Obsessed with Ember Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

None of this wavered Vincent's decision. His woman, that he was not yet ready to approach was putting herself, and therefore him in a compromising position. She was letting others look at her body and as far as he was concerned, it was pissing him off that they were looking!

A week later and very pleased with himself, he was shocked and barely controlled his anger when he heard a couple of returning MPs scoff at the girls that continued to ignore the No Swimming/ Bathing sign that was posted along both sides of the river along the roads leading to the river and waterfall. "What the hell...!" thought Vincent.

Vincent couldn't believe his eyes, there sat Ember with her back to him. She was wearing a skimpy little bra, with a towel wrapped around her waist. He had just arrived to see her climb out of the water onto the bank of the river. She had pulled her hair into a high ponytail and was just sitting there as if she had all day.

The sun had gone down, and the day's heat was still hugging the air. The heat and humidity would draw anyone to the river where its cool breeze would cool anyone off. Then their conversation cut through his brooding thoughts.

"Look Jenna, I think we better call it quits on this river. I love it here, but I'm not trying to get in trouble with the military or the law. My uncle is a deputy; I'll never hear the end of it if I get busted. This is my official last swim hear at the 'Ole Hole'."

Vincent could only slowly smirk that his idea was finally getting some credence, that is until Jenna and Ember spoke up.

"What? You're kidding right? Do you know how bad I look forward to this by the end of the week? Oh, I'm still coming for my weekly dip, who else is with me? Ember? Cynthia? Shawn?" asked Jenna of her remaining crew.

"I'm with you Jenna." voiced Ember and Cynthia.

"What about you Shawn?" pushed Jenna.

"Sorry you guys, I'm with Jaime on that. Not trying to get into trouble. I'm a school teacher." finished Jaime.

"I guess that leaves you, me, and Ember Cynthia. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted."

"Yeah, we'll, I'm out of here... Jaime, you coming?" asked Shawn.

"I guess so... check you guys later." added Jaime, she had already grabbed her things and was now turning to follow Shawn down the path to where the dirt path joined the paved path that led back to the town's public park.

"You know what, it's late, and we might as well as head back to town too. How about meeting back tomorrow, since we might head back in early today?" asked Ember, much to Vincent's annoyance.

"Can't chica, I have a date mañana. Why not just keep our usual time?" asked Cynthia.

"I feel like tonight didn't do me any justice. I had a trying week with the editor over some shots I took for the upcoming editorial." complained Ember.

"Hey, let's just keep it like we always do... okay?" It keeps it special if it's once a week, any more than that, and this place will lose its uniqueness to me."

"Well... okay. I guess you're right." answered Ember. But Vincent could tell her mind had other plans... and just like that, so did he.

Vincent figured she'd do her own thing, typical Ember. 'Screw the rules. They don't apply to me.' Yeah, he'd seen enough of that rebellious streak when they were teens. It was like a silent rebellion one that was usually aimed at her mother.

She would agree to anything to keep an argument from developing, but would do her own thing regardless, and suffer the consequences afterwards. Well if she were still of that same mind, then consequences she would have in spades.

All of a sudden Vincent had his solution. He had had been hankering for an opportunity to reach out to Ember. He was pretty sure she wouldn't be too receptive to seeing him, but if she was going to put herself in compromising position, then why shouldn't he reap the benefits... and he planned to do just that. She wanted to risk her safety, her well being, and her life? Then he would be there to show her the error of her ways.

But luckily for him, no one, not even his unit knew he chose to continue to visit this particular area. They had assumed since the posting of the signs; that no one would continue to visit the river. But Vincent knew better, or he knew HER better. She had her own stubborn streak. Fine with him... till it went against what he wanted from her.

Listening to her friends' conversation regarding the river, Vincent had already started formulating a plan for her next visit, Vincent had watched for Ember and her remaining friends to leave the river. Then he carefully scoped out the best hiding spots noting the places where she seemed to linger the most.

He had noted that her horse would have to be moved and left untied, which would allow it to find its own way back to town. It was such a simple task. He would be prepared for her next time when she came alone for her summer night swim.

But it was still too soon to enter her life. He had to disappear... die so to speak. When she came up missing, everyone back home and his military buddies that he had warned away from her would all look to him for answers. If he could only put her in her place without revealing his identity... the corners of his mouth began to turn upward. Yeah, he would get his cake and eat it too.

He realized he could and would definitely enjoy Ember during her next visit to the river. He would have watch every night till she appeared. He wouldn't snatch her yet, but he would put a lot of fear into her.

~~€

Nine days after the riverbank...

The more he thought of that night by the river and how he had grabbed her had caused him to start sporting a near constant hard-on. He'd relived that magical night over and over again. He'd finally gotten the chance to show her who was boss; only he still had to disguise himself. He'd wanted to roar it to the sky, to his commanding officer, to his doubtful friends, to her stuck up friends and family, but mostly to HER. "Yeah, I had you baby! Just like old times!" Yeah, she would learn soon enough it had been him, marking her as his, not just some horny kid trying to get lucky.

Their shit was for real, but he couldn't even to talk to or approach her, but those days were soon to end. The more he thought of having her again combined with the memory of that night by the river... always gave him a hard-on. He'd relived that magical night over and over again. It had been over a week. Staying out of her sight meant she was out of his as well. He desperately wanted to see how she managed after their time together.

Had she gone to the authorities? Contacted the base military police? Had she told any of her friends? Shit! He was dying to know. What was going on with her? He didn't see her for several days, then a little over a week he spotted her from his HMMWV, walking closely with her roommate. Yeah, she was affected. Her body language screamed it. Something happened and it was obvious she was no longer felt safe walking the town by herself.

Her shoulders were hunched as if she were attempting to make herself smaller. Her eyes were casting about as if searching for someone, and then quickly looking down to the ground every so often. She held her portfolio or large thin briefcase close to her chest. Her clothes that normally were summer dresses or Capri's and snug fitting t-shirts were now long dull brown skirts, long sleeve blouses, or sweat pants and baggy t-shirts. Yeah, he affected her. He'd finally gotten the chance to show her who was boss... only he had to disguise himself.

~~€

Just as Vincent started up his SUV, his cell phone chirped. The ring indicated it was Vergara. He reached into his uniform pocket to answer, "Hey Enrique. So is everything set? ... Okay, will do. Hey, I will hit you back once I check my email for the access codes. Thanks for setting up that second account as well. What? You want to discuss something with me in person? Is there a problem?

Why do I feel you are trying to stall? But you have my transportation arranged right? Cool man, thanks. Yeah, yeah we can still meet. Not now tomorrow night. I'm on my way out to meet up with my traveling companion. I'll give you a call before noon tomorrow. We can meet back at our original spot. I'm out."

~~€

Leaving it all behind...

Vincent's disappearing act really depended upon how soon Enrique Vergara could funnel his money into hidden accounts under his new name, one not linked to Vincent Sinclair. Then, finally, he could focus on Ember. He had already decided to fake his death near the end of his six year enlistment.

He had planned that at that point once he had all of his money transferred, reinvested, and transportation for the both of them secured, he could slip into Mexico with her. But now that he had revealed himself as an unknown threat, he had to move his plans up some.

~~€

Before Vincent could leave the military, he had to confirm that Vergara would have Ember's passport ready, in order to cross the border. Perhaps faking his death would be the better alternative when he left with her. Her disappearance would spark more of an alarm once it was known he was no longer shackled to the military. Her parents, cousins, and dear old friends would just about move heaven and earth to find her or whoever took her. He kind of laughed at that idea, could they possibly find her on the east coast of Mexico. He snorted with a smirk on his face. He was beginning to grow impatient waiting for Vergara to obtain a passport for Ember.

Vincent wanted to leave the military, this life; this... country in style. He had grown tired of serving the officers, acting like their shit didn't stink. The finest meals, best sleeping quarters... he wanted that and he wanted to show Ember he could provide her with a better life than either of them had known growing up in middle-class America. If she'd only give him a second chance; and if she wouldn't, then he'd simply take her.

Vincent and Enrique...

After meeting Enrique Vergara, things started to fall into place for Vincent. He had begun to worry that he would not be able to provide for Ember and win her back on a military salary. But after a few deals with his man Vergara, he could see his future looking way more prosperous than that of an enlisted man, some damn detective like his dad, or even as the Chief of Police.

Yeah, Vergara had set him up nice and pretty. Secretly they were smuggling old military weapons out of the country. These out dated weapons were catalogued for destruction, which they sold to third world countries not so friendly with the U.S. government, was a stroke of genius.

Also, hiring himself and a select few from his squadron to do under the military radar... little favors for Vergara was an added plus. He had already gained a reputation and place among Vergara's associates as a man of means and who could get the job... no matter how small, it got done. Vincent had yet to deal with his old life back home. His parents, or rather his mother and a few ex-girlfriends were hoping he would return home a take up life again in Omaha.

Not happening. After traipsing about the globe to places like Morocco, Brazil, Belgium, and networking through Vergara's connections Vincent knew America could no longer provide the type of life he expected to live with Ember. He had set up kidnappings and assignations for associates of Vergara and had orchestrated little military takeovers in little third world countries. Yeah, it was profitable to be Vincent Sinclair.

Thanks to another business outlet, he also had established an investment as services as a watchdog over a diamond mind discovered near Chapala of Brazil (and taking a nice cut himself in diamonds), and his established association with certain men of the ever growing cartels of South America. Why he was once assigned to prove himself by discretely and ruthlessly putting down his first black market competition.

These little ventures only reinforced his desire to drop the idea of returning back to the mid-west to satisfy his parents need to keep him underfoot. All he needed was to take his girl with him when he finally disappeared. He needed a clean break and had been harboring the idea of a fake suicide to get it.

No more needing to check in with his worrisome mother and ever vigilant father, always expecting the worst of him. It still hurt that his dad still believed, well no, knew what really went down between he and Ember. Ember down played the whole mess, and his mother was completely acceptable of the rated PG 13 version Ember gave the officers, doctors, friends, and her parents. But only she, he... and somehow his dad knew the truth... fucking detective!

Over the years Vincent kept abridged of Embers comings and goings. Upon learning that she was moving out of town to southern part of Texas, far from home and even closer to an Army military base, Vincent worked like crazy to get himself stationed there. Within a month of a little 'washing my back and I wash your back favors,' he found himself and a few of his cronies stationed at Army Base Bliss, In Texas.

~~€

Enrique Vergara...

It had been on Vergara's mind that he did not want his business ventures to end with Vincent Sinclair disappearing into the night. He liked doing business with him. Sinclair made him a rich man, a very rich man... he was already a cartel, but as always with the rich, they only wanted to get richer.

He had yet to introduce his latest business idea to Sinclair... human trafficking of young African American girls and woman... It had occurred to Vergara that there was money to be made in that arena. African American women were not hard to come by in America, and getting them young enough could be very profitable. Brazilian women had proven that for him some time ago.

But African American women would be quite unique. When he thought of it, they tended to be hardier, stronger, intelligent, had stamina, very exotic, unique attributes, and they seemed ageless. During a couple of his visits to America, he had been introduced to a Madame that operated female escorting business. Deciding to try something new, he selected a young Black woman for a lap dance.

Later on, he was astounded to discover his lap dancer was nearly twice the age he had assumed. He had been impressed with her features, curves, and moves. Vergara had thought to make arrangements for her to be available whenever he was in town and so had inquired as to her age. The dark beauty that he thought was closer to 25 was in actuality closer to 40.

The women of his country tended to not age so well. Perhaps the hard life or what, but when he complimented the whore on her ageless beauty, she simply laughed and stated that, "Black don't crack," or "The Blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice?" Little startled or confused Vergara, but this did. He actually found himself amused by this little discovery and that he even enjoyed the little education.

He considered himself a learned man. A man of the world, he knew the world and the greedy bastards in it knew the greedier ones that ran it, he included. The more he pondered this idea of "Black don't Crack," or as he pounded his educator, an idea took root in his head.

There is a black market for blue-eyed blondes, Russians girls, and Asian girls... but what of nice caramel to dark skin beauties, from curly natural hair to long braids cascading down their backs, a Beyoncé look-a-like with golden high-lights in her hair blowing in the wind as she is driven in a convertible. Yes, the possibilities were endless.

African American women were very diverse, their skin color alone, hair color, hair texture, features, and their particular gifts that only their unique DNA allowed for... their enhanced backsides and full lips. These women were still somewhat different from the darker women of his primos' home area of Veracruz. Enrique felt more of an urge to contact Sinclair for this business proposition, than to inform him that his female companion's passport and cruise tickets were ready for their departure.

Vincent planned to travel in first class with some girl he had yet to pick up; and Enrique had to admit, he was curious for all the talk Sinclair put behind the woman. One woman his ass, snorted Vergara, what a waste of his time. Perhaps he could persuade his acquaintance to put off his early retirement or just postpone it.

Yes, he and Vincent were nowhere near done. It had been agreed that Vergara would send word and information to Vincent on his scheduled departure, but now Vergara felt he should meet with him in person with this new venture. Why he couldn't dare say no. Hmm... 'Black don't crack', he snickered to himself at the thought.

~~€

Vincent...

The more he thought of his planned disappearance, the more he realized how silly it was. When he left America and the military, he was gone. He had no plans to contact family or hometown friends again. The people he planned to stay in touch with were the people he conducted business with now.

So, in the end, he was like 'fuck it', take the girl and the money and run. Yeah, there would be no more worrying about the small shit. Now, Ember... he couldn't exactly know how to just walk up to her grab her by the hand and board a plane or put her in a car. Vergara's private jet would do it. He was still keeping track of Ember.

There was a guy here and there that may have showed an interest; but Vincent wasn't having any of that shit. Usually a meeting of the minds or the knuckles was needed to let any perspectives know it wasn't in their best interest to pursue a relationship with Ember. She didn't know it, but she was well indeed spoken for.

Vergara had called him to schedule a meeting about some new business he stumbled across. Sometimes he wondered was that all Enrique put his mind to. Yeah he was wealthy due to Enrique, but a man still had to live. Well that was Vergara's problem, not his. Vincent had to admit he was somewhat curious to the vague yet brief meeting of Enrique's. To be honest, Vincent wanted to snag the passports and tickets and be on his way out of town.

But he owed Vergara a lot and they still had other dealings that involved the two of them, so blowing him or his new idea of commerce off, was not an option. Vergara had implied he had wanted to personally present Vincent with his new passports and tickets for the last leg of his trip to coastal Mexico. Secretly Vincent wondered if that were not his only reason for insisting on meeting him in person with his traveling companion at hand. He knew it would surely take her awhile, but even she would fall in love with the little town of Boca del Rio; it was Vincent's idea of a tropical hideaway. He had Enrique's man purchase it under his new alias. Vincent had visited the town a few years back and it had stuck with him as a place for them to start anew life.

~~€

Ten days after the riverbank and lightning strikes twice...

"Look, Jenna, I'm not feeling this party. What if we call it a night and head home?" Ember was practically begging her friends to leave. She couldn't believe she had allowed Cynthia to talk her into wearing the teal colored spaghetti strap dress that stopped just above her knee. But Ember wouldn't let them take away her long white shawl. She kept it wrapped around her like the mummy.

She couldn't help wondering should she have told her friends, or even just Jenna about the river incident. In the back of her head, that is what it was thought of just for her to stay functional. How could she tell them when they had been so adamant about her not going solo? In a very much a way Ember was ashamed and felt she brought the attack on herself. When Jenna mentioned the party, Ember felt this was a good opportunity to prove to her that she could move beyond that night.