Optical Illusion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,055 Followers

"Jim, calm down and let's hear what they have to say." It was nice to see Amanda, though maybe not on our side, willing to listen.

I had to step in for Amelia's sake. I can see Jim's barrage already affecting her. "Sir, with all due respect, we are far from marriage and I have zero intentions of taking her dreams away. I want for her what she wants for herself, which is what you want for her: to go to school and get a job she loves. I just want to be a part of the equation." I took a glance at Amanda to gauge her reaction and I see her offer her daughter a slight smile. At least she liked my answer.

"She can mail you a letter in four years after her graduation," Jim said with sarcastic anger.

Amanda squeezed Jim's arm hard enough for him to look at her, but he quickly returned his glare back at me.

Amelia came to my defense. "Dad, you're overreacting," she said with a huff.

"Overreacting? You have a secret romance for seven weeks with a guy who looks as old as I am and I'm overreacting?" I swear I see smoke coming from Jim's ears and I literally think his head is going to explode any second.

"Sir, I just turned 25 and you raised a very mature young lady. I myself only found out she was 18 a week ago. I thought for sure she was only a couple years younger than me."

"You're 25?" Amanda knew I was older than Amelia, but putting a number on it solidifies it. She put her arms around Jim's waist as if bracing for a tornado that's about to hit. She might not be for us or against us, but at least I know she won't let him kill me. I hope.

Jim let out a frustrated sigh. "I would much prefer you stay away from her." At those words, Amelia clung tighter around my arm than ever before. "I don't want her marrying the first guy she is serious about. She has her whole life ahead of her. My daughter's focus should be on getting her education first." His temper was still flaring.

"Your father is right about the school part. You don't want to get distracted from your studies." Amanda's voice was full of caution for her daughter.

"There's that word again, marriage. After only seven weeks, why do you assume we're heading to Vegas to elope? Yes, we love each other, but marriage and children would come after her graduation." I don't think Jim is capable of a rational thought right now.

Amanda then gave us a reassuring smile; she was on the verge of approval or at least acceptance. She gave us both a glimmer of hope. Then Jim spoke again.

"It's time you left." Jim pointed an authoritive finger at me, and then Amelia. "We'll talk about this in the morning." He looked us over one last time, vehemently shook his head, and stormed to the privacy of his den, slamming the door as he entered.

Amanda, Amelia, and I all stood in unison and I embraced Amelia tightly as I whispered my final sentiments. "No worries, love. It will work out." I think I was trying to convince myself as well as her. We then pulled apart and I gave her a light peck on the lips. I wanted to offer more as comfort, but Amanda was right there. "I love you. Call me when you can." Tears began to fall from Amelia's eyes and I even started to well up a little as I kissed her forehead and made my way to the front door. Amanda followed me. She probably wanted to make sure Amelia wouldn't run off with me.

Amanda shook my hand. "It was nice to have met you." She was polite, almost apologetic.

"You too." It was all I could muster as I left with sadness in my heart. I now hoped this was not my last day with Amelia.

The rest of the weekend was brutally long. Saturday evening, I was forlorn. Sunday morning, I was filled with anticipation for a phone call. That afternoon I turned to worrying, constantly asking myself "what if...?" By evening, my heart was in devastation; a shell of myself. I tried calling Amelia a plethora of times, but alas, her phone was turned off. I had my answer. Where do I go from here?

Monday morning came and I was off to work. I contemplated calling off, but I needed the distraction. I should've called in sick. Normally the consummate professional, I made mistake after mistake. I even thought about logging on to some porn sites and crashing the server so I could get myself fired and wallow in my sorrow. A perfect ending to how I feel. Four o'clock took forever to arrive. When it finally did, relief swept over me as I would no longer be able to break anything else today. It was quickly followed by despair. I had nowhere to go and nothing to do. No plans with Amelia. No dinner. No movie. No holding hands while walking in the park. It took me over a half hour to walk to my car, a typical three minute affair, self pity coursing through my veins. Damn, I've had two serious girlfriends before and neither caused me grief like this when the relationship ended. If only her father would listen to how much we care for each other. All he sees is a number seven, our age difference. I suppose I can't blame him, I acted the same way when I found out. Maybe in a month or two, when she's in college, she might have more freedom. Or maybe it's just best for me to move on. Goodbye Amelia.

It took two hours to drive home. I drove that slowly. Commuters were passing me left and right with a flurry of car honks combined with the international sign for fuck you. I didn't care.

I pulled up to my house and turned off the car. I didn't move. All that awaited me was a house full of emptiness. I sat there in my loneliness as darkness began to loom across the sky. It was going to rain. Just like the day I met her. I needed to see her again. I needed to see her even if it was going to be our final time. I turned the key and the car started. As I put the car into reverse, the front door to my house opened. And there she stood. The light coming from the hallway gave her the look of an angelic being. Perhaps she is. An angel of love sent by the goddess Aphrodite herself just for me. We ran to each other and our bodies collided in a tight embrace. Our limbs entwined and our lips connected with electricity as droplets of precipitation fell upon us. We were together and I was never letting go.

Epilogue:

Amelia moved in that day. Thanks to Amanda, I was allowed over her parent's house when Jim wasn't home and on holidays. He was barely civil when our paths crossed, meaning we didn't fight, but we didn't speak either. Amelia and Amanda remained close, but her relationship with Jim was full of friction, all because of me.

It took four years for Jim to tolerate my existence, also known as the day Amelia graduated with her degree in financing. We decided to get married before she began her new career at C. W. Financial, the same place I happened to be employed. Being in different departments, we rarely saw each other at the work place, but we always made time to eat lunch together. She rose through the company quickly. Sometimes she would deliberately crash her computer. We tried to be discreet, but I'm sure her secretary knew.

Three years later, we were blessed with our only child, Margaret. We named her after Amelia's grandmother, for she was the one that inspired Amelia to follow her heart.

Our love never faded.

fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,055 Followers