Reconnecting the Dots

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No. I don't. I love that man too much. He's my soulmate and I don't know where I'd be in life without him.

And Claire also meant what she said regarding being the mother Ashley deserves. Ashley may never call her "mom", but she was OK with that. Claire nodded her head with a finality, then said aloud, "I'm going to be the best mother I can be to her."

Taking a final deep breath, she stood up, looked around her kitchen, taking everything in. She smiled at what she saw. This was the home she built with her husband, for her family, which now included Ashley. "I'm a very lucky woman," she said out loud.

Turning her attention to the time on the microwave—5:04—Claire realized how late it was getting. She needed to get ready. Jake was expecting her at the bar at 6:30 so they could eat together before he got too busy preparing for the tonight's show. For a moment, the thought went through her head to tell him about the call over dinner. She was tempted, but finally decided against it.

I'll tell him tonight in bed. Let's enjoy the evening.

And would he be mad that she went behind his back? No. They trusted each other implicitly. He might be a little annoyed at first, but he would know why she did it. Heck, she learned it from him. He was always putting the ones he loved before himself.

Then she smiled. Tonight was going to be fun. She was really looking forward to Jake and Ashley's public debut. And Robin—Garret's wife—was going to be there. Claire always had fun when wine, music, and Robin were involved.

Taking one last look around, Claire decided for the time being to put the last thirty minutes or so in the back of her mind. But she knew the difficult times weren't over yet. Ashley still had a ways to go, but Claire was optimistic. She didn't give up back then when Jake needed guidance, and she wasn't going to give up now. She would do whatever it took to preserve her family.

But the final question was: Will the dots ever truly be reconnected?

Probably not. But that's life.

—The End—

-----

I hope you all enjoyed my return to writing. I really wanted to touch upon a side of the LW genre I hadn't come across. Hopefully I did just that.

Thanks,

Jake

-----

1...5678910