Perchance to Dream

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LSanders
LSanders
401 Followers

Jenny chuckled and looked down shyly at the compliment.

"Thanks, Keith," he said as his beer was placed in front of him. He asked Jenny, "Feel like talking about it to a total stranger, uh ..."

"Jenny."

"Jenny?"

"No. It's too long and too sad."

He nodded. "I understand. You know, a lot of progress has been made in the science of stupidity, but, in my opinion, they could name a whole wing after the guy who made you feel like this. I know we just met, but could I buy you dinner?"

"I don't know. I'm really tired."

"Sure." He rose to leave Jenny in peace.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not very good company tonight."

"Please, don't apologize. I understand completely. Let's just say I learned the hard way that women are to be cherished." At those words, Jenny flashed a look of recognition at Jake as he turned to walk away.

"Jake, wait! Maybe dinner with you is just what I need."

His face broke into a huge smile. He helped her on with her coat and they walked out of the bar together. "So, what do you feel like?"

She looked into his kind eyes and answered, "It really doesn't matter."

"Have you tried Shakespeare?"

"No."

"I think you'll like it. It'll be quiet, dark and intimate ... something rare on a Saturday night."

"It sounds perfect."

He offered his hand. She took it, and they started down the sidewalk together. "Now, join your hands, and with your hands your hearts."

Jenny smiled. "Henry VI."

And, hand-in-hand, they disappeared into the scarlet mist.

LSanders
LSanders
401 Followers