Protocol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why not?"

"Long story."

"I have time and am a good listener."

"I don't like to talk about it much...but talking to strangers is easier sometimes."

"Mike, I don't judge people easily. A person's actions and the motivations behind them influences me greatly. Tell me your story."

"OK, long story short, I was in the special forces and seen too much killing over in the desert. I was forced to do terrible things and it got to me. The army can train you to kill, but they can't train you to live with it. To many of my friends couldn't take it any longer and put a bullet in their head. I didn't want that for me so I come up here to get away from it all and enjoy the peace and quiet. I've been up her for years now and I got myself in a good place again. I think I might be ready to get back among people once more."

"I'm glad. I'm glad your feeling better and I'm especially glad you were still here. I'm afraid those guys who took me are still looking for me though. I don't want them to catch me here. They'll kill me for sure, but I don't want you hurt. Maybe it's best I get out of here." I started to get up but my head still hurt too much.

"Don't worry about me. Remember...special forces. I can take care of myself, and you. You need to rest before you can move. Take a nap and I'll get you to town when you wake up."

"Your a good man Mike. I can see it in your eyes. OK, I'll sleep but only for a short while. There will be people looking for me and I don't want my family to worry."

"Family huh?"

"Yeah, Mike...family. Wife...Julie and two girls...Bethany and Carla. They're a pain in my ass but I would be totally lost without them. They literally are my life. Everything else I have is just a perk."

"What else do you have?"

"Computer company worth millions in government contracts. I think that's why I was kidnapped. The guys who took me said they were waiting for someone to show who wanted to talk business." A sudden surge of pain hit me, "Crap my head hurts."

"OK, enough talk, take your nap."

"Alright mother, goodnight." It only took minutes and I was out again. I had no idea how long I was out, but a couple loud noises woke me up. I couldn't see Mike anywhere inside the cabin so he must be outside. Now I was getting scared. Looking in the rife case I notice one missing. Something bad is wrong. Grabbing the 30-30 still in the case, I chambered a round and slowly opened the door a crack. Looking outside I spied a familiar dark colored SUV. "Shit they found me."

"Where's Mike?" He must have confronted those bastards. I knew I should've left earlier when I thought about it. Now Mike could be hurt. The loud noises could've been gun shots. I opened the door a little further listening, hoping Mike was OK. Stepping outside I thought I heard talking over around the backside of the cabin.

Walking as lightly as I could I moved to the corner of the cabin trying to understand what was being said. Peaking around I seen the one kidnapper who offered me water standing over a prone Mike on the ground. In the distance I seen the other two on the ground. Did Mike kill them? If so, why is he still alive?

The bad guy was asking Mike questions about me. From what I could hear they took the chance I was here and didn't take too kindly to Mike's not answering any questions and when one of them tried to force him to talk by pointing a gun on him, Mike's instincts kicked in and he dropped two of them. The last guy hit Mike over the head and was getting ready to off him, but he still wanted his questions about me answered.

Walking around the corner I raised the rifle and aimed at the bastard. I wasn't going to let him hurt Mike. "Looking for me?" Needless to say he was startled to see me there pointing a rife at him and he was stupid enough to raise his pistol in my direction.

I fired hitting him in his shoulder. I didn't want to kill him; I still needed information about the individuals that hired him to kidnap me.

Rushing over to Mike I crouched down asking him if he was alright. Mike confirmed he was alright except for a headache from where he was hit, but otherwise OK. I helped Mike to his feet having him lean against me until he got his bearings. Saying he was OK we paid attention to the guy lying on the ground.

"You got a choice, tell me who hired you and we'll let you live or I'll kill you here and now. Your choice," as I put the muzzle of the rife against his head. Oh yeah he talked. He spilled his guts about who hired him. Since he was never paid, he had no reason to keep his word. Guess a certain group of domestics with connections to foreign corporations wanted me to play ball about the computer equipment I sell to the government.

OK, I didn't kill him, but Mike offered his own payback in the form of a little fine tuning to his lower extremities. Oh, and he would have a bad shoulder for the rest of his life courtesy of me. So we both got payback. I heard tell the doctors fixed his knees almost as good as new and years later he's walking without a cane.

We made a phone call and the FBI came a running. Both Mike and I spent a few days in a secured hospital recuperating from our injuries while being debriefed by the feds because of the sensitivity of the computers I sell and the foreign corporations who wanted them. They kept us in the same room and we got to know each other better. We ended up thanking each other for saving each of our lives. By the end of it I considered Mike a friend. He was going to let himself be killed just to protect me. The man definitely has character. Since I saved his life he was compelled to believe he was in my debt when the opposite was actually true; I was in his debt.

We compromised and promised each other we would always be there for each other if needed. I did get him to accept a job as a security specialist that would work in the background of my company. More accurately he is my family's body guard. His responsibility was to hire people to protect my family and work silently until certain protocols are activated. I made sure his people were well paid and until now they need not be activated.

The kidnapping was kept from my wife with a simple story of classified negotiations and me being a total ass for not calling her. I knew the truth would come out sooner or later so I'm prepared to take whatever verbal abuse she gives when she comes back.

Now I had to talk to Monster. Since I knew what Julie had done, the damage had to be minimized. I walked in his office and closed the door. He looked up at me and seen the state I was in, "Boss?"

Sitting down across from him I let out a hard sigh, "Harold," he looked very worried because I never call him by his given name. "I need your help. What I'm going to tell you stays with you until I say different, OK." I wasn't worried about Harold, I knew he would never break a confidence.

"There has been an unauthorized release of our classified financial records to an organized crime family in Peoria, Illinois. That Hal Johnson asshole was blackmailing my wife and it was her that release the records. By now I expect the information is for sale so it may be traceable. I need you to start doing your magic and either get the information back or destroy it from being used against the company and the federal government. We only have 24 - 48 hours to get it done before I have to get the feds involved and you know they'll just jack everything up when they get here."

"Boss, are you sure Julie released the records?"

"Yeah, I'm afraid so. I confronted her with it and she admitted everything."

"How did you find out about the release?"

"I have certain, shall we say, protocols established to protect this company, the people in it and my family. If certain things happen I have a covert group of people who helps keep everything safe. I don't want to say anymore about it. Now do you think you can do what I need done?"

"I think so, I may need to bring Suzy in on this, if that's OK?"

"You can bring her in, but tell her only what you have to. How are things with Suzy?"

"You know she's only been her a couple days, but she has skills that will benefit us greatly. You did good on hiring her."

"Glad to here it. Keep me up on things and remember keep things quiet as long as you can. When the feds gets here you can show them what you were able to find and hope we can save ourselves a whole lot of aggravation."

With our conversation over, I walked up the hall to my office. For what I don't know. My family is in hiding so I can keep them safe and my company is on the edge of disaster. If Monster and Suzy can get to the crime family who got the financials, maybe I can salvage everything. But one thing I know for sure, Mr. Hal Johnson is going to regret ever going after my wife.

I was next to useless. I couldn't concentrate on anything but my family so I decided to head home and relax, yeah right. I'm surprised I made it home without wrecking the car because my mind was with Mike and my family.

Making it inside I went straight for a beer. If any time deserved excess drinking,this it. I didn't get drunk but the refrigerator door was opened a few too many times. Sleep was difficult to come by as I was questioning every move I've made since the other day at lunch. Instead of being a proactive participant I have been a reactive victim. Come tomorrow that game will change.

Waking at 6 A.M. I went straight to Monster's office. I knew he wouldn't leave until things were back to normal. Opening his door I stopped to see not only him but Suzy as well. I guess they stopped for a little sleep as they were laying together on the couch in each others arms covered with a blanket. All I could do was smile. I knew it wouldn't take long for them to figure it out. Just like me and...

Clearing my throat to wake them worked on the first try. Go figure. Both were embarrassed when they realized I was standing there and they were in each others arms. Hearing the expected apologies from both I had to tell them they did nothing wrong. It was difficult not to laugh.

"You two been here all night I take it."

"Yes boss, we worked till about 3 A.M. and just needed a few hours sleep. We made some headway and was going to report to you to see how you wanted it handled."

OK you two. Why don't I take you for breakfast and you can tell me what you

have. I also have a plan that should cause some people serious issues before we're done. Come on."

Walking into my favorite diner I had to ask if it was OK for me to come in after the disturbance when I punched dickhead in the face yesterday. I was hoping I was still allowed because I really like their food. Mary who owns the place and who is always there for breakfast just smiled and told be to shut my ass, sit down and spend my money. Did I tell you I like this place?

During the meal, Monster and Suzy told me they confirmed my information from my covert surveillance and everything has been quiet for a couple weeks. Since Hal Johnson come into town, there were feelers put out that a certain computer company's financial may be for sale if the price could be met and the idiots are using the same cafe yet to boot."

"Alright, get the information you have ready for me. I'll expect full details for the feds so don't get sloppy on me." Smiling, "I don't want my two resident computer geeks embarrassing me. After that get all employees to quit what their doing and wait for me in the conference room. I have to talk to the shop."

"Sure boss."

They left me to enjoy my coffee waiting to see what would happen next. Just when I thought it was safe to go back to the diner, HE shows up. Man I should play the lottery. I got to be one lucky stiff to get this kind of shit thrown at me.

"You are the last person I expected to show up here, Hal. You don't mind me calling you by your first name do you? I feel we're almost like friends, ya know. I own a company you want to destroy, I have a family you want to take from me, and by the end of the day we'll both have a crime family that will want us dead. Oh by the way, how's the nose?"

Nasally, "Your funny. You damn well know it's broken. What the hell are you talking about 'the family wanting me dead?'"

"In a few minutes everything I have on the family will be given to the FBI and more than likely instead if RICO crimes they'll be looking at Patriot Act offenses; can you say Gitmo? Do you actually think they'll forget about you? Doubtful. I will definitely enjoy looking upon your dead body when all this is over and done."

Giving a swollen disfigured smirk, "They expected the FBI to be monitoring them. Their not stupid you know. You have any idea how many agents are on their payroll? They have everyone who watches them on a daily basis and a few in FBI headquarters. They're covered."

"Maybe, but not by the people I deal with. You have no idea what you did when you talked them into coming after my wife. Just so you know how I play, right now a sniper has his cross hairs directly on your heart. Now don't panic and you'll live past this cup of coffee." I picked up my phone and told them to let him see the dot on his chest.

He looked down to see a little red dot centered on his chest. "Now do you think I'm fucking around? I'm feeling generous today so if you stop what your doing and talk to the FBI agents of my choosing, you can be put in protective custody and have a better than average chance of surviving this."

His face lost all color as he realized a sniper had him tagged, almost to the point of...is that poop I smell? He went running out of the diner. I was still on the phone, "Let him go. He made his choice."

Mary gave me hell again for disturbing the ambiance of her diner by chasing her customers away. "Sorry Mary, I don't think he like the breakfast special, but you know I always love the food here," big smile.

Back in the office the report from Monster and Suzy was sitting on my desk. I had what I needed to call the man in D.C.. But first I had to call Mike, "Is everything OK, is my family safe?"

"You have to ask me a question like that, really?"

"Sorry Mike, you know I'm sensitive where they're concerned."

"I know you are. But you don't have to worry, my best men are here. The kids were freaked out when we picked them up from school yesterday, but Julie calmed them down after a few minutes."

In the background I heard Julie asking if Mike was talking to me and if so he'd better give her the phone right damn now. That's my wife, she can be one pushy beautiful broad.

"Dennis is that you? Are you OK? Talk to me dammit!"

"Julie calm down. I'm fine. Things are moving fast here as of this morning, I put a scare into your boyfriend and I don't think he is going to enjoy the ending."

"HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND! How many times do I have to tell you that! Dennis, I don't have a boyfriend, please please believe me."

"I'm sorry, slip of the tongue. Your old boyfriend made a choice and don't think he will survive the shit storm he brought down on us. Especially after the family deals with him."

"I don't care about him, only you and the girls matter. When can we come home?"

"Soon, but there is more that needs done before this is over. Now just you relax and enjoy the quiet. Mike is quite the story teller. Julie...he is one of the good ones. Nothing will happen to you and the girls while you're there with him."

"I'll stay, but not for long, I have to fix all the damage I caused and we need to fix us."

"Fixing the company is my job now. We'll fix us when you get back and I expect it to involve serious skin to skin friction."

"Oh Dennis, thank you for giving me another chance even though I don't deserve it. I love you."

"I love you to Julie. Now tell the girls I love them when they wake and give Mike the phone."

"Mike, I expect things to get worse before days end. The external review will be completed by noon and from what dickhead told me most of the FBI agents monitoring the family is on their payroll so I think DEAP will be activated and you know what that means."

"Yeah, everyone dies."

"Keep them safe Mike."

"You know I will. See ya."

Julie heard Mike's statement and immediately berated him to explain.

"Julie, your husband, my friend, hired me to take extraordinary steps to protect not only the company but his family as well. After his kidnapping years back he couldn't take the risk of losing you or the girls because of the business you have."

"What fucking kidnapping! He never told me of a kidnapping." She just woke up the girls with her yelling.

"He didn't want to worry you. That is what he meant by me saving his life. I guess I did, but he saved mine too. Let's have something to drink and I'll tell you all about it."

Mike detailed the events of how we met. Julie was none to pleased that I kept a secret like that from her. There were more than few words of kicking my ass when she see's me again. She was even more surprised when Mike explained the protocols I set up afterwards. She had no idea I would go to such lengths to protect the people close to me. I hid things so well that not even she found the expenditures when she ran the books.

"Mike, it's obvious my husband has complete trust in you or he wouldn't have put his family into your care. But the horror of his kidnapping and the reality of the current threat from a crime family got me thinking that YOU cannot be there every minute of our lives. We have to be able to protect ourselves. I have to be able to protect my girls! I want you to teach me how to shoot a pistol."

"I don't know Julie. Dennis may not be happy about that."

"This isn't about Dennis. This is about me protecting my family."

He was debating her request and the possible ramifications, "OK, but I don't screw around. I will teach you how to use a weapon to protect your family and that means you must be prepared to kill another person. Can you grasp that concept? Killing another human is easy to do, living with the guilt of killing is difficult. I know this from experience. You have to wrap your mind around the consequences."

"Mike as God is my witness, I would rather deal with that kind of guilt than the

nightmare of burying my family because I couldn't protect them."

"Alright, that is what I wanted to hear you say. Now If you want to learn how to shoot, you will do exactly as I say, how I say and if you give me any crap, we're done. Got me!"

I knew the externals report wasn't due until noon but I didn't want to wait, not with having the conversation with Hal since he might already be giving the family a heads up.

"I know I'm early but let me have it."

"The externals report is complete and a significant problems exists with the FBI monitoring the crime family's activities. As you have been told by the subject in town, most of the agents are on the payroll of the family and have been submitting false reports to their superiors. When Mr. Johnson caught himself in debt to the family the agents assisted them with the background investigation on Mr. Johnson's life. That is when they discovered the videos of your wife. One of the agents recognized her from a meeting in the capital while you were both there for contract talks. That is when the plan to blackmail your wife was devised. I'm afraid the compromised agents will warn the family and escape is probable unless DEAP is authorized."

"I figured today was going to be the day. I'll make the call to the agency, but for us, DEAP authorized." My word established my covert army to activate and make available protection my people may need to minimize any potential personal threat.

I never thought I'd have to do this but making the call to the only man not part of the company to tell him a serious threat to my company and the government. The call made was to the National Security Agency. With the FBI agents corrupt I would need them to go after the family and retrieve the financial if they were sold on the black market. Of course, I was relying on Monster and Suzie.