Queen Of Sorrows Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good, you're back," Kiera said without looking up from her reading. "Do you know where the towels are kept?"

"Yes, Empress," Sofia answered. "They are still in the same closet where they were stored a week ago." Not even a week, actually.

"Grab a stack and wait for me in the bathing chamber."

"Yes, Empress."

Sofia left the bedchamber and returned a minute later with an armful of fluffy towels, all embroidered with the same sigil as the one she wore on her face. The equivalency was not lost on her. So this is what I've become-a piece of property, an ordinary thing to be used, discarded or sold at the whim of my owner. What will Kiera do with me once she finds me no longer useful? Will I be set free? Not likely. Sold to a new owner? Again, not likely. I know too much. Confined to the dungeon? Possibly. Put to the sword? Probably. That leaves only one alternative: I must find a way to escape.

Eight male servants, each clad in white livery and carrying a large empty bucket, filed out of the bathing chamber, passed through the bedchamber, and exited through the reinforced oaken door. Sofia surveyed the room and marveled that not a single drop of water was spilled on the floor. The Overseer has trained them very well. I wonder what is the punishment for spilling the Empress' bath water-drowning, perhaps?

"Sofia?" The Empress called from the bathing chamber.

"Yes, Empress," Sofia answered.

"Join me."

"Yes, Empress."

Sofia entered the bathing chamber and sighed. As a gift on their first anniversary, Leopold had the entire chamber redone in white marble. It had taken nearly three months for a team of craftsmen to remove the ancient limestone flooring and fixtures and replace them with the freshly quarried stone. The sunken tub-which would have been large enough for four people to use, if they were so inclined-was her favorite part of the chamber, but every inch of the room was special. Stained glass windows illuminated the room with a playful, changing rhapsody of light during the daytime, and in the evening the glow from up to one hundred candles pierced the darkness with a soothing warmth. This room had been her secret respite from the stresses of running a Kingdom and a household. And now this, too, is no longer mine.

Kiera stood at the edge of the water with her arms extended to either side.

"Take my gown."

"Yes, Empress."

Sofia removed the gown and draped it over a marble table. For the first time, she took a good look at the Empress. Standing half a foot taller than Sofia, Kiera was lean and muscular. She had narrow hips, a flat stomach that rippled with muscle, and long gazelle-like legs that looked like they were built to run long distances at great speed. Her small breasts were firm and shapely, and capped with upturned nipples. And just as Sofia suspected, her pubic mound was covered with a thin coating of black stubble. Sofia touched her face where the stubble had chafed her earlier that morning.

"Take off your uniform and join me." Kiera waded to the middle of the tub, and then sat against the edge furthest from the steps.

"Yes, Empress."

Sofia took off the livery and stepped into the steaming tub. She had shared a bath one time with Leopold when he first presented it to her as a gift, but since that time she had always enjoyed it alone. Now even that memory was to be despoiled.

"You have lovely breasts, Sofia."

Sofia blushed. Her nipples stiffened as wisps of steam rising from the water curled around her. Despite all the times that the Empress had seen her naked, this seemed to be the first time that she had actually looked at her. It caught her off guard.

"But that forest between your legs is an eyesore."

Sofia was at a loss for words. Women in Osthollow did not bathe together. They did not eye each other's naked bodies, and they most certainly did not comment on them. Of course, catty remarks were always whispered about unpleasant subjects like sudden weight gain and premature wrinkles and skin blemishes, but certain areas were strictly off limits. Maybe off limits in Osthollow, but apparently not in Chrysanthis.

"Bathe me."

Sofia's eyes widened.

"Empress?"

"You heard me." Kiera pointed toward a tray with several cakes of scented soap. "Wash me."

Kiera laid back against the tub with her arms extended along the edge and her legs fully extended.

"Start at my feet."

Sofia grabbed a cake of soap and immersed it in the water. The warmth and moisture unlocked the perfume, which wafted upward and filled the entire room with the scent of jasmine and strawberries, and even a little basil. Sofia recognized it from the Ritual. That must be her special scent.

She rubbed the soap over the Empress' feet, paying particular attention to her rough soles and long toes. She moved up her lean, steely legs, pausing to make sure you cleaned the back of Kiera's knees, and then moved up her thighs. She soaped both legs and then stopped when she reached her crotch.

"Don't stop now," Kiera teased. "I know you lathered me with your tongue earlier, but my cunt needs to be soaped, as well."

Sofia blushed as she swiped the cake over Kiera's mound, between her lips, and over her clit. She was edging upward toward her belly button when Kiera interrupted her.

"You missed a spot."

"Empress?"

Kiera rolled over and stuck her ass in the air.

"Oh, come on." Sofia snapped.

"That outburst will cost you," Kiera snarled.

Without turning her head, Kiera reached behind her and grabbed a switch identical to the one she earlier used on Sofia in the bedroom. She flicked her wrist twice, landing a stinging blow on each of Sofia's butt cheeks.

"Ouch!" Sofia cried. "Why did you do that?"

"Are you ready to continue, or should I give you another lesson?"

"Continue," Sofia whimpered. "Empress," she added.

Kiera turned her back to Sofia once again and stuck her ass in the air. Sofia picked up a fresh cake of soap, dipped it in the water, and slid it along the crack of Kiera's ass.

"With your tongue," Kiera hissed.

Sofia was repulsed by the thought, but after considering her options she decided it best to comply. She's been soaking in the tub for twenty minutes. How bad can it be? She placed her hands on Kiera's hips and lowered her face to the split between her cheeks. With just the tip of her tongue touching skin, she swiped it up and down two times and then reached for the soap.

"You aren't finished," Kiera warned. "In fact, you haven't even started."

Sofia sighed.

"Spread my cheeks."

Sofia put both hands on Kiera's butt and pried her cheeks apart.

"Now find my little flower and lick it."

Sofia took a deep breath, extended her tongue, and pressed it against the Empress' asshole. She is so demented. How does someone like her ever become the head of a nation?

"Ahh," Kiera cooed. "Much better."

Sofia swirled her tongue around the little pink rosebud for several minutes. As she licked, she noticed the Empress rubbing herself with one finger.

"Don't stop, Sofia. Just keep doing what you're doing."

Sofia continued licking as the Empress slipped two fingers into her slit. In less than a minute she was grunting her satisfaction while her fingers slipped in and out and all over her vulva.

"Ooo. That was nice. Now let's continue."

Kiera rolled on to her back. Sofia located a soap cake and resumed washing the Empress torso. She washed her tight belly, her firm breasts, her back, shoulders and arms.

"Get a cloth for my face." Kiera instructed.

Sofia stepped out of the tub, retrieved a soft clean cloth, and wiped the remnants of yesterday's make up from Kiera's face.

"I'm running late, so we'll skip the hair today. I'll wear a ceremonial headdress, instead. It scares the hell out of the commoners."

"So we're finished?" Sofia asked.

"Oh no." Kiera pointed. "On that table is a wooden box. Open it."

Sofia walked to the indicated table and found the box. She slid the tab to one side, releasing the lid. Her eyes bulged in surprise. She reached inside and pulled out a gleaming silver razor.

"I know what you must be thinking, Sofia. But before you do anything drastic, remember that only I know where your children are located. If anything happens to me, their caretakers have standing orders to slit their little throats. You will spend the rest of your short life in the dungeon, with only the dead bodies of your children to keep you company and to serve as constant reminders of the rash and unwise decision you made.

"Now are you ready to continue?"

Sofia's shoulders slumped as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks. She stepped into the water and knelt in front of Kiera.

"Lather my legs with the soap, and then holding the blade like this, scrape upward against the hairs. I'll show you. Give me your leg."

Sofia extended her leg. Kiera worked up a lather with the soap, and then applied it to Sofia's calve. She scraped the soap off with the razor, and then repeated the process with the other leg.

"See how that's done? Now you do it to me."

Sofia did as Kiera instructed. When she was finished with the lower legs, Kiera instructed her to continue. She scraped Kiera's thighs and then looked up at her.

"Now comes the fun part." Kiera sat up on the edge of the tub and spread her legs wide. "Don't be nervous."

Sofia applied the soapy lather to Kiera's crotch. She dipped the blade in the water and placed it against her mound.

"Don't move," Sofia cautioned.

As Sofia scraped the blade across Kiera's mound she felt a wave of nausea rush over her. The temptation to slice open her enemy and the conqueror of her people was pulling in one direction, but the fact that she might actually do so to the detriment of her children was pulling her to the opposite side. She felt lightheaded. She experienced a flash of heat and then a rush of coldness. The lightheadedness increased. She started to speak, but everything went black.

When Sofia awoke she was lying on a towel spread across the floor next to the tub. Kiera was wiping the razor after she finished shaving her mound.

"I thought you were tougher than that," Kiera teased.

"I don't know what happened to me. I felt hot and cold, and then I passed out."

"Your inner conflict overwhelmed you. It's a lot to process. You want to take your revenge against me, but you know that doing so would result in the death of your children. The psychological dilemma was more than your mind could handle. You had an emotional breakdown."

"Why would you allow me to handle a razor when you know I have so many reasons to want to kill you?"

"I spared your life for a reason, Sofia. You are more useful to me alive than dead, and eventually you will come to understand that. But make no mistake, I will keep you alive only so long as it is in my interest to do so."

"How am I useful to you? I'm sure you can find any number of men and women to lick your pussy."

"Your emerging sexual skills are merely the icing on the cake, Sofia. As a head of state practicing the art of statecraft, I must use every tool in my box to achieve my goals. Finding you on the throne when I entered the palace was a godsend. You are a tool, Sofia-a very specialized tool-and when I am finished honing you I will put you to use in a way that will have devastating results for my foes."

Scheme away all you want, Kiera. I will never do anything to help you achieve your goals. When the opportunity arises I will blow up your plans just as you destroyed the tranquility of my home, my family, and my nation. That is my promise to you.

* * *

Sofia dressed Kiera and then spent the rest of the morning completing her assigned tasks. She straightened the bedchamber, changed the linens, and gathered all the laundry. She cleaned the bathing chamber, restocked the supplies, and picked up the wet towels and wash cloths. Sofia hauled the laundry to the washroom and received a load of fresh linens and towels in return. By the time she finished with her morning routine, it was time for her afternoon meal.

Servants were not permitted to eat until the Empress, palace residents, and all guests were served. At the conclusion of the afternoon service, the servants were fed in a cramped windowless area behind the kitchen. The kitchen staff and any stragglers were the last to eat.

Sofia arrived just as the scullery maids and kitchen staff were finishing their lunch. The head chef was already in the kitchen working on the evening meal, but his assistants were still eating when Sofia joined them at the table.

"Good afternoon," she said. "I'm sorry I'm late."

"You're lucky there's anything left," one of the cooks sneered.

"You'll have to serve yourself," another chimed in. "We're occupied."

"Pietro and Jenneth," a stern voice barked from the doorway. "Mind your manners."

Sofia gasped at the sound of the familiar voice. It took all the self-control she could muster to keep her eyes focused straight ahead.

The man set a tray of food in front of Sofia. He then took a place on the bench at the next table. He and Sofia sat back-to-back, eating their meals in silence. One by one the other servants finished and departed. When the last servant had left, Sofia finally spoke.

"Sebastian?" she asked.

"My Queen," he answered.

"How...?"

"I did as you commanded before the palace fell-I assumed a position on the household staff. My father was a baker. I grew up in the bakery, so I put on a set of whites and went to the kitchen. It was easy for me to fit in."

"Was it you? Did you prepare my meals while I was in the dungeon?"

"Not the first one, but after that, yes. I would not have my Queen eat the slop the Overseer meant for you to eat."

"Thank you, Sebastian."

"It was the least I could do. I would have been dead or in irons if it weren't for you."

"I'm so happy you survived."

"I am pleased to serve you, my Queen."

"You mustn't ever address me in that manner, Sebastian. If you are overheard, both our lives will be forfeit."

"I'm sorry, my..."

"Slave. Just call me 'slave'."

"I could never-"

"You must, Sebastian. From this moment forward you must forget I was ever your Queen and instead think of me as a mere household slave. As of yesterday morning you are a citizen of the Empire, while I am nothing more than the Empress' property. Until we are able to overthrow these invaders, no one can see you or hear you showing deference to me."

"I understand."

"Are there any other survivors?"

"Yes. The-"

"Don't tell me. If I don't know, I cannot be compelled to divulge their names. Until such time as we are ready to move, it is best that I know as little as possible."

"Of course."

"How have our former citizens been treated? Is the Empress honoring her promises to me?"

"So far, yes. No property has been confiscated. Only military officers have been put to the sword, and that stopped once the Palace fell. The dungeon has been largely emptied, with the former prisoners becoming slaves of the Empire. The less violent offenders are scheduled to be auctioned off to private citizens, while the more dangerous convicts will be put to work in the mines."

"Has the Empress taken any more personal slaves?"

"No, my-Sofia-just you."

"That seems strange to me. I expected to join a staff of hundreds of slaves."

"Their system of taxation is vastly different from ours. The Kingdom relied on sales taxes and tributes based on production. The Empire uses a combination of income taxes, property taxes, and sales taxes. Slaves are property, and the owners pay taxes on their slaves just like horses or livestock or any other chattel. The Empress pays taxes just like an ordinary citizen, but she has the luxury of deriving the benefits of supervising-while not owning-over five hundred slaves who are property of the Empire. She can deduct their food, housing, clothing, and medical expenses from her income, thereby lowering her tax liability. The benefit she derives from their labor more than offsets their expenses, and she pays no tax on them as personal property. You, on the other hand, provide no tax benefits to her and she is fully responsible for your upkeep. She must find you valuable for other reasons."

"Oh, she does, Sebastian, she does."

"What does she-?"

"Don't ask, Sebastian. I would rather not talk about it."

"As you wish, my-Sofia."

"I must return to my station, Sebastian. I will be in touch."

Sofia stood up, reached for her tray, and headed for the kitchen. Sebastian stopped her and took her tray.

"I'll get that," he said. "I'm going that way."

"Yes ... sir."

Sofia bowed her head and walked away.

* * * *

As a result of her conversation with Sebastian, Sofia was several minutes late returning to Kiera's chamber for her afternoon assignments. Neither of the hulking guards stationed outside the entrance commented on her tardiness. In fact, the two failed to acknowledge her presence in any discernible way. They stood like stone statues, each with his hand poised near the hilt of his sword. Sofia was not used to being ignored. She bristled internally while at the same time admiring their poise and discipline.

"Can someone open the door?" Sofia asked in a pointed tone.

Neither guard moved.

"Fine!" Sofia reached for the handle and pulled. Despite its massive size, the heavy oaken door moved easily on its hinges. It was designed such that if it were locked from the inside, no human force could budge it, but if unlocked, it glided open with a touch of a finger. Sofia hurried through the doorway and into the chamber.

"It's about time, Sofia."

The former queen froze in her tracks. She turned toward the voice and saw Captain L Anton seated in front of Kiera's desk.

"Captain L Anton. You startled me. Are you here to see the Empress?"

"No. I have been sent to retrieve you."

"Sent? By whom?"

"The Empress."

"Very well. Do you want to tell me what this is about?"

Captain L Anton stood up and approached Sofia. He towered over her by nearly a foot, and with his long strides he covered the space between them in two steps. Like most of the invaders, he had dark eyes and his face was framed by dark hair. Despite the coldness of his demeanor, Sofia could not help but notice his handsome countenance.

The Captain grabbed Sofia by the elbow and pinched. The left side of her body immediately went numb. His eyes bored into hers with steely resolve.

"If you expect to survive your captivity, Sofia, you are going to have to learn that you are no longer in charge. You do not question orders, from anyone. You especially do not question orders from the Empress. Even I do not question orders from Kiera."

"My apologies, Captain L Anton." Sofia tried to shake free of his grasp, but her arm and shoulder refused to comply.

"We will be touring the city." The Captain's gaze softened and a smile formed on his face. "The Empress wishes to see some of the sights. You will serve as her travel guide."

"'We,' you said?"

"Yes. I have been assigned to watch over you."

Wonderful. I'm sure I would prefer staying back and scrubbing floors all day to an afternoon escorting the bitch and her lackey around my former Kingdom.

Captain L Anton led Sofia through the Palace. The pair were met at the front doorway by Captain Anton's brigade, who snapped to attention as soon as their Captain and his charge were in sight. They fell into formation around the Captain as two guardsmen opened the door.

A gleaming blue coach sparkled in the sunshine outside the main doorway. A team of twelve horses stood ready to pull the enormous vehicle. Two dozen mounted guards surrounded the coach. They parted to allow Captain L Anton and Sofia to board the coach while his brigade took their places on the vehicle's roof. The door snapped shut and the procession departed.