Pandemic Pt. 03 Ch. 11-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Linda had woken with contractions two nights ago and then again in the middle of last night. From then on either Karen or Maddy were with her and assisted her. Michael and Eliza gave support, while Annelise helped with anything they needed.

Late morning and she was in great pain, with Michael holding her. I looked in briefly, but there was nothing I could do, better I look after other things. At 6 pm Linda's yelling with pain ceased and all was quiet. I waited and the minutes passed, then a faint cry.

Annelise emerged from the room, looking pale. Her face was a sheen of moisture in spite of the cool evening.

"It is a boy and both he and Linda seem well. He took a bit to breathe. Karen and Maddy are deciding whether she needs stitches. They may need your help if they decide she does."

So fifteen minutes later I found myself next to Maddy holding the arm and shoulder of a screaming Linda. Thankfully it was only a few minutes, then Karen finished and the rest of us left Linda to sleep. Michael and Eliza watched over her. A quick cold dinner that night and then we too went to sleep.

Karen, Maddy and Annelise were asleep, but I was still awake when Eliza came in. She looked upset and when she came to bed she burst into tears.

An emotional day for us all and it was not my sister, nor was I pregnant and due for the same experience in seven months. I could but give sympathy. Thankfully it seemed to have all worked out well. Soon Eliza was asleep on my shoulder.

* *** *

The next morning I visited Linda. She still looked exhausted as she lay there. A tiny face with sparse black hair lay wrapped up next to her. She gave a weak smile.

Gradually she recovered. Although still sore, was up briefly the next day. The following day she came downstairs for dinner.

On the next Sunday, the 16th April, Michael and Linda had a Baptism ceremony for Peter Trung Van Le. His second name was the name of a grandfather he would never know, from a world that would seem alien to him.

The celebration was beautiful, though of course Peter protested the water from the baptismal font. I hoped they had warmed it. Mid-morning it was quite cool in the room, I sympathised with him. It did create a lovely ceremony to welcome him to our community. Linda was looking much better too, though she was not yet fully recovered. Eliza and Annelise had been helping and getting lots of baby rearing and cleaning practice.

Michael meanwhile managed to look overjoyed, shocked and panicked all at the same time, but gradually he was looking less panicky. I sympathised with him too, I guessed I would feel the same way soon enough.

* *** *

It was good having Linda across the other wing of the house in the tower ensuite. She was far enough to have privacy and not to have anything disturb us, but close enough for us to easily give assistance. Little Peter was growing. Going from looking cute, lying quietly, sleeping and feeding to deciding to make his presence known. Hopefully his crying was a phase he would soon pass through.

Annelise, Eliza and Karen were keen to help, but increasingly he just wanted his mum. Having a baby did bring a different feel to our community, we had moved from temporarily surviving to creating a future. What that future would be like was hard to tell. That is always the way of the future of course, but ours was particularly hard to predict. I wondered if the infected could breed and whether their children would be normal or not. That would have a big impact on us.

* *** *

Linda, Michael, Maddy, Annelise and Peter were down at Tom's farm. Yesterday morning Tom had rung us on the phone. He said Ellen was in labour and it seemed that the birth was imminent.

Hopefully today Ellen would give birth to a healthy child and they would be back. So I wished anyway. Eliza, Karen or I kept near the new phone system, just in case help was needed or, hopefully, to hear good news. I was keenly interested in whether the virus would affect the baby's survival. My greatest wish for the infected was that they would be able to give birth to healthy normal children. Children who eventually could aid them, and help build our numbers.

That evening we had good news. Ellen had given birth and both Ellen and her baby were healthy. Michael said that they would stay the night and drive back in the morning.

They returned mid-morning and we discussed the visit over an early lunch. Linda said the birth went smoothly and the baby girl seemed healthy. Then she qualified her statement with a list of all the things that could be wrong and when they would start to be noticeable. Eliza's look of concern turned to horror and everyone else started to look alarmed. Thankfully Karen quickly side-tracked the conversation, she asked how Ellen would look after the baby. Linda had discussed looking after the baby with Tom and Lisa. They would help Ellen look after the girl and monitor her to make sure she was all right. Linda said Lisa was also about five months pregnant.

Staying at the house in one of the spare bedrooms had worked out fine. They were initially going to stay in an outbuilding but it would have needed a lot of work to make it habitable and Tom and the others had been very welcoming. None of our group felt any tension from the others about them staying there. Even Lisa seemed happy that they were there helping Ellen. Michael's help around the farm had also been appreciated.

Alan had had several injuries that Linda had helped clean and dress. Tom and the others had stopped him from using fire or knives, as he did not remember to handle things safely. Mainly he worked in the gardens or with the sheep. It seemed that the other infected had worked out how to manage him to protect him, though he still suffered some accidents. We would need to be careful taking children and tools there. We could not expect the infected to anticipate dangers that would be obvious to us.

It was a relief having everyone in our group back home again. Usually if a group was away I was with them, this was the first time I had been home, waiting for others to return safely. Their journey had been just a short distance away to an area that we believed to be very safe. Now I sympathised much more with Karen, Eliza and the others when they had waited for us to return from Silverwood, Beechamel and Callanup.

* *** *

Late afternoon, I had finished the chores outside early as it was getting darker earlier in the evening now that we were almost at the end of May. Maddy was still outside with Michael, the others were getting the fire ready and preparing dinner. I had showered and was wandering among the paintings in the gallery near the tower. Beautiful oils and watercolours. Some were scenes of another time.

Others depicted farming scenes that could have been our life now. There were paintings of birds, flowers and natural landscapes, some modern, others a couple of hundred years old. Some of the sculptures looked even older. It was a wonderful collection.

Linda left her room holding Peter in a wrap. He was enjoying looking around and reaching for things. I smiled and waved at him, eliciting a sweet little drooling grin. She saw I was in the gallery and came and showed Peter some birds and flowers. He was more interested in me being there and greeted me with gurgles.

I was about to walk downstairs with Linda when Karen came along the corridor from our bedroom. She was freshly showered with wet hair and wearing a cotton dress.

"Hi Linda, Mark. I thought I heard your voices." She said as she dried her hair with a towel.

"Hi Karen, Linda was teaching her budding artist about paintings."

"Oh which was your favourite Peter?"

She tickled him and he gurgled most expressively while waving his hands around. We all laughed.

Linda wandered down the stairs to see how the others were doing while preparing dinner. We wandered across into the sunroom while Karen dried her hair.

Once there we enjoyed the warmth and watched the sunset. I stood behind Karen lightly holding her.

"You can rub my hair dry if you like?"

I reached down, cupping her pussy through her dress and pressing against her, rubbing in slow circles.

"Like this?" I asked.

I pressed my cock against her ass and let my fingers bend in, rubbing against her clit.

"Not quite what I had in mind, but not bad." She laughed.

"What about this?"

I rubbed my hand in a circular motion over her breasts, catching against her nipples, while continuing to rub her clit. My cock slowly rubbed against her buttocks.

"You are being bad."

Karen pressed back against me, rotating her hips against me. As I squeezed her breast, I pulled her dress up so I could slide my fingers into her panties. She had let her hair grow again but it was still short. I pressed my finger into her slit, teasing her clit. I undid my fly, eased her panties down and slid my cock against her.

As she leant forward I saw a shadow to the side, Linda entered but seeing what we were doing was silent, watching as I slid my cock against Karen's pussy. She was wet and I entered easily. She pressed back against me, pushing me inside, then let me slide out. She held onto the back of a chair and enclosed me in her slippery warm pussy again.

Linda coughed, "Sorry, I was just seeing if you were coming down for dinner."

She gazed at us as Karen pulled forward and turned to her. My cock slipped and sprang up.

"It will be ready in 15 minutes if you can be finished by then."

Karen blushed and defended herself, "We'll be quick, he was bad when I was drying my hair."

"Yeah, I can see why he was distracting."

Karen gently held the head of my cock and pushed back against me. She was gushing now, her lips and legs all wet now as she pushed back against me and I automatically thrust forward. Faster now, not caring that Linda watched. Having an audience just made me harder. I put my hands up the front of Karen's dress, sliding from her hips up her stomach to her breasts. Her dress rose, her breasts exposed, firm and filling my hands. We rutted hard and fast.

"Don't want to be late for dinner." Karen gasped.

"Fuck no!" I agreed, ramming into her as far as I could.

I squeezed her breasts and held her tightly against my chest, using her as leverage to push my hips against her. It felt amazing. All I could sense was my heart thumping, Karen's soft breasts in my hands and slippery heat pressing against my cock as pleasure washed through me. As her stomach and vaginal muscles spasmed, gripping my cock, I thrust hard into her, spurting relief and pleasure. We caught our breath as Linda left.

"I will tell the others you will be a few minutes, I think you both need to shower again." Linda laughed as she walked away down the stairs.

* *** *

Another job to make our future more secure. During May we had fenced off six hectares of the best soil on Maddy's farm with rabbit proof mesh and at the end of May we had sown peas, lupins and wheat. By mid-June weeds were apparent with their characteristic broad flat leaves. The weeds were still tiny, but very abundant. Controlling them manually between the rows was taking a lot of attention. However we wanted to grow the legumes to ensure the soil fertility and health of the livestock. We needed the wheat for a source of grain and would then rotate the crops next year. If we were going to have major issues it was best to work on solving them before we really needed to rely on the crops.

Reliable bread and flour could make a big difference for food security as our community grew in the future. Annelise had the experience of working on organic farms, which was crucial now that we only had limited access to fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides. However she had practical knowledge, but only limited theoretical knowledge if problems occurred. She was feeling the pressure and was anxious about that. I suggested we set up a similar area at the lake farm next year, spreading out our farming areas a little, trying different practical ideas and keeping good records of what worked and did not work. That was the best we could do.

We needed a reliable supply of food with Linda's baby and Eliza's baby soon to come. And yet as we made our food supply more reliable that made us more of a target as other food resources dwindled.

CHAPTER 13. WINTER SOLSTICE AND A VISITOR

Tuesday 20th June

Tom had called and asked if Linda could come and help Ellen's baby. Linda, Michael and Annelise left in the morning to drive down to assist and returned early in the afternoon. A surprise awaited me when I entered the dining room to see them on their return, Ellen and her baby. Or rather Ellen with Annelise holding her baby.

Linda took us aside and explained. Ellen was very forgetful about the baby and Tom's group were having difficulty looking after the two of them. Yesterday the baby had been lost for at least an hour when Ellen left her outside and got distracted. She could not remember where she put her. The baby was unwell and she was regularly being neglected. Ellen quickly lost interest in her, especially when there were things to distract her.

Ellen would need watching during the day but at night she could stay in one of the other tower bedrooms that could be secured at night. Linda would look after the baby with Peter in her room.

I expected Ellen to react to being without Tom and the others but she didn't mention them or look at all concerned. Also I noticed she also did not react later when Linda took her baby upstairs to the bedroom to rest. I watched Ellen sitting next to Annelise and Tiffany as I finished my lemongrass and eucalypt tea. A glance at the clock showed no response about the baby for the twenty minutes since Linda had left. I left, heading outside to the workshop.

Much later smells of roasting meat greeting my nose through a light misting rain as I approached the house. I had rushed feeding the animals as the coldness of the winter evening started to descend. Ellen was helping take things to the table. Linda descended the last of the stairs holding Peter and ... we really had to give Ellen's baby girl a name.

Linda approached Ellen, who had placed potatoes on the table and was returning to Karen. I watched the interaction. Ellen did not take much notice of her baby but came to Linda when she called for her. She also readily took the baby and let her suckle when Linda placed the girl in her hands and gestured. It was a quick dinner and an early night. Everyone was giving extra care to Linda, Eliza and Peter and we were tired from squeezing all of the chores into these short, dull and rainy days.

To take our minds off the chores, the grey skies and regular cold drizzling rain, the following evening we had a winter solstice party. We had joints of a sheep roasting over the fire in the top floor of the tower, mulled wine and a non-alcoholic punch of Maddy's creation. Karen and Annelise's adaptations for desserts and biscuits made for a fun evening.

After dinner we relaxed in the lounge and Michael and Annelise told more about how Tom and his group were getting along. Their gardens and animals seemed to be well looked after and healthy. They had a flock of about fifty sheep as well as twenty cattle and twelve calves. Their pastures, like ours were lush and green, the sheep and cattle were well fed and, although the sheep had been attacked by dogs three times, they now kept them penned near the house at night. Alan generally stayed with the sheep during the day armed with a bag of fist sized rocks and a club. Linda and Annelise looked after Peter and Emma, but Michael helped organise some repairs and modifications to the farm and house for Tom's group. He estimated it would take him about five days over the next six weeks to complete them.

"They seem to cope very well with watering and feeding animals and Michael helped design some improved irrigation to make things easier for them." Maddy explained while relaxing with a half empty bottle of red wine she was sharing with Karen.

"Looking after children is more complicated," Karen commented looking across at Ellen, "but I am sure Lisa's child will be alright. Children survived much worse conditions in the old world."

Linda sat snuggled up next to Michael in a sofa, Peter lazily sucking at her breast. Ellen sat next to her holding Wendy. Maddy had suggested the name and it stuck in spite of Linda's scowl.

Linda said, "That will be good for us if they can. If their children are healthy they can breed with ours and we won't be so genetically restricted."

Eliza whispered to her stomach telling her baby not to listen to her sister and that she would never be inbred or anything but perfect. Her stomach also got a kiss from Annelise.

Linda said, "Well it is something we should think about in the future for our grandchildren's sake."

I replied, "I am happy that we are talking of grandchildren. It seems amazing to be thinking of grandchildren now compared to just thinking of surviving a year ago, but yes you are right Linda."

Linda turned to Michael, "Also talking about children, it would make sense if you had children with the others too. I am happy for you to do so as it is for the best for us all as things are now."

He looked surprised and frowned, "With Tom's group? I don't know they would agree and it would be risky to suggest it. Don't you think?"

He looked around at us, concerned.

Linda smiled and kissed him, "No, not with them, silly, with the other women here."

"Oh." He looked embarrassed as he looked around at the other women.

Tiffany slid closer to him with a big grin on her face. Now he did look worried. He squeezed closer to Linda, holding her tight around the shoulders and stroking her arm.

"You would be okay with that Linda?" He asked surprised.

"If it means having healthier grandchildren, absolutely yes." She kissed him, a long tender kiss.

Tiffany brushed her cheek against Michael's thigh as she held his leg. Michael looked down at her as she covered his knee and thigh with kisses. Eliza sat closer and pressed tightly against my side.

Linda lightly squeezed Michael's cock where it was tenting his shorts.

"Well you don't completely seem against the idea." She said as she held him in her hand as she kissed him on the lips.

"You are welcome to have my baby if you are feeling that way." Maddy responded from across the room. "And I have only had two glasses of wine so I do really mean it!"

"How would we do it?" asked Michael

Maddy chuckled, "You mean you don't know? Guess I could show you."

"No I meant ..."

Poor embarrassed Michael's voice died away as Maddy stood up and unbuttoned her shirt, exposing her bare breasts. She pulled it off, letting it drop to the ground and walked over to Michael.

"Linda can I see him?" Maddy asked.

Her eyes shining as she swayed from side to side, hands on her hips. Her erect pink nipples pointed towards him.

Linda opened Michael's fly and flicked the top of his jocks over his cock, exposing his erect penis. She gently pinched the tip between her fingers and thumb, making him jerk, gasp and become even harder.

"I meant would we arrange a date or something..." His voice quavered.

Maddy stood in front of him, unbuttoning her pants and pulling them down her legs. Michael stared at her naked lean muscled cream body displayed before him.

"We could ... or Tiffany would you like to suck him a little to make him ready for me?"

Tiffany vigorously bent over his lap and took him in her mouth. She did not need to be asked twice. I stroked Eliza's thigh, still pressed against my left leg, as she sat staring. I stroked Karen's thigh on my right side. Karen reached for my semi erect cock, fondling me through my trousers.