All Comments on 'Nightingale'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 203 Comments
Inevitable_Inevitable_over 6 years ago
Amazing

This is beyond incredible, you should look to publish it if at all possible. Absolutely gripping story, everything felt so real.

Probably fits more in Novels and Novellas but this is easily one of the best stories on this site, maybe the best.

PuckItPuckItover 6 years ago
Abso-fucking-lutely Amazing

Passionate and intense!

BigDog167BigDog167over 6 years ago
Really enjoyed it.

You are one of the best writers on Lit and I really look forward to your stories. I do not even mind that you do not post them that often because of the work you put into writing them. I do wish you would update us a little more on your progress on stories but that is just me I guess. Thanks for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Long

Long doesn't make it good, this is a perfect example that length does not equal good. The writing is okay, but everything is over explained. You try to show what their emotions are, but then you just got to tell us, in case we couldn't figure it out. Couldn't read the entire thing.

LNR1001LNR1001over 6 years ago
Amazing

Don’t every stop writing your stories are amazing. The amount of effort you put into writing these stories is incredible. Don’t get discouraged by others people just do your thing and keep posting. Thank you for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Every now and then you read a story on this site and wish you could give it a six. Well, this is one of those stories, thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good things come to those who wait.

I've been a little disappointed at how long it's been since you submitted a longer story, but this was definitely worth the wait. Even before this story, you were already one of the best authors on this site, in my opinion. I hope to see more from you in the near future. Thanks for your efforts!

dracothorndracothornover 6 years ago
Amazing as usual

I continue to be impressed by your work. I hope that I can do as well, someday [if I ever get off my ass and finish anything].

TiahrTiahrover 6 years ago
Excellent

Always glad to read your work. Keep it up!

PassionfingersPassionfingersover 6 years ago
Consistently Great

Awesome yet again, thanks mate!

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 6 years ago
Good and meh

I enjoyed the tale. The only thing I can find fault with is that in my opinion there was just too much in the one story. You had 2 deadbeat husbands, a mother lost in her romantic pining, star crossed lovers, an asshole boyfriend, 2 loves from afar. It just seemed like a little too much for one story. Otherwise, the main story was wonderful and the writing spectacular with only minor issues.

jdm19612jdm19612over 6 years ago
Thanks for another great story!

Every time I log onto Literotica I always check Burntredstone to see if there is a new story to read...

And today, there was, and as always it was wonderful!

Thanks!

BigYin1981BigYin1981over 6 years ago
Nice

Like the rest i check regularly to see if new stories have been uploaded and i seen your status the other day, i just blitz read this in a few hours (my eyes are kinda frazzled now but totally worth it) It had a whole lot going on which was i admit hard to keep up with at times but all in all i enjoyed it immensely and i'll more than likely read it again as i have everything else you've written, keep up the good work man i look forward to reading more.

heatkillerheatkillerover 6 years ago
Simply Amazing

I have read all your works multiple times and loved all of them. I can't wait to read this one again.

jimt83jimt83over 6 years ago
Great

One of the best.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Loved it!

Then again, I would expect nothing less from THE MASTER!!!

AzttAzttover 6 years ago
Gripping story

Wow,

I couldn't stop reading this until the end. What a great and complicated web.

batdbatdover 6 years ago
Amazing

Came to read a few pages before going to bed, and now I’m only getting two hours of sleep tonight. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent Read

Star Stang 6 has this abililty to draw you into his stories and you want to read it all in one sitting. You just may have eclipsed his prowess! Congratulations on a great story.....................Don R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Got down to the end of the first page

... and exclaimed "Fuck me 28 pages"

Just got to the end and exclaimed "Fuck me its ended"

Superb sir - a great story - very well told

Thank you

CliqueGGE

looney67looney67over 6 years ago
Lovely

Well worth the sleep deprivation - wonderful as ever

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A surprise but a good one.

Must admit that after hearing that a long story was imminent I'd been expecting to finally find out what was in Ben Shepherds mysterious safe deposit box, however this was still a great read & well up to your usual standard.

GrindleGrindleover 6 years ago
Another great story.

Excellent storytelling. Please keep writing more like this and your previous writing. Great writer!

kuhpa01kuhpa01over 6 years ago
Categories don't help much

Don't want to sound like I am fawning or anything, but this was superb. I expect really good entertainment from BurntRedstone, and am never disappointed, no matter what category you choose to place it in.

Unfortunately, the categories on Literotica are all about the sex component and the one called Novels and Novellas merely indicates a lengthy story, usually. So, we almost never know what we are getting into until we get into it. I have read stories from favorite authors that are placed in categories I normally would not venture to read, including this author, because I am so impressed by his or her story in a category where I first discovered his or her talent.

Example being the Natalie stories in the Lesbian category which I read after the Ben Shepard stories, which I discovered because of the big Ed stories! The point being, this author simply writes a really good story.

I would put this particular one on a par with any of the mainstream detective novels I've read. Gripping suspense, masterfully done characterizations, and a big old happy ending to boot.

Many thanks for this entertainment.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 6 years ago
Wow. What a read.

Tremendous storytelling with a deft touch. I love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Your stories continue to amaze me. You have great talent. Please keep adding more stories.

blueadept21blueadept21over 6 years ago
Wow...a truly awesome tale

BurntRedstone, your writing talents are magnificent. You have once again successfully demonstrated your skills. To be able to write a story that enthralls the reader with a completely believable and realistic plot, and also successfully arouses them with completely appropriate sexual detail, is an inspiring display of literary talent. I aspire to write half as well as you do. Congratulations, and I look forward to reading anything and everything else you choose to submit.

Tall_kTall_kover 6 years ago
You've done it again!

Burntredstone,. Thank you for another amazing story. This one leaned a little bit dark and a bit too neatly tied up with every major issue/person dying. However, I still loved it! As with all of your stories, I really liked the characters. I especially enjoyed the fact that you didn't end it with an 'Happily Ever After' epilogue from 20 years later. You ended this tale on a high note, but we don't know if the main characters' relationship survived college and real life. This way we get to spin our own epilogue in our minds.

Thank you again for the wonderful writing and I look forward to reading your next tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Best One Yet

Love your work and this is the best of the best. Couldn't put it down. Thank you very much. 5 stars.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 6 years ago
Wow, where did THAT come from?

Powerful stuff. So much subplot it could run for ever. Brilliant work of art. Best yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
b771.

fantastic story. Very well done.

Ironhead6769Ironhead6769over 6 years ago
Awesome

Very well written and would love to read more of this story be sure to make it long like this one I couldn't quit reading you had me trapped from the beginning thank you for this great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn

Never in your whole life, stop writing. You are good mate, and i envy that. I am a writer too, beginner level.

You never cease to amaze. Good one again.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 6 years ago
Outstanding

A masterful piece of writing. Not much more needs to be added to this gripping and wonderfuly entertaining story except a sincere Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful..

BurntRedstone... I am one of your fans, i only come to Lit to checked on your profile and I am glad for the masterpiece of writing... Pls don't stop writing you are surely the best author Lit would ever have. Thanks once more BurntRedstone - Love from your Nigeria fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a brilliant story.

This is a great start to 2018. Nightingale is masterfully done.

It is like a Beethoven symphomy. There is a theme and plot surrounded by points and counterpoints, swirling around almost caotically but somehow threading back on themselves to lace the story together. I am very impressed with your ability to keep all the characters and subplots aligned.

I was reading in bed last night and looked up to see it was 4:00 in the morning. I (almost) never read past midnight. This is a great novel.

Thank you BurntRedstone.

IllicitMaterialIllicitMaterialover 6 years ago
Wow

Now this wasn’t something I was expecting your only story I had read so far was the stories about jack, so when i started to read this I was waiting for a little turn to the weird or something like it. In that regard I was disappointed but I am so happy I read this story. It was moving passionate and real. I couldn’t stop reading it. Thank you so much and please don’t ever stop writing anything you can/want. Your story’s all seem to be masterpieces!

dinkymacdinkymacover 6 years ago
Exceptional story!

Thanks for sharing.

MeandmybeardMeandmybeardover 6 years ago
You write great stories man!

I love your new story! Ralph and Sam are great characters with lots of great build and drama. You created some excellent tension throughout and had plenty of spice along the way to satisfy a wide range of interests! Your story was excellent! Would love a new Ed and Zoe story :)

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Very Dramatic

It went from one emotion to another, from one extreme to another, passions, violence, and so much death.

Thanks for writing

.

blackIceo1blackIceo1over 6 years ago
Heartwarming

and delightful to see the positive growth from pessimistic beginnings. Great development of even tertiary characters like the sculpture model. Nice to read the lusty female appreciation of the male body too!

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkover 6 years ago
Just awesome

Another fantastic story!

WitchfanWitchfanover 6 years ago
Excellent read!

My only complaint was tha it came to an end. Please consder these characthers in your growing roster of amazing stories to continue.

You introduced some nice ones too at the end for Raph and Sam to be great firends with. Even Lucas can learn a thing or two!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What have you DONE????????

BurntRedStone, you FUCKING COCKSUCKER!! It's a quarter past five in the morning! How the fuck did I just get captivated for an entire 28 "PAGE" marathon?! My alarm goes off in an hour, you son of a bitch!

I've both acclaimed and criticized many of your previous, recent entries. This one stole my precious time from me, and I shan't even begrudge the lost sleep. You owned me throughout the entire tale. Good God, Bravo!

Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL STORY.ENTIRE 28 PAGES MADE A FANTASTIC & COMPULSIVE READING.EAGERLY AND EXCITINGLY AWAITING A NEW ONE.

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL STORY.ENTIRE 28 PAGES MADE A FANTASTIC & COMPULSIVE READING.EAGERLY AND EXCITINGLY AWAITING A NEW ONE

doofus67doofus67over 6 years ago
Pretty much....

.... the best story i've read on here in ages and totally unlike anything i've come across before. The non-stop drama had me gripped, how the heck do you dream up a story like this. If you ever publish, you should start with this gem.

Many thanks for sharing

LalawmanLalawmanover 6 years ago
Another captivating story

I now can only savor your stories if I block out enough time to read them straight through... I literally cannot put one down once I start reading. I don't know what you do in the real world but you are a wonderful writer.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterover 6 years ago
Another outstanding read!

Your works pull the reader into the character's lives and you can't stop until reaching the conclusion. Another excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Keep writing

I also couldn't stop. I do wish there was a bit more sex with descriptions, but that is my personal preference. Fantastic piece..write a book soon! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Every bad cliche ever written is in this story but . . . people like it, so keep up the good work. It's not about how good the writing is, it's about how much people enjoy it.

mysteryman196mysteryman196over 6 years ago
As usual

A great story, although quite a bit darker than the others I've read from you. Nevertheless, I would have to say I enjoyed it immensely. I read the entire thing in more or less one sitting. Keep up the great work! Love your writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Read

Good story that wrapped up all the subplots. Dark but worth the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dark

Dark is more of a tone, this was violent and mean, not so much dark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh Dear!

I do hope writing this angry story didn't get in the way of your time with a shrink.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It Was Pretty Dark

But it had a happy ending, and all the bad guys got what they deserved in the end. So it's all good.

For the follow-up, I'd like to hear the rest of Sarah's story of her escape from an abusive marriage, settling down somewhere romantic (someplace touristy), blossoming in her art, and meeting another person fleeing from darkness and into the light.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful.

It seems dark was the theme this time and man did you hit it out of the park. I have always been a fan of your series but this takes the cake. Really love the story and enjoyed every moment of it. Please keep up the good work and am waiting for your next story.

Thanks and regards,

Sanjeev Acharya

gsmoke13gsmoke13over 6 years ago
thank you again

Thank you fir answering my request for a true story. I know it was not intentionally because of my request, but it was right on time... And exceptional!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Getting better and better

I've realized u have a pentcient for manual labor keep it up

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 6 years ago

Nice to see one of your male protagonists dishing out more pain than he receives, for once. Bravo on yet another masterpiece of the storyteller's art! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks

I have been reading some of your stories and I think they are quite impressive. Realistic yet never boring . I like how this story shows the perspective of so many people, very interesting!

Good luck to you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I really enjoyed “wasting” an afternoon on such an engaging story. Could not put it down. Well written, good characters and nicely plotted.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Another winner of a story...

It's a shame his mom couldn't have gotten her shit together but it's nice to know everyone who deserved something bad to happen to them had something bad happen to them...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for putting the literature back in literotica. Great story.

Tears for Roxy. She never had a fucking chance.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 6 years ago
+1 to the previous comment

This story has one of the deeper psychological and social portraits of the characters.

It touches the reader on a spectrum of emotions and intellectual levels. Yet overall message is hopeful and uplifting.

Very nicely done, Sir.

Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

Ive just stayed up until 3:15 am because I needed to finish this story. Such amazing, well drawn characters, and absolutely intriguing storyline. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This was extremely violent--the characters kept me reading, but most of them ended up being melodramatic. Not all, but disappointing as a whole.

slm59slm59about 6 years ago
Great Story!

I very much enjoyed this one, even if I do feel a bit sad for Dotty and Roxanne.

WexenWexenabout 6 years ago
Classic

I missed this one for some reason and I am not disappointed to find it. A slight genre change but still in the same style we have come to expect from this Author. I hope you have many more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well done

I just wanted to say you did a fantastic job at loose ends. I absolutely loved it. Very nice read. Good fucking job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I tried

I really did. But Raph, just letting people walk all over him got old quickly. And sloooow. The thought of 28 pages of the story barely moving....nope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Story

This was a great story. Great plot! I kept wondering if they would find it was Roxy who did the killing and if anyone was going to get the best of Raph or Sam. It was like a good book that you couldn’t put down. Excellent!!! The best read on this site yet! BK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Bravo.! Best erotica I ever read on this.

I won’t just classify it as an erotica since it had a nice plot and a depth to the story.

Inspiring.!

Keep it up.!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Best Ever!

Attention holding plot, sexual, romance, and happy ever after! It doesn't get any better than this. What a great author! Hope you continue to share your great talent. As a bonus for us readers, no waiting for months on the ending. You have it all!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant story

This was a brilliant story

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding Story.

This could easily have enlarged into a novel. This was a great read, well written and well edited. Thanks for the gift of a wonderful story.

Woodbgood

TipsyTurtleTipsyTurtlealmost 6 years ago
Gripping indeed.

I have a long distance relationship, and initially started reading this story with my girlfriend. At the beginning I was a little flipped by it, because of some loopholes I found in the story.

But then I stuck on and trust me the story is so much more than a simple erotica. It was an experience, amazing story.

dikupinyadikupinyaalmost 6 years ago
very emotional

this book made me laugh and at other times brought tears to my eyes. i wish we could vote higher than five this story is a ten and i saved it to my favorite file please write more

Dark_RavenDark_Ravenalmost 6 years ago
Thanks so much!

Another 5 star story by a great author! Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into your work, creating a nuanced and wonderful tale!

My only disappointment with this story was that Raphael showed he could have been an amazing sculptor, but that part of the story dead-ended. In my mind, having him become a famous sculptor rather than a surgeon (which really didn't tie into anything, since no mention was made of him going to work in Sam's mother's hospital) would have perhaps been a better idea.

As a fan of your other stories, I would have loved it if this was more along the lines of The Shepherd and One Who Understands, with Raphael having sex with almost all the major female characters. Although I can understand if you didn't want to continually reprise the same plot device. I love that he was such a badass and hope you continue writing these types of male leads. This one was a little light on erotic content, and wasn't as sexy as some of your other stories.

At any rate, well worth the 5 star rating, and please - keep 'em coming! You rock! :)

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 6 years ago
Such an excellent story!

Love reading your stories more than once. I always get something new out of your extraordinary creations!

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
Wow, a talented author has woven another tale of... just wow!

This story has a harder edge than most of your other stories, but the passion is raw, loud, angry at times, but just incredibly pure almost throughout. The way you express deeper feelings of love, passion, and devotion is very bold, unequaled in most other authors.

Raph's struggle to contain his anger was also refreshing.

Nice segue at the end to introduce future chapters...

Well done, keep it up!

RomComSnorlaxRomComSnorlaxover 5 years ago
Truly great!

One of the best stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you for sharing your work with the world.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
Just read and truly enjoyed this again!

What a great story!!!!!!!!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Holy Shit, Dude

That was an AWESOME Read.

I feel like I just binge watched a great tv show and now that it is over, I'm lost.

I would say write more, but really, there shouldn't be any more to write. The story is complete.

It was easily one of the top 3 stories I have read on this site, hell, on any site, and I have probably read a thousand on here.

The only part I didn't care for was Roxanne being a Cold-Blooded Murderer. I had hoped she could turn it around as Raph did. But then again, I have a soft spot for small, fierce little ladies.

I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done

First time I've ever skipped through the sex part on Literotica to read the rest of the story! It was actually a little irritating to be hooked so hard. So now, I am coming for you mr. Graves. ARG! You have broken my switchblade! ☺️

ghostfire319ghostfire319over 5 years ago
Probably on of the best reads yet

I am at a loss for words... well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great write

I could not stop until I completed the last chapter

KalavoKalavoover 5 years ago
Great

As always, a wonderful story. Thanx!

Timmy4uTimmy4uover 5 years ago
Wow

I have almost read all your other work on here. I am just blown away by this story. Thank you for writing.

sirelcsirelcover 5 years ago
Truly feasible and amazing story

I grew up pretty good.

This is one of the first time I can say I wish I'd been this guy.

A very good view of the hard side of life. I knew folks like this. They did not get this lucky.

This was both well written and a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great work

This is the best story i’ve read on Literotica.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
Sometimes it's a homerun

Thanks for the gamut of emotion.

TennisGalTennisGalalmost 5 years ago
Wonderfully Stupendous!!

This has got to be my favourite from all your stories!! Utterly amazing with magnificent character buildup. It held my attention raptly and I read it through without stopping. Thank you so much for sharing this story with all of us!!

Again, I wish there is a continuation of this tale, the life of Raphael and Samantha living in the city, while attending university. Hey a girl can dream, can't she ? :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow! Just... Wow!

What a roller coaster of a story. Love it!

Part_time_readerPart_time_readeralmost 5 years ago
Wonderful

The story was captivating,be it the emotions the mishaps or other things.It was a great read.

LucySteeleLucySteelealmost 5 years ago
Are you cheating?

Why is the Erotic Couplings 'Hall of Fame' the BurntRedstone Hall of Fame? I've been told you're cheating, by running a programme to boost all of your scores and trash all the competition, but nobody would be that petty, would they? And surely the Literotica moderators wouldn't allow that? Would they?

MkalfredmcMkalfredmcalmost 5 years ago
Are YOU reading?

Dear LucySteele: The fact that you have repeatedly made an accusation against this author indicates that you may not have carefully and completely read his works and taken the time to appreciate the character development, sentence structure, attention to detail, and story lines. This is good fiction.

Do you leave the same accusatory messages for aimingtomisbehave33 or FenellaAshworth, who both also have multiple works in the EC Hall of Fame? I would certainly look forward to reviewing any works you might submit for our consideration and enjoyment in hopes that you could enlighten us to what you might consider more worthy of inclusion in the EC Hall of Fame...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Watch the votes.

Does anyone actually think that this author is really getting thousands of votes on numerous stories when nearly every other author only gets a few hundred? And that he has numerous stories that are all better than the work of hundreds of strong authors? Start watching the vote counts and it'll become obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Never stop writing

I have been reading books for a very long time, from anne mcaffrey to Tolkien and more besides, and i can honestly say that these stories are just as well written and as immersive as the greats! Keep up this amazing journey!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
BurntRedstone has been caught cheating again.

BurntRedstone got called out for his obvious falsification of votes on his stories, and then promptly on the next day an anonymous comment is posted about how great a writer he is, and comparing him favorably to actual published authors, and great authors at that.

The funny thing is that the comparison is made to two famous science fiction and fantasy authors when this isn't a science fiction or fantasy story. However, if you look at BurntRedstone's other stories, you'll see that he writes a lot of science fiction and fantasy. It's obvious that he wrote a fake comment pumping up his own work beyond all reason, and that he didn't have a response to the allegations of cheating. That's not a surprise.

BurntRedstone, I'll give you some honest feedback that you sorely need. Your work is not equivalent to Tolkein or McCaffrey, and in fact it's not publishable at your current level of skill. You're not fooling serious readers by stuffing the ballot box with thousands of fake votes and posting fake comments complimenting yourself. You've got some writing skill and are probably an average or above average writer on this board, but if you're serious about writing, you need to improve your work. Get someone to edit your stories, spend time on quality of writing rather than quantity of words, and use the scoring and the feedback on this site as a way to get better instead of trying to con people. If you do those things, you'll see positive results over time and you'll start getting legitimate high scores instead of fake ones. That will give you far more satisfaction over time.

You also need to start becoming a good citizen on this board. Readers like me want to read a variety of stories. We will eventually go away from this site if certain authors continually falsify voting and mislead us about the quality of writing on this board.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories