All Comments on 'No Sex'

by alt_dot_nerd

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sad, but true

It was an excellent story, but I hated it for its paniful truth. There are guys like me, who are like Clark Kent (without the impressive alter-ego), and are treated just the same as the character in this story. And then the women, when they are burned by some "desirable" alpha male, turn around and complain that all men are jerks, and that there is no such thing as a "nice guy".

To the women: Learn from this story! You want an alpha male? Learn to deal with a jerk. You want a nice guy? Pick the furthest thing from an alpha male. The math is simple. The logic is indisputable.

You might get lucky and get someone at the far end of the bell curve (that is both nice and an alpha male), but then again, you might also win a 360-million lotto jackpot.

Yeah, right.

janevalenzjanevalenzover 19 years ago
ouch

I wasn't expecting that ending, but I guess that's what made it more real. I've been in that situation before, er, sort of. Guys would come to me with their relationship problems, but I could never take advantage of them on a rebound. There was one guy I actually had feelings for, but of course, nothing happened there...

About Sam though, as I often say, "sucks to be that guy."

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Welcome to my world...

Welcome to my world... Having said that--well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sometimes it don't pay to be the nice guy....

It happens. For sure he needs to get a life as she will never be any more than what she is. I can see a lot of truth in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Saw the way it would end coming

Just like a train wreck, you can see the disaster coming, but you can't stop it from happening.

Yeah, I've been in Sam's position most of my life, and finally stopped even hoping to find a woman that could look beyond their "special friendship" and think about a life together.

Women! The old saying says you can't live without them, but a guy can. Life's a lonlier when a guy's a confirmed bachelor, but that's better than feeling your heart break every time you get your hopes up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
She'll Learn the Hard Way

The "boyfriend" has already turned violent on her. It won't be the last time, if she stays with him.

Meanwhile, the "best friend" should realize that she has shown herself to be as much of a selfish user as her boyfriend; only their methods are different. He needs to grow a spine and hold out for what he wants, rather than pathetically licking up the crumbs she tosses him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Autobiography

Reads like my teen years, but excellent writting.

TaffyJTaffyJover 19 years ago
Double standard, guys!

Yeah, the story makes me feel sorry for the guy, but there are other issues as well. We are given a description of the girl as a hot little thing, petite and shapely. The guy isn't described at all, other than to say 'where his pecs should be' and that he's not very lucky with women. So, I assumed he wasn't very attractive. Now, I understand he's got the hots for her, he can't help that. But he's apparently expecting girls to see past his not so attractive appearance. Not that he's ugly, just not obviously attractive. But what about the girls all around him who are in the same situation he's in. You know, the girls who aren't ugly, they're just also not obviously hot. What right does he have to expect the hot girls to want him, when he doesn't pay attention to the girls on his same level of attractiveness? Now, if this story were written about two people of the same 'status', it would get more sympathy from me. Still, it was a good read. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

DJHyrrikhayneDJHyrrikhayneover 19 years ago
Wow...

Nice screwball of an ending, I must admit... Even after reading the description, I still didn't see that coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Been there, done that.

I had the same experience with a young lady. I was the friend and she had no interest in me. Then she shows up at my apartment one night, drunk, and crying about how her boyfriend tried to take advantage of her. I took her in at which point she promptly puked all over herself and all over me. Nice. Not sexy at all. I got her out of her clothes and into the shower and then after she dried off I sent her to bed while I laundered her clothes at 11pm on a Friday night. Get the laundry done and she's asleep naked in my bed. I couldn't resist. I got naked, got in with her, and after I worked up the nerve she was no longer a virgin and neither was I.

December marked our 17th wedding anniversary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
oohh

it was a great story but the endin sucked, my God i feel so bad 4 sam...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

poor sam he goy used

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous