All Comments on 'Pornstar Ch. 10'

by SimonBrooke

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
pcsocakepcsocakeover 17 years ago
nice ending :)

you had my comment already, Simon :) would be nice to read another stories about one of the characters in this novel, though i.e. college life or adulthood (oh do Mandy, please!) We readers are so greedy, eh! *grins*

anonymousreaderanonymousreaderover 17 years ago
very realistic

This story was just chock-full of awesomeness. I urge anyone who just happened on this chapter to read the whole thing.

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 17 years agoAuthor
Author's final comment

Yes, it would be nice to write more of this; it was fun writing it. But it's fundamentally candy-floss and I'm trying to write more substantial things, so I have no plans to continue this story.

If anyone else wants to, feel free; the character who - for me - most cries out to have more written about her is Bretta.

CoryleaCoryleaalmost 16 years ago
Fluffy Fun

This story is great fun, of course, but I think what surprised me most about it was how well you write the voice of an American teenager -- not what I'd expect from a middle-aged Scot! Kyle's a lot more considerate and socially conscious than most boys his age would be -- I'm not sure that most 18-year-olds could do the "about this breast stuff" speech -- but the rhythms and pacing of the way Kyle talks sound very realistic. You're impressive even when writing fluff!

I have a few minor quibbles about word choices that you make that an American kid wouldn't make (why is this set in the US, anyway?), but since you've moved on from this story, I doubt you're interested in fixing them. If you are, let me know.

ZebanZebanalmost 11 years ago
Well done.

Great ending to a great story. I think it would be twice as good if you deleted every "like" from the whole thing, though.

lowkeyonelowkeyoneover 8 years ago
WOW

That was awesome, well done, excellent and THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Americans?

simon, I enjoyed your pornstar series, but I have to say I was shocked when I realized about halfway thru that it was set in the U.S. The commitment to virginity sounded so American evangelical that I was surprised to see it in a British story... So, as far as I can tell, Americans don't say brilliant, nor fancy. They might say great, awesome, bitchin (old) but rarely brilliant. Normally fancy is likewise rare. Liked or wanted are more likely. Thanks for the writing.

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeabout 6 years agoAuthor
So why was it set in the US?

OK, so this story grew out of a writing challenge by an American writer of erotica called (I think) Jason Shelbourne - I'm sorry, it's a long time ago and I can't find the original link. It was a two or three paragraph story outline, but a number of the themes in the outline wouldn't fit in a UK setting, so it had to be US.

All you've read of this story is entirely my work - all the characters are mine, 95% of the plot - but I did start with someone else's outline.

IJS0904IJS09044 months ago

I'm so very glad I discovered this wonderfully written story. Your characters are rich, believable, and unique. Thejr interactions with each other were believable and felt real. The element of self discovery during the transition from teen to adult was illustrated brilliantly. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSimonBrooke@SimonBrooke
I'm here because I'm interested in stories, both in reading them and in writing them. Most of my own stories aren't strictly erotica, although they all revolve around the area of sexuality, dominance, violence.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Pornstar Ch. 09 Previous Part
Pornstar Series Info