All Comments on 'Preludes Ch. 03: Self-Medicating'

by TheRachelChronicles

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
HOT!

My favorite in the new series so far. Looking forward to reading the next one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Tame

Really good writing, but the new series was supposed to be darker right? Same set up, same guys, nothing new or exciting. Was hoping somebody might walk in on her and Austin. Tame.

TheRachelChroniclesTheRachelChroniclesabout 8 years agoAuthor
I appreciate the comment!

Let me address it in two ways:

1. I hope I didn't oversell the "darker" theme of this series with that opening note, and looking back on it, perhaps I did. I don't want to waste your (or anyone's) time on reading something lengthy that you might not be into. The darkness I alluded to was more of an emotional nature and it will come up in different chapters (the Shane story for instance). But overall, this series is about the same person you got to know in Prom. So it is never going to stray too far outside of those lines (at least for now...).

2. There is obviously a wide spectrum of what we all might consider sexy or exciting or captivating in terms of story theme and development. The theme that I try to go for with Rachel is one of situations being just realistic enough that you could imagine them happening. Seeing that this is all about the adventures of a "normal" high school senior, I try to stay within (moderately) reasonable boundaries for realism. I totally get that this isn't everyone's ideal and I understand that it will lead to repetitive themes, and at times, varying degrees of tameness or even banality. But I think (hope) that there is an allure to reading about something that could very well resemble something that you or someone you know may have gone through at a certain point in your life.

I appreciate very much that you are reading and even more so that you took the time to offer your opinion. I hope that future installments are enjoyable!

~TRC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
One of the best!

This was one of the best chapters so far!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheRachelChronicles@TheRachelChronicles
Thanks to all who read and provide me with the encouragement to continue this strange little endeavor I've stumbled into. I have four series out currently and I'd highly recommend reading them in the following order (which follows their chronological release dates): Prom Pr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES