All Comments on 'Practice Seems to Help'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I loked this

Something of a different spin.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
A Discreet, Muted Cri de Coeur Chronicle

The Top 4 Things moreandmore did RIGHT ( and wrong ) IMHO

1) RIGHT : Explored the tenuous ground between BTB and RAAC . How well or credibly did author suceed ? That's open to interpretation. Katie went from feckless cheater to hapless quarry of narrator where he keeps her at emotional arms length for what seems to be the rest of their lives. Not my preferred lifestyle but I appreciate the author exploring that literary ground.

2) WRONG: The rubble left from impetuous adultery didn't exactly reveal the cuckolded husband as compelling person that reader could have empathy for. He makes demands and Katie is the dynamo who finds a way to cobble " a semblance " of once close relationship the main two-some once had.

3)RIGHT : The thing I liked best about the narrator was his choice to sublimate his pain for sake of stepson. People do hang in there for sake of kid(s) . Been there, done that , bought the accursed t-shirt.

4)WRONG: It's tantamount to purgatory to spend rest of life with significant other you trust and yet don't trust . Stay with Katie because the polyamorous lifestyle made up for lost trust and ease they once had ? The author didn't detail those carnal compensations.

Bottom Line : Some interesting ideas were explored, I credit author for trying. The " comfortably numb " narrator was too wooden a vessel to transpose the full emotional impact of both infidelity and quasi-relationship regeneration. The effort of moreandmore was, however, apparant and appreciated on my part.

I thank the author for sharing.

gmann57gmann57over 6 years ago

that little piece of paper fucks some people up

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

how feminists and cucks wish all marriage and life become.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Liked it.

A bit unusual,

spiced with good humour.

Missing their relationship

outside the sex.

Marriage is more than sex, right?

As a short story, very little was missing.

Therefore top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
two completely fucked up people

and one potentially royally fucked up kid going out on his own for the first time

what could possibly go wrong?

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
WHAT UNKNOWN QUANITY COULD MAKE A MAN

forsake all his personal integrity to engage in weird enjoyments, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Different

I disagree with anon. Just because you don't like the subject or outcome of a story doesn't make it bad writing. The writing is acceptable. All of the predictable LW stories have been written. Kudos to author for taking it in a different direction. There are plenty of weird people out there and not out of line to think two of them would find each other.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 6 years ago
I liked the story

The author didn't use long drawn out prose. It was concise and to the point. Katie got plenty of punishment. She was beat up, she was chastised by the other parents and her son. She was disgraced in her husband's eyes. The resolution was perfect. She was divorced, and made to set up swap dates. Hubby was right, she was a cheater and probably couldn't change. He wisely accepted it but wanted to raise his son. So a compromise was made. Great storytelling.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Light Tragedy

I still feel that the son was badly screwed up by all of this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I just can’t wrap my head around anyone wanting to watch someone else fuck their spouse better , longer , harder etc..

AyreGuardAyreGuardover 6 years ago
Are you sure?

Raw, wild sex is fun for a season. If you stay together long after her son moves out there are feelings and emotions. The man seems okay with Katie getting laid as long as he does, also. However, sex without love will leave you unfulfilled in so many ways. The types of lovers are excuses. Same cock size for fear of stretching, are you serious? I gave four stars as encouragement since you are practicing.

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
I liked it.

If there is to be RAAC, then this is how it should be done.

From me, 5-stars.

Keep it up.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 6 years ago
funny

"You're saying we will never be intimate again?"

"Unless we both end up at the same orgy, that's pretty much it."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Swinging isn't for me. But I can enjoy swinging stories when the "swingers" try to keep inside the lines agreed to. I liked this story largely due to the author's pivotal statements -- "If you were that bored with the sex we had you could have talked to me. Maybe we could have looked into swinging or spouse swapping so you could get your itch scratched. Instead you chose to have all the fun yourself and made a cuckold out of me."

The reconciliation was possible because the balance was restored.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Interesting and different.

Difficult to be have a unique plot in LW; this one I am sure has been done before but not very many times. Story is well-paced and mostly credible.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Never

Saw that coming! Hey know the difference between an orgy and an orgee:- an orgy is when everyone gets fucked:- an orgee is when a guy or a chic is watching everybody get fucked and their flogging themselves shouting Orgee, Orgee, Orgee! Hell I liked the story so yeah Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

FD45FD45about 6 years ago

The best part was the repartee

rjordanrjordanover 5 years ago
Good story

Short, simple and well done. A joy to read.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
a balm

in this case Katie's subservience can only subside the burning and itching; not necessarily heal the wound; instead of seeking closure either with separation or reconciliation the hero allowed her to recapture of the moral highground she had lost of her own wrongdoings; a divorce is just a paper, and so is the certificate of marriage, and the abject disregard for her husband should've sealed her fate in a decisive way; but then nobody wants to destabilize a working and rather gone-stale marriage, cheaters want that stability even more. She decided to put up an act of submissiveness and convinced him. Why would a man who claims to have been shattered would put up with a wife-turned-whore in place of a wife. Again, it is all about herself; she wants him, not because she loves him but because she can't do without a stable family. She wants to keep the sham of a marriage so she can feel safe, which doesn't necessarily include any love or respect for her husband. What about her own guilt and recrimination? If she says she feels bad, it is only to get him to be with him, and he might as well believer if he believes in flying pigs. A good woman, or even a reformed woman, will never put up with sharing. The thing is there's nothing open about marriages or even relationships. If she loved him, she would walk way and not have to put up with foursomes even if she had his blessings. He thinks it is his way of punishing her, showing her place after cheating. The fact is she came out the winner totally, and now she is having all of the cake and eating it too. Entertaining otherwise, but will hurt the sentiments of BTB lovers, for sure.

desertdog43desertdog43about 5 years ago
Lets hope

The son gets far away from these two....

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
Wierd Katie

I don't understand a woman who doesn't appear to enjoy sex and just wants to get it over quickly without interaction. Seems Katie never wanted to give Jeff any pleasure or even have pleasure for herself.

She apparently never in her life made love to/with a partner (vs mechanical sex). Probably even had no interest in learning things she could enjoy (though we don't know about her first marriage).

Is she one of those autistics with no people skills? A sociopath with no morals, no emotion, no empathy nor remorse who unable to have non-transactional relationships?

How could she function, and how could Jeff (or anyone) believe she loved him?

And with no interest in enjoying sex, let alone receiving love, why oh why was she cheating?

I totally fail to understand anything about the character Katie. This story does not come together for me at all.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 5 years ago
Divorce

He should have divorced her rather than share her. Yuck.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Worked out for them.

Whatever floats your boat LW'S tale.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Luckily

Your stories got much better,because this one just didn't cut it for me.

moreandmoremoreandmoreover 4 years agoAuthor
@26thNC

I was very wet behind the ears when this was written. I still make bad decisions, but that's to be expected. Thanks for your support.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. You have long been on of my favorite authors, and will remain so. One of the saving graces of LW.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
OK

You are an excellent writer. This seems too much like a CUCK story for my tastes, I am glad that Katie got her ass kicked... Once a cheater, always a cheater!!!

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
I'm not simply a BTB fan: I liked the solution here

Well written story and, at least for me, nothing wrong in the solution.

Thanks for sharing!

mj

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
OLD JEFF IS NOT REALLY TRUE TO HIS FORTITUDE

even though they are no longer married, other than "Common Law" in the broadest of terms, cheating involves at least 2 persons consensually. Now its readers time to opine. TK U MLJ LV NV

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Not much into such arrangements but see why it could be interesting.

oldtwitoldtwitover 3 years ago

Nice story, just that bit different from the normal here, nice change of ending

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
I agree with "LordSlamdawgg's 12/11/17" comment

Given the submittal date this is one of the author's earlier works.

I was emotionally turned against the story at the point where Rob was so emotionally impacted at school after the fight. A caring father would have realized that his involving Terri in a scrap was cowardly of him and had caused unintended consequences for his son. As that point he should have made attempts to squash the rumors by appearing at games and practice together with his wife.

I disagree with LordSlamdawgg in the fact that this was between BTB and RAAC. Their "solution" was a reconciliation in any sense of the word. They continued to live together under a mutually acceptable social contract, aka marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Interesting....

She has a history of cheating. He prefers not to get remarried. She still love him and wants to keep him around. So, meeting half way and the result is swinging with certain rules in place to keep the status quo. If they both agree with it, why not.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

Lost all sympathy for the MC when Rob was telling him what was happening at school and MC did nothing!

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

A sad tale for the modern world, and trying to convince everyone that they’ve never been happier is probably the saddest part.

Cito22Cito22about 2 years ago

The only story of yours that I am not to fond of. It is only my opinion and I am definitely not of any caliber to be a writer. I appreciate you taking the time to write and post on here so guys like me can read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Gag

I threw up a little in my mouth. This story was disgusting.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
What a victim!

I think it’s so ridiculous that, apparently, a bunch of readers identify with protagonists who become cold, rigid and unyielding when experiencing emotional trauma. I really do get being hurt and wanting to withdraw to “lick yer wounds”, but don’t try and nurse hateful grudges past a decent recovery period.

It helps build an endless cycle of hate and mutual wounding that makes it harder to love again. It’s especially tough on the kids.

Why keep hurting yourself in the memory of the woman who hurt you in the first place? That makes no sense.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
One more thing…

The odd point-of-view that if a woman can possibly enjoy sex with another male human being, it means that under no circumstances could she ever enjoy sex with you again. And this is considered manly!

It looks pretty fucking wimpy to me! It’s fragile. It’s like saying, if someone else gets a hit off the pitcher, I should never step up to bat and give it a shot myself? It’s weak!

Someone fucked my woman? I’ll show her who can really fuck her!

How is it that giving up is what winners do?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This would have scored better in Group Sex. He no longer had a loving wife (or at least he didn't love her); just a good fuckbuddy for swapping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
It's becoming a habit

Nice story, the only negative comment is, you start the story well, improve even more for the middle part, and then seem to lose the will to live before the end.

It's becoming a habit, a REALLY good BTB ending would vastly improve the endings to your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So moral of the story is if you cheat on your husband all is well as you keep the house, the shared expenses, all the sex you can handle with other men, women, and even your husband.

Win win win for her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@Ruttweiler - You seem to be a bit confused. Nobody is saying that she can't enjoy sex with the man she cuckolded. What they are saying is that if it wasn't enough to keep her from straying before, there's no reason to believe that it will keep her from straying again. Why set yourself up for more heartbreak? One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results. Thus, he would be insane to think that she would suddenly be satisfied with him and not cheat again.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Cuckolds have their ways to feel manly and virtuous.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This premise always baffles me. If this couple can slip so effortlessly into the swinging scene why all the over the top dramatics about her cheating in the first place? Yes, I get that it was her lies and deceit that bothered him the most but if her having it off with other men is something that he enjoys they surely could have come to this arrangement much earlier and without the need for all the histrionics.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He's OK with them both swinging and sharing when it's done as a couple and with openness and transparency. What he's not ok with is cheating lying and betraying trust. If their bag is getting some strange together with rules then good for them as it appears to work for now. I can see the logic of his position and the story works on that premise. BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
2306 Followers
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...