All Comments on 'Original Sin'

by EctoJohn

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
ha

Thou art ninnies!!!!!

Funniest. Line. Ever.

falcon29falcon29almost 14 years ago
Good, but...

I know you knew there had to be a disclaimer. It was well conceived but the execution was wanting. Your imitation of formal and Biblical usages was full of errors and a kind of reversal sometimes. It's no disgrace to ask someone to edit your work before submitting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
old English usage

Thou is singular, You is plural. The serpent shoud have said "YOU are ninnies." Also, several times you used "it's" (the contraction of "it is" instead of the possesive "its."

ima6uldv8ima6uldv8over 13 years ago
Cute and clever

I love it. An enjoyable read. Hey anonymous, get some balls and use your Lit name for comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Witty and Hilarious

What a fun take on the origin of sin. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Thanks for sharing!

dutchraindutchrainover 10 years ago
Wonderful tale of the origins of mankind!

I really enjoyed this story. It made me chuckle.

Intelligent, humorous, well written.

Lovely2222Lovely2222over 9 years ago

I enjoyed this very much! Made me smile!

rudeshrewrudeshrewabout 9 years ago
:)

That was a fun read! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story!

I'm always amused when I hear some churchy type talking about "original sin". They all think Adam and Eve were banished for being naked, but they were really banished for disobeying God and eating the Fruit of Knowledge (and why the heck do they all think that Fruit was an apple, the bible does NOT say that). Also, when they covered up they used FIG LEAVES! (the bible IS specific on that...) but have you ever touched a fig leaf? Talk about scratchy, a fig leaf is indeed big enough to do the job they wanted, but the spines on it make it totally unsuitable for that purpose.

As for sex being a sin, why? All the animals did it, why not humans, God never told them not to do that, only that they should not eat the Fruit from that one Tree.

The people who wrote the bible must have had a few holes in their heads, because the book is FULL of holes, such as when Noah and his family got off the Ark after the world was destroyed in the Flood, they started running into Philistines and other bad dudes...weren't they destroyed in the Flood, too? I was at a party some years ago, and watched a preacher sample the punch then say (out loud, so everyone could hear) "Why that's so good it ought to be a sin!". There has always been some kind of "Holy Man" whispering in the King's ear, causing trouble for someone...(remember the Inquisition?)

I also wonder why, if the bible is the "Absolute, True, and Perfect Word of God" there are so many different versions of it, most of which contradict other versions in various chapters or verses. Then you have rival religions that don't even use the bible, they have their own Holy Text (Muslim Quran, Jewish Torah, then there are the Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto...and on and on. Until they get their story straight I remain skeptical...they can't ALL be right, but they could all be WRONG!

Absinth3Absinth3over 7 years ago
Cute

And as credible as the Bible...

YorkiechaiYorkiechaialmost 6 years ago
Genesis

Delightful retelling of the story. Much better than the original!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEctoJohn@EctoJohn
A huggable chubby guy that's lost in the fantasy of having a reality. Watching cartoons and playing games. I'm a big kid. :D