Praying for Rain

Story Info
Cabin by the lake with a chance of skinny dipping.
9.8k words
4.76
72.6k
50

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/14/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have never been an overly spontaneous person, but here I was on a spur of the moment vacation at an east coast beach I had never visited. My parents owned a house in the area that they periodically rented to vacationers, but I had never used it as I lived and worked on the western side of the country. As a co-owner of a successful media company in Phoenix, I hadn't had the time or the urge to take a real vacation. But as my 36th birthday approached and then passed, I grew increasingly restless. I was fortunate that when I decided to make the trip, it happened to be a week before the start of the traditional summer rush in the area. It was very nearly a ghost town, for which I was actually thankful. The weather was one reason for the lack of vacationers, as there were often frequent storms leading up to summer. Little did I know that I would soon be hoping for just such a storm.

On Thursday, after several days of laying around on the beach and touring the local seafood restaurants, I decided to drop in to the local Hooters for some wings. At 2:30, I was pretty late for lunch and the place was completely deserted. Most of the waitresses were gathered around the bar chattering like hens while one hovered near the door and another was idly wiping down tables.

"Well hello there Mr. tall, dark, and handsome," said the girl at the door as I entered. As she did so, all the waitresses in the place turned to look at me. At six inches past six feet, I towered over all of them and every pair of eyes in the place looked me all the way up and down. Well, every pair except one I noted from the corner of my eye. The gathering at the bar quickly broke up and they all moved toward me. "My name is Amber. You have the entire place to yourself, so feel free to sit where you want and you can even pick your waitress," she said enthusiastically.

"A little slow I take it?"

"We'll get a few customers tonight, but few of the locals come here and the tourist season doesn't start until this weekend. So, who will it be," she asked and gestured toward the assembled waitresses. I noticed that the one cleaning tables had not joined the crowd and had instead continued her cleaning without even glancing my way. I stole a few glances her way with practiced ease and watched how she moved.

"Very well," I said as I let my eyes wander back over the assembled group and put on my best smile. They were all of the expected type for the establishment, which is to say variations on the typical busty and curvy shape. I hesitated a mere few seconds, and then pointed off to my right toward the waitress cleaning tables and said, "Her."

As the group in front of my turned as one to look at her, she looked up in surprise and said, "What? Me?"

"No one picks her," said one of the gathered waitresses with a snicker.

"He's one of the 'those types'," said the one next to her and smiled knowingly.

"What do you mean," replied the first as the group turned back toward the bar and I stopped listening.

I turned and sought out a table as far from the bar as possible and managed to find one in a somewhat dark corner that was out of sight.

"Hi, I'm Kelly," said the waitress after she followed me to the table. She plopped a menu down in front of me and pulled out a pad prepared to take my order. She glanced toward the corner and then whispered, "why me, by the way?"

"Well, it's true, you don't seem to fit the Hooters profile," I said with a smirk. Kelly was obviously the youngest girl in the restaurant, and while she was curvy, it was due to a sleek, athletic body, very unlike her co-workers. Her boobs were perhaps a small B cup at best. Blonde hair, green eyes and a smile that tended toward a smirk. I had glimpsed her fantastic ass earlier as she bent over one of the tables she was cleaning and I looked at it rather pointedly now. Her face turned red as I looked her over, but I couldn't tell if it was from anger or embarrassment. "But you are more my type," I said as I moved my eyes back to her face.

"So... your type is... what, exactly? Barely Legal? Small Boobs?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of athletic, hard-working, and great eyes."

She blushed further, but also smiled. "Hard-working," she queried.

"You were the only one doing anything when I came in."

"And athletic?"

"Well, you aren't a swimmer. They tend to be clumsier on land. Not a gymnast either, not with that... asset," I said as my eyes drifted south again. "Young, 18... 19 maybe... so perhaps a cheerleader, but you move with more grace than that, so also perhaps a dancer."

Kelly smiled broadly. "You have a good eye, when it's not on my... asset," she teased.

"Sorry," I said with a sigh as I moved my eyes back up to her face again. "It's... distracting."

"Well, you are right on both counts, cheerleading and dancing, but dancing is my real love. No more cheerleading anyway, now that school is over."

"Not planning to cheer at college then?"

"Not sure yet," Kelly answered with a thoughtful look. "It will depend on what school I choose and whether they have any sort of dance program."

"Not majoring in the arts then?"

"Oh, I love dancing, but I'm not that good, not enough to do anything serious with it career-wise. Business management, perhaps with a Masters eventually, and if I can keep up the dancing, maybe a studio of my own one day."

"A gal with a plan. A bit surprising for someone so young. Definitely rules out ditzy blonde then," I said smiling.

"Hey," Kelly exclaimed and swatted me on the shoulder with her order pad. "Anyway, I have plenty of time to change my mind or screw it up I guess."

"Well, the first is a woman's prerogative, but I seriously doubt you will screw it up. You seem to have your head on straight, despite your current work situation."

"Thanks, I guess. I'd gladly be elsewhere for the summer, but the tips are just too good here during the tourist season. Just need to make up my mind on a school and get on with the rest of my life as they say."

"What are your choices," I asked as I perused the menu.

"My top three are William and Mary, my Dad's alma mater, Georgia Tech, where my mother went, and ASU, which reflects my desire to get as far from home as possible," she said with a sigh.

"ASU is a good school," I said evenly, "though technically I think U of A has a better dance program." Kelley looked at me quizzically after my remark but said nothing, so I continued. "My company is based in Chandler, and we have an office in Tucson. I am familiar with both areas, both schools, and have caught the occasional event at both schools."

"Well, maybe you can provide me with some useful information to help me escape my parental clutches," she said with a villainous smile. "But let me get your order started first."

I rattled off an order of wings and chose a beer at random and off she went toward the kitchen and bar. She was back within a couple of minutes and said the order probably wouldn't take long, given that I was the only customer in the place, but the food would definitely be freshly prepared.

"Why did you choose to vacation here this week anyway," she asked curiously and sat down opposite me in the booth.

"I don't like crowds much, but the scheduling was purely happenstance. My parents have a beach condo here that they rent or lend out, and I'd never seen it, so here I am. I'll probably leave as all the tourists descend on the area. How about you, big plans for the holiday weekend coming up or will it be all hands on deck come Saturday?"

"Oh, it'll be crowded this weekend, no doubt. But I managed to block off the whole three-day weekend for a trip. I'll return to the madness on Tuesday. It will be a constant rush right up until Labor Day, but I'll probably be gone before that."

"I suspect a graduation celebration trip of some sort?"

"Ah, yeah... sort of... I think I will cancel the trip and spend the weekend at home now," she said sadly.

"Uh oh, sounds serious. I didn't mean to kill the playful mood," I said with a smile.

"Oh, all of that blame lies with my boyfriend... ex-boyfriend I should say."

"Young love, so brief, so chaotic, and so fraught with perils," I said trying to be playful again.

"Hardly that dramatic. He was touring schools and hooked up with someone at FSU, and strangely enough, plans to go there now. He tried to hide it, but Facebook and Instagram reveals all. So our planned romantic weekend at my family's lake house is now a bust, along with the relationship."

"You should still go," I said firmly. "Celebrate, move on, I'm sure you'll soon have the attention of more men than you want to deal with," I said with a mischievous smile.

"Indeed," she replied laughing, "it seems you are the first of those many."

"Ah, appreciative glances and flirty banter aside, I'm almost old enough to be your father. I suspect you would be more interested in a younger audience."

"So I'm *not* your type after all then," she said in mock offense. I shifted in my seat while she gazed hard at me trying to make me feel uncomfortable. "That's disappointing, with you being so dapper and handsome in your baggy beach clothes," she teased. "No," she questioned again when I had no forthcoming answer.

Instead I looked back and let a bit of the hunger within leak into my eyes as I said, "I stand by that earlier statement from a purely... physical sense." As I held her eyes in my gaze she eventually blushed and looked away. "Besides, interest is a two-way street. You be sure to let me know if you have a thing for older men."

"Right. I better, um, go check on your order," she said nervously. I noticed two other waitresses poke their heads around the corner while Kelly was gone. They were apparently curious at our low conversation and frustrated in their attempts to eavesdrop.

She returned a few minutes later with wings and a second beer. While I ate, she grilled me about ASU and life in general in Arizona. Her questions were intelligent and well thought out. She obviously wanted to take the opportunity to learn as much as she could about her favored school choice. Her questions finally wound down as I finished off my wings and she promptly swooped up the plate and headed off toward the kitchen once again. She returned with a third beer and a check in hand.

"Another one," I asked with a smile. "Are you trying to get me drunk and take advantage of me," I finished as I let my smile change to a smirk.

"The best defense is a good offense," she replied quickly with a wink.

"Well played," I said with a laugh. "But I would never pursue the uninterested."

"No, but I suspect you can be very persuasive with the... reluctant."

"Is that what you are? Interested but unsure," I asked with a hint of concern.

Kelly sighed heavily and sat down in the booth across from me again. She stared at her hands on the table while her fingers twisted and turned around each other. "I guess I'm not dealing well with being lied to and cheated on."

"You are too young and far too beautiful to be hung up on this one guy, even if he was the first."

"So now I'm beautiful," she asked with a sad smile.

"Yes," I said simply. "When you get to college and have a wider range of men around, you'll get far more frequent reminders. I am surprised you don't already, working here."

"Swats on the ass are not pleasant reminders, but maybe you are right," Kelly said with a huff. "Maybe I should go to the lake and celebrate on my own." She stood, turned away from me slightly, and looked over her shoulder at me, and I promptly obliged her by ogling her ass. This brought a smile, but there was still a hint of sadness in her eyes. "It's not like you think though. The lake is secluded, very few people around, and not at all a party destination. It might lead more to melancholic introspection than happy celebration."

"Melancholic. I'm impressed," I teased.

"Hey," she exclaimed and threw her table towel at me. "Regardless, you're right. I can work on my tan in peace, and I'm not going to look like this forever, so I might as well enjoy it while I can, right," she said smiling.

"Hmmm," I replied softly.

"Hmmm," she asked confused.

"Debating whether to go with the lecherous old man comment or just the encouraging smile and nod."

"Fortune favors the bold, let's have the lecherous comment," she said with a laugh as she sat down again.

I let my face turn serious and looked her square in the eyes. "I'd like to enjoy that while I can too," I said quietly.

She immediately blushed and looked down.

"Sorry, I don't mean to embarrass you," I started.

"No, no... that's not it. I believe you. That look in your eyes. No one has ever looked at me like that, not even my ex. It was more than desire; it was like... hunger."

"You *are* my type, more so than I thought at first," I said seriously and meaning it.

She sat and stared at the table for a full minute before speaking without raising her head. "Part of me internally is screaming at me to run away from you now while I can," she whispered. "But the other part wants to see that look again. You promise this isn't some attempt to get me alone and take advantage..."

"No," I interrupted her angrily. "Make no mistake, I want you, in every lustful way you can imagine and a few that you can't. But I want you sober and not just willing, but demanding." I could see her blush again at my pronouncement and her hands trembled.

"And now I can hear that hunger in your voice. You're very good at this persuasion thing," she whispered. Finally, she took a deep breath, looked up, and smiled nervously. "Very well, come to the lake with me and help me celebrate and keep my melancholy at bay. Hopefully it will rain one night while we are there... nighttime skinny dipping in the rain is... a unique experience," she finished with an evil smile. I pulled out my phone and started dialing. "Who are you calling," she asked.

"The office, to extend my vacation for a few days," I replied. I fished out my credit card and sent her off to close out my bill while I dealt with a barrage of complaints from my secretary. I was still on the phone when Kelly returned. I forced my way off the phone and signed the receipt for my food. Kelly took the other copy and jotted down an address and a time.

"Pick me up then and there. The lake is only a couple of hours away, but I won't be off work until late tomorrow night. You'll have to get by for more than a day without me. Will you be able to manage," she asked with a smirk?

"I'll manage," I said evenly.

"How will you pass the time?"

I turned and looked at her seriously again. "By resting up and praying for rain," I said as I looked up from her note. Her blush was smaller this time and accompanied by a wide smile. "That's a bit late, what about your parents," I asked.

"Out of town on their own vacation," she said nervously. "I'm trusting you a lot here, just so you know."

"Text a friend and tell them where you will be," I said as I fished one of my cards out of my pocket. "Here's my name, company name, and cell number on the back. Google me a bit tonight and hopefully that will allay your fears that I might be some sort of criminal. If there's anything else I can do before tomorrow night, don't hesitate to text or call."

Kelly picked up the receipt I had signed and finally noticed the tip as I stood up.

"I... I can't accept this... that's too much. You don't have to impress me; you've already done that."

"You can and most certainly will," I said firmly. You've earned that by being excellent at your job, friendly above and beyond the call of duty, and yes, an absolute pleasure to look at. Which is kind of half the point of this place, isn't it? I would have left that whether you pursued anything or not."

"This is more than I earn in tips in one night... a good night at that. The other girls are going to go nuts and will want to know what I did to earn this."

"Then take the opportunity to torture them appropriately and encourage them to imagine whatever you want. I consider it an investment in your future, a scholarship if you will. Hopefully to be used to continue whatever amount of dancing you decide to take up. I'll see you tomorrow night," I said with a wink as I headed around the corner toward the exit.

The intervening time passed quickly for me. I pursued a small plan and did some shopping to prepare for the weekend. Near the appointed time I packed a couple of bags and headed inland toward the address Kelly had given me. I pulled up alongside the house, got out and walked around the car toward the small porch. The door to the house opened before I could approach and she stumbled out nervously with a somewhat large bag in tow. She nearly fell into me, but I caught her quickly and she looked up, seeming to notice my height for the first time.

"You certainly are a big, strong man Mr. Bell," she said as she dropped her bag at her side. I frowned down at her and held her eyes until she withered.

"Are you trying to remind me how old I am," I asked.

"No... I... sorry... I'm very nervous," she said with her eyes on the ground.

I put a finger under her chin and pulled her face up to look at me. "Darren, my name is Darren."

"Right... yes... sorry, Darren," she laughed.

"Better," I said with a smile.

Kelly bent sideways at the waist to look around me toward my car. "Is that... oh my gosh... a convertible," she squealed as she sped past me to look at the car. I scooped up her bag and moved to the trunk while she examined the car. "Holy shit, this is an Aston Martin," she exclaimed. "Have a James Bond thing going on, do you?"

I simply smiled as I tucked her bag into the trunk.

"Now you're just showing off. But it's a beautiful car," she said.

I came up beside her on the passenger side of the car and reached for the door handle. "All beautiful things should be topless," I smirked as she sat.

"You first," she laughed back as I closed the door. I moved around to the driver side and before getting in, I made a show of slowly removing my shirt and tossing it behind the seat.

"Um... wow," Kelly said as she looked over my chest and abs.

"I've done some dancing myself, and I have a regular gym habit," I said evenly.

I started the car and pulled away from her house. I had her enter our destination in the navigation system and we were soon out of the residential area. A few miles faded away in silence before she finally looked at me sideways and spoke.

"Um... do you... I mean... did you want," she said haltingly.

"Only if you're beautiful," I interrupted her.

She looked down at her feet in a fashion I was now familiar with. "My boobs are too small. Even my boyfriend said so. Me being topless wouldn't be much of a show."

"So your boyfriend is an idiot, which we've already established, and *you* don't think you're beautiful," I said.

"No one has ever said I was 'beautiful' except my dad," she said still looking down.

"Have I been forgotten so soon," I chided.

"Sorry, you are the first besides my father," she muttered.

"Do you seriously believe beauty is concentrated in your cup size?"

"Um... no... I guess... you're confusing me."

"And you're killing what started out as playful and flirtatious banter."

"I... yeah... I'm told I'm good at that."

"I can see I have my work cut out for me."

"What? I think you lost me."

"No, your ex-boyfriend lost you, and I've only got three days to find you and convince you that you're beautiful. And here I thought your generation was supposed to be self-absorbed," I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Maybe I'm an anachronistic throwback to the olden days. You know, back when you were my age."

I turned and smiled widely at her. "There she is," I said happily, "welcome back. Keep throwing around the big words and maybe you'll be able to keep up."