All Comments on 'Private Dancer'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
And they say " cheaters never prosper "

I've never had a relationship with dancer , but have had friends who have. Let's just say their bodies are tight and taut, facially- no better or worse then any savvy woman with a fully equipped makeup case. They usually party very hard and live in a hypereality bubble that takes a good deal of the copious cash they make to maintain. jezzaz seems to know the territory of the club, it's protocol and the denizens who inhabit it.

Nifty story , flashy but on disposable end of spectrum. Regardless of that,a lot of craftsmanship was shown- dare I say pro qualitiy? Well jezzaz is going to need to get paid on some level , if he's going to do requisite research for more stories like this. Elisabeth Shue got nominated for Academy award as topless dancer in " Leaving Las Vegas". Such a downer movie ...if jezzaz had punched up the script , she might have won.

SkibumSkibumover 7 years ago
Great story

I really wanted to punch the protagonist in the face at the end. He's no different than Janice, and Alby is worse. Very well crafted, but not a lot there to make anybody feel good.

avidfaavidfaover 7 years ago
Wow

Well-written, gripping, original and oh, so unsavory, so very unsavory.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
"Yes, I'm unethical and immoral. So what?" -- Last line

And would deny Alby her pleasure. Oh dear.

I thought this was a nicely crafted Jezzaz story. A nice little quickie. As I wasn't keen on the last Ingrams and gave up half-way through, I was rather happy to see this author back on top of his game.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Long winded 'flash'. 2*

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
The characters...

The characters: One blind married lawyer, one woman doing what's necessary to support herself and her little sister and 3 cheaters of the worst kind! 2 of these cheaters are married to each other, so it's a happy family! The other cheater is a serial cheater that uses her friend's death as an excuse for cheating around. The plot is original and with a lot of twists, but as @Ximand says answering the last question in the story: "No, he doesn't"!! And sooner than later he will pay for all he is doing! 2*

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
That was an interesting switch

Nicely executed, too.

DrPopeDrPopeover 7 years ago
What you did ....

In the first few paragraphs was reinforce every bullshit stereotype about exotic dancers their industry and sex workers in general in a particularly nasty and mysoginistic way while inventing brand new ones.

You might say in your defence you were only writing a character however such vile misinformation and whorephobia should never be diseminated by anyone purporting to write erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Right Up to Date!

Yes, inaccurate stereotypes and demeaning treatment of women are apparently acceptable again in America.

After reading this nonsense I felt as if I'd been covered in the cowshed of "Requital.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting twist!

Good story, well written. And the twist puts it way above average!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Credit where due

Since "words" this writer has never failed to let me down. Pretty remarkable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow, what a twist

Awesome job. I did not see that coming.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Minor po int - she lifts up her skirt and runs her finger up her slit, then LATER takes off her g-string?

Interesting twist at the end! I haven't made up my mind yet how I feel about that!

smmhomesmmhomeover 7 years ago
Of course the husband has to find out - hoping for follow up from husband's perspective.

Oh how I wish FTDS could pick up and find a path forward from the husband's "newly-enlightened" perspective...

Great flash story... great twist at the end.

It really would have worked well without the twist too.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Beautifully written, not vey explicit or erotic. Makes you want to read the entire story to find our what happens and why. Good "change" at the end.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 7 years ago
Well done

This was original and well done. Thanks, I know it is a lot of hard work.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Truly Interesting

This is one pathway through a difficult situation. It is really impossible to say who threw the first stone. One thing that seems clear to me, he really loves Alby enough to try to restore instead of blowing up their relationship.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Entertaining

but got sorta nasty in the last two or three paragraphs. Distasteful people. But it would be a good start to a serial, just saying....Would be fun to know about Alby and what drives her need for extra-curricular activities. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done

Nicely written. Thanks for sharing your work.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
Good one

Nice little flash story

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Twist

Nice little twist on an unusual situation. Loved the strip club locale too. Good stuff.

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
The stripper

Is the only honest person,the narrator and alby are the scummy ones. she probably was the only one who truly loved of all the rest; having an affair with a woman she knew was married was not great,but she did love,I doubt the narrator or alby knew what it was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why is this in Eroticom?

No eroticism in this at all.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very creative. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful twist ... Wow.

I really liked the story, as it reminded me of the years when I spent many nights in the strip clubs. The girls weren't all hardened by the life (most were, I'll admit) and I did meet a couple working for specific goals (earning enough to fly home to Australia, saving money for a boob reduction) but most had become caught up in the lifestyle. You captured the feelings and atmosphere nicely.

I saw no obvious technical errors, though I would perhaps question your use of punctuation in the second to last paragraph: "... no reason he would -, well, someone had to ...". Dash AND Comma? That seems fine when I read it aloud, but looks odd to me.

I disagree with njlauren below that 2 of the characters are guilty and the third innocent. I would say rather that all three are flawed individuals, with Alby and the narrator sneaking around on her husband, and Janice as well seeking to break into or breakup an existing marriage with children. Janice is probably the least guilty, but has also had the least time to sin.

I am always pleased to see a new story under your name, and this was again a pleasure. Thanks to you for creating and sharing it with us.

Chillhaze

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Absolutely disgusting characters

But well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A very interesting twist. Original and intriguing; well done.

But for some reason the story was not enjoyable. I can't get over the implication of all these children in such fucked up dysfunctional families. Anyone who thinks the children don't know and are not affected is simply stupid. So its kind of like watching a food fight among adults, more embarrassing than anything else.

I think I cannot rate this story since I can't appreciate the difference between its quality versus its impact, which is really negative. Just ugly nasty people with dismal depressing lives. One almost hopes that a fatal accident or terminal illness will offer one of these people the opportunity to start over and get it right.

Reading this story is like watching someone very methodically and efficiently kill a brood of baby seals. Congratulations?

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Good twist

A nice twist ending- I enjoyed the concept. I had sympathized with the wife and her husband until we found out they weren't married to each other. So, instead of having some dead girlfriend issues, we find that the woman is just a multiple adulterer. Not too sympathetic now. The guy is a lawyer, so my sympathy for him was already absent. Still, a fun concept. Ignore the jaded LV anons, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What happened?

You used to be a decent writer.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 7 years ago
Well done

Very well done. Great writing. Excellent twist. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice

Everyone is a piece of shit. Author included. 1/5

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Unethical and Immoral (and happy)

Well, Trump is, so why not you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Re: Unethical and Immoral (and happy)

Well, if you put it that way: so dear Hillary is ethical and moral Clinton? Wow, that's enlightening...

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
Clever but...

First let's preface the whole. This was well written and certainly a five. And now...

I'd say clever in this regard. There are three adulterous people; one corporate lawyer and two wives. Then there is an exotic dancer living on the razor's edge, and last one unknowing loving innocent husband. And alas somewhere trapped in this morass are three completely innocent children, the girls. This made for a clever confrontation between a scheming selfish lawyer and a desperate young woman. This was good, good and depressing, but good.

Now here we go... Jezzaz you've piled up the cord wood and sprinkled it liberally with gasoline. Somewhere out there is an innocent patent lawyer who's wife has complicated her 'normal' life with one deceitful second life and then added a deceitful third life. Has our adulterous wife spread herself one relationship too thinly? What if our innocent patent lawyer gets suspicious? What if he starts to investigate? Where would it lead? To his 'helpful' frat brother turned back stabbing creep? To the desperate 'low life' exotic dancer? To his back stabbing low life frat brother's despicable wife? To his own lying deceitful wife?

So Jezzaz what do YOU do? Do you throw in the match and take all your loyal readers like me into the swamp? Or are you going to play 'Just Plain Bob' and leave us wondering? Clearly the innocent patent lawyer has a name, and his tale, as his life unravels, needs to be told. HOW ABOUT IT?

Jedd Clampett

Man up Jezaz and finish the damn story.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 7 years ago
Brilliant. Clever. Twisted.

Brilliant. Clever. Great twist ending. Five out of five. Totally not what I expected. I enjoy a good surprise.

Jezzaz is one of my favourite authors and I was delighted to see a new story by him.

I know this is described as a flash story. But I hope he writes more about these characters again in the future.

And yes the protagonist is deliciously reprehensible. But smart.

Cheers

Steve

Blacksword404Blacksword404over 7 years ago
I Liked it

Hell of a twist. You got the side guy trying to run off another lover.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 7 years ago
A rare thing

This is one of the most original stories posted in this category. For that, you deserve the highest regards.

Thanks for sharing. 5*

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Mmm

Original yes. Frankly, I found most of the originality in the way the protag dealt with the problem in the first place. Moral blackmail. Excuse me: appealing to her better nature.

And making that pitch, to have him turn around and be a arrogant douchenozzle seems quite gratuitous to me. What did it add except to make this person more dislikable (something about him I didn't like from the start...but I don't insist on liking the protagonists at the start of a story. See Jamie Lannister) This guy was no Jamie Lannister.

Instead we decided to turn the dial to hate.

Did the story have craft? Yes. Did I believe it? Yes. Did the plot follow from one point to the next? Sure. Now we are on the 'did I like it' phase.

No, not much. I appreciated the story but that gratuitous flourish at the end, much like in Metamorph and in Out of Love just took a well crafted story and messed it up for no discernable reason.

Though to be fair, finding a great landing for this story would be difficult.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 7 years ago
FD45 has it right

I would add that it makes the wife less sympathetic as well. It's one thing to have a sickness about the long lost love. But that doesn't explain the affair with this guy. She goes from being a sadly broken woman to a cheating slut in records time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo

A very original story. Well written, nicely paced. You also managed to make every character kind of sad and pathetic. You also nailed strip club culture. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Technically well written...

But who cares about any of these disgusting characters? Each one seems more worthless and amoral than the last. I couldn't even stand to finish it; just skimmed the second half.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Breadcrumbs!

Liked the story lots! The logic seemed to join up all the relevant dots and the breadcrumbs were interesting to follow - well done (most probably better than well done,)!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
cheating

One has to wonder why all these worldly wise people fall for cheating sluts which she assuredly is.

ihateraccihateraccover 7 years ago
YOU CAN KILL A THIS KIND OF STRIPPER

THEY ARE NOT REAL PEOPLE, HERE I WOULD BURN THEM BOTH ALIVE...A BI CHEATING WIFE IS A DEAD BI CHEATING WIFE.

HE WAS WIMP.

IMSmutIMSmutover 7 years ago
Oh, that poor husband.

I actually ended up quite liking the stripper. Nice twist.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Twist

LOL, I had forgotten the twist!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yeah, that person is a total POS

It's up to you to figure out who the POS is. There are too many to choose from. The lawyer, the dancer, the cheating wife? How about all of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 my pick for the POS

is annony!!!!

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 7 years ago
Entertaining

and isn't that just what a story should be? 5*

SkibumSkibumover 6 years ago
That was intense

I hate that you had me liking your protagonist when he turned out to be a backstabbing adulterous prick. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lesbian

An interesting story, like the twist at the end.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Skibum

You nailed it. The protagonist seemed to be a rare gem: a reasonable lawyer (I hate lawyers). Calmly trying to correct a mistake and not hurt anyone. And he turns out to be scum (lawyer, see?) Very nice twist. In addition, the description of the strip club made me want to wash my hands and check my shoes for sponge. Great story. 5 stars.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
Did NOT ...

I didn”t see that coming. And very well written. The Legal Beagle actually sounded and acted like a human bean!

5*. no sweat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

Five stars from me for a dramatic little tale. I particularly liked the fact that when you get through, there are not any good guys. Everybody is some degree of evil and duplicitous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not for me 1*

There are enough shitty characters in stories on this site. What is the point in adding three more?.....

DarkDave50DarkDave50over 5 years ago
Song

As a pedantic music geek I have to say the song "I touch myself" was the Divinyls not the Vinyls.

The lead singer Chrissy Amphlett died of breast cancer and the song was used in a breast cancer campaign here in Australia.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
So no

MC doesn't deserve to be happy. Not with Alby. He does deserve heartache, which is exactly what he's going to get with whack job Alby.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Yes

it IS a mildly clever twist but...

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
DirtBag

Dirt bag lawyer...

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice twist at the end

Why do these writers always think the husband is brain dead. This story would have been MUCH more interesting if the husband was watching from somewhere in the club and gave a grimace as he watched them both leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Of Course He Was A Lawyer

Another unusual twist by a top author except for this line - "Yes, I'm unethical and immoral."

Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Do you wonder why.....

Most people despise lawyers?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very good

Never saw that ending coming! Regarding barristers, and to borrow a line from the Eagles:

“When I think about it, old Billy was right; let’s kill all the lawyers, let’s kill ‘em tonight!“

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
The flaw

There's and omission here that a lawyer would never make.

The biggest threat. It's a bluff but it's a good one.

"What happens if you win? If she actually leaves me, I will sue for divorce. In the process I will sue you as well. I will sue for adultery. The relationship with her, You and your career, and your baby sister will all become clear to the judge. how long do you think child protective services will allow you to keep her, once they're brought into this?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
wow

alby is just a complete slut isnt she.

and lawyers are once again portrayed as the vile pieces of human excrement so many of them turn into.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 4 years ago
Don’t know,.. well, I guess I do... why the story gets such a low score..

The telling of it is sublime, and the storyline itself is original and interesting.. Combined together and it’s a 5-star story.

But the subject matter, with the whor... I mean wife, not getting the BTB... and the true villain succeeding is what gets the low numbers. Not fair, but understandable.

5-stars & Favorite.

BeauReadyBeauReadyover 3 years ago
Nonsense!

Just what did the lawyer do that was so evil??

He brought clarity and understanding to a situation that was doomed from the beginning. Yes, he may have benefitted by getting his old cheating whore back (who knows for how much longer?) , but he has saved Cleo from a much worse breakup and pain at a lost relationship among the little girls. And possibly losing custody of her own sister when exposed as unfit by reason of stripping. He has done Cleo a big favor. The crazy teacher is the one who needs to stop hurting others and get counselling!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great change up!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Private Dancer

Great story especially with the twist at the end. He's actually fighting to keep his love and get her away from the stripper. Wow, really enjoyed it. Good work.

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

Maybe the most cynical story I’ve ever read on Lit. Cheaters can be shameless sociopaths. Four stars.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

good story, a bit different, thanks to the author and the editor

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a pathetically sad state of marriage in which the cheated spouse has to use their children as a pawn to keep the cheating spouse from leaving them for her lover. Another tale with a wimpy husband so it has to be a "realistic story".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well that was some nasty shit. With the exception of the kids there wasn't a decent person in the lot. Burn them all down and nobody cares.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hell of a twist. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He's crazy. Time of get the cops involved or just have him beaten really badly.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 2 years ago

Quoting the Anon who wrote the comment, "What a pathetically sad state of marriage in which the cheated spouse has to use their children as a pawn to keep the cheating spouse from leaving them for her lover. Another tale with a wimpy husband so it has to be a "realistic story"."

Anonymous commenters are so funny sometimes; they skip massive parts of the story and then moan about details that they missed. Stating that it was about a cheated-upon spouse using his kids as pawns, is just too funny.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Fucked up story about fucked up people. Not a decent person amongst the lot.

1/5

fregenfregenover 2 years ago

Well, there's one I didn't see coming.

Thanks for sharing.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

Another great story from a wonderful author 5*

Rameriz4Rameriz4over 2 years ago

Wargamer said pretty much everything that needed to be said:

"Fucked up story about fucked up people. Not a decent person amongst the lot."

The only innocents are the children. The clueless husband cannot be much of a husband if he pays so little attention to his wife that she has cheated for years without him figuring it out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The guy is totally sick.

Not one of your better works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Yes, I'm unethical and immoral" he's a lawyer, that's redundant.

gort69gort69about 2 years ago

Geez...all the folks who didn't like the twist must not have had anything to stroke to.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Well written story… but so fucked up! Thanks I enjoyed this read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Alby is just about the lowest form of human there is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Quite a twisted tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Alby is one fucked human being.

Someone needs to clue her husband in.

Would makea very good sequel.

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

The sweetest irony would be if Alby's husband was screwing around with the lolyers wife or in fact ended up in bed with Janice or both... perhaps he's built like a modern SUV trying to park in a 1980s parking lot. Maybe Mr lolyer is a more 'compact' model that can fit better in her parking space.

Lovely twist that I didn't see coming thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

omg. what a selfish a@#h0le. i really didn't see that one till it was revealed

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Skip the political jibes next time.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

What a twist at the end, masterpiece

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

Soy un inmoral si confieso que termine leyendo muerto de la risa, por ese giro final?

MarkT63MarkT63about 1 year ago

Great turn around!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story. Well done with a delightful twist at the end! But please drop the politics. You just piss off half your readers.

RocketMan12RocketMan1210 months ago

You’re a good writer. Too bad you need to need to sprinkle in you woke bias. Stay out of politics it alienates people. The last time I noticed it you it part of the MC views. Now you have proven that is you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.

SIMILAR Stories