Patrick Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Go on baby." Patrick whispered fully understanding her nervousness. "Just look at me."

An hour later the service was over and they were headed to the cemetery. Patrick stood watch over Kevyn and Louise as the minister began the Lord's Prayer. Soon everyone including Patrick was reciting the prayer with him; he held Kevyn's hand in one and Louise's hand in the other as they approached the casket and placed flowers on it.

Patrick felt protective of Louise and he wasn't sure of why except that she looked so lost and afraid. "It will be alright." he assured her when they were standing back in their places.

Kevyn soon found out why so many came to the service, word had gotten out about where the repast was going to be. People were using her mother's funeral as a way to get a night out at a nice restaurant. She was furious as she heard the murmurings about the food served at the hotel restaurant.

"Don't worry about it." Patrick said, "It doesn't matter."

*******

Clay repeated his prayer for forgiveness several times and said the Lord's Prayer in earnest but even so, he hadn't changed his mind about Kevyn and Patrick. He headed to the car planning to go to the repast too. Something warned him that he should go home but he pushed the warning aside.

The dinner was over by nine with the family and Clay being the last to leave. Gene left a good ten minutes before anyone else in the family followed by Juliet and their brother then Louise then Clay with Patrick and Kevyn bringing up the rear. As soon as they were outside, Patrick tensed and shouted "DOWN!" as he grabbed Kevyn and pulled her into his body as he spun around.

The sound of a single gunshot echoed through the silence of the night immediately followed by a cry of deep pain.