New Beginnings Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nials nodded, and soon they slept. The next morning, Nials had no room. It seemed that over in the night, the four small pups found their way into their bedroom. Each kid was curled around his Rosita. Smiling and getting up, he decided to check on Mark. He was in his room, in his bed sleeping soundly. Nials sat next to the little tow-headed scamp, and ruffled his hair. This brave young boy was now his son. He knew the alpha had to issue a declaration and paperwork had to be done, but that was just a formality. This young pup was his oldest son.

Rosita awoke and found herself buried in pups. Easing out of the bed trying not to wake them, she found Nials in the kitchen making coffee. "Morning, I see you managed to escape." He teased, kissing her gently.

"Yes, with no help from my mate, I might add." She teased. "You just left me there buried."

Nials laughed, "You all were so comfortable. I couldn't disturb you."

Rosita laughed and then decided he needed a proper kiss. As she was engaging in one of her favorite past times, mark entered. He froze. He didn't like to disturb Nials and Rosita, but this morning was different. Last night, Nials told him he wanted to be his new Dad. That made Rosita his new mom. He didn't know how to feel about that. Momma and Poppa needed to be remembered. Could they just replace them? He knew Josh and Timmy might not remember them. Sam and Kyle were a little older, so they might not forget them. But he would never forget Momma and Poppa. Rosita saw him first.

"Mark, good morning, are you OK?" She asked. She gave him a quick hug and he returned her embrace. She heard his tummy growl and smiled.

"Morning, Rosita, Nials, I'm good. I'll get Josh, Kyle, Sam and Timmy up." He stated turning to find his siblings.

Nials was watching him. "Let me help." He called as he led the pup to the main bedroom. Soon all five pups were ready to go with Josh and Timmy being carried by Nials. Sam was holding on to his pant leg as Rosita rubbed mark and Kyle on their backs. Soon the family went to breakfast. Mark was silent. Rosita knew. She remembered being with Mama and Papa after they'd been hurt. She was scared and wondered if she had to let her real mom go. Fortunately, she didn't Momma never let them for get their real mother. Each year on Angel's birthday, Julianne made a cake for her and they celebrated. She would never try to take their parents from them and neither would Nials. She knew what she had to do. She had to reassure her oldest son.

After breakfast, she planned a special day for all seven of them. She sent to Alpha Nyric and Madam Alpha Chandra to ask for the day off. It was granted immediately.

"Nials, do you feel like traveling? I know its short notice, but I want to go see my sister and her husband in Louisiana." Rosita explained.

"Love, it'll take hours to get there. I know Alpha Nyric gave us today with the kids but we have to be back at work tomorrow." Nials explained, hating disappointing her.

Rosita smiled, "You have never met my grandfather have you? Love we can be in Shreveport in under two hours. All I have to do is send. So, do you feel like traveling?" She asked, smiling.

Nials looked skeptical, but he realized his mate had connections that he probably had no clue about.

"Love, I guess I'll final see the big N.O." Nials laughed and everyone looked. "I've always wanted to visit."

"I love you. Grandpa Lakota is sending the helicopter as we speak." She explained. "Kids, come on we're about to take a trip.

Nyric and Chandra stood stunned as a full-sized helicopter landed in the fields adjacent to the compound. Rosita hugged both alphas and thanked them for granted them this day and permission to visit her family. They kids were scrapped in and the bird took off. Nials was nervous. He had never flown before, and suddenly realized he was scared.

Soon, the skyline of New Orleans came into view. The children who chattered the whole flight were in awe. Soon, they were at the Gaines compound, and the helicopter landed. As one of the betas helped everyone our, Rosita squealed as her brother in law, Zeke came into view.

"Ah Rosa, Marisol is so excited, She would be here if she weren't on bed rest." Zeke explained, hugging his sister-in-law. Rosita returned his embrace. The kids and Nials waited.

"Zeke, this is my mate Nials. He is everything to me and these are our children, Mark, Timmy, Samantha, Josh, and Kyle. Each pup stood a bit taller as their new Mom introduced them

Hello and welcome to Wildwood. Come on you know Madam Alpha Margaret not wait to see you. The family loaded into a van to be driven home.

Within seconds of arriving, Rosita was besieged. Wolves from all over rushed to greet her, and then her grandparents met them. Margaret held her so close and when she introduced Nials, Margaret held him in a vice grip. So long that Lakota cleared his throat. She laughed and sent to her over possessive mate. The children were accepted instantly. It was then that Alexis entered. Being human she was curious about these new wolves.

She saw Mark and liked him immediately. He was a new friend. Rosita introduced everyone and then she heard a light gasp as her oldest sister, who was very pregnant, entered. Everyone gave them a moment to greet each other.

The two women had so much to talk about. Nials knew instantly that they needed more time. Sending to his alpha, he was not surprised when he was told to take two weeks and get to know his family.

Rosita took great pride in introducing her children to the family. Marisol took one look at mark and she beckoned him to her. "You know what nephew, maybe you can help me. My mate, your uncle Zeke, seems to think I'm weak. Can you help me move to the sofa? I need him to know I can still walk." She teased.

Zeke started to jump up when Mark stood with his new aunt and helped her. "Thank you Mark, we older kids have to stick together." She winked.

He smiled. He liked his Aunt Marisol. He'd make sure he stuck around to see if she needed more help. The short visit was fantastic for Marisol who was ready to deliver her pups any day now. Zeke was a nervous wreck, but with Rosita visiting he felt better having her sister here.

On the third day of their visit, Marisol went into labor. It wasn't long before the family gained a new member. The new Mom and dad were given a day to recover before Marisol insisted that her niece and nephews meet their new cousin.

Samantha fell in love instantly. The four boys looked at the little squirmy baby skeptically. Rosita knew they had to get back home soon, but she knew from the reactions of the pups, this visit was needed. On their last night, Mark was restless. He awoke and sat outside. Marisol was up having just nursed her son, so she joined him.

She waited and the young pup talked about his parents. His love for them was undeniable but he was afraid. What if he messed up and Nials and Rosita didn't want him anymore. He had to look out for his siblings.

Marisol listened. Then she told him her story. "Poppa and Momma aren't our birth parents. I was five when I saw a man kill my mom. Poppa found us and he swore we were safe. As the oldest, I had to look out for Javier and Rosa, but overtime I learned to trust Momma and Poppa." Marisol paused.

"The fates have a way of placing us where we need to be. I like to think the fates knew that Rosa send Nials needed five special children to love, so it made sure they found you. Can they ever replace your mom and Dad? No, but they love you because in their hearts you are their son. Give it time, and you'll see. Besides, you're a Cortez and Loess now, no backing out." She hugged him, and Mark knew. They were finally home.

The next day, they had to return to Welbern but grandpa Lakota told them they didn't have to leave. He could arrange everything that they needed right here. Besides, the little ones needed to be near their cousins.

Nials liked him, and told him they'd be fine. The children shared a tearful goodbye with their family as Mark gave his Aunt Marisol and extra-long hug.

The family returned to Welbern and reported in to the Alpha. All was well, and Alpha Nyric once again was impressed with the benefits of this special union.

*****

Corliss was annoyed. Cantar was a wonderful mother. CJ wanted for nothing. However, as much as he enjoyed having a son, he wanted five minutes alone with his wife. He smiled as he remembered that he had an older child. It was time the siblings spent some time together.

Christiana, this weekend, why don't you and Navarro visit. CJ is getting bigger and he'd love a visit from his big sister. he sent.

Daddy, we'd love to. I'll tell Navarro. Christy replied.

Navarro was a bit wary. It seemed her Dad may be up to mischief, but he'd play along. Christiana and Navarro arrived and were greeted by her parents. Her little brother was the cutest little thing and already a little heartbreaker. Navarro didn't fall for that angelic face. He knew a scamp when he saw one. Corliss Gregori was as sneaky as they came. Sure enough, Corliss planned a date with his wife, and Christiana and Navarro were picked to babysit.

All went well at first, but Corliss just didn't trust his baby brother-in-law. He kid was too cute. Christy read to him and put him to bed. As she and Navarro watched a movie, Navarro grew suspicious and popped into the nursery. Just as he suspected, CJ had managed to vanish.

Sending to Christy, he sent her calming waves to keep her from panicking.

Christy, why is CJ at Loess? Cantar sent. I thought you and Navarro were watching him.

Mom, I'm so sorry I put him to bed. I thought he was sleeping. Christiana responded, mortified. How did she lose and entire toddler.

Don't sweat it. We'll get him Corliss sent with a wave of love.

Navarro looked to see a distraught Christy. "Look, your little brother is fine. Apparently he has friends at the compound. Your dad is picking him up."

"I know." She sniffled, "But I lost a whole kid. How could I lose a whole toddler?" she whimpered.

Navarro laughed, "If his name is CJ, then he is strong-willed and determined like his big sister. Tell me, didn't you used to sneak out when you were little." Christiana froze. "No, I was always afraid of her. She wanted to hurt someone, so I never..."

Navarro held her close. "It's ok. He's fine, and next time we know to keep a closer eye one him."

Christiana smiled, "Next time?"

Navarro laughed, "Your dad planned this. He needed a break and who would be a better baby sitter than an overzealous big sister."

Christy relaxed as her parents returned home, holding her little boy in her arms. "Mom, he's OK?" Christy asked.

"He's fine. And he owes you an apology." Cantar stated.

On cue, CJ looked at is big sister and smiled, "I'm sorry Christy." She took him and hugged him.

"Don't ever do that again, CJ, OK." Christy whispered. Her little brother hugged her so tightly and she showered him with love. He giggled. Navarro smiled. Soon everyone retired for the night and he and Christy went back home.

They were about to leave when CJ popped on. "Christy, I go." He stated.

"Not this time little brother. Now bed." Christiana told him.

CJ frowned. He wanted to go with his sister. Christy kissed his forehead once ore and sent him huge was of love. CJ dozed.

The next night after Mom and Dad put him to bed he thought of one person. If he thought hard enough, he could find her. So, the toddler thought of his bug sister and when he opened his eyes, he was right beside her at her home.

"Wait, CJ, how did you?" Christiana asked sending to her parents immediately.

"Christy, I want you." CJ pleaded.

Navarro arrived home and the little scamp lit up. He was not surprised in the least their first night back when they had a short visitor popped in. Navarro really enjoyed spoiling his little brother-in-law. "Ok, listen CJ, we can play for a little while but then its bed time. OK.: He explained. CJ nodded. Navarro was dressed like a policeman. CJ loved policemen.

"Nav'ro, I wanna be a policeman." He whispered. Navarro laughed, "OK, come on, but no loud noise, OK. The toddlers nodded as he and his favorite brother-in-law played games. After they tired the little scamp out, he volunteered to take him back home.

Christy smiled. For a man that claimed to not want children, he was really good with them.

The phone rang and it was Oman checking in. Since their visit, Navarro made a conscious effort to reconnect with his family. To Christiana's surprise, no one treated them any differently than everyone else. The conversation could not end without her talking to Kajika. Like her little brother, that little guy had wormed his way into her heart.

Kajika's birthday was coming up, and Oman wanted them to visit. Christiana was more than happy to accept. She then had to find the perfect gift for an energetic little boy.

She asked about everyone else and was relieved to learn Pastor Henry was back preaching at his church. The events the year before touched so many people, and she was so relieved that no one died. Navarro returned home and Christy shared the plans. He was happy. He loved going home.

*****

EPILOG

A few years passed, and the children grew up. Kale and Brenwan welcomed twin girls, and Kale was already hiring security details for his daughter despite threats from his wife. CJ visited the compound so much, Javon ordered the teachers to train him with the cubs, and Cantar loved it. She was happy that her family was there for them.

Nials took to fatherhood like a champ. His oldest son, Mark mirrored him in every way. His other sons were hard workers and so smart as well. Alpha Nyric sent scouts out to find out what they could about their parents.

Within a few days, he had all of the information he needed. Garrick had already ordered a background check.

Their father was a loner. He was exiled from his pack decades ago when he challenged his aloha and lost. The alpha didn't kill him, but ordered that he and his mate leave. For years it was only the two of them, then Mark was born. He sought asylum, but he was horrible disfigured and often denied. He and his mate became their own pack. Eventually two more pups were born, and the family searched for a safe neutral territory. By the time the two smallest were born, the mother was ill. One night while scavenging for food, the father was caught in a snare trap. The hunter shot him.

Their mother in her grief went out in search of him and she was trapped and killed to. Mark knew they weren't safe, so when the hunters cleared the areas, he took his sibling and started walking.

Rosita cried. She knew how those children felt. She knew because she lived it. Nials held her as she told her story.

He wanted to kill. He wanted to kill the persons responsible for hurting his Rosita and destroy the hunters that devastated the lives of his children.

He needed to run. He took off, and Mark was terrified. "What if he never came back?" Nials felt his fear and it stopped him. He paused and he could feel all five children. They were truly his children. He would never abandon them. He turned around and rushed back home. As he found each little one, he held them close. Rosita watched, as she felt her family finally become one.

She smiled, that was years ago. They were visiting Loess and the kids were having a blast, even Mark was playing. She sought out her mate. He was in deep conversation with Clarence, the Alpha daughter, Aria's mate. Nials and Clarence were so much alike, both natural leaders and too serious. Aria nudged her, "So, when will you tell him?"

Rosa smiled, "Tonight, after I get the kids settled."

"Don't worry about the kids, Clarence and I are babysitting. We need the practice,." Aria winked.

Rosa smiled so brightly. "We'll have them around the same time," She gasped.

"Yes, I told Clarence last night. My poor baby won't be allowed to walk alone for the first few years." She stated knowing Clarence was going to be the most overprotective father ever.

"Nials won't be so bad. He's been broken in already." Rosa surmised. Aria laughed.

Soon more family arrived. Keeley and Kalen appeared and were buried in cubs. Keeley laughed. Kalen smiled and asked her what was so funny. "Nothing, I love watching you play with them." Kalen looked worried. "It will happen. Give it time."

Keeley smiled, "I know. I'm not worried." Soon Brenwan and Kale joined them with their daughters.

*****

"We can stay home." Navarro told Christiana. They were going to Loess for a short visit, then going to see his family as well. "Navarro, remember when we first married and we had an agreement." She asked.

"Sure, I remember, what's going on?" he asked.

"Did you really mean it? No children?" Christy whispered. Navarro looked confused. "Listen." Christy whispered and placed his ear on her slightly rounded stomach.

"Tears began to fall. Navarro was stunned, speechless. He stood and kissed his wife, this wonderful woman, the mother of his child.

"We're staying home. You and the baby need rest. I'll let everyone know." Navarro took charge.

"Navarro, no, we're fine. I want to see my family. Please, let's go see them. They vanished in. For the first time in her life, Christiana felt at home. There was no dark secret. Everyone was happy. No one had any dangerous secrets. Christiana smiled.

Everyone talked and the family reunited. Off in the distance a small group of cubs and vampires played. It did not matter who or which species, they were all family.

*****The End*****

12