you are after reading this!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good tale.

Sad but interesting. Well done and thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nice one

I liked your story. Your writing style too.Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
all that

He was sick when he found out his marriage has been a total deceipt for so long.It's known that alcohol lowers your limits and perception, so she let go totally when drunk and "irrate angry". But the real question is what he asked "Why did you go back the 2nd night". She failed to answer and never apologized. In addition, like many others would, he despized that she refused him anal but gave it without restrictions to her WE-lover. He did what he thought he needed do for the children. Nobody can really say for sure if "wallowing in self pity" or "making himself (and the others around him) miserable" for so long was bad or just a sign of strenght. That's something each person has to decide for fim/herself. Nobody is the same. As far as destroying a "happy marriage of 15 years", the happiness ended by him no loner being ignorant. That's when he realized their happiness was superficial. Did she cheat on other occasions? Who knows, but once was enough. I think that 2nd day or night or both and the lack of apparent remorse did it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A difficult story to comment on

A few comments can be made, the husband's character was written in a very convoluted manner by the author, his biggest weakness seemed to be his almost total inability to get in touch with his true feelings which led in the story to his almost aimless bouncing around with the nonmarriage for many years after he confronted his lieing wife. Even when she explained her reasons for the extramarital weekend of sex with Robert Paulson she was completely mute when asked why she did it a second night and was no longer drunk and now well aware of her adultery. What I don't understand is why both mother's and her sister kept the lie witch involved a bastard child, this seems totally unlike normal families. I found the story very tedious with all the supposed self reflection which ended in virtually no action on his part.

It seems from the evidence presented in the story that there is good reason to consider that the wife was in fact a slut who bedause of her willing unprotected sex ot herself pregnant with the married couple's first child. Helluva way to show your new husband that you love him. I think the punishment should have harsher for the wife, her sister and her mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Email? Really?

I like the story, true conflict in his soul while still not letting her get away with it. But he discovers the affair of the love pf his life and he EMAILs her about it? Hard to believe that one.

syd_the_cynicsyd_the_cynicover 11 years ago
Don't be cruel to Hueydgg

He can't help it - his brain has gone missing. A very well written story, depressing but then again that's life!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WISHING...WAITING....WANTING

For the past.....On the future.....For what never was...TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 AN ILLOGICAL REASONING

about EGO uncontrolled. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
where you are the wrongest

and also where everything failed, was that you never spoke with not-your daughter. thats where you failed both. she has a right to know and the short explosion within your family would have gone after a while. and just thinking what you did to your kids ( do you think they are all idiots ?) you hurt them more both of you with this agonizing , painful slow death of your marriage.

the only chance would have been to make it open to all of them. this way the wound could heel. a wound not treated, festers and that's what happend. your wife lied to you, your mother in law lied to you, your wifes best friend lied to you and you two lied to all your kids until this day. they won't be able to understand anything but see two bitter old haggard people. and it happened from one day to another with no explanation so why should they ever trust anybody. they saw you two as a living example.

and believe me I know, I was the kid with the other eyes but fortunately my parents found out and talked to us after about 2 years because I started to revolt and treat them like they treated each other.

your mountain example and your chemistry example were good but wrong. what killed your family was that none of you two ever learned not to lie and eventually tell the truth. that poisened your marriage and 100% the kids too. you just don't know or are to tired to see.

I'm still not happy to be kind of the outcast of the family and not happy with my mom every now and then but they are still together and not unhappy and I still have a brother and a sister.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
too much reality

this story is scary in that it can happen to almost anyone at any time and it is so hard to deal with in an acceptable way

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

Powerfully written and very sad...for everyone. No winners here that is for sure. If this were real life I would recommend, a reset.

As at least one person said, tell your daughter the truth, although I'll bet she would know. Second, decide to consider a woman with baggage you know and understand versus those you don't.

Finally see the positives in your life and decide to add some more. What positives? Your talent, your children, your grand children, and finally the possibility of adding someone to your life that has learned some hard lessons as you have...your ex.

Nicely written 5 from me for sure.

2105nrret2105nrretover 11 years ago
Very good, very frightening

This is well done. It's very believable, so believable that I suspect this is your true story. You've taken some hits on here from people who don't like your resolution of the problem, but that's life: you deal with these things the best way you know how. And sometimes you make mistakes in how you deal with the major decisions in your life. Other people may disagree with your decisions, but you have to handle it in a way that YOU can live with it. I am surprised at the amount of vituperation toward YOU which this story has engendered. Step back and look it over again, people. Should this story arouse your ire?

cueball961cueball961over 11 years ago
Outstanding!

This is, without doubt, one of the best stories I've read on this subject since I began visiting this site.

Most of the cheating wife stories ( I realize with shame including my own) are formulaic and almost always follow a pattern. Husband discovers affair. Husband gets revenge. Wife is left with her life shattered, and husband rides off into the sunset with an even hotter woman and rich to boot in many of the stories.

There was a gritty realism in this one. This woman made one mistake, then allowed it to become two. Her action in sleeping with another man wounded the marriage. Her cover up killed it. There is the possibility that had she come clean about her affair, the damage could have been contained, resolved, and healed. Her failure to do so was like she had stabbed this man and had twisted the knife for years.

Sometimes, Hell often, there is no Hollywood happy ending. There really is no winner because everybody loses. He has lost the love of his life and will bear this pain to his grave. She will likewise. The daughter will be hurt by her mother's actions and it cannot help but effect her relationship with her father as well.

The story was wonderfully written. I gave it five stars despite a couple of grammatical errors. This one was simply a masterpiece. Great job!

BriteaseBriteaseover 11 years ago
5 stars, undoubtedly

Golly, this one brought the woman haters out, didn't it. This was a brilliantly written story, and full of emotion that you could feel yourself suffering. Mostly, I wanted to tell the stupid sod to make his mind up. Make up and forget it or dump her, but either way make the best of it and get on with his life. But of course, life is not that easy, is it? I've had two wives cheat on me, one of them physically and the other emotionally, and believe me the emotional one was the worst. (Not saying that I was perfect mind you). Either way, they are both ex wives now, and I'm happily married to the third and longest lasting, but both ex wives are still my kid's mothers and still my friends. Life sucks sometimes, but you just have to make the most of it. Great story!

deadeye_76deadeye_76over 11 years ago
Wow!

Wow! A well thought out story. True or not, you definitely got a lot of people to think about it. The number of comments alone and their bickering shows that they were thinking about it. I liked it because I know of people who just can't bring themselves to make a move like that (divorce) because they have only seen the bad sides of it. In any case, it was interesting. I liked it, but felt very sorry for the main character and his inability to get past it in any way, forgiveness or divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Study HDK and Ohio or get an editor

There was too much unnecessary stuff in the story and then you skimmed over the important parts. He says he had the perfect wife, great family and then poof its over when he found out she went wild over a weekend years ago.

In this story they were the perfect couple who never fought until she was mad that he was going to a reunion when she had to go away at work. Why was she mad? Did she think he was going to cheat? He traveled all the time for work, hangs out a bars. Did he ever cheat? Would he expect her to give him the cold shoulder then divorce him 12 years after she found out if he did?

She had a fling and thought she got away with it. She did not maintain an affair or cheat again. She did the best she could to make it up to him. Would their marriage have survived if she came home and said she had the best sex over the weekend?

I did not find the story plausible at all. The otherwise loyal wife has wild unprotected sex with a lounge lizard over a weekend business trip and never cheats again. He doesn't find out that she cheated because the daughter's blood type doesn't match his but by running into the fuck buddy years later and he recounts her name and location to a perfect stranger.

This should have been an easy reconciliation. She cheated, life went on. The bastard daughter turned out to be his favorite. His actions punished everyone. He made their life miserable by hanging around and refusing to move on. She said she was sorry when she returned from the trip and did everything for him and his family from that point on. When she got caught, she was devastated and her actions showed she was sorry.

There was some good stuff here. If you sent it to HDK he could have helped you turn out a perfect 2 page story that would have gotten 5 *. I gave it 3. You could practice by writing the wife's version.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
POWERFULL

Well writen, this had some real thought and a great story with a unhappy ending.. he couldnot forgive and his and her life were ruined..she was a supper mom and she loved him but slipped one day an held that secret till it was discovered years later . had he never found out they would be happily married.. this can definetly happen to use human in this life. he could not forgive the cover up his life ended and so did hers.

SO SAD!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
MEN CHEAT

I DONT see those women haters calling a cheating male a whore

winterfoxxwinterfoxxover 11 years ago
Little to add ...

to all the other comments ... certainly a superb story and effort.

Your words bleed.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
The writing

Was a bit terse and jerky at times but the story us a good one.What I don't understand is if she so obviously loves him why she can't say she was sorry to him and then only perfunctorilly. Then,too,she never explains why she did what she did,why she had sex without protection and also why she fucked the guy the second day.Was she that mad?Was it that good she couldn't resist?She is a cypher,we don't know anything about her..if Paulson was really that bad as she claimed why did she do day two?Her behavior doesn't make sense at all (don't get me started on why suddenly women having sex with a lover get pregnant and suddenly become moralists,not taking a morning after pill that is otc or abortion).I also doubt her mother or tricia would tell her to keep this secret like this,unless they were total idiots.

The husband wasn't a wimp,but he was some emotionally stunted.He was a c

Victim,not a survivor,and for all his talk of doing it for the kids,etc was an excuse to not have to resolve this one way or the other.He couldn't.forgive Stacy which was his right,but he couldn't end it either..so he lived a.miserable life,had his kids live with loveless parents,and then divorces where neither of them could move on.If tbis was IRL the kids would be damaged far worse then if they divorced...and he never even confrints paulson and makes him experience the pain of what he did,if even to curse him out.Not a wimp,a man child.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
coulda, woulda, shoulda...

If the author had done a lot of what the posters suggested, the drama would have been lost, no conflict and no story.

Who would read a story about a wife that gets mad at hubby, goes to a conference, does NOT have unprotected sex for two days, and does NOT have her lovers baby. It become a dry boring tale don't you think?

This story was a fine POV tale, and the author had the hubby's action and decisions create the tension and drama that has caused a LOT of posts.

Pat on the back to this author for writing so powerful a story that readers are getting emotionaly involved.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A very well done story

With one caveat. 14 yrs earlier he fucks a married woman over two nights and he remembers enough to brag about it to a complete stranger?

Other than that, a well narrated story. More realistic than most would care to admit. Thank you.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 11 years ago
Perhaps the toe-capped boot analogy was superfluous - and there was some dreary filler at the start

but It was a very well thought out story and had me hooked. Thanks. 5*

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

"If I had laid out a series of requirements that Stacy absolutely, without question, had to meet to save our marriage, she would have passed with flying colors." you did lay them out and the fucking whore failed - it was vows - forsaking all others. the whore bred with another man and made you a cuck for more than a decade. and like you said - she gave her ass to a strangers in a fucking bar as a first and not to her husband. you made the husband character make the whore suffer - good for you. a cheaitng cunt kills another marriage! well written 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
awesome

Well done. The story superbly describes the torment that inflicts the betrayed. Not everyone is so damaged for so long after the discovery of betrayal, but this story explains that devastation VERY well.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 11 years ago
One of the most memorable.

One of the ways you know a story is good is if it worms its way into your head and you know you're going to have a hard time forgetting it. This was one of those kinds of stories. A lot of the criticisms were valid. It is odd beyond coincidence that a man would just happen to run into the guy who had his wife 14 years ago, and the guy just happens to remember that weekend, unless it's the high point of his sexual life. It's completely weird that a woman who apparently really loves a man would never say I'm sorry. It's hard to believe that a one-time thing, if it was a one-time thing, could never be forgiven by the husband. Even the child by the lover would be hard to swallow, but it's done all the time.

And you can argue about the technique, but I liked the writing and I liked the honesty in the writing. He's not a super hero or a bitch-burning he-man and he agonizes way too long and he can't - to use the old expression - shit or get off the pot. He should have been able to move on. Or he should have been able to build some kind of life with his wife. But he can't do either one and he;s left with a miserable ruined life and a miserable unhappy wife. Of course it was all his wife's fault. And she should suffer and be punished for 20-30-40 years for the sin of a weekend screwing a man not her husband. But it's his fault too. He let his children down, he let his wife down, and in the end, he let himself down the most.

This one will stay with me for a long time. The author is be complimented. He has done what writers want most - he's touched readers.

StangStar06StangStar06over 11 years ago
Really great story

I've read your other stories and like them this story is excellent. You have a unique and emotional voice and a very memorable feel to your writing. Great job!

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 11 years ago
Was this really your story?

I was a business writer too for a lot of years. I recognize the logic flow. Good stuff. My first wife did something similar and my reactions were also similar, but if she was as honestly repentant as Stacy was, we might still be together. My son of her lover's seed is my best friend and always will be. My ex was a self-centered needy narcissist. I was your basic insecure nice guy trying to please everyone but myself. She used me. End of story. I find some facts of your story hard to believe, but that doesn't diminish the high quality of your writing (except some need for technical editing) or the compelling, if not particulary entertaining, story. Five stars.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
A clear 6*

Powerful tale of dysfunction.

Wonderful collection of comments

...a lot of thought and experience went into both!

It is hard to believe she admitted this to her BFF and Mom! If she was going to try to 'get over it', having those closest to it know about it would keep it very alive forever. I also cannot believe she could have 'acted' the role she previously 'lived' as his soul-mate - for that long after the affair and pregnancy and delivery! She would, I believe, have started changing into the fearful submissive Hubby (much later) described upon his return!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sad case

A 5* study in 'hopelessness'. Life sucks without hope, as this husband found out. One doesn't have to lose hope, which he didn't discover. He went on in his hopeless direction to the detriment of his children, his wife and himself. Didn't have to be that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
devinity situations

To DQ sometime in our life we are placed just at the right moment in life to find out certain things that are going on around us, if we pay attention enough. In this case walking into the bar and Jacob discovering his wife cheated. Jacob was a man taking care of his family he did nothing wroung, his wife because of her anger and too much to drink caused a marriage in the long run, her intent to camit adualtry because of her guilt over the years of thinking she never want her husband to find out is what caused a devinity situation, Jidoka never mentioned how Jacob wife knew he find out because he over heard her wispering on the phone to her best friend that he knows and she don't know how he find out. have you ever been some where at the right time to hear or see something and think could that be?

debbie2freedebbie2freeover 11 years ago
What a jackass

What a sadistic bastard to make her suffer so many years. If he knew that long why didn't he confront her or leave. He still could have been there for the kids

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The lying slut got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A real downer

I know yhst marriage haters love stories lik this, but I found it to be depressing.

phd70phd70over 11 years ago
Well written but sad story.

Wife made a one time major error in judgment, and husband magnified the error into a life destructive event which killed his marriage relationship, and sentenced both himself and wife to second rate lives. I have read similar but not identical stories on literotica which featured an affair which lead to a hidden illegitimate child. Logically such a story is unlikely because fertile married women are usually on birth control unless husband has had a vasectomy. Still an interesting topic to explore, and seems to be in the class of Tragedy Drama. Divorce and custody laws complicate such a set of events! Thanks Jidoka. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
my view on this kind of cheating wife story

I've read thousands of stories of this genre and analyzed why I do. In a sense this one goes to the core of the issue. How do deal with secret wrongs over a long time. Wrongs you have a hard time pinning down and what to do if you do pin it down. My trauma is not in the marriage arena but rather in the employment and exported jobs area. These are more painful than the marriage traumas as they are extremely harmful to one as a human being but more impersonal than the coldest cheating spouse. To make it worse no political parties or moralist give a shit about the millions laid off every year. Its not like you even know who to burn (in the burn the bitch angle). I think the stories like this one are like parables to those who suffer in the "blameless" economy.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Story*****

Thanks for sharing looking forward to more submissions from you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Such anger

These stories tend to bring out a very strange segment of our population. Some are angry bitter men whose wives left them because they weren't man enough for them and now hate all women. The others are really bizarre and dangerous lunatics who have a very twisted view of what being a man is. These are the types that sucker punch people or kick a defenseless person when they're down. I think it comes with the shame of having a small penis or one that can't "rise" to the occasion in any hand but their own.

Thanks to the author for writing a well crafted piece.

katibkatibover 11 years ago
Wow!

Extremely well written and carefully presented. Probably every possible aspect of the story (and several imagined ones) have been expressed by this site's sterling commentators. Only about ten errors in the text. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good writing

very tragic story, excellent story telling

You did not quite completely develop Stacy and explain why she did what she did.

Were her actions as bad as he believed? did Robert mislead him into thinking she was a real slut? when she really was't. She seemed to have many redeeming qualities later in their life, why could she not make him see that

I guess I feel like"I made a bad mistake and acted like a slut and whore because I was mad" is a pretty weak explanation. I guess I would have asked Stacy and Robert to meet with me to try to get a better understanding of what happened and why?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The story of a real man

The problem with the world today is that there are too many Huedogg2's and not enough Jacobs. Was Jacob really a wimp? People, both male and female who, when life gets too tough they bail. Marriage vows that most of us took when we got married said for better or worse. Did she really give her lover something she refuse to give her husband? The story doesn't say if they had even discussed having anal sex before then. So we can't use that as an argument. Did she really disrespect him by confiding in her mother and best friend? Anyone who says they have never discussed something with a friend or family about something they didn't mention to their spouse is a lier. Unless it was a continuing discussion over 15 years and treated as a joke, but her actions don't support that. So that argument is out. Jacob brought 3 children into the world and was morally responsible for 4 kids. Most of the divorced guys I know fall into one of two catagories. Either they constantly bitch and moan about having to pay out the nose for child support or they bragg about how they got over on how little they ended up paying in child support. I myself am divorced with one child and fall into the first catagory. The divorce was not of my choosing. I paid the child support every month not missing a single payment. On top of that bought school clothes, sports equipment, paid dues, ect.. There are those that call Jacob a wimp for staying married just to be there for the kids. The story says that they eventually settled down and were able to talk to each other and even had sex on occasion. Tell me how is that harming the kids?? According to the story where was no fighting between the two. Just indifference. Wouldn't that be better than only seeing your kids every other weekend, disrupting their life by HAVING to spend time with dad instead of dad just being there whenever they need him to be. That to me is more harmful to the kids than anything. My own daughter confided to me just recently that she really thinks of me more as a favorite uncle than as a dad. I don't think I could have tried harder to be a dad than I did. I called her as often as I could even though most of those phone calls were spent trying to think of stuff to say to keep the conversation going. I spent ALL of my accrued leave time for 6 years going to see her because her mother wouldn't let her travel by herself. I gave up my career in the military to gain custody of her at 16 when she became too much for her mother to handle. I would gladly trade all that to live in a loveless marriage in order to have not heard my own daughter call me a favorite uncle. Jacob was NOT a wimp! He understood he had a responsibility to care and provide for his children. He manned up he did not wimp out. A wimp bails at the first sign of difficulty. I thank the author for having the audacity to write a story about a REAL man. *****

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
Powerful writing, but not satisfying

I thought it ran on and on how sweet the dew from my love's brow shit. On and on until I began skimming it. Then in a bizarre 160 questions? more endless pages of the milking the pathos and hate, and the stick figure wife, All that weakened the story.

Now to the strength of the story. The husband was a fool, as so many others have said. The wife was not perfect, no one is, but a one time sin of just sex is not IMO nearly as bad as multiple affairs, and such. However the wife proved herself a fool as well. The perfect how not to move on. When knowledge of the stake of infidelity ruptured through their marriage, decision time was upon them. They had some months to see "if this marriage can be saved." After a reasonable time, you need to shit or get off the pot. Forgive and forget, or split and leave it. The husband, and the wife, demonstrate in this story how inability to accept what can not be changed will destroy your life, and seriously harm the children. What a pitiful example they set for them on how to be an adult and live your life. The parents deserve dismal lives, they chose that course, but the children were the innocents who must have suffered to witness their parents so mentally warped, willing themselves year after year to destruction.

Too dark. Too stark.

But I'll read your other stuff!

Chilley

TexarManTexarManover 11 years ago
Good story well writen

Man I don't know how you could tell a story like that without living it. At least knowing someone who did. The anger the feeling of betraid and yet still knowing that some where deep inside you still love them but also knowing that you can never get past it all.

mugglensumugglensuover 11 years ago
What a pile of man-shit !!!

Pure horse shit... this story has no place in Lit"erotica"

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Depressing

This is perhaps a life story confession. But it is not meant or written as entertainment for anyone. And for being a writer, there are some awful spelling mistakes.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

Perfect for lw category and destruction of a marriage and a relationship with his cuck daughter by a cheating whore. By the way daughter acted when she did not talk to him after a while she was told too. Fuck cheating whores.

Fighting41Fighting41over 11 years ago
Rather Large Error

Please explain this on pg3:

"How many other times have you cheated on me? One time. Just once. I swear on everything that I hold dear."

Then all of pg4 follows this:

"Our story was simple. My wife cheated on me. One time over a period of two days. Stacy loved me and no other and had made a terrible mistake. I had tested her truthfulness on all of those subjects and I believed her."

Would have thought you or your editor would have picked up on this kinda kills the whole "Oh it was a one time slip" Stacey isn't such a bad person she just made a one time bad mistake ending you wrote

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
Wow Anon what a crock of bullshit

The whore bailed on the marriage when she cheated, fucked and gave birth to her lover's fucking child. Gezzz you stupid ass fuckers make me wanna throw the fuck up. Where are all you bleed heart assholes when the husband cheats and get some whore pregnant. I know, your at the front of the line yelling fry his ass. There are enough Jacob's in the world, well if you want more Jacob's why don't you find more " stay in the marriage no matter what cuckold loving WACC wanna be's"

I personally think staying in a marriage for the kids is stupid, and it's really stupid to stay in one when the kid is fucking yours.Kids can see when it's fake and I wouldn't want my kids growing up in a sad, sorry household. I'm not staying hate the kid or don't having anything to do with the kids. But why stay when you aren't happy and we see how her kid handle things in the end. So much for your sacrifice. Until you go threw it you do know shit. And all this forgiveness shit is just that "SHIT". If I where Jacob I would want the whore and her babies daddy to burn in hell, but that's just me.

And Jidoka I gave it a 5 because it was excellent writing. Thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ouch

This seems a lot like reality

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The fifth paragraph said it all:

"I am a writer. The most boring kind in the world." Wish to hell I had stopped at that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow

That was good writing.

likeboblikebobover 11 years ago

nice story, it seemed like it could be real.hope to see more of your writing, thanks for posting.

Lewy123Lewy123over 11 years ago
Sad story

Great writing and really enjoyed it. No real reason given for her cheating detracted from it a bit. I mean yer she said she was pissed at him and had a few drinks, (which is a bit lame cnsidering how much in love they were) that was the first night but the second night?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very good writing!

You are a gifted writer. The melancholic voice of the protagonist remained true to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well done

Great stuff but was there actually a reason she did it?

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

the punishment should not be reduced becasue she did not get caught right away. and every time he looks at his daughter he will see the eyes of another man who created her life. you can always get your property back from a thief and in this case it was her happiness that she stole from him that he wanted back - he could not get his so he got hers. a cheating whore is a cheating whore and at least he did not make the guy a wimp. well written 5. and having his mother, her mother and her best friend know for all those years just added to the lie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Nicely done

A good read thanks

ohioohioover 11 years ago
strong, powerful--and flawed

I was very engaged by your story. Yet (as is nearly always the case) I agree with Harddaysknight's wise assessment, and that of others. The story is longer than it needs to be, with a great deal of back-story about the couple's early life together that doesn't add much, and the lack of dialogue makes it less compelling. The fact that a couple of the actual dialogue places, e.g. his emailed questions and her written answers, as well as her first question to him, turn out to be so powerful, actually demonstrates this.

It's a sad and not unrealistic story (if one allows for the 1-in-a-million chance of meeting his wife's lover in an airport bar), and as DQS says, it's one that will stay with me.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good writing

enjoyed this very much, thanks. Why would she cheat like that just out of the blue? It just seemed to be out of character for her with no reason apart from a few months where they did a bit of bickering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story.

But he has no one to blame but himself. His total inability to either leave her or forgive her indicates his a total absence of self-understanding. What a waste of a human being. In the end I had no sympathy for him at all. And that made me mad at myself for wasting the time to read this unsatisfying, yet well-written story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Not just another story -

This was filled with emotion and drew a lot from me as I read it -

I noticed a couple comments from other authors I enjoy reading - attend to those they know where from the speak heh

I also got the feeling that much of this read like a manual or instruction document - not the conversations or the emotional passages but much of the filler, I also agree that in this case the long history was not helpful in the context of why or how things happened - she did it because she was pissed and drunk - OK that is enough - she did not appear to be either selfish or unreasonable in other behavior or her history so the history did not help.

The lack of immediate remorse is confusing, the willingness to be too contrite and subservient to try to "fix" it was painful but possible, he was too weak to come to terms with his issues - either shit or get off the pot works here.

Even when he figured out the reason for not moving he did not follow his teaching or past he still sat on it for years, was that hypocritical - probably - it was at least pathological heh.

But I did get totally engaged in the story so it was one to make you think and that is very good -

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
Wow

This story was filled with emotions-- I could almost smell the vomit in the hotel bathroom the day he found out he was married to a whore. I'm a little worried that Jacob didn't get the rest of his kids DNA tested knowing she willingly passed another mans child as his & was able to hide her disrespect & treachery for so many years. I kind of felt sorry for her towards the end, I too felt if Jacob would've set provisions she would've happily abide by them. I think Jacob needs to forgive--not forget, forgiveness isn't for the wife it's more of a way for Jacob to purge himself of the anger & pain, I'm pretty sure if he was able to forgive they could've either worked it out if that's what he really wanted to, or he would've been able to move on with his life. I'm not a very forgiving, patiant person, I don't see how Jacob could fuck her & live in the same house with her without having homicidal thoughts? Nice story,sad story--no one won. Jacob is still bitter & angry , & the wife is just---sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
his name was robert paulson

his name was robert paulson, his name was robert paulson, his name was robert paulson

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Almost great

"In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me. "

That one totally incorrect statement killed the 5* rating for me. It makes no sense. He didn't cause it, he didn't trigger it, but is a supposed failure for being unable to clean up and beautify someone elses screwup. That one sentence broke the great story chain in this tale.

4*

Thx.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
Two points

first, and as Thinkman said, staying for the sake of the children couldnt been more stupid, logically it is not sound and practically i have a friend who did exactly that, stayed in a dead marriage for the sake of the children, and when i meet these two little girls on occasions, they are the most emotionally damaged children i ever saw, they have some very weird take on life and emotions and relations, the father and the mother dont see it and they are happy that they are both living with the children and when i tried a couple of times to bring their attention to their children suffering they just dismissed it as something trivial, the husband, my friend, he spends the whole time when we go out complaining about his wife and life and everything, he is living in such an emotional turmoil that it became really depressing to be around him, so dear author, you did take a slice of real life, but the decision taken by the husband are certainly the worst a man can take in such a situation.

Johnny1MJohnny1Malmost 11 years ago
Why write stuff like this?

All your stories are depressing. They may help you, but once written they should have been printed out and put in a drawer, not published. You write well, but you forgot the first rule: you must have at least one character that the reader can like and identify with.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous