Out of the Shadows Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"Hey Soldiers," he called. "Come here."

Cynthia and looked at him. He was always a good looking man Cynthia thought.

"Hey, Darius, congratulations. I'm happy for you. You're Officer First Class Granger now." She said as she lightly hugged him..

Darius looked at her. "I want you all to meet my family. Come on?"

Cynthia froze, she liked him but didn't think beyond their time together at the base. So Darius gently placed his hand on her waist, and to lead her over to his huge clan.

Soon the rest of the team came over and they all walked together to meet Darius folks.

Darius stopped and looked at all of his family that came to see him. Standing straight and tall, he and his team walked over to greet them.

Chrissy and Rosa saw him first, and took off squealing to meet him in delight leaping into his arms. Then his two angels spotted him.

"Daddy! Daddy!" they yelled rushing to hug their father.

Cynthia knew he had two little girls, and they were beautiful. Her heart pounded as she gazed at the man of her dreams holding his daughters. She and Darius had talked a lot during the last two weeks. She knew he had a hard break up with the mother of is children and part of him still had love for this woman.

The two little girls he was hugging looked exactly like their mother, and she wondered if he was really over the other woman.

Darius walked up to his father flanked by his team and saluted him. Marvin no longer saw a confused boy but a strong young man standing before him.

Marvin smiled and with tears in his eyes, he embraced his son.

Darius returned his Dad's hug and his chest puffed up with pride.

Then his Momma was next.

"Boy, let me look at you. You look so handsome. I'm so proud of you son." Marge told him and held him through her tears.

He continued and hugged everyone in his family, Deidre, Sierra, and Cameron, only two people were missing. The one person he needed to see the most was not there.

Darius looked frantically for his brother, his twin. "Cam, where's Derrick? I thought he'd be here?" he asked his other brother feeling hurt that Derrick didn't come.

"Dawn is on bed rest, and he couldn't leave her." Sierra explained.

"Dawn, Dawnie's sick." Darius loved his sister-in-law, after the problems with DJ, everyone was on pins and needles.

"Hey, she's fine. Darius, she's fine. It's just a precaution." Sierra explained as she hugged her brother.

Then his eyes fell on Deidre. She was still beautiful, but he could let her go now. He'd always love her, but she was right. He needed to grow up. The last ten weeks made him grow up and he was no longer the boy that he was when he left.

Walking over to his ex, he embraced her and greeted her. "Hey, girl. Thank you for kicking my ass to the curb and forcing me to grow the hell up."

Deidre laughed, "You're welcome." She whispered.

LaCynthia saw him hug Deidre and her heart froze. She knew he still cared about the other woman even though he said he'd moved on.

Cynthia needed a minute. She turned to walk away when Maria stopped her.

"Cynthia, girl, he's your man now, not hers." her friend whispered.

Cynthia's attempt to leave did not go undetected by Darius and he walked over placing his hand on her waist, and pulled her into a light embrace.

"Hey, everyone this is my team. Horse, Danny, Maria, Kerrie, and LaCynthia." Darius introduced his team to his family. His eyes locked with Cynthia and he smiled.

For the first time in a long time, LaCynthia Knicks was nervous. She saw Deidre, and the girl was amazing. His ex-girlfriend is beautiful. Why would he want someone like me? He was just being nice, and I fell for him. I must have stupid on my forehead.

Marge hugged each one of them. "Are your families here, they can all come to our house and we'll make lunch?"

Each member of the team looked at each other. They had decided that since they had two weeks before they reported for AI training, each person would take time and relax.

Horse would go home and check on his Mom and siblings. He needed to make sure his Mom would be able to support the kids when he left for AI.

Danny would go visit his grandmother. She was the only support he had from his family and he wanted to let her know he was alright.

Maria, Kerrie, and LaCynthia, didn't have any family to visit, so they decided to find a hotel room split the cost and rest then report to AI training in two weeks.

But before any of the team could scatter, Marge and Marvin made them follow them home for a home cooked meal.

LaCynthia rode with Darius in the car with his parents. Marge could not help but notice the twinkle in his eye when he looked at this young woman.

While riding home. Darius noticed that Cynthia was extremely quiet.

"Hey," he leaned over and whispered, "What's wrong?"

Cynthia smiled and told him nothing was wrong.

He knew she wasn't being truthful. But he'd wait until they got home then he'd talk to her.

He gently held her hand as he talked to his parents about his ten weeks.

When the Granger's pulled into their drive way, everyone exited the cars and entered the house. Darius' daughter immediately attached themselves to their daddy.

Cynthia quickly joined the other team members, and watched the happy reunion. Soon a good looking guy drove up, and Darius hesitantly shook hands with him. Then the guy snatched him in a quick embrace.

"Man, I'm glad you're home. You look good." Jason told his friend.

"Thanks, Jason. I owe you for looking out." Darius replied. "Thanks."

Jason laughed, "Man it was no problem. Your little girls are perfect man. You're lucky."

"Daddy! Jason! Daddy! Jason! Hey, can we play?" Camirra and Camorra greeted the two men.

The rest of the team had assembled in the front room and was talking with the rest of the family.

The guy that drove up was named Jason. He was the man Deidre left Darius for. Darius introduced him to the team and LaCynthia was not sure how she felt about this guy. Everyone was staring at Darius like they expected something, but Darius made a decision to let the anger go.

Cynthia was laughing at some stories Danny and Horse were sharing when a pair of strong arms circled her waist. Darius kissed her gently on the neck and then explained, "I'm heading over to my brother's house to see him and my sister-in-law. Will you come with me?" he asked.

Cynthia would follow him anywhere when he held her like that, so of course she agreed.

Darius borrowed his Dad's and the two drove over to Derrick and Dawn's house.

"Cynthia, Baby, what's going on? Tell me. I thought..." He kissed her hand.

"Darius, she's beautiful. Your children look just like her." Cynthia exhaled releasing her frustrations, "Am I someone to rub in her face? Are you really with me Darius? Do you still love her?"

Darius pulled over to talk to her. "Cynthia, yes, she's beautiful. Yes, we have children. Yes, a part of me will always love her. But, LaCynthia Knicks, you are the woman I choose. You are the one I want to be with. And you my sweetness are even more beautiful to me." Then he kissed her gently.

His words sounded nice, but he didn't say love. He didn't love her. LaCynthia wanted to be loved. She had fallen in love with this man, and wanted to tell him how she felt.

But she saw what happened to women in love. They believe any lie, everything the man said. Her mother loved Kevin. Even when he touched her and she tried to tell, her mother believed Kevin.

When she was eighteen and he forced her, she tried to tell her it was rape. He said it wasn't, and Momma threw her out. She saw what love could do to a woman.

So in two weeks, she was headed to one part of the country and Darius was headed to another part of the country. They'd be apart. Would they be able to stay in a relationship. They would be separated for months once they went into training.

"Cyn, Cynthia" Darius called her. She was deep thought. "Baby, what's wrong?" He felt her withdrawing and he really cared about this girl.

"Darius, it's my issue. I'll be alright. Don't worry." Cynthia smiled, but he could still see the pain inside her eyes. He wanted to take away that pain.

But he knew, they didn't have time now. They'd talk tomorrow.

"Hey let's go see my twin." He suggested, smiling.

Darius opened her door and helped her from the car.

Before he even reached the door, Derrick rushed out and hugged his brother. "Darius, you're back. You're different. I'm sorry I couldn't come but Dawnie's-"

"Uncle Dary" the cutest little boy raced to his uncle.

Darius stooped and scooped the toddler up into his arms hugging him tightly. "DJ, hey little man. I love you and missed you."

DJ was laughing and hugging and kissing his uncle. Cynthia couldn't help but laughed. It was obviously so cute and funny.

"DJ, let you uncle breath." Said a voice form the door. Cynthia looked up and saw a pregnant woman that looked like she was about to pop.

Darius's face lit up. Rushing to the woman he embraced her, "Dawnie, is my brother taking care of you."

"Yes, and I'm glad you're home. Wait, let me look at you." Dawn looked deeply in his eyes and she saw happiness and contentment. She hugged him tightly. "Darius welcome home."

"Ok, Darius, let go of my woman." Derrick grumbled as he carried his son and escorted Darius's guest.

"Hey guys." Darius said gently encircling her waist with his arms. " This special lady is LaCynthia Knicks and she's mine." He said as she kissed her temple.

Cynthia flushed, "Hello, we were in the same battalion." She explained.

"Well, welcome home." Dawn took her arm and led her inside the two women sat down. "So I see you like my hard-headed brother in law. You two are such a cute couple." Dawn teased Cynthia.

Cynthia stammered, "We're, I'm not sure what we are." Looking away shyly.

Darius sensed she was uncomfortable, and quickly moved to her side.

"Darius, can you and Derrick take DJ to the ice cream shop? Cynthia can keep me company, alright." Dawn asked sweetly.

The men left and Dawn gave a huge sigh of relief. "Whew, I can finally breathe! I love my husband, but since I had that small episode, he is driving me insane."

Cynthia laughed, "You're lucky he loves you so much."

"Uh Huh," Dawn scoffed, "Wait until, Darius convinces you to marry him. Then, we'll see if you don't sing a different tune."

Looking serious, "He doesn't feel that way about me." Cynthia whispered.

"Are you sure?" Dawn asked rubbing her extended belly as her son decided to make his presence be known. "But you feel that way about him, don't you?"

Sitting dejectedly, Cynthia whispered, "Yes."

Dawn smiled, she liked this girl. She seemed nice. She could tell that her brother-in-law had changed for the better and was sure this girl was part of the reason.

However even though she wanted to play matchmaker, she knew they had training and might end up in different parts of the world.

So they'd have to wait and hope that these two found each other at the end.

Meanwhile the two brothers were catching up at the ice cream shop. Darius told his brother about Basic Training and meeting Cynthia. He also told him about the branch of the military he was pursuing. Derrick was relieved. Working on vehicles was something his brother was good at, and he wasn't heading into combat.

But he had to ask, "What about Cynthia? She seems nice."

Darius exhaled, "I like her Derrick. She's tough, strong, but also soft. She caught hell in training. I mean Sarge rode her hard. They rode all of us, but he seemed to target her. She stayed strong and held her own.

Man, it took all I could not to beat the hell out of our Drill Sergeant, but she tempered me Derrick. She didn't lose it, so I held on."

I knew I loved her the first time I kissed her two weeks ago, but she has a dream of being a medic, and I want her to reach that dream."

Derrick asked, "So you guys are going to do the long distance thing, right?"

I guess so, and I hate it. I don't want tolose her Derrick." Darius whispered.

"Hey, you two will figure it out." Derrick reassured his brother.

After a while they walked back to the house, Dawn was actually dressed and wanted to go visit with the family and meet the other members of her brother-in-law's group.

So Darius helped Dawn in the front seat and scrapped DJ in. Derrick and Cynthia rode in the back with the baby. Soon they were back at the Granger's house where everyone was waiting for them to join with the rest of the family.

Thank you again for reading this story. Please vote and comment. You opinions and thoughts matter to me.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers