Queen Of Sorrows Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm so pleased you could join us, Sofia," Kiera said. "Sit beside me."

Sofia took a seat in the rear of the coach next to Kiera. Captain L Anton sat in a seat against the side wall, perpendicular to the Empress and Sofia.

"Thank you, Empress," Sofia answered. "I am always in your service."

"Captain L Anton thought you might enjoy a breath of fresh air this afternoon, so long as you did not harbor any thoughts of escape. I assured him that you wouldn't be a bother."

"You were correct, Empress. I promise you that I will give neither of you any cause for concern. Thank you for the opportunity to leave the Palace."

"Don't thank me, Sofia," Kiera said. "Thank Captain L Anton."

"Of course, Empress. Thank you, Captain. I appreciate you thinking of me amidst your many duties to the Empress."

"If your presence pleases the Empress, then it pleases me, as well." Captain L Anton flashed a toothy grin at Sofia.

Sofia blushed and turned her face toward the window. It was the first time she had set foot outside the Palace grounds since it fell nearly a week ago. It saddened her to see the destruction evident in all directions. Broken windows, crumbled walls and smashed buildings were visible everywhere. Yet somehow the streets were clear of debris. It almost appears as if giants with massive brooms had swept the streets clean.

"We began clearing the streets the very day the Palace fell," Kiera interrupted. "Lawful commerce requires the movement of goods and services. By restoring market conditions promptly, we are able to restore a sense of normalcy which will allow prosperity to resume in short order. It also allows us to prevent black markets from usurping the local economy, driving up prices, and reducing tax revenues."

"We learned that lesson the hard way in Bostovia," Captain L Anton added. "It took but one week to defeat the Orthodoxy, but over a year to gain control of the region. Tribal warlords swooped in from the hinterlands and filled the economic vacuum that resulted from the fall of the theocracy. In less than a month every citizen was indebted to one warlord or another. Crime was rampant. The harsh winter prevented the large-scale movement of troops. It wasn't until after the Spring thaw that we were able to move in and retake control. We vowed to never make that mistake again."

"Are you saying that we should be grateful for your decision to invade the North before you turned your attention Southward?" Sofia but her lip as soon as the words left her mouth.

"I don't expect you to thank us now, Sofia," Kiera cooed. "But there will come a day when you will look upon Chrysanthis' annexation of Osthollow as the most important day in the history of this nation."

The most infamous day in our history would be more like it.

"I wouldn't presume to argue with you, Empress." Sofia answered. "But I would point out that-unlike Bostovia-Osthollow has no warlords. This nation would never descend into the type of chaos that befell Bostovia."

"Don't be naive, Sofia. Every land has its ne'er-do-wells, malcontents, slackers, grifters, thieves, brutes and bullies. Your husband's wise rule created a form of prosperity that served to keep the miscreants underground. But with your husband gone, there was nothing to keep the disgruntled from festering and rotting this nation from within."

"Then why did you invade us? Why did you kill Leopold? This country was peaceful. We were no threat to Chrysanthis. We had no dreams of expansion or conquest. We were stable, prosperous, and our people were happy!"

Tears streamed down Sofia's face. She stared at Kiera with hatred blazing in her eyes.

"I know that all of this is difficult for you, Sofia. I don't expect you to understand any of it, yet. I could have had you killed. That would have been easier, I suppose, for both of us. But there will come a day when I need you. When that day comes I will need you to serve me willingly, faithfully, and effectively.

"I will never serve you willingly, Kiera."

"You are an intelligent woman, Sofia. Eventually you will understand my methods and the reasons behind them. You will see that I had no choice but to annex Osthollow, and while I would have preferred to do so peacefully, your husband left me no choice. I can't say that I would have acted any differently if I were sitting on his throne, but I do know that I am thankful you were in control on the day we took the Palace. Many lives were spared because of the decisions you made that day. I look forward to a time when you and I are allies."

"We will never be allies."

"Do not speak in absolutes, Sofia. You may despise me now, but the day will come when you love me as dearly as you once loved Leopold. You will do what I wish because I wish it, and it will make you happy to make me happy."

"I hate you, Kiera."

"And I will use that hatred to mold you. After all, what is a mold, but the inverse of the thing inside of it?"

"You are evil, Kiera. I could never love anyone as evil as you."

"And there you go again, speaking in absolutes. We will work as a team, Sofia. You can count on that."

Neither Sofia nor Kiera noticed that the coach was slowing. When it came to a complete stop, Captain L Anton jumped out of his seat and stood near the door.

"We're here," he announced.

The coach door opened and the Captain jumped out. He stood at attention next to the coach while his brigade assumed a defensive formation. The Empress exited next, leaving Sofia alone inside.

Kiera stepped into the bright afternoon sunlight. Surrounded by the soldiers in their shiny black armor, her cobalt blue raiment stood out like a shimmering jewel in the night sky. She blinked twice before shading her eyes with her hand. She surveyed the territory, and then looked back to the coach.

"Join us, Sofia," Kiera said. "I didn't bring you along just to keep you locked inside my vehicle."

Sofia stepped to the doorway and looked down. The carriage rode several feet off the ground, and there was no step to assist her disembarkation.

"Let me help you."

Captain L Anton reached for Sofia, grasped her by both arms, and set her on the ground.

"I had forgotten just how far it is from the coach to the roadway."

Sofia smoothed her uniform and looked around. They were standing outside a farmhouse in the agricultural region a few miles North of the capital. Farmers in this area primarily raised export crops, although a few of the smaller farms supplied the local markets.

The farms in the Northern agricultural district bore the most serious scars of the invasion. Located between the border and the Capital, some of the heaviest pitched battles occurred on these lands. This particular farm was typical. The barn was leveled, the crops were trampled, and the old stone farmhouse was nearly burnt to the ground. Tears streamed from Sofia's eyes as she surveyed the damage.

The brigade parted as a soldier led a middle-aged woman and two small children to the center of the formation. The soldier stopped in front of the Empress and Captain L Anton. He bowed his head and fell to one knee.

"Arise, soldier," the Empress commanded.

The soldier stood and saluted.

"Empress. Captain. I am Lieutenant L Cordon. I present to you the owner of this farm, Rishelle Silverstorm, and her children, Anisha and Devon. They survived the War of Unification."

The woman trembled while her children tried to hide behind her skirt. She stared at the ground, too afraid to look into the eyes of the Empress."

"Rishelle, children, you have no reason to fear me. I am here to provide what small assistance I can to get your farm back up and running again."

Kiera reached into a hidden pocket and pulled out a small metal case. She opened the case, removed two pieces of crystallized sugar candy, and handed them to the children. Anisha ventured out from behind her mother just long enough to grab the candies before resuming her position behind Rishelle's skirt.

"My advisers tell me that you lost your husband and two sons in the battle," Kiera continued. "I am truly sorry for your losses. I know there is nothing I can do to replace your loved ones."

Rishelle clenched her jaw until her teeth hurt. She refused to look up into the Empress' face towering over her.

"But I can help you with your farm," Kiera said. "What did you grow on these lands?"

"Sorghum and hemp, mostly," Rishelle answered in a low monotone. "Corn, wheat and soybeans, also. My husband didn't like to depend on a single crop. A dip in demand and we could be ruined, he always said."

"A wise man, no doubt," Kiera said with a smile. "Here's what I can do for you, Rishelle. I will send a team to rebuild your house and barn. I will stock your stores with sufficient supplies to get you and your family through the winter. I will provide you with funds to buy seed for planting season. All I need from you is a promise that you will resume operations in the Springtime. Can you do that for me, Rishelle? Can you promise me that you will come back from this devastation and rebuild?"

"Yes Ma'am," Rishelle sobbed. "I will do that. I promise I will continue the farming operations."

"Listen to me, Rishelle." Kiera's eyes bored into Rishelle's. "It's important to me that you get this farm back up and running in the Springtime. I'm counting on you to help put this land back together. Are you with me?"

"Absolutely, Ma'am. Thank you, Ma'am. Thank you. I don't know how we would have survived without your help."

"A team of builders will be here in the morning. Rishelle, I'm counting on you. Don't let me down."

"I won't Ma'am, I won't."

* * * *

The coach and its escort resumed touring the areas North of the Capital. Sofia sat silently for the first few miles while she contemplated Kiera's actions at the farm.

"That was very kind of you to help that family rebuild their lives," Sofia finally said.

"I'm sure you would have done no less if you were in my position," Kiera responded.

"Perhaps, but probably not. There are not enough funds in the Treasury to give that kind of assistance to everyone who needs it."

"That's true, and I don't intend to give money to everyone who was damaged by the war."

"How can you help some, but not others?" Sofia asked. "How do you decide who receives assistance and who doesn't?"

"You're asking the wrong question, Sofia. The issue is not who should and who should not be helped. Rather, you should be asking how can I rebuild this nation's economy as quickly, as effectively, and as fairly as possible? This farm has over 200 acres of arable land. It's the largest family-owned business in the entire region. It directly supports a dozen other families whose husbands and sons work for the Silverstorm family in the Spring and Fall. It supplies eleven percent of the grain that goes to the Crestview mill. Ninety percent of the hemp and one hundred percent of the sorghum grown on this farm are exported, which means it has to be hauled by teamsters to and from the market. The crops are taxed at two different points before they leave Osthollow. Keeping this farm running next year means keeping husbands and sons working, keeping families fed, and keeping coins flowing into the Treasury. If these lands were to lie fallow for another season, the economy of this entire region would collapse.

"That's how I decided to provide this family assistance."

"I ... see your point. Sofia frowned. "I guess."

"I'm sure Leopold would have done the same thing," Kiera said.

"No." Sofia stared into Kiera's dark eyes. She clenched her jaw before speaking in a low, measured tone. "Leopold would not have played favorites. He would have tried to help every family who needed assistance."

"Then he would have been a fool. He would have emptied your treasury without preserving a single valuable resource. The nation would have collapsed under the weight of your husband's largesse."

Sofia's eyes flared. Her face flushed crimson as a wave of heat rose up her spine.

"Enough." Sofia glared at Kiera.

"There isn't enough gold in the entire continent to make everyone whole. Only an idiot would embark on such a stupid plan."

"Shut up, bitch!" Sofia could take no more. She launched herself at Kiera, aiming for the darker woman's exposed throat. Captain L Anton jumped out of his seat, but before he could reach Sofia, Kiera had already caught the shorter woman's wrists and was holding her at bay. Kiera pulled Sofia toward herself and spun her around in the same motion. Sofia found herself seated between Kiera's thighs, with her back pressed against the Empress' torso and her wrists pinned behind her own back.

"It seems that my pet is feeling a little rambunctious today," Kiera snarled into Sofia's ear. "I know what you need, Sofia. I'm sure Captain L Anton would be more than happy to provide it to you."

Panting, Sofia strained against Kiera's grip but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't move. Kiera adjusted her grip such that she held Sofia's wrists with one hand and with the other she reached for Sofia's long blonde hair. A quick push upward and a gentle tug of the blonde's main caused her chest to jut outward, exposing her breasts to Captain L Anton in a lewd and inviting manner.

Captain L Anton removed his helmet, revealing a grin that spanned from ear to ear. He stared first at Sofia's nipples, standing proud and pointed beneath the gossamer fabric of her uniform. His eyes traveled downward, over Sofia's smooth belly before settling on the blonde bush separated by the pink gash at the junction of her splayed thighs. Sofia closed her legs, but too late. The Captain had already seen her furry mound and moist slit.

"Captain?" Kiera teased. "What do you say? Would you like to give it a go?"

"I will serve my Empress in any manner she desires." The Captain removed his gauntlets and reached for the latches on his spaulders.

"On second thought, Captain, I'll handle this matter myself."

Kiera released Sofia's hair and plunged the middle and ring fingers of her free hand into Sofia's pussy. Her two fingers slipped in all the way to the third knuckle without encountering any resistance. Sofia's pussy was warm, wet, and surprisingly hungry.

"Please, Empress" Sofia wept. "Not here."

Kiera leaned into Sofia, licked up and down her salty neck, and then nibbled on her ear.

"You belong to me, Sofia." Kiera blew into Sofia's ear. "I will have you any time I want, any where I want, and with anyone I want. Do you understand?"

Kiera withdrew her fingers and then shoved them back in quickly. At the same time she bit Sofia on the base of her neck.

"Yes!' Sofia cried as the first wave of an orgasm rushed through her body.

No! I mustn't allow her to pleasure me. I must ... resist.

"Who do you belong to, Sofia?"

Kiera thrust her fingers in and out of Sofia again, stopping when the blonde woman opened her mouth to speak.

"You, Empress. I belong to you."

A tear rolled slipped from the corner of Sofia's eye and rolled down her cheek.

Kiera withdrew her fingers and placed them against Sofia's lips.

"Lick."

Sofia obeyed.

"What do you taste?"

"My cunt?"

"Devotion. That is the taste of your devotion to me."

"Yes, Empress."

"Now taste mine."

Kiera pushed Sofia to floor. She pulled her skirt up to her waist and lowered her crotch to Sofia's mouth. Sofia had just enough time to take a deep gulp of air before Kiera's slender buttocks were pressed once more against her face. Kiera knelt with her knees over Sofia's outspread arms and her hands on the younger woman's soft waist. She arched her back and looked up at the ceiling while she rocked her slick cunt on Sofia's face.

Sofia squirmed underneath the slender woman's muscular body. Her mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions: Frustration for being brought so close to orgasm before she was pushed to the floor; anger at her own body for responding to Kiera's manipulation; shame for this exhibition occurring in the presence of Captain L Anton; and humiliation for her total subservience to Kiera. She owns my body, but I won't let her have my soul. No matter what she does to me, she will never break me.

Her confidence restored, Sofia attacked Kiera's clit with a vengeance. She licked and sucked, recalling and mimicking every technique that had been successful earlier that morning. The sooner I make her climax, the sooner this will be over. I hope.

Excited by both Sofia's brief but unexpected struggle and her own display of dominance in front of Captain L Anton, Kiera felt a wave of pleasure rising within her. She rocked her hips front to back, increasing the friction of Sofia's face against her clit. Her feminine aroma filled the coach, complimented by scent arising from Sofia's dripping slit.

"Ungh!"

The first wave of Kiera's climax arrived sooner than she expected. She dug her fingers into Sofia's soft flesh and pressed her crotch onto the blonde woman's nose. Her entire cunt was tingling, and small explosions were igniting the pleasure centers in her brain.

Kiera opened her eyes and saw the Captain staring at her and Sofia. From his seat directly across the coach, he had an unobstructed view of Sofia's splayed thighs. That sight no doubt produced a painful erection for the Captain under his shiny black armor. Kiera smiled at him, and then dipped her head to Sofia's crotch. She licked one time, starting at the top of her bushy slit and finishing with her tongue dredging through the juices pooled in Sofia's vagina.

"Mmmm!" Sofia moaned. Stop it, damn you!

Captain L Anton leaned forward in his seat. The sight of the two women licking each other to climax, combined with the sounds of their successful efforts and their combined aroma filling the coach made his head swim. He had no way of knowing if Kiera engineered this scene for his benefit or if his presence was but a fortuitous circumstance. At that moment he did not care-he was grateful that he had drawn the assignment of guarding the Empress.

No one inside the coach noticed it slowing to a stop. A sharp knock on the door was the only indication they had reached the next destination. Captain L Anton was the first to move. He managed to tear his eyes from the scene on the floor and reach the door just in time to grab the handle before the doorman could pull it open.

Kiera continued riding Sofia's face while she thrust her fingers in and out of Sofia's slit. Her first orgasm was quickly followed by a second. She was tempted to continue her ascent toward a third peak but decided that she had kept her attendants waiting long enough. She stood up, smoothed her skirt, and headed for the exit.

"Come along." Kiera looked over her shoulder toward Sofia. "We have work to do."

Captain L Anton opened the door handle, and one by one the three occupants stepped into the afternoon sunshine. The combined smells of animal waste and burned flesh assaulted Sofia's nose the second she disembarked the coach.

The stockyards? Why are we here? This place looks like hell!

"Empress, this is the stockyard manager, Mr. Abel Rohan." Captain L Anton turned first to the Empress and then to Mr. Rohan. "Mr. Rohan, I present to you the Empress of Chrysanthis, Kiera of Sinji."

"Mr. Rohan, thank you for coming out to meet with me today." Kiera extended a hand toward the trembling stockyard manager.

"My pleasure, E-E-Empress." Mr. Rohan looked at her extended hand as though it were a venomous snake. He briefly shook it, and then returned his hand to his side.

"Mr. Rohan, I understand that this is the largest stockyard in all of the territory formerly known as Osthollow."