Opposites Attract Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gweall
Gweall
900 Followers

~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah arrived back with his pack and found they were still sleeping. He made a big deal out of howling and making noise as he hobbled in. It wasn't long before one of the younger pack members woke up.

{Noah? Are you alright?} The smaller one looked at his leg and his eyes widened.

{I was attacked, the vampire has called in his brood. He must have known we were going to attack.} Noah gasped, exaggerating his pain. The young ones eyes widened further.

{I'll find Bane.} He said and began searching various sleeping wolves and people for Bane's comforting form. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You really had to go all the way out there just to... you know. You couldn't have just used a bathroom or something?" Nira asked. It was the first time Matt had seen her blush and look uncomfortable. Nira was confident and arrogant, not uncomfortable and embarrassed.

"You know how good our hearing is. You and everyone else would have heard me." Matt said. Nira rubbed her forehead.

"You're lucky I came along before that dog could touch you." She shook her finger in his face like a mother from the 50's

'I was really hoping he would touch me.' Matt growled in his head. He had been rock hard when Noah had been on top of him. That problem was quickly solved when Nira stuck a knife in his lovers leg. Matt had never been turned on while having a bigger guy on top of him. He felt so comfortable with Noah that they didn't have a need for submissive and dominant titles. He wanted to hold Noah. He was tired of hiding from his family and friends. He wanted the fighting to stop and everyone to just get along. He wanted Noah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We must attack them now! What if more of them come?" A large lycan from the back slammed his fist down on the table.

"Calm down, Greg." Bane said calmly. Noah had to hold back a laugh. Who named a lycan Greg?

"First off, Noah are you alright?" Bane asked him. Noah nodded silently. He didn't trust his voice, he was worried that any second he would scream about his love for a vampire.

"Good, Now. I agree, we cant wait much longer. We don't know how many more are on the way. " Bane said. A few loud protests were heard but most nodded in agreement. Noah was glad he wasn't the only one he didn't want to go to war.

"We should talk to them. They don't need a war and neither do we. Both of our species are dying, how many of us do you think are left in the world? The humans don't even know we exist." One pack member said. Several more joined in, nodding heads. It seemed the pack had split into two separate groups, ones who wanted war, and ones who didn't.

"I agree with them, Bane. We don't need war." Noah shook his head. Bane's hard face showed no remorse.

"They must die, Noah. You of all people should think that." Bane said.

"What, why?" Noah questioned. Bane shook his head and sighed.

"Nothing, Get some sleep everyone." He said and walked out of the room. Noah waited a moment and looked around and the uneasy pack members before following Bane outside.

"What did you mean by that?" Noah said. Bane turned to face him.

" Your mother was killed by a vampire, as was your father, and your brother. You, of all of us, should hate them the most." Bane said.

" Things were different then. I'm two hundred years old, Bane. And, I'm still young." Noah said.

"Yeah, and Vampires live a hell of a lot longer then us. For all you know your little leech friend could be the one who killed Aldaris and the rest of your family." Bane snapped. Silence passed between them.

"You knew?" Noah said quietly.

"Yes, it wasn't hard to figure out, most of the pack members are to young to recognize a vampires scent. Its all over you." Bane hissed. Noah swallowed. What would happen now?

"What are you going to do?" Noah asked. Bane stared at him silently.

"They're our enemies, Noah." He said as if Noah should know what he was going to do.

"I love him." Noah whispered. Bane sighed.

"That doesn't matter." He said and began walking off again.

"It does matter! I claim him as my mate, as does he!" Noah cried.

"You cant mate with one of those THINGS!" Bane shouted back, pointing in the direction of Matt's home.

"What the hell?" Noah heard a voice from behind him. A few other pack members stood listening, but a younger one had spoken.

"Good, maybe the rest of the pack can talk some sense into you." Bane said, as the rest of the back gathered outside.

"Go on, tell them." Bane muttered.

"I have found a mate." Noah said, bitterly. He didn't move his eyes from Bane. Several of the pack members clapped and cheered. Some clapped a hand on his shoulder and several 'Congrats' were heard.

"He's a vampire." Noah said quietly. All stopped talking and only stared.

"But I love him. They're not what we all think they're like!" Noah finally turned to face the rest of the pack.

"They aren't murderers, and they don't kill humans!" Noah tried to plead Matt's case. Several of the pack members just stared quietly, not sure what to think.

"The rule is that any mate is accepted into the pack unless he or she commits a crime against said pack, then it is decided if he or she can stay." An elderly woman said from the back.

"He's a vampire, he has killed hundreds of our kind." Another younger male spoke up.

"And we have killed thousands of them!" Noah shouted. That shut them all up and they took a moment to think.

"Yes, I know he's killed our kind. But I've killed his people and he knows it. He still loves me." Noah said. It seemed the pack had split into two sides. One for, and one against, the pair.

"But the rest of his people, even if we did accept him..." An older male spoke up.

"Yes, That's one of our problems. But if we accept him maybe the rest of his pack will realize we are not what they think." Noah said. Some of the pack continued to think, others appeared to have already made up their minds.

"We are a pack, we make decisions together. All for the mating of Noah and This bloodsuck-"

"His name is Matt." Noah growled at Bane.

"... Yes.. Noah and... Matt, Stand over there. All against, over there." Bane gestured with his head. Noah stayed in the center, as he was not allowed to vote, and Bane stayed with him, Pack leaders must stay balanced in all decisions of the pack.

The sides were nearly equal. Most of the younger people were on the agreed, and most of the older members were on the opposed. Staying to their old ways. But there were a few young ones in the opposed and a few older in the agreed, including the elderly woman who had spoken up about the laws.

"It's decided, after counting. The vampire has a chance. ONE chance." Bane clarified. Several of the opposed growled and the approved murmured happily. Noah could feel his tail wanting to sprout and wag.

"He has one chance Noah. We must meet him and speak of the coming war." Bane said.

"I'm not sure if I can get him away from his clan." Noah worried.

"You must try, or we will forget the meeting and go to war." Bane shrugged. Noah growled, before shifting and running off into the woods.

{Meet us in the clearing, Noah.} Bane said. Noah turned to see him shifted and several other pack members changing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah crept up to the house and across the open lawn. He attempted to quietly crawl up the wall, but failed miserably. The sound of his claws scratching the walls were loud and annoying. He put his ears back and cursed his claws. Finally he reached the window and peeked inside. Matt slept in his bed and Noah was glad for that, but there were several vampires sleeping on his floor, or in chairs around the room. It would be like walking through a mine field. He cursed and hopped through the window.

The pads on his feet silenced his steps but even the wind changing direction and blowing his scent into the vampires faces would waken them. He padded on all fours, keeping his tail up away from the sleeping creatures, and inched towards matt's bed. Once there he attempted to wake him quietly. He shook him gently and Matt woke up with a start. He put a clawed, furry hand over his mouth and put a finger to his own lips. Matt's eyes widened as he looked around. Noah gestured to the window and Matt shook his head, and made the 'shoo' sign.

Noah shook his head and pointed at the window again. Matt made a silent sigh and climbed out of bed. Careful to avoid his sleeping friends. Before he knew it he saw Noah trip. He nearly fell backwards over Ebon but used his tail to catch himself. He sat in a bridge position over Ebon and used his inhuman flex ability to bend backwards, bringing his legs up and over the sleeping vampire.

"Nice!" Matt's said, without thinking. He clapped his hands over his mouth and Noah put his hands over Matt's. They looked around and saw that none of the vampires had been disturbed. They removed their hands and Matt mouthed 'sorry' Noah shook his head, his ears back in anger, before jumping out the window. He landed on his back legs silently and looked up at Matt. Matt followed him down, landing with more noise, but uninjured.

{Stealthy.} Noah hissed. Matt glared and stuck his tongue out. They were almost into the woods before Nira jumped on his back. He yelped in surprise and hoped none of the other vampires had heard him. He rolled and got Nira off of him before pinning her.

"Help-!" She was cut off by a furry paw over her mouth.

{I'm really getting sick of you!} Noah growled. She glared at him and licked his paw.

{Ew!} He wanted to pull his paw away but kept it plastered to her mouth. She fought and kicked under him but his size was to much for her.

{Matt would you shut her up? We don't have time for this!} Noah looked up at Matt.

"Nira, quiet! He's a friend." Matt explained in a hushed whisper.

"Frwiend?!" She mumbled under his hand.

"Yes, now be quiet. You will wake the others and we really cant have that." Matt said. She glared at him but stopped fighting. Matt nodded at Noah and he hesitantly moved off of her. He wiped his paw on the ground, removing the spit she had left there.

{Ew.} He muttered again.

"Matt what the fuck is going on here?" She whispered angrily.

"I don't know, Noah?" Matt looked up at him.

{I don't know how but my pack found out about us. We put it to a vote and they decided that you need a chance, to talk to them. I'm taking you to meet them. This could put a stop to the war, Matt.} Noah said.

"Wait, what do you about you two? What's going on?" Nira asked, louder.

"Shh!"

{Shh!} She was silenced.

"What about Nira?" Matt asked.

{ I cant send her back, Matt. She knows about us. If things don't work out she could get you killed.} Noah said.

"She would never do that, Noah." Matt said.

{I still cant take the chance. She has to come.} Noah said. Matt sighed and began following Noah deeper into the woods. On the way he explained to Nira what had been going on. It was clear she didn't like Noah but she loved Matt more than anything.

"Where are we going, babe?" Matt asked after walking for several minutes.

{We're almost there. It's a clearing my clan meets at for meetings and other business.} Noah explained. After another minute of walking he stood on his back legs and stepped into a clearing.

His entire pack was there They sat on various fallen logs and some sat in the trees. All were in their wolf forms. None of them trusted the vampires, even those who agreed on the mated pair.

{Noah! I said your mate, not all of his friends too!} Bane growled and lolloped over to Noah.

{I'm sorry, she caught us on the way out. It was either this or send her back to their clan to tell all of them.} Noah said. Bane sighed and shook his head. Using one paw to rub his temple, an odd gesture for a wolf.

{The lesser of two evils I suppose.} He sighed and turned, walking back to where he had been sitting before.

{This is Matt. And his sister, Nira.} Noah made a short introduction. Most of the members stayed silent but some bowed their greeting.

{Bane is the pack leader.} Noah said to Matt. It was clear which one was Bane. He sat on a tree stump, in the center of the clearing.

"Hey." Matt choked.

"Not gonna lie, this is nerve wracking." Matt laughed uneasily. A few other members chuckled to themselves.

{Matt. I'm Bane. The pack leader. We are here to determine if you are suited to join our pack. Or if that is even legal...} He added. Noah moved to his spot in the pack and sat, with his tail curled around his paws like a cat.

{You will be fine.} Noah sent Matt a private thought. Matt nodded, in agreement with Bane and Noah.

{Nira, not going to lie. I don't want you here. But it seems my son made the decision he thought was best.} bane said.

"Son?" matt blurted out. The rest of the pack chuckled.

{You didn't inform him that you are the Alfas' son?} Bane turned to Noah. Who shrugged.

"Thank, babe." Matt said sarcastically. He noticed several younger lycans watching him. It never occurred to him that there would be children here. But he guessed that with everyone here there was no one to watch the children.

{So you wish to be mated to Noah.} Bane said simply.

"yes, sir." Matt didn't know what else to say.

{Have you ever killed a lycan, Matt?} Bane asked. Matt swallowed.

"Yes, I have." He said quietly. Several of the pack members gasped and mothers pulled their hatchlings closer to their bodies.

{Did you participate in the latest raid on our pack?} Bane asked over the roar of murmuring lycans, it grew quiet again.

"Yes I was." Matt cleared his throat and the pack got louder with protest.

{Did you kill or injure any of our members?} Bane growled.

"I was trying to kill Noah actually..." Matt coughed. Noah chuckled and Bane glared at him.

{Anything else I should know?} Bane sighed.

"Uh, I don't think so..." Matt looked at Noah, making sure there was nothing. Noah cleared his throat.

{His sister killed Aldaris.} Noah said. The entire pack went wild. They spoke in their own tongue and began yelling at each other. They went into a frenzy. Some began growling and the sides were clear. It wasn't looking good for Matt.

"Oh yeah... theres that." Matt rubbed the back of his neck.

{Silence!} Bane growled at his pack. They continued to fight. Bane stood on his hind legs and let out a loud, commanding howl. The pack was silenced.

{I'm ashamed, we are in the presence of guests and all you can do is act like a bunch of animals. All of you, shift, Now! Maybe if you don't look like beasts you wont act like them!} Bane growled. Everyone, including Noah, changed to their human forms. Bane followed and stood, not as a judge, but as a equal in front of Matt.

"I see no reason why you shouldn't be mated to Noah. But its not up to me, this is a matter of the pack. Vote. Opposed on the right, Supported on the left." Bane said, without looking away away from Matt and his sister. Noah stepped forward, next to Bane and turned to watch the pack sort itself out. Again the sides looked even and Bane turned to count them. Matt and Noah looked at each other nervously.

"It's decided then. Matt, welcome to the pack." Bane smiled. Noah squealed and jumped at Matt. Matt hugged him in a tight embrace and they shared a kiss.

"Ew." Nira inched away from them.

"Now we must deal with your clan." Bane said seriously.

"Please, Bane. Let me talk to them." Matt said.

"If I take Noah with me maybe they will see how much we care about each other." Bane looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Very well." He nodded. Matt, Noah, and Nira turned to leave. "But Matt." Bane stopped them. "Keep him safe." Bane said quietly. Matt wrapped his arm around Noah's shoulders and hugged him close. He nodded his respect and they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{You did good.} Noah said to Matt, once he had shifted back into his wolf form.

"Thanks, I was nervous." Matt sighed, as they walked back towards his home.

{Well its my turn to be nervous now, you have no idea what its going to be like being in a room full of vampires.} Noah said. Matt looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

{Oh yeah....} Noah laughed and Matt shook his head.

They arrived back at Matt's house and the sun was beginning to rise.

"Come on, we need to get in fast." The three ran full speed towards the house and made it just in time. Nira and Matt inched away from the light but Noah stayed outside.

{Maybe I should just stay out here.} After thinking about it Matt nodded.

"Maybe that would be best..." Matt disappeared inside and Nira and Noah were left alone.

"I didn't know that was your brother...." Nira said awkwardly. Noah said nothing.

"If I had.... I mean if I had know you.... Shit..." She muttered. Sounds of an argument were heard inside and Matt was thrown against a wall. Nira disappeared deeper inside the house and Noah sat at the door trying to see around the corner. Matt smiled at him before he turned back to the obvious problem inside.

After a moment a young female vampire came to the doorway. She kept her toes at the blinding morning sun and just looked at Noah.

"I'm Amy." She said and smiled. "I always thought all the fighting our people did was stupid." She giggled. Noah shook his shaggy fur and gave, what sounded like, a hyenas chuckle.

{Wish I could say the same.} He growled. Amy shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm glad Matt found someone. He was always so lonely." Amy said. A hiss was heard from inside the house. Noah turned his head like a confused dog.

{Are you sure everything is alright in there?} Noah tried to peek around the door.

"Yeah, Ebon is just pissed off. Matt can handle him no problem." Amy smiled. The sound of splintering wood was heard from inside the house.

{There goes the table.} Noah chuckled. Amy looked back into the house. Suddenly the large man Noah had seen the first night he scoped out Matt's house, came out and lunged for Noah. Noah stepped back casually and the vampire stumbled slightly, putting his hand into the sunlight. His head sizzled and blistered before he cried out and pulled it back. He hissed and held his hand to his chest. Matt came out, hair tussled and out of breath.

{Can you really be out of breath if you don't breathe?} Noah asked.

"Old habits die hard." Matt laughed. Ebon wouldn't look away from Noah. Several others had gathered behind Matt.

"This is Noah, everyone." Matt said, There was an awkward silence.

"Look you guys, I know this is weird but the fighting has to stop. We are killing each other to extinction and this is the perfect situation to bring the peace." Matt said and gestured to Noah.

"He's right, I didn't like it either but its not so bad." Nira chimed in.

{I don't bite.} Noah wagged his tail playfully.

"Yeah right." One of the vampires from the back muttered.

"Okay fine, If you don't like it then feel free to leave tonight." Matt said. Three or four of the vampires turned away from the group.

"Noah is part of the clan now, no matter what you all think." Matt said.

{And equally, you all are part of my pack.} Noah bowed.

"Hell, Matt. Most of us didn't even like fighting the werewolves." A younger man came forward.

{Yeah, okay we are going to have to educate all y'alls 'cause That's going to cause some problems.} Noah said. Matt laughed but the others looked confused.

"Well now that we got this sorted out, Noah go back to your pack. We need to get rid of all these old wives tales about our species...es....speci?" Matt continued mumbling to himself.

{On it.} Noah said before he got involved in another argument on what the plural of something is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah trotted back into the clearing and was surprised to say the least, to see several of his pack laying on the ground, wounded.

Gweall
Gweall
900 Followers