All Comments on 'Reconnection'

by GatorRick

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Agreed

The Charlie, Brent time was definitely a problem for me. I agree 100% with the previous comment. Also I feel you glossed over Charlie's reasons why she went with Brent in the first place. It did not seem logical for her to do what she did so cold and callously.

It was obvious she was date raped, and while I understand your Christian manifesto,about forgiveness, her reasons neededexplainibg. You are too good a writer to use the "I don't know why" cliche.

Your hero is too good, no anger, nothing. A zombie. He simply forgives and moves on with a woman who disrespected him, cheated on him, and broke his heart.

Understanding this is fiction, lets at least make the characters plausible.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 10 years ago
Just OK

Not one of your better stories. Too many loose ends/unanswered questions left outstanding. Your hero seems too shallow. He was way too ready to just leave Charlie after the prom and way too ready to just accept her statements when he came home from the navy. As for Charlie she seemed almost one dimensional. As another reader stated she did not report the rape the night it supposedly happened, did not report the attempted murder and supposedly said she couldn't remember the accident? Besides, the accident according to Charlie happened on a dirt road but there was some indication earlier in the story that would lead the reader to believe it was on a more well traveled road. All in all this was not one of your better efforts however it was still an enjoyable little read. Toney was a poor excuse for a criminal also. He was nowhere near smart enough to be successful in the insurance frauds he supposedly engaged in. I can see how he arrived at his place in life however. I do believe you should have explained away his wealth (or loss thereof) by saying his parents disowned him or lost their wealth because of the economy or something. At least his situation was somewhat believable--he could have only came from a family that had "surface" wealth, perhaps his parents scammed their way through life also. Anyway, keep posting. I enjoy reading your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not one of your best

Without repeating too much what was previously written, I agree with each comment thus far. SW bullseyed it too. You are very talented, and I look forward to more, but plausibility should always be there in a story of this type.

Charlie was one dimensional, the hero too perfect. I do not understand how Charlie could do that to him, nor do I understand how he could run away initially like a scared tabbit, then come back and be so nonchalant, and carry on with her as if nothing happened. He makes a Vulcan look emotional. The villains were paperweights, and not believable at all. More needed to be done with them. A lot of loose ends, and improbable plots.

Charlie was date raped, and almost murdered, why did she not go to the authorities? Why did she allow Brent further access when she saw his behavior? Not rational at all.

I hope you learn from this, and I know you will do better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Total rubbish

Should be in a book not on Literoti

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
pretty weak

As others have said this tale had way to many flaws. Charlie not reporting or even telling anyone about being raped was just to big a plothole. Once she found out she was pregnant she would of at the very least had to explaine what really happened to her parents. The same applies even more so regarding what happened in the car that lead to her losing the baby. She had no reason at all to protect the scumbag and her not even trying to get some payback on him ruins this story.

Evan just hooking back up so quickly with Charlie considering how they parted also didn't gel. Maybe in time after getting back to being friends first I could see it but almost right away, no chance.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
really ?

A Navy SEAL who does not care about loyalty ?

Charlene broke a long standing promise (4 years) to go to the Senior Prom with Evan.

So how long until she drops her panties for the next slick talking dude ?

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Enjoyed the Story

No problem with the big pothole, I mean plothole. Lots of women do not report rape and lots of people are afraid of making accusations that they can not prove(something about paying of lawsuits). The lesson there is to not show your hand as Charlie did with Brent pointing out he would run into DNA further down the line. Barbara hit the nail on the head saying that he liked to play games. He should have done it in the computer.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
congratulations

Gator Rick, congratulations for your sly parody of the Loving Wives genre. That so many commentators fell into your "Pit of Doom!" is hilarious. It is pathetic that the trolls completely incomprehended your malicious practical joke on them.

Clueless Dweeb: check

who has romantic crush on beautiful neighbor girl since they were in diapers: check

when disappointed in love, runs around hysterical like a castrated new-steer: check

joins military/lumberjack/astronaut who stiff upper lip refuses to discuss: check

drives souped up Mustang with badly engineered mufflers, badly: check

heroically overthrows oppressor onepercenter jock WASP: check

conveniently ignores social system, legal system, corporate system designed to

coddle and protect said onepercenter jock WASP: check

I'm looking forward to reading your other postings.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 9 years ago
Nice Story

and well written. I think if there was a little more drama it could have made it a better and more believable story. For instance, I think Evan forgave Charlie a little too easily. I think if you would have stretched it out a little where she had to earn his trust it would have made it a more interesting tale rather than having them becoming best friends again just after one talk. One's core personality doesn't change that much in six years unless you're talking from age one to six when most of your personality is formed. I'm not saying they didn't belong together but he was betrayed and hurt pretty bad by his lifelong love and best friend whom he trusted implicitly and that leaves a scare. Even subconsciously, it would make him a little hesitant to trust anyone with his heart again let alone her. No matter how big a shyster Brent was and how bad her prom was she still made the decision to throw Evan over for a Johnny come lately that she barely knew for a few months versus their entire school life. Thank you it was still a good story.. .

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Nice story

Some think a bit more drama would have made this a better story, I don't. The way it is written makes the story and the characters believable and realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well

great story

Only things I would say are it needed a bit more on why she would throw away all that history to go out with brent.

Girls that age are very well aware of who they are going to prom with and she had planned it with her boyfriend, to suddenly change to brent?

Thats a major blow. even after 6 years, he wouldnt get with her again all that fast.

Will she cheat again? he has to be wondering if it could happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

To kong and erotic? I don;t think so,

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Morons

Last anony - There are classifications on this site. This story is in "Romance." If you want a fuck and suck try "Erotic Couplings." Remember that words have meanings. If you don't know the meaning of a word, try the dictionary.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 8 years ago
unlikely

Sweet little girl? Sweet talked into dumping her lifelong friend in a matter of weeks,is not a sweet little girl.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
a romance story with a twist

actually several

I agree with many of the others that the date rape should have been handled by the police.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very good

Hey ! Here I am giving my opinion on a story I've read agizillion (hope that is right spelling) times. Of course it's Fantastic. Thank you Gator Rick for your many romance and veteran stories. Please publish more? Love you all!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
RE-CONNECT

means something has broke and needs to be re-hooked up. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice 5* story

My only problem is the character Charlie. she got several clues to dump brent at the prom, but continued to make the dumbest mistakes, THAT broad is too stupid to be walking around. the only silly 18 yr old type mistake is evan running off in a huff , but it was just one little kid mistake. hers was beyond stupid. the idiot might be dangerous to others!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too Much Negative Vibes Man

Don't you love the comments section of some readers! Well here's mine again. I LOVE ROMANCE AND I LOVE NAVY AND MARINE STORIES ! Thanks Rick ...Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars=100 %.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THESE COMMENTS ARE MIND BLOWING

PEOPLES! Rick has given us a great story! It is FICTION ! Not real It came out of the mind of a fantastic author! If you don't like the story go read about the Kadashians! But please take your hand and pull yourself together? LOVE YOU ALL! BYE! OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE. GREG

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Excellent!

The sign of a good movie,and in this case story,is that when it ends you wish it was longer. Well-written,with interesting characters,it moves along smoothly from beginning to end.

Highly recommended reading. A BIG 5+ for this one!

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

Your stories convict me to continue with me attempting to write. I like stories that have romance without all the fluff as I like to call it. Fluff being the sex part. Again thanks. I hope you read some of mine and are willing to comment on how I can become better. Input from authors like you would be of great help to me. I enjoyed this one.

B_Bailey

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 6 years ago
A great story

I do not understand the negative comments this story has received.

First, it is a fictional romance, made for reading and enjoyment, something that GatorRick has fully achieved.

Second, in real life, many women are seduced by men with false smiles and great words of deception. If you do not believe me, watch the news about women who travel east to join the Isis, deceived by supposed future husbands, who say they love them and what they really want is a slave who dies for them in a terrorist attack.

I also have to say, with all due respect to SEAL's, that they too are human beings, that they can make mistakes, and best of all, they can forgive, and in matters of love everything is possible, I know from personal experience.

This is a great story, an authentic romance, has not needed sex throughout history to keep the attention of readers, which is demonstrated in all comments, good and bad, it seems that all readers came to the end of the history, which is the goal of every author, be read and not ignored. Remember Oscar Wilde's famous phrase: "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about".

5 * for you, very well earned.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

Johnny0432Johnny0432over 6 years ago
Very nice story 5 stars

BUT, this reminds me of Loving Wives stories basically. OK she found out Trent was a pig, got drugged and raped SO WHAT! None of that mattered in the least. What mattered was she thru Evan away so easily to a pussy hound. Pussy hounds are very easy for a guy to spot, but harder for a woman for some reason. There is a ton of pussy hounds that are pigs, but will NEVER show it. They are professional at being able to treat your wife better than you ever could. Once a cheater always a cheater given another opportunity. What is glaring here is a trust issue...

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Very nice.

Great story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very nice story 5 stars

What I was wondering about was why wasn't a rape charge filed???

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
GatorRick, I love most of your stories, but....

too many things were "Glossed" over in this one. I see what you were going for but many of your other stories would have hit on these things. I'm not sure what happened here. Overall this story had the ability to be another "5 Stars" but you missed out on it. Keep going, I know you and "Rick" have many more good ones in the "Mustang Gas Tank" (was this a nod to StangStar06?)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boring, having spent more than enough time in insurance this was tedious. In addition I don't see any reason for the MC to forgive her, sure she fucked up and it didn't go well for her BUT she made that choice. She decided to go out with the rich guy instead of the "love of her life" even after knowing how he treated his previous dates. Sure the result sucked for her, so what?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Missing the author

Read the comment/criticisms. Most seem just to resent a 'cute' Romantic story.

Some complain it is too long. Others say not enough.

Want a nice little encouraging read? This it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kind of dry. Some of the insurance scam stuff was interesting, but to see the Asshole really died of an accident was surprising. Running off to join the Navy and become a seal because your girlfriend went to your senior prom with someone else, seems drastic. I get dumping her as a girlfriend. But really refusing to see or talk to her? Not going to your graduation? Yeah she made a mistake. But it was a mistake not a full fledged betrayal. She is 18. What happened to her, being raped and impregnated is NOT something she deserved. Not remotely. Too bad they lost six years. And why did the MC being a Navy Seal have any relevance?

SmellerSmellerabout 1 year ago

Kind of anticlimactic and too predictable. All just fell into place without any struggle.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Charlie was a fucking slut and Evan was better off without her but he ended up being a weak wimp of an ex-Army guy. Evan's mother was an interfering bitch together with her friends and the fucking Pastor!!

DISAPPOINTING STORY OF A CHEATING SLUT WHO WANTED THE RUCH GOOD LUCKING GUY

Xavier3737Xavier37376 months ago

I totally agree with those that don't think he should have taken Charlie back. She ripped his heart out. She literally chose another guy instead of him. I know Brent raped her, but she still chose him instead of Evan. I don't even know if would have kept being friends with her.

bigurnbigurn5 days ago

This is a " OK " story, but that is all I can say about it. There are just too many small things that are inconsistent, such as a school teacher saying " Real Late" instead of really late. Also, why get involved with a reformed Golddigger again? She dumped him to chase after the rich guy. Then she kept trying to reel in Brent, just to get on the money train; AKA child support. She was so desperate for money that she never reported the rape or attempted murder after the meds cleared her system... Now, we need the follow up story. The one wherein Charlie gets dumped for latching onto the MC , just to get access to that steady income and pension... Burn that Bitch! 3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐ .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous